Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,071 members, 7,867,055 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11966495 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2017
eterisan:
kindly stay of my mention if you looking for a fight and cannot be polite... Please... Thank you...I didn't quote you.....I do not have the strength for what you wanna start...rarely have the time to post opinions, not to talk of to argue with someone who clearly needs lessons on public communication and etiquette from his mama.

Okay I just wasted 5 seconds of my life on you and that hurts me more...
I'm really sorry you misunderstood me. no insults intended sir! that was just a friendly way to show my disapproval to your points. maybe cause i erroneously clicked on the wrong emoticon. that was meant to be a big grin. But then telling me to go learn manners from my mamma is incredible and disrespectful cause i ain't no kid, I'm a happily married man sir. you Nigerians should learn to live life and not take offence over every little thing. life ain't that difficult i assume!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2017
komekn:

I don't know where you get the notion of HATE.

Disagreements yes but they are welcome as they are not hidden in rhetoric. But show you are passionate, plain spoken, straightforward and yes very impulsive.

Which is a reflection of your youthful exuberance and possible limited interactions but not in a bad way. It's actually amusing reminds me how I use to be.

I think I'm mostly misunderstood here.

Cuz when i said 'hate', it was in an off-handed way, not hate like you understand it.

I get the feeling whenever I post sometimes, most guys here roll their eyes and go "she don come again".....I'm very difficult to understand ehen you're just reading my comments rather than talking.

You would get me if we talked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
DrKlever:
I'm really sorry you misunderstood me. no insults intended sir! that was just a friendly way to show my disapproval to your points. maybe cause i erroneously clicked on the wrong emoticon. that was meant to be a big grin. But then telling me to go learn manners from my mamma is incredible and disrespectful cause i ain't no kid, I'm a happily married man sir. you Nigerians should learn to live life and not take offence over every little thing. life ain't that difficult i assume!
I knew he misunderstood you. I actually smiled at your response

The issue with writing as opposed to speaking is that there is a high possibility of being misunderstood. When you talk, your voice relays your emotions. The best you can do with writing is emoticons and sometimes, there are none to relay your true feelings.

It's a big issue

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
komekn:

What do you mean
our young players ranging from 18-23 are better than England's own
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
cromz:
our young players ranging from 18-23 are better than England's own

I disagree o grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adegwurulez(m): 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
forgiveness:

Point of correction, 15 games for Bordeaux, 14 for Sporting Lisbon, 3 for Liverpool and currently 12 for Reading-fc. grin

Where did he play them? In Somalia? grin

Now, show me how easy it is to say Agbo and Awaziem better choice or experienced than Tiago. grin

Give me their breakdown as you did for Tiago. grin
Agbo played 7 games in his first season for Granada, and 21games in his second season. Same Granada your boy got 9caps, he has played in all of standard liege's games this season. All these under 2years, compared to your boy's 6years.

Awaziem 10games in 2016 for Porto, this season he has only been absent due to red card for nantes. It is sure looking like he's going to get enough games this season.

Oh so your boy was out injured, yeah? Pray tell, the experience you spoke about, was it garnered in the sick Bay?

Your boy is so good, yet none of the 3countries he's eligible for has called him even for a friendly game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
Danielnino00:

Why are you mentioning Tiago Ilori?
what's special about him?? He would have played for Portugal senior team had his move to Liverpool been successful.
it's not every player with Nigerian heritage that we should be calling to play for us na. Let's preserve some dignity please.

Is he not a Nigerian? Abi others are more Nigerian than him? Abeg, spare the boy.

How can you know what is special about him when you have not followed him?

What is special about Balogun and Ekong?

Bros, if he is not good enough Liverpool no go buy am. He was not ready for the physical pattern of the Premier League.

Currently, Tiago Ilori is playing for one of the promotion contender in the Championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2017
adegwurulez:

Agbo played 7 games in his first season for Granada, and 21games in his second season. Same Granada your boy got 9caps, he has played in all of standard liege's games this season. All these under 2years, compared to your boy's 6years.

Awaziem 10games in 2016 for Porto, this season he has only been absent due to red card for nantes. It is sure looking like he's going to get enough games this season.

Oh so your boy was out injured, yeah? Pray tell, the experience you spoke about, was it garnered in the sick Bay?

