Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15012) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11785438 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15009) (15010) (15011) (15012) (15013) (15014) (15015) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:14am On Sep 16, 2023
Una don dey praise Championship Abi.
charlesemeka85:
them don humble

Fiaaam they go dey tell u wan ekuke skill set is what is lacking in super eagles midfield 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Na only them dey see the skill set 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 6:14am On Sep 16, 2023
charlesemeka85:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJh-2mx0ac0?si=UeX7-9ogKzhpHBSJ

From this clip, all that was said about Boniface is false, those chances were not clear cut. He tried his best.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 6:36am On Sep 16, 2023
Get ready for goals galore this season from our players.

After carefully considered player's abilities, team play, league/competition strengths, number of competitions and AFCON.

Here is my prediction of the number of goals some of our forwards can score this season.

T. Awoniyi (Nottingham Forest) 20 Goals
K. Iheanacho (Leicester City) 15 Goals
U. Sadiq (Real Sociedad) 13 Goals
V. Osimhen (Napoli) 40 Goals
S. Chukwueze (Milan) 15 Goals
A. Lokmoon (Atalanta) 15 Goals
V. Boniface (Bayern Leverkusen) 30Goals
T. Moffi (Nice) 18 Goals
A. Adams (Montpellier). 12 Goals
M. Simon (Nantes) 5Goals
G. Orban (Gent). 30 Goals

NOTE: AFCON games and goals will the counted since some of the competitions will be going simultaneously with the AFCON

NOTE 2: If a player miss at least 10 matches through INJURY it make the submission invalid.

Are you ready for the EXTRAORDINAIRE HITMEN?

Let go!!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:49am On Sep 16, 2023
Joebie:
Segunda poor now Championship good…Championship wey dem dey condemn Kokmne but now Ndidi don turned to mercurial in the same championship…Leverkusen na our team but Chavez no be our team..

Well me o I no dey rate division two player sha .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:57am On Sep 16, 2023
dymusty86:

After carefully considered player's abilities, team play, league/competition strengths, number of competitions and AFCON.

Here is my prediction of the number of goals some of our forwards can score this season.

T. Moffi (Nice) 18 Goals
M. Simon (Nantes) 5Goals

NOTE: AFCON games and goals will the counted since some of the competitions will be going simultaneously with the AFCON

NOTE 2: If a player miss at least 10 matches through INJURY it make the submission invalid.

Let go!!!!
I think Moffi,Orban and Akor are likely to achieve your targets,Awoniyi will need to put more efforts to get 20 goals.Iheanacho with games run will easily scores 15 goals.Sadiq and Chuckwueze I doubt but Lookman based on last season performance I would say yes but dicey…..Osimhen and Boniface huge tasks 40 goals and 30 goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:02am On Sep 16, 2023
Marjoribanks:
I am happy that the disrespect to Ndidi on this platform has stopped!
And I think he got what he deserved. And perhaps he follows this thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:06am On Sep 16, 2023
That's just the hypocrisy of it all.

Ndidi wasn't all this in the EPL for 2 seasons in a row and was RIGHTLY analysed as such. Now he's showing "good signs" again albeit at a lower level and we won't hear word.

Ndidi is being used further up the pitch and away from his original CDM role under Enzo Maresca. He is now licensed to navigate upfield and arrive in the box as some sort of offensive weapon when Leicester are in possession.
His BTL runs enables him to do such and I am actually pleased seeing him do well but he is also doing so in the Championship. A lower level than the EPL.

Ndidi is a player I greatly consider a strong key part of the Super Eagles set up and I praised his display vs Sao Tome from a "forward thinking play perspective". But he would also have to show same vs Higher placed opposition because Sao Tome is not the kind of team to rate the Super Eagles by TRULY.

The truth is this. Ndidi remains a key part of the Super Eagles but for the role he performs for us, we still need his upgrade. That is the truth.

But for the Afcon, he is one guy we need in the middle at his best and I even suggested an Onyedika-Ndidi-Iwobi midfield trio could just cut it going forward ahead of the Afcon BASED ON PLAYERS JPES HAS INVITED AND WORKED WITH ONLY TILL NOW.

PS: Jpes likely to go Ndidi-Iwobi in a two man midfield or Ndidi-Aribo-Iwobi in a midfield 3 (this depends on Aribo's form).

