Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11669019 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15230) (15231) (15232) (15233) (15234) (15235) (15236) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2023
charlesemeka85:
imbe**cile
Obviously your brain is malfunctioning
A 38 year old coming to tell me what not to type like you own the forum or like I was talking to you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2023
kendrick9:

And how were they doing with Osimhen before his injury?
This is their first loss in the league since his absence..
You guys can talk now after waiting for weeks grin grin
So Na osimhen nor dey make them do well Abi wetin?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2023
hatakekakashi:

Yeah, I admit yesterday's game was a bit better. The team played well but still struggled to put away chances, major culprits being Garnacho and Hojlund.
even against Copenhagen in the first half before Rashford got sent off the team played very well

The biggest mistake the board will make is sacking 10 Hag. United need a good sporting director and few footballing heads to manage the club

Our scouting department is very bad and needs reshuffling. Heard many will be sacked and new faces brought in soon so I pray that happens

Casimero,varane, tominnay, maguire, erikson,Antony, martial,sancho etc needs to leave to make space for young,hungry and better talented players to come in. Left for me I will even advise that rashford should be sold

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2023
kendrick9:

How were they doing last season with static Osimhen compared to this season without him?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:08am On Nov 13, 2023
kendrick9:

Napoli doing well or not,Osimhen is the talisman.I will not compare when Osimhen was in and not in the team cuz it’s baseless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 12:54am On Nov 13, 2023
I’m rooting for tella in our next 2 games and if he plays well, chukwueze would now have a great competitor

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tobichimezie: 1:00am On Nov 13, 2023
Tella is exactly the competition and perhaps
threat that Chukwueze needs to get his sh*t together FAST or get displaced, cause he was getting too comfortable for his own good...the one position you don't want to get too complacent as a Super eagles player is in the attacking position, cause that's one department we are most loaded.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 5:22am On Nov 13, 2023
Tobichimezie:
Tella is exactly the competition and perhaps
threat that Chukwueze needs to get his sh*t together FAST or get displaced, cause he was getting too comfortable for his own good...the one position you don't want to get too complacent as a Super eagles player is in the attacking position, cause that's one department we are most loaded.

I wish tella perform chai tella perform for me and don’t be an Otu

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:35am On Nov 13, 2023
charlesemeka85:
the biggest problem we hv is our flanks and the central Midfield position

Hojlund is a typical number 9 that’s feeds on crosses but the duo of Antony and rashford don’t do that. If the young Dane happen to be in a team like arsenal or even this chelsea team he will score loads of goals

His runs, hold up play and physicality is top notch just that our useless flank players are yet to figure out how to function with him. I believe the return of Shaw will help in providing crosses for him to finish up

To me 10 hag is the right coach for united. The only area I fault him is the signing of mount and Antony

Mount is a good player but not what United needs at the moment. The team yawns for a good CM so I see no reason he will spend 60m on getting mount who is not of much importance when that amount would hv gotten him a good young CM

Also Antony is waste of money though I don’t blame him for the amount our useless board spent in getting him because during the first and second week of that transfer window ajax were ready to accept around 40m for Antony but the board delayed the process even when 10 Hag hv informed them that he desperately wants the Brazilian. Ajax took advantage of the board’s delay and at the end they got 100m for a waste pipe
how come the same limitations does not affect him in the UCL? He already has 8 missed big chances in the league so far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2023
Kog45:
Oya old boys in the house…

CC:Icon4s,AndSunGorilla,thegoodjoe and Mujtahida.
Me no too know these guys oo. I started ardently following SE in 94 as a boy. Before then I was scarcely interested in football. But I remember Saudi 89, especially the Daman Miracle. And I remember watching the match that Okwaraji slumped and later died.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2023
Nah the coach
Samueltemi337:
So Na osimhen nor dey make them do well Abi wetin?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:35am On Nov 13, 2023
Kog45:
Oya old boys in the house…

CC:Icon4s,AndSunGorilla,thegoodjoe and Mujtahida.
Dimeji Lawal? Na name I sabi o, face I no dey remember because na small binatone/president black and white TV I dey take watch 9ja match grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2023
Kog45:
Yes not part of the screening but under 15 MVP during 2011 COPA Coca Cola tournaments in UK deserved invitation without screening.