Your boy is so good, yet none of the 3countries he's eligible for has called him even for a friendly game.

Why did he get 9 games? grin is it because he's not good enough? shocked grin

If yes, how did the so good boy made LA Liga team of the week before he got injured? shocked grin

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/1y95y8/tiago_ilori_makes_the_team_of_the_week_for_la_liga/

Oga! Separate talent from injury and you can have sane argument. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2017
libero808:
I play at school. I see you all have rooms here.. Interesting

You're highly welcome. At least we'll be seeing two shadows from the female wing in coming days. good to know its a familiar terrain to you. welcome!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
safarigirl:
I knew he misunderstood you. I actually smiled at your response

The issue with writing as opposed to speaking is that there is a high possibility of being misunderstood. When you talk, your voice relays your emotions. The best you can do with writing is emoticons and sometimes, there are none to relay your true feelings.

It's a big issue
lol it's really a big issue dearie, sometimes i read most responses from people who get pissed over your post and i just shake my head. Respect ain't bootlicking, it surprises me how some would wanna be kissed on their feet cause they are older or they are men yet we claim to be a soccer family grin . we will get better someday!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2017
forgiveness:

Is he not a Nigerian? Abi others are more Nigerian than him? Abeg, spare the boy.

How can you know what is special about him when you have not followed him?

What is special about Balogun and Ekong?

[b]Bros, if he is not good enough Liverpool no go buy am. He was not ready for the physical pattern of the Premier League.[\b]

Currently, Tiago Ilori is playing for one of the promotion contender in the Championship.

I'm not saying he isnt a Nigerian or he isn't good enough.. I'm just wondering why you are mentioning him.

@Bloded if he isn't ready for the physical pattern of the EPL,what makes u think he will be ready for the physical nature of African football??
Abeg the boy is another Nedum Onuoha...

If we are looking for a back up CB for Ekong and Balogun, we have Agbo,Awazeim, and the much loved Omeruo We might as well recall Godfrey Obaobona and Efe Ambrose
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
Danielnino00:

I'm not saying he isnt a Nigerian or he isn't good enough.. I'm just wondering why you are mentioning him.

@Bloded if he isn't ready for the physical pattern of the EPL,what makes u think he will be ready for the physical nature of African football??
Abeg the boy is another Nedum Onuoha...

If we are looking for a back up CB for Ekong and Balogun, we have Agbo,Awazeim, and the much loved Omeruo We might as well recall Godfrey Obaobona and Efe Ambrose

He is now ready because he currently playing in the more physical championship.

Agbo and Awaziem don't have a claim to a shirt in the National team. They are not even considered part of the team yet.

They must fight for the position alongside Tiago Ilori, Jordan Torunarigha, Felix Uduokhai and Brian Idowu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
Lalas247:
Redbeans u don get ur ticket ?
Trailblazer wer u dey o
how about you join this crew to discuss here. can't wait....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
forgiveness:

He now ready because he currently playing in the more physical championship.

[b]Agbo and Awaziem don't have a claim to shirt in the National team. They are not even considered part of the team yet.

They must fight for the position alongside Tiago Ilori, Jordan Torunarigha, Felix Uduokhai and Brian Idowu.[\b]

Funniest comment I've read all day grin grin .. Oga relax na..Nobody has talked about the aforementioned players na grin grin. For now our CB options are Balogun,Ekong,Awazeim,Agbo and Omeruo.

"In Icon79 voice" opari grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
England gatz wake up from their sleeping beauty fantasy. that article up there is crap and subjective. see how the fellow make afcon look like a crap event. nonsense. they should get 11 guys with white asses so we'll know their real strength.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adegwurulez(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2017
forgiveness:

Tiago Ilori is more experienced than Agbo and Awaziem.

We don't even have back up self.

