Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14849) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11783606 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14846) (14847) (14848) (14849) (14850) (14851) (14852) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
and that’s what I believe until u prove me wrong
Lol, oya England
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
Most people with the loudest negative opinion about our players on this platform do not even watch football. Bassey was immense against Chelsea today. Put Jackson in his place. Just kill Jackson hype in 45 minutes.
When I told them that the Ajax team limited my boy's talent they all came out from their hole foaming in their mouth condemning the boy. Now every pundit is praising my boy's debut for Fulham today. The fans are happy!
See you in the Premier league!
Shockingly Fulham has better midfielders who can progress the ball than Ajax.
Midfileders who do not put defenders in difficult situations thereby allowing the defenders to worry only about defending not thinking about how to deal with back passes every seconds.
Bassey is made for the Premier League!!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2023
hatakekakashi:

Lol, oya England
England hv kane,walkins and the guy in Newcastle

Who else?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Most people with the loudest negative opinion about our players on this platform do not even watch football. Bassey was immense against Chelsea today. Put Jackson in his place. Just kill Jackson hype in 45 minutes.
When I told them that the Ajax team limited my boy's talent they all came out from their hole foaming in their mouth condemning the boy. Now every pundit is praising my boy's debut for Fulham today. The fans are happy!
See you in the Premier league!
Shockingly Fulham has better midfielders who can progress the ball than Ajax.
Midfileders who do not put defenders in difficult situations thereby allowing the defenders to worry only about defending not thinking about how to deal with back passes every seconds.
Bassey is made for the Premier League!!!!
thank God say no be me or you put up this write up about Bassey’s performance today

Na only pple wey no sabi better players go tell you say that he is trash

I’m terms of defenders in our disposal currently Bassey has the highest ceiling and potentials to metamorphose to a world class defender in the nearest future

I pray he moving and performing with Fulham will attract epl big boys in a season or 2
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
no need of experimenting cus it won’t work

I totally disagree. Multiple experiments in football have worked and will keep working. Ask Guardiola who used Stones in midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
I have been seeing top transfer moves for our strikers (which I'm excited about), but what about our midfielders? do we even have emerging midfield talents right now? At least our defence is looking promising with the likes of Bassey getting a much needed moved to Fulham under a top manager in Marco Silva, then add the likes of Tosin Adarabioyo (on his way to Monaco), Jordan Torunarigha (Borussia Morchengladbach), Gabriel Osho (Luton), and hopefully our U20 lads- Benjamin Frederick and Ogwuche, even Chidozie Awaziem is looking to make a return to Nantes which is a top move for him.

Our Attack is forever stacked and getting even more scary- Osimhen, Moffi, Sadiq, Awoniyi, Gift Orban, Victor Boniface, Akor Adams, Nacho etc

Should we build our midfield around the likes of Michael folorunsho (Napoli), Onyedika, Iwobi, Eletu, Akinsanmiro and Daga since the
Ndidi set look to be on a decline?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I totally disagree. Multiple experiments in football have worked and will keep working. Ask Guardiola who used Stones in midfield.
ok cus I no get strength to argue till 3am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:16pm On Jul 30, 2023
Nwamazi8:
I have been seeing top transfer moves for our strikers (which I'm excited about), but what about our midfielders? do we even have emerging midfield talents right now? At least our defence is looking promising with the likes of Bassey getting a much needed moved to Fulham under a top manager in Marco Silva, then add the likes of Tosin Adarabioyo (on his way to Monaco), Jordan Torunarigha (Borussia Morchengladbach), Gabriel Osho (Luton), and hopefully our U20 lads- Benjamin Frederick and Ogwuche, even Chidozie Awaziem is looking to make a return to Nantes which is a top move for him.

