Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11659629 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14716) (14717) (14718) (14719) (14720) (14721) (14722) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
Clock win treble twice no manager born of woman except Pep has achieved that.

If e easy to use money win UCL PSG for don win tey tey plus Chelsea would have won more than two times.

Abeg make that kind broken clock come coach Nigeria if na so we go dey win.

wayodude:

Story! Seen ehn, even a broken clock is correct twice everyday.

He was eventually going to win the thing one day after well over a decade of managing top top teams and failing. πŸ˜‚

Seeing how PSG and Chelsea have managed to implode even with similar finances available has made me reassess and agree he is a great manager and not the false prophet I used to think he was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
chrisooblog:

If e easy to use money win UCL PSG for don win tey tey plus Chelsea would have won more than two times.

Na so πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SucroseDeport: 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
Our man, Pep, just won his third UCl and the second treble with two different teams (being the first manager to achieve this).

Meanwhile their own man is still dinning with unknown teams like cska Sofia, Balkani, Dinamo Tirana in the third tier of Euro club competition, the Uefa Europa conference league.

Hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SucroseDeport: 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
mostob:
Who told you Mourinho is finished and that he wouldn't attract a top club? If he shows interest in that Chelsea job, Boehly will end things with Poch and embrace Mourinho.
Enjoy your Europa league next season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SucroseDeport: 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Odunayaw:
Hypocrisy? Ancelotti coached Everton. By your simple minded argument. He was finished

Next season returned to still beat Pep

Real ones applaud the result. Fan girls make useless comparisons

Now take your love and eat it for dinner
Mumu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
chrisooblog:

Hmmm make I no talk

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
SucroseDeport:

Mumu
You're not clever enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
More Update on Chukwueze-Milan Transfer Links

Di Marzio reports that Milan will meet with Chukwueze's entourage/Reps this week to see the possibility of establishing personal terms with the Player.

More to follow...

TheSuperNerd:
Transfer Update: Samuel Chukwueze still in Milan sights

Update from Di Marzio.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
wayodude:

Not sure what you mean by asking me to be substantive and objective. What did I say that wasn't? What evidence of what do you want from me? Lol

Both Sancho and Bellingham were not consistent and exceptional performers before being signed by
Dortmund. were they?

They were just youth prospects with high potential.
There are dozens of players so regarded at any one time. And by the way that is same group of players you talk down on with statements like they haven't played mens football; talents at youth level is at best indicative etc etc. No? cheesy

It is acknowledged everywhere that Dortmund's scouting at youth level is very good and they have now seemingly built their business model on it.

Substansive essentially means to be anchored βš“ on established FACTS and TRUTH.

At 14 Jude Billingham played with the U18 at age 15 he played with the reserve team with consistent oustanding performance. He was dominating men .

At age 16 and 38 days Jude played his first professional first team game for Birmingham city in EFL cup. He was given the MOTM award at this stage he was the youngest ever play to play for Birmingham city.

At age 16 +(56 days) he had his first game in the Championship in August 2019. He was consistently continuously oustanding and by November he was given EFL Young Player of the Month. At the end of the season 2019/20 being still 16 years old he had played 41 games in the Championship with multiple never ending accolades. At the EFL Awards, he was named both Championship Apprentice of the Year and EFL Young Player of the Season. This is your spurious definition of a mere "youth prospect with high potential"

2020/21 after being courted by numerous top clubs including Manchester United he chose Borussia Dortmund. On his first game at age 17 (77 days) September 2020, he scored another outstanding performance. He was B. Dortmund youngest ever goal scorer in the Bundisliga by end of the month he given the accolade, Bundesliga Rookie of the Month for September. This is your misguided definition of what you call ,"youth prospect with high potential"

Jadon Sancho was already on the first team lost at 17 in Manchester city he was already proven established but denied opportunity. Then Borussia Dortmund gave him opportunity the rest is history.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
Barryseal:

Birmingham retired Jude Bellingham's no 22 shirt and he was just 19.

Actually he was 17 and sombody is calling him a mere youth prospect with potential.

In some regards he achieved what many players had not achieved in one season as a 16 year old.

He was already endorsed by Adidas at age 12/13.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Di Marzio reports that Milan will meet with Chukwueze's entourage/Reps this week to see the possibility of establishing personal terms with the Player.

More to follow...

I hope dis transfer works out , it will b a real upgrade to his career

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

More to follow...