Apart from Balogun and Ekong, which other CB do we have?
forgiveness:

Why did he get 9 games? grin is it because he's not good enough? shocked grin

If yes, how did the so good boy made LA Liga team of the week before he got injured? shocked grin

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/1y95y8/tiago_ilori_makes_the_team_of_the_week_for_la_liga/

Oga! Separate talent from injury and you can have sane argument. grin
I see you've shifted from experience to talent. We're making progress.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2017
jotey:

I disagree o grin
bro in our category we hv iwobi,ihenancho,ndidi,ola Aina,olayinka,bonvature,awaziem,ebuehi,bazee. while England has rashford,Ali,solanke,onomah,Ojo,tomori etc (mostly Nigerians sef). in my opinion apart from dele alli the rest are at par or below our players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
Danielnino00:

Funniest comment I've read all day grin grin .. Oga relax na..Nobody has talked about the aforementioned players na grin grin. For now our CB options are Balogun,Ekong,Awazeim,Agbo and Omeruo.

"In Icon79 voice" opari grin

Hahahahahah! I want to see all squad member of Super Eagles play before they go to the world Cup. No Sidon make I go World cup. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2017
adegwurulez:

Hahahahahah!

Na still part of experience na. grin

Abi you wan make give another player of the week wey Tiago Ilori dey? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
adegwurulez:
Hahahaha...you are really making progress!!.....it will definitely get to a point that you be so confused that you won't understand what the argument is all about......That is forgiveness for you bro!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
forgiveness:

Hahahahahah! I want to see all squad member of Super Eagles play before they go to the world Cup. No Sidon make I go World cup. grin

"The squad members" are those who have worked hard since the beginning of the qualifiers and blended well with the team..
We can't just allow some players to walk into the team and displace others simply because they are foreign born.. Even Tammy Abraham can't be assured of an automatic starting shirt should he decide to play for us.

Opari grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
adegwurulez:

When you read the @bolded you should know he is the initiator of goal post shifting, and I answered him according to the way he put it. grin

bossto:
Hahahaha...you are really making progress!!.....it will definitely get to a point that you be so confused that you won't understand what the argument is all about......That is forgiveness for you bro!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2017
Danielnino00:

"The squad members" are those who have worked hard since the beginning of the qualifiers and blended well with the team..
We can't just allow some players to walk into the team and displace others simply because they are foreign born.. Even Tammy Abraham can't be assured of an automatic starting shirt should he decide to play for us.

Opari grin

So, Agbo and Awaziem have blended well and worked hard since the beginning of the qualifiers, ba!? shocked grin

I see. The South Africans had a different story in Uyo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
adegwurulez:

In ligue 1 nkor... grin

Ligue 1 Team of the Week: 24 (2014/15)
Simon Scutt with this week’s GFFN Ligue 1 Team of the Week.

Anthony Lopes (Lyon) GK

In Sunday’s massive top of the table clash Lyon and PSG shared the points but that barely tells the whole story. Lyon took the lead through a wonderful team goal to lead at the break. PSG attacked and attacked but found Lopes in the Lyon net in their path. He made a good number of saves to keep PSG at bay. He even saved Zlatan’s penalty, but the Swede was given a reprieve when, due to encroachment in the penalty, he got to take it again. Second time round Lopes was beaten and the PSG became the second team to take points from the Gerland.

Jordan Amavi (Nice) LB

Nice welcomed Nantes to the Allianz Riviera on Sunday afternoon and it was not a game that will live long in the memory. No goals and only one real notable incident when Nice had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside. Nantes have only found the net once in 2015 and never looked like doing it on Sunday.

Tiago Ilori (Bordeaux) CB

On a very cold night in the French alps Bordeaux prevailed in the tough conditions. Bordeaux took the lead early on and held on to take all the points. Bordeaux climb up to the sixth place in the table on the back of this result meanwhile Evian remain in the drop-zone two points from safety.

Sebastien Squillaci (Bastia) CB

Bastia took on bottom club Metz at home on Saturday night and the home side marched on with all three points. Metz were reduced to ten men after fifty minutes when Guido Milan picked up his second yellow card and thus second red card in as many matches. From then on it was all Bastia, two goals and thus the victory arrived.

Dennis Appiah (Caen) RB

Caen are flying at the moment. Four wins in a row has seen them rocket up to fourteenth in the table. A comfortable win over Toulouse thanks to a goal either side of half time meant their visitors on Saturday are just two points above the relegation zone.

Gelson Fernandes (Rennes) CM

Rennes entertained Marseille on a sunny afternoon in Brittany with neither side able to claim all the three points. Both sides had chances to do just that but they just could not do so. Ola Toivennen scored his first goal since November in the first half before on-loan debutant Lucas Ocampos scored fifteen minutes after taking to the field, turning in from a corner.

