Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,268 members, 7,867,708 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11969223 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14777) (14778) (14779) (14780) (14781) (14782) (14783) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:08am On Jun 28, 2023
2022 Super Eagles invitee Alhassan Yusuf not a player of interest to Sporting Lisbon
Royal Antwerp central midfielder Alhassan Yusuf is reportedly not a player of interest to Portuguese Primeira Liga giants Sporting Lisbon.

It was previously claimed that the 2022 Super Eagles invitee was a potential reinforcement for Sporting CP for the 2023-2024 season but the information has been disputed by two of the leading sports newspapers in Portugal, A Bola and Record.

Sporting's priority target in this transfer window is Viktor GyΓΆkeres and will consider delving into the transfer market for other reinforcements if a deal is struck with Coventry City for the Sweden international.

The Green and whites are expected to be in the market for a defensive midfielder given that Uruguay star Manuel Ugarte has been linked with an imminent move to Paris Saint-Germain.

Last season, Yusuf won the double with Royal Antwerp, and started every game played by the club in the qualifying rounds of the Europa Conference League,

Overall, the 22-year-old totaled 34 appearances in all competitions and provided two assists.

Signed from IFK GΓΆteborg in July 2021, the 2019 Allsvenskan Newcomer of the Year has a contract with Antwerp until June 30, 2025.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:12am On Jun 28, 2023
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2023
When you get full signal on your phone. 🀣🀣🀣

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:23am On Jun 28, 2023
komekn:

Are you doing a historical analysis or you are rating a player based on current performance.

6 years ago he was oustanding in the Belgium division playing for Eppen scoring 22 goals. 2017/18 he scored 9 from 19 games for Anderlecht. Now that's 5 years ago , he as been inconsistent but far from outstanding.

He was very good even oustanding in Galatasaray but that's 4 years ago.

Your bigoted prejudice is acidic tell us the so called innit boys that's a very derogatory term on scale βš–οΈ with tribalism.

Let me use a more appropriate terminology, Nigerian origin players that I linked to top clubs that ended up playing for low levels clubs, please.

Onyekuru was outstanding in Turkey, EOD!
To you, those boys are "innit boys" not Nigerian origin players because you constantly try to use them to downgrade the home grown Nigerian players here... See how you quickly defended Dele Bashiru move to Turkey..the same Turkey you have rained dog abuses on players like Omeruo and Awazeim for joining..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:39am On Jun 28, 2023
chrisooblog:
I was going to ignore this your comment but it would be foolhardy not to respond to your latest display of intellectual laziness.

Frankly I find it equal parts baffling and annoying that you always bring a sense of shallowness to any discuss that should be stimulating and mutually beneficial.

For the record whatever you think about me is your problem and problem alone. Your thoughts are worth less than tissue paper so you can keep your sanctimonious genuflections to yourself. I won't spam this thread with more political discuss however you're free to tag me here if you have a genuine reason to learn opposing views than gassing yourself up on half baked illogical arguments.

Words enough for the wise.

https://www.nairaland.com/7186774/epl-chatroom-all-discussions/2811

Let me once again deviate on this issue that pertains to the very survival of our nation.

You have denied every substantiated established proven authenticated and even certified fact to anchor βš“ your entire deduction on emotive sentiment based favouritism and preference.

You are the quintessential Nigerian problem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:41am On Jun 28, 2023
Danielnino00:

Onyekuru was outstanding in Turkey, EOD!
To you, those boys are "innit boys" not Nigerian origin players because you constantly try to use them to downgrade the home grown Nigerian players here... See how you quickly defended Dele Bashiru move to Turkey..the same Turkey you have rained dog abuses on players like Omeruo and Awazeim for joining..

Your bigoted prejudice blinds you.

Have you seen me commend him Fisayo for going to the retirement league of Europe.

This is not a league for a player considering football progression ⚽

Trying to understand his Fisayo decision is not an agreement with it.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:01am On Jun 28, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2023
komekn:

Let me once again deviate on this issue that pertains to the very survival of our nation.

You have denied every substantiated established proven authenticated and even certified fact to anchor βš“ your entire deduction on emotive sentiment based favouritism and preference.

You are the quintessential Nigerian problem.
Example of an empty post

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2023
komekn:

Your bigoted prejudice blinds you.

Have you seen me commend him Fisayo for going to the retirement league of Europe.

This is not a league for a player considering football progression ⚽

Trying to understand his Fisayo decision is not an agreement with it.

You didn't commend the move,but you defended it..
Your comment on the move was devoid of the usual "he is finished" comment you would have dropped if it was a Nigerian born player that made that move

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Gundogan has stayed seven years and I think an admirer of Xavi. Also as his career is winding down, he is preparing for his coaching career. So likely had multiple reasons to move to Barcelona.

Last season, the double pivot role of Manchester city was really outstanding and I think Guardiola wants to improve on it.

Rodri and Rice combination can make Manchester City even stronger. Stones will rotate being a defender and a cover for the double pivot role.

As for Kalvin Phillips, I expect Pep to find a new role for him. Maybe build him as a more central midfielder or a cover for De Bruyne. Phillips is still a lethal passer.

Thankfully we won't be seeing the Rodri-Rice double pivot. Overkill no dey tire una. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Arsenal will win the race for Declan Rice with their latest offer of 100M+ and Man City won't bid again.

I would love to see Rice in an Arteta's Arsenal side.

You Cityzens should make plans for Frederico Redondo or perhaps join the Moises Caicedo race.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Thankfully we won't be seeing the Rodri-Rice double pivot. Overkill no dey tire una. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Arsenal will win the race for Declan Rice with their latest offer of 100M+ and Man City won't bid again.