Joebie:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2023
Let the season ride on. I would definitely do so with time. Putting everything together in one post.

Meanwhile, for now, as each striker pops up each week and we are in the mood, we could break down the unique quality or qualities of each striker outside the Top 3.

A fine discussion angle, Joebie. Kudos.

Joebie:
Nerdie, I’d like you to double down on this wirh SE in view. What is unique about each player, as well as which are similar? What will the outsiders (besides the top 3) bring to SE, that SE is lacking?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2023
dymusty86:

T. Moffi (Nice) 18 Goals
M. Simon (Nantes) 5Goals

Let go!!!!
I don't see Boniface and Orban scoring 30 each

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:43am On Sep 16, 2023
John Mikel Obi and Mercy Akide are among the 30 panelists for FIFA#The best awards.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:44am On Sep 16, 2023
Happy 49th birthday Sunday Oliseh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:46am On Sep 16, 2023
Lol. It's just funny really Sir Kog.

2nd tier leagues were looked down upon. Segunda labelled lower league.

Now we have lads in another lower league but not being looked down upon ooo. They are being praised. How ironic.

I am all for supporting our lads but talking down on one's brilliant showings in a 2nd tier league and expecting us to acknowledge another in same 2nd tier football screams Hypocrisy.

Next thing you will hear is Championship is better than La Liga Smartbank as if that cancels the fact that both are 2nd tier leagues.

Kog45:
Segunda poor now Championship good…Championship wey dem dey condemn Kokmne but now Ndidi don turned to mercurial in the same championship…Leverkusen na our team but Chavez no be our team..

Well me o I no dey rate division two player sha .

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2023
Joebie:
you can’t compare the championship to laliga 2 or even Chaves as a whole 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I will gladly welcome a player doing very well in championship clubs like Norwich, southampton,Leicester,Ipswich etc than a player from Chaves,Estrella, portimonense 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:01am On Sep 16, 2023
charlesemeka85:

I will gladly welcome a player doing very well in championship clubs like Norwich, southampton,Leicester,Ipswich etc than a player from Chaves,Estrella, portimonense 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

In terms of what can be offered on the pitch championship teams aren’t better than Laliga 2 teams or even seria B teams

Aside Leicester ,I don’t see a championship team who can currently stand espanyol Zaragoza or even Levante

The Bournemouth Fulham who where Stronger are no more there if not I would have mention them being better than Laliga 2 teams

If na money them get am yafun yafun ,nothing more than that ,majority of them will be worst than Luton town without money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:10am On Sep 16, 2023
charlesemeka85:
yea saw the clip on Twitter

But na so him dey celebrate too so mk em go chop shit abeg

Though am a big fan of his

I am in for psg downfall this season despite my man being being their coach grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:11am On Sep 16, 2023
Kog45:
Injury or what

Went out for 9 months or so ,just returned ending of last season

I believe he will get back to the starting 11 soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 11:22am On Sep 16, 2023
dymusty86:

T. Moffi (Nice) 18 Goals
M. Simon (Nantes) 5Goals

Boniface - 20
Orban-22
Lookman-9
Chukwueze - 7
Sadiq- maybe 2
Nacho-10
Awoniyi-14

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 11:43am On Sep 16, 2023
MetalJigsaw:
I don't see Boniface and Orban scoring 30 each
well let see. Boniface and Orban are already on 5 and 6 goals respectively. Remember they have both domestic and Europe cup to play. Bare any injury I think they can achieve it or close.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:50am On Sep 16, 2023
Wow Moffi come knack PSG two akpako grin

God has really blessed Nigeria with strikers now sotey it's looking like favoritism grin

Even though Boni didn't score from the highlights I watched he was a real thorn in the Bayern defense. Loved his close control and chuckled at the way he deleted Upamenco a couple of times. His audacious attempt from the half way line is all I need to confirm he has an extremely sharp football IQ. Overall he should have gotten a goal against Bayern but he will improve. Could he be a potential future AFOTY nominee? Watch this space.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:54am On Sep 16, 2023
SCOOP:

The delay to the kick-off of the 2023/24 NPFL season has been linked to dispute over tv deal.

Supersport & Startimes are reportedly vying for the NPFL tv rights. With startimes offer said to be much greater.

