Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752785 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15209) (15210) (15211) (15212) (15213) (15214) (15215) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:18pm On Nov 02, 2023
Former Flamingo Comfort Folorunsho made her debut vs Ethiopia. Replaced Tosin Demehin and didn't skip a beat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCNKkULnHg4

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2023
Kog45:
Well Odun baba if you say so but am a real fashionista with different collections of designers ranging from Gucci,Louis Vuitton,Balenciaga,Calvin Klein,Yves Saint Laurel,Ralph Laurel,Dior,Tommy Hilfiger and love Nike and Puma wears….Oga I sabi o.
I actually agree. My dad too like fashion like kilode. Sometimes I go dress the baba go shake him head like "na from my loins this one commot too" grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I am not saying it because of the saves against Cagliari. I have seen both play for the national team and their clubs before coming to conclusion that Okoye is better than Uzoho.

Uzoho is not it at all while Okoye’s promblem from my observation is lack of confidence. I am not trying to say that Okoye is too good but IMHO he is better than Uzoho

Even in the national team colors Uzoho’s blunder is worst than that of Okoye. It’s had to see a professional goalkeeper make the type of error like Uzoho’s against the first goal conceded against the Saudi’s. His reaction and recovery when in danger is very poor

The stare Ndidi gave him after that goal says it all 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

E remain small mk baba rush am blow

#ThrowbackThursday

The Stare:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2023
Chuba Akpom scores for Ajax in the Dutch Eredivisie. His first league goal for Ajax.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Chuba Akpom scores for Ajax in the Dutch Eredivisie. His first league goal for Ajax.
Nice

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:23pm On Nov 02, 2023
Kog45:
Well Odun baba if you say so but am a real fashionista with different collections of designers ranging from Gucci,Louis Vuitton,Balenciaga,Calvin Klein,Yves Saint Laurel,Ralph Laurel,Dior,Tommy Hilfiger and love Nike and Puma wears….Oga I sabi o.
I no see Vivid Imaginations o cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2023
Who would win? CIV 2015 Afcon Champs vs Nigeria 1994 Afcon Champs.

For me, this is a mismatch!!! Highly disrespectful comparison 😂😂 Nigeria 94 would absolutely cook that Ivorian team. Turn them into ashes in 45mins.

The Ivorian team of 2015 aren't even as strong as the Ivorian Champion team of 1992-1994.

Modern football of 2015 CIV won't do sh*t against the proper old time football of 1994 Super Eagles. They would be mega schooled. I ain't capping.

Conclusively, Nigeria 94 Eagles is the greatest African side ever to lift the Afcon. That era saw the best assemblage of talents in one team in Africa rule football on the continent (1994) and globally (Atlanta 96 which had several of the 94 Eagles). Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DABIGATRAN(m): 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2023
I'm not surprised about this revelation to be honest. When some guys were all over the place the last time blaming Finidi for the jersey scandal, I asserted that Finidi was not culpable for that shambolic arrangement.

Guys this is not Europe or America. This is naija!! A lot of ugly deals transpire behind the scenes and nobody is bold enough to reveal them.

I was an ardent follower of the Nigerian league between 2003 and 2015. I knew most of the players and coaches and I always hoped things would improve but the whole lawlessness from the top is corrupting everything down below.

I respect Finidi and Siasia a lot for summoning the courage to venture into the murky waters of the Nigerian league.

Hopefully when this sleazy affair between the NFF and their Portuguese collaborator is over, Finidi and Amunike will be given the opportunity take the Super Eagles back to footballing ways.
Cecco90:
🚨BOMBSHELL!!!! 🤯🤯🤯

Enyimba’s head coach, Finidi George Fires At Management For AFL Exit

“Out of 19 new players that were brought in, I had knowledge of only 4 of them. When I saw the quality of the players that were brought, I called Ekwueme the Sporting Director and asked what the target for the season is, he said it is just to stabilize in the league as the focus is to settle down first”

“Ideally, before registering players for any competition, the coaches must be consulted to submit the list. But that wasn’t the case here. For whatever flimsy reason, we were not consulted and they did the registration themselves. As a result, some of the players we would have needed were not registered. It was much later that the sporting director just sent us the list of players that they had already registered.

“After the first leg, they dropped some players from travelling for the second leg in Casablanca, claiming that they couldn’t get them visas. We had to protest it strongly before it was rectified. We later found out that there was more to it.

“Can you imagine that we went for such a game without the goalkeeping and fitness coaches? Myself and Yema were the only coaches that travelled for that game. That is very strange to me.

“Everyone has to put the interest of the club first because until this is done, we would only be joking.”

“We arrived Uyo on October 17 with the idea to have as many training sessions as possible on the grass pitch in Uyo since we are more used to our synthetic pitch. But we couldn’t really achieve that because the management failed to make the right arrangements with the stadium authorities. As a result, we improvised and had one of our training sessions at a primary school, while another training session was cut short because of the same poor arrangements.

“In fact, we played a team that was more used to the playing surface than us, the home team. It was obvious that we were at a disadvantage as a team used to artificial pitches and this really affected us.