I would love to see Rice in an Arteta's Arsenal side.

You Cityzens should make plans for Frederico Redondo or perhaps join the Moises Caicedo race.

It depends. There is something special about Declan Rice that I feel Txiki and Guardiola will not let him go without a real fight. I say we jack our bid to 120m, direct payment, without a payment plan. That will kill off Arsenal's interest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2023
If you guys bid again, which I doubt, then for sure it would reach the Enzo Fernandez price but as things stand, I think Arsenal will win the race.

Rice is a special kind of CDM. An Upgrade on Arsenal's Partey. He has grown in leaps since he broke out and was being mentioned in the same breadth as Ndidi 3 seasons ago as regards defensive stats in the role but NOW, not even Ndidi comes close to Rice. Rice has grown other aspects of his game and he is bound to get better in a team that prioritises Positional plays (like Arteta's and Pep's).

TheGoodJoe:

It depends. There is something special about Declan Rice that I feel Txiki and Guardiola will not let him go without a real fight. I say we jack our bid to 120m, direct payment, without a payment plan. That will kill off Arsenal's interest.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2023
TheGoodJoe... make your pick. 😁

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
If you guys bid again, which I doubt, then for sure it would reach the Enzo Fernandez price but as things stand, I think Arsenal will win the race.

Rice is a special kind of CDM. An Upgrade on Arsenal's Partey. He has grown in leaps since he broke out and was being mentioned in the same breadth as Ndidi 3 seasons ago as regards defensive stats in the role but NOW, not even Ndidi comes close to Rice. Rice has grown other aspects of his game and he is bound to get better in a team that prioritises Positional plays (like Arteta's and Pep's).

TheGoodJoe.... I told you so. wink

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Interesting I will study him to see how good he is. If he is anything like Rodri, then it is a good deal. I just hope Pep sees Kalvin Phillips suitable for the WINGFIELDER role. I have a deep belief he will excel there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Declan Rice is my pick. It is not just about the intensity but how Declan Rice reads plays and intercepts passes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

I think Tuchel was the first person to really spot this. Sad he missed out on Declan Rice. Props to Arsenal. This will make me even watch them more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

They play different position. While Rice is a CDM, Enzo is a CM. The reason Chelsea is in the market for a natural CDM.

I will choose Rice for CDM while Enzo for CM.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Chelsea too dey dull. This player is on our list yet the scout are still wasting time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2023
Teenage German-Nigerian born defender signs for Bundesliga side Werder Bremen.

One to keep a look out for.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/06/26/bundesliga-side-werder-bremen-confirms-signing-of-17-year-old-nigerian-defender-daniel-kelechi-ihendu/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

This Fabrizio guy is in money o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
Hundreds of excited fans of Belgian champions Antwerp queued up to catch a first glimpse of 16-year-old striker George Ilenikhena, who is soon to sign the dotted lines for their darling club.

This was at the open day of the Belgian champions.

Antwerp are now set to complete the signing of the exciting teenager from French second division club Amiens.

They are reportedly ready to splash six Million Euros to sign the youngster, whose transfer market value is a Million Euros.

Ilenikhena was born in Nigeria and now has French nationality.

He scored eight goals in 27 appearances for Amiens.

Antwerp chief scout Joachim Vercaigne discovered the boy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2023
I say extremely na. i for say no IQ sef, but I wanted to be more realistic. The fact that he can login to NL, there is still a little amount of IQ.

komekn:

You are being too generous,low implies there is some.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
Napoli's Β£180m is just moving around in Lagos anyhow. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Napoli's president might just wake up tomorrow and hear that Lagos boys have sold Osimhen to PSG for Β£70m πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:18pm On Jun 28, 2023
do4luv14:
Napoli's Β£180m is just moving around in Lagos anyhow. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Napoli's president might just wake up tomorrow and hear that Lagos boys have sold Osimhen to PSG for Β£70m πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Osimehn na real Lagos boy and love by many especially in his Olosunsun roots.What a pity no parents but good way to enjoy vacation with real friends not fake yeye celebrities trying to attach to him by force,well the boy na smart dude…..I really enjoyed watching his visit to Onazi home where guys flex wella.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2023
Kog45:
Osimehn na real Lagos boy and love by many especially in his Olosunsun roots.What a pity no parents but good way to enjoy vacation with real friends not fake yeye celebrities trying to attach to him by force,well the boy na smart dude…..I really enjoyed watching his visit to Onazi home where guys flex wella.
I hope Onazi dey manage himself o. Seems like he never really recovered from that Matuidi job and then again age has also caught up with him. Omeruo seems to be the last man standing from the U17 set and i guess he was probably one of the youngest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:18pm On Jun 28, 2023
AndSunGorilla:
Except when it concerns katikati
True.... grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I think Tuchel was the first person to really spot this. Sad he missed out on Declan Rice. Props to Arsenal. This will make me even watch them more.
Actually, the Stone in Midfield tactic which Pep utilized towards the end of last season was Gundogan's idea. Gundogan worked with this tactic with the U16s before introducing it to Pep. What can you say about that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
Everyone!!! Get into Basco's channel and watch this.

It's the sweetest football game you will watch this week for obvious reasons.

THE DESTRUCTION OF THE BREDAS!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

5-1!!!! Could have been worse sef. Enjoy!!! 😁🀣

BascoVanVeli:
Ghana vs Morocco highlights grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRHygMnfwD4

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14777) (14778) (14779) (14780) (14781) (14782) (14783) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, mank1234(m), Stillwater10 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.