He took Manu Garba to watch a clip based on recommendation but a team doctor who knows nothing about football said NO,he was too slow and imagined the same doctor was part of under 15 team to UK but tried to deny the MVP of the summer camp the opportunity,meaning many players have lost out due to external influences of back room staffs whose primary functions does not relate to coaching….Manu Garba should not have mentioned the doctor in his narration

Taiwo Awoniyi a slow player?NO but it looked like one,checking his sprinted goal runs against Arsenal and Man utd proved he is not a slow one.

The saving grace of Taiwo Awoniyi till dates is hardworking,commitment and discipline cuz he knew he was not rated .

Respect to Stephen Keshi who gave Awoniyi his first super eagles call up in December 2013 alongside Iheanacho and Alampasu.He said young man you are going places cuz you are strong but only harwork does it.

Players who get rated before they have achieved anything often don't make it. A good dose of FAILURE is a great thing , because the admittance of FAILURE is the beginning of SUCCESS.

If a player foolishly believe the hype around him and looses focus, Discipline & Diligence. He will fail.

I personally have seen more naturally exceptionally gifted ⚽ footballers who didn't make it than those who did.

The best thing you can do is hard tough LOVE keeping saying you have not done NOTHING there is too much more to learn, but you are on the right path.

There is a player I know in a premier league academy at 14 he had the second fastest sprint record in the history of the academy at 14. He had snow played for England he has a youth contract, witu the three major sports companies begging to endorse him. Against everybody else I don't think he will make it. He believes he has arrived, he is arrogant and conceited and will not listen 👂🏿 to anybody.

Awoniyi has humility, selflessness , a willing heart to learn, hard work ethic crowned with FAITH. Very nice young man .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:22am On Nov 13, 2023
charlesemeka85:
even against Copenhagen in the first half before Rashford got sent off the team played very well

The biggest mistake the board will make is sacking 10 Hag. United need a good sporting director and few footballing heads to manage the club

Our scouting department is very bad and needs reshuffling. Heard many will be sacked and new faces brought in soon so I pray that happens

Casimero,varane, tominnay, maguire, erikson,Antony, martial,sancho etc needs to leave to make space for young,hungry and better talented players to come in. Left for me I will even advise that rashford should be sold

When Gerrard made a complete hash of things at Aston villa they brought in Unai Emery.

Exactly the same players that he Emery inherited but a vastly huge difference in the results. Villav are now competing for Europe the same goes for Tottenham.

Players like Antony incredibly over priced and a flash in the pan almost zero outcome delivery ( end product) It's obvious that Ten hag wanted him.

The EPL is not like all other league it' a lot more physical a lot faster and intense than any other league.
It's not suited to all players and it not all players can adapt.

Rashford goes to another league and he could easily be a top goal scorer.Dont dismiss him.

My eyes 👀 are on Ten Hag as the problem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:35am On Nov 13, 2023
komekn:

Players who get rated before they have achieved anything often don't make it. A good dose of FAILURE is a great thing , because the admittance of FAILURE is the beginning of SUCCESS.

If a player foolishly believe the hype around him and looses focus, Discipline & Diligence. He will fail.

I personally have seen more naturally exceptionally gifted ⚽ footballers who didn't make it than those who did.

The best thing you can do is hard tough LOVE keeping saying you have not done NOTHING there is too much more to learn, but you are on the right path.

There is a player I know in a premier league academy at 14 he had the second fastest sprint record in the history of the academy at 14. He had snow played for England he has a youth contract, witu the three major sports companies begging to endorse him. Against everybody else I don't think he will make it. He believes he has arrived, he is arrogant and conceited and will not listen 👂🏿 to anybody.

Awoniyi has humility, selflessness , a willing heart to learn, hard work ethic crowned with FAITH. Very nice young man .
Yes I have seen talented players who failed to make it,players like Tarila Okoronwata,Clement Temile,Etim Esin,Duke Udi,Dodo Avaa and Ojokojo Torunigba.

