Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688108 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15167) (15168) (15169) (15170) (15171) (15172) (15173) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:44pm On Oct 20, 2023
Just to fuel one baseless agenda that arose from sentiments and other factors I don't want to mention, it is funny how Boniface is now being excessively dissected. Someone that just got recognized back to back?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2023
zoboizee:
Apologies. It's being modified.
Alright Chief..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2023
I am following that goalkeeper issue here. I still discovered despite his weakness, some people still believe he is the best goalkeeper in Nigeria. shocked shocked shocked

Are they wishing us well? angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2023
mostob:
The funny thing is that the source of the argument is always funny. Arguing on little things.
Thank God for the relative anonymity of NL because putting a face to this mudfights enn

POV:
Who just talk this things
*runs to dp and sees middle aged man*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2023
forgiveness:
My point stands. Statically speaking, Taiwo is far above Boniface.

Don't come here and start your propaganda Boniface is better.

If Boniface is better then he's better than Osimhen

Some hypocrites who didn't rate Bundesliga when Awoniyi was shutting down their mouth have suddenly began to rate Bundesliga because of agenda.

The reason the national team has not achieved beyond its potential.
Why are you scared to say Awoniyi is better than Osimhen then? Just say it so we can arrive at your point and move on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2023
mostob:
Why are you scared to say Awoniyi is better than Osimhen then? Just say it so we can arrive at your point and move on.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2023
mostob:
Just to fuel one baseless agenda that arose from sentiments and other factors I don't want to mention, it is funny how Boniface is now being excessively dissected. Someone that just got recognized back to back?
the other factor na tribalism

Mk I mention am 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2023
komekn:

Agreed without question
I would like to read your opinion on Victor Boniface. His strengths and weaknesses,sir, thank you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2023
mostob:

You dey mind am?
Somebody that constantly put the thread on lockdown with agendas of Kayode and Ajagun being better than what we have?

Even Osimhen, we remember how he never rated him back then...

He is just building up unnecessary argument that will make it look like people here dont rate Awo ..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
Odunayaw:
Thank God for the relative anonymity of NL because putting a face to this mudfights enn

POV:
Who just talk this things
*runs to dp and sees middle aged man*
grin grin

And the person wey dey threaten to beat you na one Mummy's boy wey still dey prepare for waec. grin ;
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
komekn:
Talking about goalkeepers.

Since we simply don't have one , could we go wrong with Okonkwo, considerating how poor Uzoho is past and present.

Media talk about Okonkwo says he has something, having been a reserve goal keeper for Arsenal is a lot better than being first choice in the Cypriot league IMO.

What is this

Bench is bench no matter where. If you are not playing consistently, no callup. No double standard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
charlesemeka85:
the other factor na tribalism
Mk I mention am
My hand no dey o grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2023
Danielnino00:

You dey mind am?
Somebody that constantly put the thread on lockdown with agendas of Kayode and Ajagun being better than what we have?

He is just building up unnecessary argument that will make it look like people here dont rate Awo ..
the very day I gave up on him was the day we were arguing here and the next thing he posted was that I thought it’s only players from the south south and south east region of this country are only good enough to make the national team

Since then I see him as one who is worst than the fat headed and pot belled politicians that hv turned this country to shambles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
Danielnino00:

You dey mind am?

I always knew that's where he's going. But he knew deep down it would be so dumb to make such statement.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
mostob:
My hand no dey o grin grin grin grin
make heaven fall I don talk am 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2023
mostob:
I always knew that's where he's going. But he knew deep down it would be so dumb to make such statement.
one day he won’t know when he will post that

Just remain vigilant cus it will surely happen. Na just matter of time 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:02pm On Oct 20, 2023
Odunayaw:
What is this

Bench is bench no matter where. If you are not playing consistently, no callup. No double standard
'All animals are equal but some animals are more equal
than others.'

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2023
charlesemeka85:
one day he won’t know when he will post that

Just remain vigilant cus it will surely happen. Na just matter of time
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
To me this is super eagles best 3 strikers

Osimhen na first
Bony na second
Awoniyi na third

Forgiveness hit head for wall 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2023
I remembered when Awoniyi scored back to back in the Bundesliga then prior to the AFCON, they said he wasn't good enough because Bundesliga is a poor league. grin

Which factor be that? Me no dey forget easily sometimes ooo. grin

Same say Ejuke na the best thing since slice but when I told them what I observed in his style of play, dem say na agenda. Dude! I don't play sentiments here.

98% of players I supported on this thread so far have gone ahead to prove themselves.When I talked about Lookman then, dem laugh me die.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2023
forgiveness:
My point stands. Statically speaking, Taiwo is far above Boniface.

Don't come here and start your propaganda Boniface is better.

If Boniface is better then he's better than Osimhen.

Some hypocrites who didn't rate Bundesliga when Awoniyi was shutting down their mouth have suddenly began to rate Bundesliga because of agenda.

The reason the national team has not achieved beyond its potential.