Our Attack is forever stacked and getting even more scary- Osimhen, Moffi, Sadiq, Awoniyi, Gift Orban, Victor Boniface, Akor Adams, Nacho etc

Should we build our midfield around the likes of Michael folorunsho (Napoli), Onyedika, Iwobi, Eletu, Akinsanmiro and Daga since the
ndidi is not on decline just that injury slowed him down a bit last season which is normal

Folorunsho if he gets a loan move to any serie A club will be thoroughly looked at

The duo of onyedika and alhassan will get their chance in the national team soon if they continue to perform in the Belgian league

Onyeka and iwobi with ndidi for now are untouchable while Daga hv to move to europe for men’s footie while Akinsanmiro and Eletu continue to work hard to get a sniff in inter and Milan’s first teams

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
Nwamazi8:

i hv even forgotten about Moffi

9ja get strikers abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2023
I actually intend adding your last sentence to my write up. I hesitated to avoid giving haters blood pressure. You are absolutely right my G!
charlesemeka85:
thank God say no be me or you put up this write up about Bassey’s performance today

Na only pple wey no sabi better players go tell you say that he is trash

I’m terms of defenders in our disposal currently Bassey has the highest ceiling and potentials to metamorphose to a world class defender in the nearest future

I pray he moving and performing with Fulham will attract epl big boys in a season or 2

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:54pm On Jul 30, 2023
Dutch to tier club Volendam interested in Nigeria eligible midfielder Faustino Anjorin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:00am On Jul 31, 2023
Serie A club Empoli interested in Nigeria eligible midfielder Michael Folorunsho

Hellas Verona interested too

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:04am On Jul 31, 2023
French ligue 1 side Nantes interested in super eagles defender Chidozie Awaziem

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:08am On Jul 31, 2023
Foot Mercato reports that Nigeria eligible defender Tosin Adarabioyo close to a move to French giants AS Monaco

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:18am On Jul 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
French ligue 1 side Nantes interested in super eagles defender Chidozie Awaziem
Na this one go give somebody here like 2weeks headache and malaria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:21am On Jul 31, 2023
comodo:

Na this one go give somebody here like 2weeks headache and malaria.
stop running circles and mention the person

Grow some balls mate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 12:25am On Jul 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
ndidi is not on decline just that injury slowed him down a bit last season which is normal

Folorunsho if he gets a loan move to any serie A club will be thoroughly looked at

The duo of onyedika and alhassan will get their chance in the national team soon if they continue to perform in the Belgian league

Onyeka and iwobi with ndidi for now are untouchable while Daga hv to move to europe for men’s footie while Akinsanmiro and Eletu continue to work hard to get a sniff in inter and Milan’s first teams

My brother if you can't see Ndidi's decline even as glaring as it is, then I don't know what else to tell you o!' even the Leicester fans are divided on him, many want him gone. Ndidi shouldn't be a key starter until he gets a better club, same for Aribo.

Alhassan Yusuf has been consistently superb for Antwerp, the same Antwerp are champions of Belgium, what else does Yusuf have to do ti get a much overdue invitation to the SE? until Ndidi breaks both legs? Onyeka is decent but he's not a more complete player than even Nwakali who is a technically gifted player.

The core of our midfield if we want to win trophies should be built around:

Iwobi
Nwakali
Michael folorunsho
Alhassan Yusuf
Frank Onyeka
Onyedika
Eletu &Akinsanmiro are to be monitored this season at their clubs for a call up.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:08am On Jul 31, 2023
Nwamazi8:

maybe it's a curse. But then Has there even been a time in which we were fully stacked in all positions like the gk, defense, midfield, attack and coaching crew?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:12am On Jul 31, 2023
The Irish will be our most difficult opponents. Although they lost to Canada and Australia they were the better team. We have to be careful!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 4:55am On Jul 31, 2023
Issues Coach Waldrum must address ahead of Ireland encounter:

- Play with more confidence - do not stroke the opponent's ego
- Avoid giving up too many corners/set pieces - this was problematic during the Aussie match
- Do not take your foot off of the gas pedal in the last 25-30 mins. This issue led to the aforementioned issue in our match against Australia
- Improve passing accuracy (I will admit though, passing hasn't been good across all teams at this tournament)

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 5:15am On Jul 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
England hv kane,walkins and the guy in Newcastle

Who else?
Oh, you're talking about just CFs?