There are reportedly internal debates between club owners on which deal to take, which as led to uncertainty on when the league would kick-off.

Some club owners want the Startimes deal as the offer is much greater than that of supersport, but others believe the superport deal is better due to their broader reach.

As at now, it seems the Propel sports deal is dead.

Cc: NPFLNews
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:57am On Sep 16, 2023
To answer that question @bold.... Yes, he would be. He's clearly the complete package and is madly ambipedal. He will only get better as he evolves into the kind of striker who can soak up Physical contact pressure much more in the way Osimhen does while standing his ground back-to-goal. Boniface is gonna be a common name in APOTY lists in coming future editions.

Meanwhile, Victor Osimhen is gonna usher Nigerian football into an APOTY-laden era for Nigerian players again as we saw in the 90s. It starts with Osimhen taking the 2023 APOTY award.

chrisooblog:

God has really blessed Nigeria with strikers now sotey it's looking like favoritism grin

Even though Boni didn't score from the highlights I watched he was a real thorn in the Bayern defense. Loved his close control and chuckled at the way he deleted Upamenco a couple of times. His audacious attempt from the half way line is all I need to confirm he has an extremely sharp football IQ. Overall he should have gotten a goal against Bayern but he will improve. Could he be a potential future AFOTY nominee? Watch this space.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2023
Starboytwo:
Boniface - 20
Orban-22
Lookman-9
Chukwueze - 7
Sadiq- maybe 2
Nacho-10
Awoniyi-14
Sadiq — 2 ? 😀

Aba na. Respect that name oo

He is just coming back from injury he will surely get his chance most especially when champions league starts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:22pm On Sep 16, 2023
chrisooblog:

him,bony and awo are future AFOTY nominees
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
Moffi would hv been a perfect lukaku replacement at inter milan. Bobo na confirm bully
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2023
I see everything revolves around Nwakali
charlesemeka85:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2023
For sure
TheSuperNerd:
Let the season ride on. I would definitely do so with time. Putting everything together in one post.

Meanwhile, for now, as each striker pops up each week and we are in the mood, we could break down the unique quality or qualities of each striker outside the Top 3.

A fine discussion angle, Joebie. Kudos.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:49pm On Sep 16, 2023
People have talked so much about the shortage of personnels in our midfied, but am I the only one who thinks that with the right combinations, we have more than enough personnels in that midfied to take us to the finals of AFCON and also get us through the world cup qualifications easily barring any bad injuries?

To me, our defense is good enough even though our goalkeeping department isn't the best. The right midfield combinations can easily help our defense shield our goalkeeper while we kill off any opposition with our fire power.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
Joebie:
I see everything revolves around Nwakali
that one concern u

No be because of the same nwakali prompted your post?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kettle calling pot black 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kog45:
Happy 49th birthday Sunday Oliseh.
this ITK man, hbd to him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
ChrisKels:
People have talked so much about the shortage of personnels in our midfied, but am I the only one who thinks that with the right combinations, we have more than enough personnels in that midfied to take us to the finals of AFCON and also get us through the world cup qualifications easily barring any bad injuries?

To me, our defense is good enough even though our goalkeeping department isn't the best. The right midfield combinations can easily help our defense shield our goalkeeper while we kill off any opposition with our fire power.
Exactly my thoughts too.... Lets say Iwobi-Ndidi and Onyeka.. Leaving both Ndidi and Onyeka to roam as free b2b and Dms respectively. Then allow Iwobi do his thing. Then either lukman and nacho play the false 9's. Lukman and Nacho shouldn't play at same time, just to accommodate a true winger. Then our two CF's. Then we are good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2023
Melvinity:

Exactly my thoughts too.... Lets say Iwobi-Ndidi and Onyeka.. Leaving both Ndidi and Onyeka to roam as free b2b and Dms respectively. Then allow Iwobi do his thing. Then either lukman and nacho play the false 9's. Lukman and Nacho shouldn't play at same time, just to accommodate a true winger. Then our two CF's. Then we are good.

The trio are the best we hv at the moment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2023
This is not as simple as you have put it.

And no you are not the only one thinking so. I have literally said Jpes isn't picking the right midfield options even from the available he has invited so far. He can tweak it better without inviting any new MF but time will tell on him.

ChrisKels:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15009) (15010) (15011) (15012) (15013) (15014) (15015) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.