My guy, this is Boniface first season at the big 4 and he is excelling. Previously, he was at a backwater league and he still excelled. Bro, football isn’t just about statistics you have to watch the entire game and observe a player entire ability rather than view the statistics. For example, frank lampard scored and assisted more goals than Zidane but anyone that watched the two will attest that Zidane was a better footballer. Osimehn is a better Goal scorer than Boniface but Boniface is more Talented IMO

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2023
forgiveness:
I remembered when Awoniyi scored back to back in the Bundesliga then prior to the AFCON, they said he wasn't good enough because Bundesliga is a poor league. grin

Which factor be that? Me no dey forget easily sometimes ooo. grin

Same say Ejuke na the best thing since slice but when I told them what I observed in his style of play, dem say na agenda. Dude! I don't play sentiments here.

98% of players I supported on this thread so far have gone ahead to prove themselves.When I talked about Lookman then, dem laugh me die.
oga hide your face in shame and rest. ajagun nko? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
Bannedlargedx2:

My guy, this is Boniface first season at the big 4 and he is excelling. Previously, he was at a backwater league and he still excelled. Bro, football isn’t just about statistics you have to watch the entire game and observe a player entire ability rather than view the statistics. For example, frank lampard scored and assisted more goals than Zidane but anyone that watched the two will attest that Zidane was a better footballer. Osimehn is a better Goal scorer than Boniface but Boniface is more Talented IMO
Bony is the most complete/modern era number 9 that we can boast of
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2023
All I know is Victor Boniface is the new Face...

Im not even scared if osimhen is not playing...

That guy is a different breed, can't wait to see what he will become in 2-3 years.

Osimhen number 1
Boniface number 2(and he will start)
Awoniyi number 3

I feel for Moffi, he scored, but I didn't really feel his presence like I'd feel if it was an osimhen or Awo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2023
Guess who the player is?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Guess who the player is?
Bonyface Dad

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2023
[quote author=villagereporter post=126519856][/quote]

There’s always a level you don’t tolerate and that was it for me
Trying to prove a point to him would have been a waste of my energy, he thought Morocco did nothing special I’d rather leave him be than argue further,

Strength to even read long sentences here no they again i just they skip and pass 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Okay, Forgiveness and the rest of the house... kindly answer this honestly and to the best of y'all ball knowledge.

Based on player profiles and personnel synergy, who among these CF options look the best to pair Osimhen up top? Take into account the various tactical variations and their contributions to the 2nd phase plays.

- Kelechi Iheanacho
- Taiwo Awoniyi
- Victor Boniface
- Sadiq Umar
- Terem Moffi

Note: I don't even expect the same answers coz ball knowledge levels differ and perspectives on why some pick A or B would sound legit.

Kelechi or Boniface for me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2023
Karibe. Oruma's teammate at Japan 93.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2023
mostob:
Oga Mostob I think sometimes we need to go to the beginning of a discourse to know why all these comments.

TheSuperNerd came up with a list and expectedly there would be reactions in a football house…Initially I wanted to ask why not Awo! oh yes Awo is out injured but big question why is Osimhen who is out too but TheSuperNerd had a point cuz he based his list on the last two friendlies,so no way for Awo on the list.

Forgiveness engage TheSuperNerd in a very easy discussion,which I see as opinions but Humility gave a jibe which was going toward tribalism and i said I thought we have outlived this tribalism cancerous.

At the end the jibe became reality.

Now to issue of Boniface,do you agree that Boniface is miles ahead of Awo?and I asked Chris,if Boniface is miles ahead then are you saying he is better than Osimhen?

Miles ahead I will never agree but if one say Boniface is better,cool but all these are what?football talks that must be respected.

Honestly good to have these guys cuz some years ago we only counted on Ighalo and Iheanacho

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 6:50pm On Oct 20, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Okay, Forgiveness and the rest of the house... kindly answer this honestly and to the best of y'all ball knowledge.

Based on player profiles and personnel synergy, who among these CF options look the best to pair Osimhen up top? Take into account the various tactical variations and their contributions to the 2nd phase plays.

- Kelechi Iheanacho
- Taiwo Awoniyi
- Victor Boniface
- Sadiq Umar
- Terem Moffi

Note: I don't even expect the same answers coz ball knowledge levels differ and perspectives on why some pick A or B would sound legit.
Qualities highlighted previously of Terem Moffi still remains the best to pair Osimhen. To me, Terem Moffi. He his Strong, Quick, technical, SKillful and left footed. He can operate on both wings and from behind the main striker. Osimhen plays better when he his attacking from the right. He his right footed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2023
Starboytwo:
All I know is Victor Boniface is the new Face...

Im not even scared if osimhen is not playing...

That guy is a different breed, can't wait to see what he will become in 2-3 years.

Osimhen number 1
Boniface number 2(and he will start)
Awoniyi number 3

I feel for Moffi, he scored, but I didn't really feel his presence like I'd feel if it was an osimhen or Awo.

Oga Victor Osimhen must play o…Na he be assurance

(1) (2) (3) ... (15167) (15168) (15169) (15170) (15171) (15172) (15173) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.