They have Toney and Calvert-lewin too. Tammy Abraham sef dey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 5:20am On Jul 31, 2023
Ppogbae:
Issues Coach Waldrum must address ahead of Ireland encounter:

- Play with more confidence - do not stroke the opponent's ego
- Avoid giving up too many corners/set pieces - this was problematic during the Aussie match
- Do not take your foot off of the gas pedal in the last 25-30 mins. This issue led to the aforementioned issue in our match against Australia
- Improve passing accuracy (I will admit though, passing hasn't been good across all teams at this tournament)
I watched SA play vs Argentina and was impressed by how they moved the ball. I think it all comes down to coaching though

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 7:49am On Jul 31, 2023
Super eagles of Nigeria team is presently talented that any decent coach can achieve magnificent result with this team. Keyword (decent coach) unfortunately, we have been unlucky with our coaches. We just need a coach that will select players on Merit, balanced Formation, appropriate first 11 and we will excel. For example, our midfield considered to be our known weakness hasn’t been prioritized due to the nonchalant attitude towards that position. I lost it when a commenter suggested that Gift orban (A talented Striker) should be converted to play as a playmaker because of lack of midfield options (in his mind). We don’t have a midfield problem but priority/coaching issue. Next year, I expect musa to be included in our 23 man squad and based upon that selection one has to wonder if we’re being serious about winning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 8:12am On Jul 31, 2023
komekn:

Is that what he told you ❓

Or you have created that narrative from your imagination

Oga Komekn. Abeg take life easy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:13am On Jul 31, 2023
hatakekakashi:

I watched SA play vs Argentina and was impressed by how they moved the ball. I think it all comes down to coaching though
South African national teams have always been like that... beautiful and intricate passing. However, they usually lack that X-factor and bite.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 8:27am On Jul 31, 2023
lloydtruth:
So Chelsea now have Chukwuemeka, Ugochukwu, and Madueke yet none plays for Nigeria.

...and AC Milan have Chukwueze, Tomori, and Okafor but only Chukwueze plays for us.

Crystal Palace have Eze and Olise, yet none plays for us.

Too many talents been lost.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 8:30am On Jul 31, 2023
Bannedlargedx2:
Super eagles of Nigeria team is presently so talented that any decent coach can achieve magnificent result with this team. Keyword “decent coach” unfortunately, we have been unlucky with coaches. We just need a coach that will select players on Merit, a balanced Formation, appropriate first 11 and the world can be our toast. For example, our midfield is considered to be our weakness hasn’t been prioritized and this is a position that we have the likes of Eletu, daga, Akinintermilanguy, alhassan, micheal foro Napoli guy all being ignored because the position isn’t priority. Tomorrow, coaches will rather select out of form midfielders and we team wouldn’t benefit from the plethora of it’s super Forward. I lost it when someone suggested that Gift orban (A talented Striker) should be converted to play as a playmaker because of lack of midfield options (in his mind). We don’t have a midfield problem but priority/coaching issue. Next year, I expect musa to be included in our 23 man squad and based upon that selection one has to wonder if we’re being serious about winning
All the players you mentioned in midfield are young and there need someone to mentor before there can Stand on there own.

Please try and edit your post it's too combatsome.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 8:39am On Jul 31, 2023
We just dey shout talents since, we don forget say these talents only performs when they play away games on a beautiful pitches and not potatoes fields we call pitches down here? if we have just one standard stadium like Southy, we have no reason to play badly with these talents

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 8:43am On Jul 31, 2023
D Tigress doing the Lord's at Afrobasket 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 8:44am On Jul 31, 2023
2 matches played, 2 matches won💯
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2023
Probably 1994-1996 era.

Attack: Yekini, Amokachi, Siasia with Ikpeba and Kanu as backups

Wingers: Finidi, Amuneke with Tijani B. and Garba Lawal as backups

Midfield: Oliseh, Okocha and Adepoju with Oruma and Karibe Ojigwe as backups

Defense: Uche Uchechukwu, Chidi Nwanu, Keshi, Uche Okafor, Taribo, Eguavoen, Celestine Babayaro and Ben Iroha

Goalkeeper: Rufai, Ike Shorunmu, Dosu Joseph and Emma Babayaro

Coaches: Westerhof, Bonfere and Amodu not world class but decent tacticians who could win you matches more often than not.

Amedino99:
maybe it's a curse. But then Has there even been a time in which we were fully stacked in all positions like the gk, defense, midfield, attack and coaching crew?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ecoco2014(m): 10:21am On Jul 31, 2023
Amedino99:
1995/96 was the year

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14846) (14847) (14848) (14849) (14850) (14851) (14852) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dkay51(m), Moniter0, KpagoGIN(m), charlesemeka85(m), Oasis007(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.