Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752579 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15208) (15209) (15210) (15211) (15212) (15213) (15214) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2023
Kog45:
Taiwo Awoniyi with his friends in Ilorin after representing Nigeria U15 COPA Coca Cola team in summer camp in United Kingdom 2011.
And some will be shouting age cheat

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2023
maidaboi:
And some will be shouting age cheat
We too Dey exaggerate ni baba…this is Awo as U13 kid and the youngest but check the other boy on the left,taller than Awoniyi but in their U15 team going to eaglet camp Awoniyi already taller than the same boy in the middle.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2023
Kog45:
We too Dey exaggerate ni baba…this is Awo as U13 kid and the youngest but check the other boy on the left,taller than Awoniyi but in their U15 team going to eaglet camp Awoniyi already taller than the same boy in the middle.

I believe virtually all d players age dt went thru d mri test most especially from nacho set upward but nothing wey anybody fit tell me about uzoho age,I no go ever believe 😀😀😀

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:34pm On Nov 02, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I am not saying it because of the saves against Cagliari. I have seen both play for the national team and their clubs before coming to conclusion that Okoye is better than Uzoho.

Uzoho is not it at all while Okoye’s promblem from my observation is lack of confidence. I am not trying to say that Okoye is too good but IMHO he is better than Uzoho

Even in the national team colors Uzoho’s blunder is worst than that of Okoye. It’s had to see a professional goalkeeper make the type of error like Uzoho’s against the first goal conceded against the Saudi’s. His reaction and recovery when in danger is very poor

The stare Ndidi gave him after that goal says it all 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

E remain small mk baba rush am blow
you seem to forget okoye was not invited to the national team for a whole year and it was not because of injury. If it's by performance, mention one match okoye posted a better performance better than uzoho's performance against man u. The two are hideous twins. No need elevating one over another.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2023
Kog45:

Looking at both pictures, it was a massive transformation for TA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2023
do4luv14:

No mind dem, the guy is good, na that fine, wey em fine, and ladies gushing over am, make many no like am
Na wa for you o. Which Kain excuse be this na? :O
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2023
elyte89:

I believe virtually all d players age dt went thru d mri test most especially from nacho set upward but nothing wey anybody fit tell me about uzoho age,I no go ever believe 😀😀😀
…..that him face abi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2023
As long as oyibo believe in Uzoho voice
elyte89:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2023
ChrisKels:

At this stage it is no longer about who is better or who is not. We just want them to perform. That said, if you are saying this because of these saves against the world class strikers of Cagliari, what then would you say about what Uzoho faced against Manchester United?

I just hope Udinese gives Okoye a chance in the league proper and that he seizes the opportunity. It will be a big plus to have our goalkeeper starting in the serie A.

Mind you, if you are going by that narrative, Okoye had faced more than that,

we need a sound GK trainer in the NT to work with what we have

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2023
do4luv14:

Mind you, if you are going by that narrative, Okoye had faced more than that,

we need a sound GK trainer in the NT to work with what we have
they forgot so soon that when Okoye was playing in Holland he was rated as one of the top goal keepers in the league

I believe his problem in the national team is lost of confidence and the move to watford happened within the same time frame which also affected him in the English club

he needs a good goal keeper coach and psychologist to help him build that aspect of his game

Uzoho for once have never impressed me. Even against man united most of the saves he made were straight shots though he made couple of spectacular saves too

After the united game he was awful in their next league game 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2023
Philosopher1979:

Uzoho is inconsistent and right now he is out of form.
He should be left put till he regains his form.
The thing with Uzoho is that at his best he is superb and makes save after save.
Also watch nigeria vs argentina 2018 world cup.
He will bounce back later but now he should be left out.
Uzoho hv never been in form. Let’s just call a spade a spade

His reflexes are very poor and as a keeper he isn’t sharp enough to me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2023
charlesemeka85:
they forgot so soon that when Okoye was playing in Holland he was rated as one of the top goal keepers in the league

I believe his problem in the national team is lost of confidence and the move to watford happened within the same time frame which also affected him in the English club

he needs a good goal keeper coach and psychiatrist to help him build that aspect of his game

Uzoho for once have never impressed me. Even against man united most of the saves he made were straight shots though he made couple of spectacular saves too

After the united game he was awful in their next league game 🤣🤣🤣🤣

A good psychologist you meant? Well I just hope the boy comes good to help the team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2023
ChrisKels:

A good psychologist you meant? Well I just hope the boy comes good to help the team.
psychologist I mean bro. Thanks for the correction

Mk I run go edit am 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2023
charlesemeka85:
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2023/11/02/revealed-how-ex-super-eagles-coach-rohr-discouraged-chelsea-midfield-gem-from-playing-for-nigeria/

That werey called Rohr remains the worst coach the eagles ever had. Dude is the reason we missed out on Eze. We also nearly threw away a World Cup qualification when he refused to play Ebuehi in an inconsequential match instead he stock with an ineligible Shehu.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2023
ChrisKels:

That werey called Rohr remains the worst coach the eagles ever had. Dude is the reason we missed out on Eze. We also nearly threw away a World Cup qualification when he refused to play Ebuehi in an inconsequential match instead he stock with an ineligible Shehu.
bro some of this owngoal news na fake

Person just Dey try post am here to mk here busy and to hv something to discuss about

Rohr was hell bent on getting euro born players to switch to us so I see no reason he will miss such meeting that would hv given him the edge to snatch such young talent from the French

The only one I know he goofed big time was Eze. He had all the opportunity and advantage to cap the lad before eze rose to prominence but I believe what prompted the delay from the German is that the player was playing league 1 football then

This is the very reason why I advise that our national team handlers shouldn’t wait for this kids to play and perform in bigger leagues/clubs before been capped. Few minutes to any of the end world/afcon qualifiers would hv gotten us Eze