Idrissa Gueye (Lille) CM

Lille chalked up their second away win of the season and their first since August at Montpellier. Goal-scoring has not been Lille’s forte this season yet they were able to belie their reputation as they scored earlier on through a Nolan Roux tap in and then on-loan Rony Lopes doubled the lead in the second half.

Yohan Mollo (Saint Etienne) AM

Friday night’s game burst into life in the last twenty minutes. Saint Etienne held a two goal lead before Lens came back to take a 3-2 lead with ten minute remaining. Sainté meanwhile were able to equalise late on. Les Verts second goal came from a defensive mishap which allowed Mollo the easiest of finishes.

Jeremy Pied (Guingamp) RW

After their December scalp of PSG at home Monaco can now be added to the list of teams to fall at the Roudourou. A scrappy first half saw the home side contentiously reduced to ten men, showing a great deal of character to come out in the second half and attack. They took the lead shortly after the break when Leveque turned in from Beauvue’s cross cum shot. Five straight home wins for the Bretons now and the end of Monaco’s good run.

Raphael Guerreiro (Lorient) LW

Lorient turned things round into spectacularly at Reims on Saturday. They were one down at half time before three unanswered goals allowed them to take home the points to Brittany. The first goal was a wonderful outside of the boot finish from Gassama from the edge of the box. Lorient’s standout performer of the season is the Portuguese wide-man Guerreiro who was at it again with a thumping 20 yard strike to give his side the lead.

Yoann Touzghar (Lens) CF

Coming off the bench to great effect the lens striker Touzghar gave his side not only the point they would eventually claim but they were not far from taking all three points. A madcap second half saw the Lens man take to the field before on the hour mark his long range shot found the corner of the net. Seven minutes later he would have the chance to equalise from the penalty spot which he duly did with aplomb.

S.S.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/ligue-1-team-of-the-week-24-201415/

http://www.givemesport.com/507400-tiago-ilori-helps-bordeaux-move-to-second-in-ligue-1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
forgiveness:

When you read the @bolded you should know he is the initiator of goal post shifting, and I answered him according to the way he put it. grin

You started with the experience angle. How do you define experience? Number of games played?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2017
forgiveness:

He is now ready because he currently playing in the more physical championship.

Agbo and Awaziem don't have a claim to a shirt in the National team. They are not even considered part of the team yet.

They must fight for the position alongside Tiago Ilori, Jordan Torunarigha, Felix Uduokhai and Brian Idowu.

So if you were the coach, you will invite every central defender there is to test them before you make your final list? How much playing time would you need to fully assess each player? how many matches would you need to set up? Na so all the other coaches dey do am?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
forgiveness:

On a personal note, is Sheyi Ojo interested in playing for Nigeria.
yeah Mr kome... 1 Is Seyi interested.......2 Can he comfortably play... 3..is rohr giving him a look in... For now.. It is a long shot.. So we are stuck with ụwa... Lolz
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adegwurulez(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
In the absence of okazaki, Graige Shakespeare starts Slimani ahead of iheanacho.

Issorite.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
DrKlever:
� OK sorry if that came out too strongly... Maybe I misunderstood... But I didn't take kindly to the go and sit down comment... *stretches hand * handshake... We good... Smiles...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
Dominique Solanke making his debut for Liverpool.

On a lighter Note: Liverpool beat arsenal 4 goals to nil and presently they are 4 goals down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
Dextology:
Dominique Solanke making his debut for Liverpool.

On a lighter Note: Liverpool beat arsenal 4 goals to nil and presently they are 4 goals down.

debut?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
tglobal:

You started with the experience angle. How do you define experience? Number of games played?

Of course, I still maintain my experience angle. Just that he was trying to go talent or very good enough hence the checkmate with he is good enough. grin

Experience has to do with your numerous encounters a in particular field.

In this case, Tiago Ilori has gone through numerous encounters in professional football and National Football.

He has played in the top leagues from Portugal to Spain and France.

He was at the U20 World Cup. He was at the Olympics and he has played in UEFA competition. grin

What more? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: stulp16, LLENCE77(m), caprikon, Toylove, elyte89 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.