Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14966) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11717989 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14963) (14964) (14965) (14966) (14967) (14968) (14969) ... (16164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
For any who care, I made a video reacting to Jay Jay Okocha's comments about the local league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx8Ae2Oug34
he said nothing but the truth

Pple hv been castigating him though it he said nothing but the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Well I agree to a certain extent but more importantly it is a great conversation to have.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Oga Charles,yes he said the truth but you forgot that Okocha was vice chairman when Pinnick was Delta FA chairman and later succeeded Pinnick as Delta state FA chairman but failed woefully,now the same Okocha is condemning local football.

I think is friend Kanu Nwankwo is now Enyimba boss,hope to see Kanu soon talking down local league after leaving Enyimba.

Ex internationals that loved playing novelty matches for politicians but coming to football administration they are jokers.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
For any who care, I made a video reacting to Jay Jay Okocha's comments about the local league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx8Ae2Oug34
Okocha remain the worst Delta FA chairman so coming out to say the truth according to some that hate anything local,not a surprise but big question what was Austin Okocha contribution to Nigeria football since he left the stage,especially as Delta FA chairman.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kog45:
Okocha remain the worst Delta FA chairman so coming out to say the truth according to some that hate anything local,not a surprise but big question what was Austin Okocha contribution to Nigeria football since he left the stage,especially as Delta FA chairman.
he said he’s truth so deal with it

Fan of npfl how many matches u don leave ur house for weekend go watch if u re in 9ja?

Mk we no Dey deceive ourselves

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:25pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kog45:
Oga Charles,yes he said the truth but you forgot that Okocha was vice chairman when Pinnick was Delta FA chairman and later succeeded Pinnick as Delta state FA chairman but failed woefully,now the same Okocha is condemning local football.

I think is friend Kanu Nwankwo is now Enyimba boss,hope to see Kanu soon talking down local league after leaving Enyimba.

Ex internationals that loved playing novelty matches for thieving politicians but coming to football administration they are jokers.

not disputing whatever you said but how many npfl matches u don watch this season Abi last season since wey u our league loyal fan 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Helgreenluv(m): 4:13am On Sep 06, 2023
Guys take note of this scammer Samueltemi337 he is the same person who pretends to be a lady with the moniker candidlady. May God continue to expose all these criminals on Nairaland
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:24am On Sep 06, 2023
charlesemeka85:
not disputing whatever you said but how many npfl matches u don watch this season Abi last season since wey u our league loyal fan 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oga if I Dey town I watch NPFL cuz it is in me since 80s.It’s fun to be in the stadium live seeing old friends and real football arena where we used to talk football….

Oga am a real local football fan.Infact I woke up every morning to see stadium cuz our house then was directly opposite Ilorin stadium,ask any one where is Sultan road in Ilorin…..mind you Okocha is a buddy to my very close friend known as SAKA in Ilorin so we do host him in Ilorin on visitation so I have that opportunity relating to him directly.

I was among the few people that organized novelty match in Ilorin under Bukola Saraki where we brought ex internationals and not too late Kogi State novelty match….Oga I handled Clemens Westerhoff utilities when he was KFA technical adviser,saying this to let you know that am a confirmed local football fan.

Oga I repeat what was Okocha contribution to the said poor league as Delta FA chairman or what was Dan Amokachie input as SA on sport to former president Buhari.

Oga am very close to some ex internationals and I know how they reasoned when it comes to football administer apart from being ex internationals,they are lacking it when it comes to administration….Pls try and engage them and feed me back.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2023
charlesemeka85:
he said he’s truth so deal with it

Fan of npfl how many matches u don leave ur house for weekend go watch if u re in 9ja?

Mk we no Dey deceive ourselves
Sir if you have the opportunity Okocha had as ex footballer and former FA chairman what would you do to improve the league even state football.

Talk is cheap but we know the real men in action.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:12am On Sep 06, 2023
No camp updates?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Gambit001: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2023
Left message and attacking the messenger. That he was a great player but a poor administrator doesn't take away his legendary status, and doesn't mean what de said was false either.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:46am On Sep 06, 2023
Kog45:

Wow I actually forgot about that one but u never know what his duty was with that federation. It might have been a ceremonial post.

Well next time I will certainly ask u guys first before I go ahead and speak on certain subjects so I can actually cover all sides.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:18am On Sep 06, 2023
Gambit001:
Left message and attacking the messenger. That he was a great player but a poor administrator doesn't take away his legendary status, and doesn't mean what de said was false either.
Sir Gambit,Jay Jay legendary status is not debatable and am not disputing what he said but as ex Delta FA boss what was his contribution to the same league.

Yes the league is bad but how do we change the league,just look at our BascoVanVeli trying to tell the world something is still in the league through his YouTube channel.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:24am On Sep 06, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Wow I actually forgot about that one but u never know what his duty was with that federation. It might have been a ceremonial post.

Well next time I will certainly ask u guys first before I go ahead and speak on certain subjects so I can actually cover all sides.
Sir,not ceremonial but elected with massive votes during state FA election and was the head of NFF technical study group.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:54am On Sep 06, 2023
chrisooblog:
Collins was an already established SE squad member before he got injured last season. Like you I don't fancy him but it's not unheard of for countries to hand call ups to squad players once they start playing club games.

Look at Maguire for instance. He hasn't done anything remarkable in club football but he keeps getting call up ahead of other deserving defenders. Are England and Southgate saying they couldn't find a younger and better defender instead of recycling Maguire?

My answer is very simple, we are not England.