Please when is samson tijani going to be fit again.
Of all our midfielders under 23 he seems the only one with top flight football experience.
He has played in europe the austrian league and was on the verge of breaking into re bull salzburg first team when he was injured.
If he stays injury free he is the Victor isimhen of our midfield. He has been rated by European teams since he was 16.
Can remember clubs fighting for him.
He may be ready for superbeagles now.
I have been monitoring his progress

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

More to follow...

I understand they want to agree personal terms with Chuks first before negotiating with Villarreal

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
Pep got a defender in the UEFA champions league team of the season as a midfielder.

Congrats Stones. Merited.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
komekn:

Substansive essentially means to be anchored βš“ on established FACTS and TRUTH.

At 14 Jude Billingham played with the U18 at age 15 he played with the reserve team with consistent oustanding performance. He was dominating men .

At age 16 and 38 days Jude played his first professional first team game for Birmingham city in EFL cup. He was given the MOTM award at this stage he was the youngest ever play to play for Birmingham city.

At age 16 +(56 days) he had his first game in the Championship in August 2019. He was consistently continuously oustanding and by November he was given EFL Young Player of the Month. At the end of the season 2019/20 being still 16 years old he had played 41 games in the Championship with multiple never ending accolades. At the EFL Awards, he was named both Championship Apprentice of the Year and EFL Young Player of the Season. This is your spurious definition of a mere "youth prospect with high potential"

2020/21 after being courted by numerous top clubs including Manchester United he chose Borussia Dortmund. On his first game at age 17 (77 days) September 2020, he scored another outstanding performance. He was B. Dortmund youngest ever goal scorer in the Bundisliga by end of the month he given the accolade, Bundesliga Rookie of the Month for September. This is your misguided definition of what you call ,"youth prospect with high potential"

Jadon Sancho was already on the first team lost at 17 in Manchester city he was already proven established but denied opportunity. Then Borussia Dortmund gave him opportunity the rest is history.

Rubbish. Playing with the reserves at 15 years old is not as rare as you make it sound. If you are as close to the academies in the English game as you claim to be you will know this.

Again, several players have made their debut at 16 even in the Premier League and had rave reviews just like Bellingham. Of course it was great for Bellingham to also have been in your words 'dominating men' although in 'division 2' reserve games. grin

For example at 16/17 years old midfielders like Jack Wilshere, Josh McEachran were not only playing with and dominating men in the Premier League and Champions League. Had Chelsea or Arsenal sold them on at that point they would have probably gone for more money than Bellingham went for... Sadly Arsenal and Chelsea don't get that excited at talented youth prospects to retire a squad number in their honour if they do move on.

You say Sancho was 'established' at Manchester City!? Hahahahaha funny guy, he was so established he didn't kick a ball for the first team.

In any case have we now lowered the bar about being consistently exceptional and outstanding to simply being 'established'. Do tell us.

I think you are consistent and exceptional in your attempts to prove to the unprovable. Not with me fam, the results won't be outstanding cheesy

Not even sure what you're arguing about to be fair.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
Franz Beckenbauer reborn as an English Man. John Stones.πŸ™ŒπŸ€πŸ»

TheGoodJoe:
Pep got a defender in the UEFA champions league team of the season as a midfielder.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Rodri also merited his place massively.

In terms of Ball Recoveries/Posession recovery/initiation, he came the closest to Cluade Makelele of Chelsea back in 2007/08 UCL.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
See as Man city winning Champions league make here dull and boring,
See as the thread quite chaiii, make ah no talk first
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
Just passing by.
don't know why you are happy. It's not as if you dominated inter😏😏
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
kingphilip:

Your quote below says he won't find a club in league two.

So which leagues in the world do you equate to league two so when he leaves for those leagues, we won't celebrate the move.

Difficult question ❓

Not all fourth tier leagues are the same, some are near amateurs or semi pro. What would be the unit of measurement across Europe. Thats a tall order.

But my reference was to Nwakali not being good enough for EFL League two, tongue in cheek. But being honest he would struggle in that league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
If they can get their transfer policy right, sign the right players and truly sign up Nagelsmann, then yep, PSG could be serious UCL title contenders next season.

They already bagged Manuel Ugarte, a Solid yet technical CDM. But they need more than just signing players other big clubs go for. They need to do so with a playing strategy in mind.