“Also, we had only three trainings with the AFL match ball, meanwhile, our opponents had enough time to get used to it. That was why you could see my players struggling with their control, passing and shooting.”

“It is sad to see such statements being released when all hands should be on deck and things should be more organized to enable a positive environment for all. Yes, there have been issues, but I remained patient because I believed that we could harmonise efforts and work things out; but here we are.

“The issue with the team is obvious, and it has nothing to do with the coaches. The same coaches won the league with less goals conceded and highest goal scored. We won the best Super 6 ever organized, scored the highest and conceded the least number of goals,”

Finidi George told selected journalists in an exclusive interview.

Copied
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DABIGATRAN(m): 10:40pm On Nov 02, 2023
Glad to see Onyenezide shine in her Super Falcons cameo. I'm a big fan of Esther and I really want to see her become one of the superstars in female football globally.

About Maduka Okoye, please let's talk about something more important. I think Nigerians really have incurable amnesia. One average performance and we'll forget all the heartaches these blokes have caused us.

Uzoho and Okoye are different symptoms of same disease and should not be seen within 100 miles of the Eagles' camp. Both of them are giving me Buhari and Tinubu nauseous vibes.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2023
do4luv14:

Sir what about Yomi casuals, And senator 😁😁😁
Yomi casual na packaging. I get boys for Aba wey better pass am

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Who would win? CIV 2015 Afcon Champs vs Nigeria 1994 Afcon Champs.

For me, this is a mismatch!!! Highly disrespectful comparison 😂😂 Nigeria 94 would absolutely cook that Ivorian team. Turn them into ashes in 45mins.

The Ivorian team of 2015 aren't even as strong as the Ivorian Champion team of 1992-1994.

Modern football of 2015 CIV won't do sh*t against the proper old time football of 1994 Super Eagles. They would be mega schooled. I ain't capping.

Conclusively, Nigeria 94 Eagles is the greatest African side ever to lift the Afcon. That era saw the best assemblage of talents in one team in Africa rule football on the continent (1994) and globally (Atlanta 96 which had several of the 94 Eagles). Case closed.

This is an insult from CAF, a very big insult, They should instead compare our 2013 champs to the CIV 2015, that's just 2 years gape

nonsense and CAF 😖😖😖

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2023
Philosopher1979:

Uzoho is inconsistent and right now he is out of form.
He should be left put till he regains his form.
The thing with Uzoho is that at his best he is superb and makes save after save.
Also watch nigeria vs argentina 2018 world cup.
He will bounce back later but now he should be left out.
This same Uzoho?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:40am On Nov 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Loooll.... this bolded shaa. I see wetin u dey talk sometimes because even me sef I catch myself saying, "Gavi coolu down naa... no be your last match be dis. No break your leg, break person own"

His aggressive approach is scary but it is also as fierce as his overall combined technical and athletic qualities.

Gavi is a duels beast when defending who also offers you progressive play options at RCM and LCM.

In all, I like the lad but I get your angle. It is legit and funny.

@Emboldened (colored).... Literally part of what I said about Gavi.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:03am On Nov 03, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

I no see Vivid Imaginations o cheesy grin
AndSun,you too Dey listen to K1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:05am On Nov 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Happy for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:48am On Nov 03, 2023
Kog45:
AndSun,you too Dey listen to K1
E mi o kin se ere kere. Mon je aye ori mi ni.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:08am On Nov 03, 2023
A member of 1985 Nigeria U17 World Cup winning team Chuckwuma Nwoha is dead..RIP

Good that he had a road named Chuckwuma Nwoha road in Owerri leading to IMSU junction.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:21am On Nov 03, 2023
The most complete number 9 ever #R9 🔥🔥🔥

🗣️ Marcel Desailly: “In the history of football, there are a small number of people who were the best of their generation. There is of course Pelé, then there is Maradona, but then there was Ronaldo.

I played for Milan when he played for Inter. The only time I saw Paolo Maldini worried was when we played against Ronaldo. He told me all the time: "Marcel stay next to me, I need your help.

There have to be two of us on him. If he takes the bullet he will escape and we won't see him again." Ronaldo was fantastic, a magician. We were all speechless when he touched the ball. The entire stadium held its breath. It was the first time I saw that.

He really didn't have a chance with his repeated injuries. Probably, they took away 70% of his abilities. Without injuries, he would have done what he wanted.” ( Football TalkHQ)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:12am On Nov 03, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Correct guy…just get good tailor for area and gives him details and you are free to go….try any tailor trained in the northern part of the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:18am On Nov 03, 2023
charlesemeka85:

😁😁😁😁

Make I send my measurements make you buy for me, make I see nau2
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:40am On Nov 03, 2023
do4luv14:

😁😁😁😁

Make I send my measurements make you buy for me, make I see nau2
if u want my tailot contact I go give u
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:47am On Nov 03, 2023
Kog45:
Correct guy…just get good tailor for area and gives him details and you are free to go….try any tailor trained in the northern part of the country
ok senior, I never try any tailor from the north before

Another thing is material expensive die now. Called my tailor about a week ago mk em make like 3 natives for me with cashmire and filament material baba say mk I bring 80k for the filament own then 100k 2 cashmires