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2023
charlesemeka85:
bro some of this owngoal news na fake

Person just Dey try post am here to mk here busy and to hv something to discuss about

Rohr was hell bent on getting euro born players to switch to us so I see no reason he will miss such meeting that would hv given him the edge to snatch such young talent from the French

The only one I know he goofed big time was Eze. He had all the opportunity and advantage to cap the lad before eze rose to prominence but I believe what prompted the delay from the German is that the player was playing league 1 football then

This is the very reason why I advise that our national team handlers shouldn’t wait for this kids to play and perform in bigger leagues/clubs before been capped. Few minutes to any of the end world/afcon qualifiers would hv gotten us Eze

Eze was outperforming Etebo in the championship yet the Tinubu of a coach kept on inviting Etebo feigning ignorance of Eze, yet Eze was the only player the team’s midfield needed to be complete. Werey was inviting Ogu, Agu, Etebo, Ndidi and Agbo all DMs, then Iwobi as a winger. That man is so clueless abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:16pm On Nov 02, 2023
Heard Startimes have acquired the broadcast rights for the NPFL. Step in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
Puma launches fan wear for Senegal,Egypt,Ivory Coast,Morocco and Ghana for Afcon

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2023
Puma fan wear for Afcon

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2023
chrisooblog:
Heard Startimes have acquired the broadcast rights for the NPFL. Step in the right direction.
NPFL has signed a 5-year deal worth N1.60bn with Startimes .

◉ From November 18th 2023, 2 games will be televised.

◉ From February 18, 2024, 4 games will be televised.

Then, 8 matches for the next 3 years of the deal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:51pm On Nov 02, 2023
Kog45:
Puma fan wear for Afcon
The design in the first frame is hideous
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2023
Odunayaw:
The design in the first frame is hideous
But from my own view is cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2023
Odunayaw:
NPFL has signed a 5-year deal worth N1.60bn with Startimes .

◉ From November 18th 2023, 2 games will be televised.

◉ From February 18, 2024, 4 games will be televised.

Then, 8 matches for the next 3 years of the deal.
Meagre in the dollar scheme of things but investment follows eyeballs i.e who commands and holds attention.

Onus is on the clubs to aggressively make their brands attractive. I can't see why clubs have not invested in pitchside advertising boards. Ads revenue and stuff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2023
Kog45:
But from my own view is cool
grin As elder na

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2023
Odunayaw:
grin As elder na
Well Odun baba if you say so but am a real fashionista with different collections of designers ranging from Gucci,Louis Vuitton,Balenciaga,Calvin Klein,Yves Saint Laurel,Ralph Laurel,Dior,Tommy Hilfiger and love Nike and Puma wears….Oga I sabi o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
Kog45:
Well Odun baba if you say so but am a real fashionista with different collections of designers ranging from Gucci,Louis Vuitton,Balenciaga,Calvin Klein,Yves Saint Laurel,Ralph Laurel,Dior,Tommy Hilfiger and love Nike and Puma wears….Oga I sabi o.

Sir what about Yomi casuals, And senator 😁😁😁
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2023
ChrisKels:

Eze was outperforming Etebo in the championship yet the Tinubu of a coach kept on inviting Etebo feigning ignorance of Eze, yet Eze was the only player the team’s midfield needed to be complete. Werey was inviting Ogu, Agu, Etebo, Ndidi and Agbo all DMs, then Iwobi as a winger. That man is so clueless abeg

Ogami, chriskels ahh you want make your juniho younger broda vex at d mention of dat name. You know say im b my guinea- pig student in GSS 1970 b4 I later saw him in 1974 when I do renaming. Ogami leave mata make we face balloooooo😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2023
do4luv14:

Sir what about Yomi casuals, And senator 😁😁😁
Those ones are for thieving politicians 😃Odun don Dey call me old man 👴 so make i kuku tell am say I Dey street abi no be so

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2023
Amedino99:
you seem to forget okoye was not invited to the national team for a whole year and it was not because of injury. If it's by performance, mention one match okoye posted a better performance better than uzoho's performance against man u. The two are hideous twins. No need elevating one over another.

Exactly. It is such a shame that for a country like Nigeria , our goalkeeping situation is piss poor.

I am a strong advocate of our scouts looking inwards for a keeper that's playing regularly, there’s Bankole Kayode of Remo stars and Adeleye of hapoel Jerusalem.

A lot of us laughed at Ezenwa when he was in the team but he never made any of the mistakes that the hideous twins have made that either led to our ouster at the cup of nations or couldn’t qualify for the WC.

I bet if Ezenwa was in goal, we would not have conceded those cheap goals.

Casillas and van der Saar will not magically fall from heaven with black skin and a green passport.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2023
Joezinho:

Exactly. It is such a shame that for a country like Nigeria , our goalkeeping situation is piss poor.

I am a strong advocate of our scouts looking inwards for a keeper that's playing regularly, there’s Bankole Kayode of Remo stars and Adeleye of hapoel Jerusalem.

A lot of us laughed at Ezenwa when he was in the team but he never made any of the mistakes that the hideous twins have made that either led to our ouster at the cup of nations or couldn’t qualify for the WC.

I bet if Ezenwa was in goal, we would not have conceded those cheap goals.

Casillas and van der Saar will not magically fall from heaven with black skin and a green passport.
Honestly our goalkeeper trainers failed us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:10pm On Nov 02, 2023
Kog45:
Honestly our goalkeeper trainers failed us.
Yes they have, Egbon. Especially that criminal Salisu. He should be sent to gaza.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15208) (15209) (15210) (15211) (15212) (15213) (15214) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: quickberry(m), dymusty86, zuchyblink(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.