Mbappe could yet do something with PSG if only they get it right on their player signing policy/strategies.

true. It's high time they realized that the galatico model won't work for them. they should allow the coach sign who he wants rather than all these statement signings in the front while the midfield is not better than Brentford's midfield
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:29pm On Jun 11, 2023
Football's Irony: Kane vs Alvarez

One is undoubtedly One of the greatest strikers to ever grace the EPL and the other is a striker living in the shadows of EPL's new strike king.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2023
wayodude:

Rubbish. Playing with the reserves at 15 years old is not as rare as you make it sound. If you are as close to the academies in the English game as you claim to be you will know this.

Again, several players have made their debut at 16 even in the Premier League and had rave reviews just like Bellingham. Of course it was great for Bellingham to also have been in your words 'dominating men' although in 'division 2' reserve games. grin

For example at 16/17 years old midfielders like Jack Wilshere, Josh McEachran were not only playing with and dominating men in the Premier League and Champions League. Had Chelsea or Arsenal sold them on at that point they would have probably gone for more money than Bellingham went for... Sadly Arsenal and Chelsea don't get that excited at talented youth prospects to retire a squad number in their honour if they do move on.

You say Sancho was 'established' at Manchester City!? Hahahahaha funny guy, he was so established he didn't kick a ball for the first team.

In any case have we now lowered the bar to about being consistently exceptional and outstanding to simply being 'established'. Do tell us.

I think you are consistent and exceptional in your attempts to prove to the unprovable. Not with me fam, the results won't be outstanding cheesy

Not even sure what you're arguing about to be fair.

Your have EVADED the subject.

Let me remind you , you claimed that Jude Billingham was just, "youth prospect with potential"

I proven that to be TOTALLY UNTRUE and you are still making noise.

I have nothing more to say
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
Finidi George's Enyimba takes the lead vs Reigning Naija League Champs, Rivers Utd in the final matchday of the NPFL Super 6.

As things stand, Enyimba would be League Champions AGAIN!

2 mins+ to HT though.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
komekn:

Your have EVADED the subject.

Let me remind you , you claimed that Jude Billingham was just, "youth prospect with potential"

I proven that to be TOTALLY UNTRUE and you are still making noise.

I have nothing more to say

Very funny, anyone with basic comprehensive skills and has read my comments will know I haven't evaded anything.

One doesn't have to have the last word to convincingly disprove the other in an argument.

Dropping the mic on this one 😁
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
Super Eagles Camp Update ahead of June 18 AfconQ Fixture

Players in Camp:

William Troost Ekong

Adeomla Lookman

Joe Ayodele Aribo

Alexander Iwobi

Calvin Bassey

Semilogo Ajayi

Kevin Akpoguma

7 Players in so far.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
HT: Enyimba 1-0 Rivers Utd

As things stand, Enyimba and Remo Stars will represent Nigeria in the CAF Champions League next season.

While, Rivers Utd will settle for the CAF Confederations Cup.

Note... this is as things stand at Half time.

TheSuperNerd:
Finidi George's Enyimba takes the lead vs Reigning Naija league Champs, Rivers Utd in the final matchday of the NPFL Super 6.

As things stand, Enyimba would be League Champions AGAIN!

2 mins+ to HT though.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles Camp Update ahead of June 18 AfconQ Fixture

Players in Camp:

William Troost Ekong

Adeomla Lookman

Joe Ayodele Aribo

Alexander Iwobi

Calvin Bassey

Semilogo Ajayi

Kevin Akpoguma

7 Players in so far.

The game is this coming weekend, we need a full house latest 12noon on Tuesday

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
daveP:

Messi
Mbappe
Debruyne
Haaland
Osimhen

Why is life so sweet because your rating does not matter neither does mine or anybody here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
Samueltemi337:
Julian Nagelsmann first request to PSG is to sign Victor Osimhen

Amen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
daveP:
Congrats to City, but I'll say Inzaghi's inter Milan unlocked the strength of the city team.

Next season will see teams using that formula to play city. Unless Pep changes style sha.

I saw a bit of some Thomas Frank in Inzaghi. Tactics in the middle especially. πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

No team on the planet can play this high pressing football that inter played week in and week out

Not even the same inter you got to save tactics like for some important games

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
Danielnino00:
Top 5 favorites for the APOTY:
Osimhen
Mahrez
Salah
Bono
Hakimi

Another ludacris biased list una no they tire self

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14716) (14717) (14718) (14719) (14720) (14721) (14722) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Impeccable5248(m), typicalgamer(m), zuchyblink(m), Lawag3, Joebie and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.