I tell am say I no do mk I manage the ones I hv🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This na something wey em dey run for me 60k each before. This country is becoming something else and na only God go help us. I no blame pple wey dey flood UK like say Nigeria Dey for civil war 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2023
charlesemeka85:
ok senior, I never try any tailor from the north before

Another thing is material expensive die now. Called my tailor about a week ago mk em make like 3 natives for me with cashmire and filament material baba say mk I bring 80k for the filament own then 100k 2 cashmires

I tell am say I no do mk I manage the ones I hv🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This na something wey em dey run for me 60k each before. This country is becoming something else and na only God go help us. I no blame pple wey dey flood UK like say Nigeria Dey for civil war 🤣🤣
Oga baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2023
charlesemeka85:

🗣️ Marcel Desailly: “In the history of football, there are a small number of people who were the best of their generation. There is of course Pelé, then there is Maradona, but then there was Ronaldo.

I played for Milan when he played for Inter. The only time I saw Paolo Maldini worried was when we played against Ronaldo. He told me all the time: "Marcel stay next to me, I need your help.

There have to be two of us on him. If he takes the bullet he will escape and we won't see him again." Ronaldo was fantastic, a magician. We were all speechless when he touched the ball. The entire stadium held its breath. It was the first time I saw that.

He really didn't have a chance with his repeated injuries. Probably, they took away 70% of his abilities. Without injuries, he would have done what he wanted.” ( Football TalkHQ)
The greatest...

El phenomeno.

There's a goal he scored against Atletico Madrid. It was like magic.

The keeper stood with both hands on his hip, staring at his whole back line, they didn't understand what just happened.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2023
Danielnino00:

Gentlemen,ladies, good evening.
Given that there is still one more international window left before the end of the year, it's only right to begin the process of voting after it. However, other activities have to commence before the real voting.
I believe that many of us here have one or two things we are doing that keeps us busy at times, so there will be no hurry. We will take our time to do it well..
The calendar of events are as follow:

November 3- November 8 : Voting of members od the nomination committee
November 8- November 11: Validation of election into the nomination committee
November 12- November 16: Selection of award categories by nomination committee
November 20- November 25: Selection of players for each award category by nomination committee
November 27 - December 4: Voting of winners by all Nairlanders
December 8: official announcement of winners

CC: icon4s semid4lyfe

Here we go!
Voting of Members of the Nomination Committee
Gentlemen and ladies of the thread, it is time for us to vote for those who will stand as representatives of this thread and partake in the selection of award categories and award nominees.
This year, the nomination committee will be made up of at least 7 members: myself, icon4s who pioneered the award will continue as an honorary member of the committee and at least 5 monikers from this thread.
Every member of this thread is eligible to vote and be voted for. But let's keep in mind that this isn't a popularity contest. Vote for those you believe have the knowledge and passion for Nigerian football.
Here's the rule for voting:
1) You're to vote for 5 monikers from this thread to join the committee;
2) Vote the monikers in order of preference, from top to bottom;
3) Points will be awarded to each moniker you vote for. Your first nominee gets 5 point, the second gets 4 points, the third gets 3 points, fourth gets 2 points and fifth gets 1 point.
4) At the end of the voting process, the five monikers with the most points will join the committee;
5) In the event that two or more monikers are tied on points, they will all be added to the committee, as the goal is to have as many monikers to contribute to the process.
6) You're allowed to nominate yourself 😉

Voting closes on Wednesday, November 8th 2023, 10pm Nigerian time.

Thank you.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2023
mostob:
Weldone bro.... We dey follow gidigba

Thank you bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
Maduka has always been a good goalkeeper.
Like I said in this post below, being the number one for a club in the dutch league is nothing to be played with.
No human is perfect. Even the best of keepers over the course of history do have their bad times/games.
Marjoribanks:
Maduka might not have been outstanding but the disrespect he is getting on here is nauseating. I believe we need to do better as a people.
Maduka was one of the best goal keeper in the dutch league before moving to Watford. That's not to be joke with!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Prof. Blue font feels "modern football" will have contained him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
In a civilized society? Dey play!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
Why is Ajakaye of U20 falconet not invited to the SF, that babe is good

BascoVanVeli:
Former Flamingo Comfort Folorunsho made her debut vs Ethiopia. Replaced Tosin Demehin and didn't skip a beat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCNKkULnHg4
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2023
Make we discuss this NPFL mata sef.

What can be done?
What can we say about their current practice?
What should they do to plug all these backstage rubbish that everyone overlooks?
When will this agent kwarapshun be buried for a new system? That system is older than many of us. They should wrap it up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2023
oloriooko:
Why is Ajakaye of U20 falconet not invited to the SF, that babe is good

Chief, she was invited for the last games against Ethiopia and made her debut in the 1st leg against Ethiopia. She wasn't just featured in the 2nd leg, rather Comfor and Onyeni-zidane made substitute appearance. I think Comfor had to come in because Demehin got injured.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15209) (15210) (15211) (15212) (15213) (15214) (15215) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Shegzdave and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.