And because Southgate shows emotional preference for a player we should also do the same.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2023
chrisooblog:
Sterling wasn't a 9 at Liverpool especially as the Reds had Suarez and Sturridge running things. It was at City you could try and argue he played in that false 9 role but I think the genius of Pep Guardiola boosted his goal scoring numbers.

Yes Rashford does well on the left. I haven't seen many games in which he has flourished playing as a 9 hence the reason why I say he struggles.

Boniface also operates as a second striker with a bit of a creative spark. You can see he has already dropped two assists in three league. Of our three top forwards he looks most comfortable on the ball. So that's where the versatility could come in but the bottom line is the current SE wingers need to do more.

The reason why England have looked more dynamic in attack lately is down to the quality that players like Raheem, Foden and Saka. England has always had great to good strikers like Shearer, Sherringham, A. Cole, Crouch, Fowler, Rooney to mention a few but the current crop of wide men has given them a serious tactical edge.

Liverpool in that 2013/15/16 did not play a Diamond 💎 formation under Rogers, it was Sturridge & Suarez playing as two man front pair.

Several times in fact quite a lot , Raheem played right up front. I know because I watched him several times live upfront and personal.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
komekn:

And because Southgate shows emotional preference for a player we should also do the same.

That’s not the point my bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2023
How can you prove that Collin's invitation is an emotional preference considering he hasn't played a single minute for Peseiro?

Honestly I don't see the big deal in recalling a national team squad member who has started playing club games to feature in a dead rubber match.

You would have had a stronger argument if you gave examples of decent LBs who are doing well at the moment that Jose didn't invite.

komekn:

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
I don't think people are questioning Okocha's legendary status but his poor choice of words when he was commenting on the state of the NPFL.

Jay-Jay by virtue of being a former state fa chairman is a stakeholder in Nigerian football especially at the local level which bestows on him the extra responsibility to defend its interest.

The way he answered the question gives the impression he had no role to play in the current 'rot' of the NPFL whereas as Delta State football Chairman he failed to revive or improve the fortunes of players and clubs in Delta State.

Anybody can give a woke answer to chase clout but the actual hardwork of solving a problem you pointed out earns my respect.

Gambit001:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
chrisooblog:
I don't think people are questioning Okocha's legendary status but his poor choice of words when he was commenting on the state of the NPFL.

Jay-Jay by virtue of being a former state fa chairman is a stakeholder in Nigerian football especially at the local level which bestows on him the extra responsibility to defend its interest.

The way he answered the question gives the impression he had no role to play in the current 'rot' of the NPFL whereas as Delta State football Chairman he failed to revive or improve the fortunes of players and clubs in Delta State.

Anybody can give a woke answer to chase clout but the actual hardwork of solving a problem you pointed out earns my respect.

at least he needs to practice what he is saying

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2023
chrisooblog:
How can you prove that Collin's invitation is an emotional preference considering he hasn't played a single minute for Peseiro?

Honestly I don't see the big deal in recalling a national team squad member who has started playing club games to feature in a dead rubber match.

You would have had a stronger argument if you gave examples of decent LBs who are doing well at the moment that Jose didn't invite.

Why do you guys keep engaging this kid that can't tell his right from his left as long as football tactics and analysis is concerned?

This is a dead rubber, and from the call ups, you can easily tell that the coach already knows his team.

RB - The chosen one is Osayi hence he was left out in other to try out his possible back ups in Aina and Ebuehi.

LB - Zaidu is preferred, hence the search for who becomes his back up in Jamil and Bruno.

Can this olodo wey dey here dey bleat since yesterday name another LB that should have been tried ahead of Jamil?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2023
Bluelf will osimhen still not win apoty grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
komekn:

That's the point did not play last season and has just played 4 games and had not completed one game of football this season.

He was not outstanding in the Championship since he arrived and now 4 game's and he is in the SE, that doesn't add up for me.

Call up must be on merit not sentiment.

Jamilu started last season very well with his club until he picked up a season ending injury. Now he is back were he left off, there is absolutely nothing wrong with his selection. I watched his match against Leicester and he looked like normal Jamilu. For an ambassador of the championship u should already know all this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2023
How far with your La Masia? Isn't there any Nigerian born youngster in the academy making waves we can snap up?

andrewbaba44:
Bluelf will osimhen still not win apoty grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2023
chrisooblog:
How far with your La Masia? Isn't there any Nigerian born youngster in the academy making waves we can snap up?

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Jamilu started last season very well with his club until he picked up a season ending injury. Now he is back were he left off, there is absolutely nothing wrong with his selection. I watched his match against Leicester and he looked like normal Jamilu. For an ambassador of the championship u should already know all this.
championship ambassador 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2023
ChrisKels:

Why do you guys keep engaging this kid that can't tell his right from his left as long as football tactics and analysis is concerned?

This is a dead rubber, and from the call ups, you can easily tell that the coach already knows his team.

RB - The chosen one is Osayi hence he was left out in other to try out his possible back ups in Aina and Ebuehi.

LB - Zaidu is preferred, hence the search for who becomes his back up in Jamil and Bruno.

Can this olodo wey dey here dey bleat since yesterday name another LB that should have been tried ahead of Jamil?
I don reply am since yesterday mk em recommend one that deserves a chance but em never gree reply 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (14963) (14964) (14965) (14966) (14967) (14968) (14969) ... (16164) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, bennie1980(m), Marjoribanks, charlesemeka85(m), Longneck, zuchyblink(m), Lyster360 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.