Awoniyi is a complete gentleman that listens and ready to learn…during off season I told him o boy una plenty for striking role and he said getting call up alone is a blessing.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2023
Mujtahida:

Me no too know these guys oo. I started ardently following SE in 94 as a boy. Before then I was scarcely interested in football. But I remember Saudi 89, especially the Daman Miracle. And I remember watching the match that Okwaraji slumped and later died.
I thought you are from Benue….well Dominic Iorfa and Moses Kpakor

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:40am On Nov 13, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Dimeji Lawal? Na name I sabi o, face I no dey remember because na small binatone/president black and white TV I dey take watch 9ja match grin grin
Dimeji Lawal and Mutiu Adepoju na your brothers…Ibadan boys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
komekn:

When Gerrard made a complete hash of things at Aston villa they brought in Unai Emery.

Exactly the same players that he Emery inherited but a vastly huge difference in the results. Villav are now competing for Europe the same goes for Tottenham.

Players like Antony incredibly over priced and a flash in the pan almost zero outcome delivery ( end product) It's obvious that Ten hag wanted him.

The EPL is not like all other league it' a lot more physical a lot faster and intense than any other league.
It's not suited to all players and it not all players can adapt.

Rashford goes to another league and he could easily be a top goal scorer.Dont dismiss him.

My eyes 👀 are on Ten Hag as the problem.

Moyes, Van Gaal, Ragnick and now ETH are the problem?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2023
Tessyy1701:

Moyes, Van Gaal, Ragnick and now ETH are the problem?
you forgot to mention Jose
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Jose that wins you trophy abi which Jose are you taking about,

the problem is the board simple
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2023
Kog45:
Dimeji Lawal and Mutiu Adepoju na your brothers…Ibadan boys.
Yes o!!!! Moses Kpakor? Abi na Dotun Alatise, that is one of them?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2023
Kog45:
I thought you are from Benue….well Dominic Iorfa and Moses Kpakor
Dominic is tall o and by the way I didn't see your response before my guesses. Moses Kpakor, the man that village people messed up, this life sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
Kog45:
Yes I have seen talented players who failed to make it,players like Tarila Okoronwata,Clement Temile,Etim Esin,Duke Udi,Dodo Avaa and Ojokojo Torunigba.

Awoniyi is a complete gentleman that listens and ready to learn…during off season I told him o boy una plenty for striking role and he said getting call up alone is a blessing.
Apostle Awoniyi!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2023
do4luv14:

Jose that wins you trophy abi which Jose are you taking about,

the problem is the board simple
I never said Jose was the problem but insinuating that he is among the coaches united board and players made to look bad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2023
Victor Osimhen: “I’ve to be honest, I never thought of leaving last summer as Napoli wanted to keep me”.

“But when the offer from Saudi came in, it was a huge one. Big one… it was difficult to reject” 🇸🇦

“I spoke to Napoli and I decided to stay”, told @obionepodcast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2023
Loved watching Moses Kpakor when I was small. Was part of the impressive BCC Lions of Gboko coached by late Amodu Shaibu.

Kpakor would have also had a fruitful European career but village people hit him with an injury just days before he was supposed to join Brugge maybe egbon Kog45 can help with extra details.

AndSunGorilla:

Yes o!!!! Moses Kpakor? Abi na Dotun Alatise, that is one of them?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Dominic is tall o and by the way I didn't see your response before my guesses. Moses Kpakor, the man that village people messed up, this life sha.
Yes o Kpakor got injured in his last match after signing a pre contract with Feyenoord…..Well a huge player for BCC Lion of Gboko with his senior brother Terfa Kpakor.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2023
chrisooblog:
Loved watching Moses Kpakor when I was small. Was part of the impressive BCC Lions of Gboko coached by late Amodu Shaibu.

Kpakor would have also had a fruitful European career but village people hit him with an injury just days before he was supposed to join Brugge maybe egbon Kog45 can help with extra details.

Yes very devastating experience.It was a farewell match for him,going to Feyenoord but good we got Oliseh later.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Yes very tall and one of Amodu boys.He moved from NPFL to Antwerp and very luck to QPR in EPL but flopped.He made his money in England

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2023
charlesemeka85:
👍

(1) (2) (3) ... (15230) (15231) (15232) (15233) (15234) (15235) (15236) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m), Philosopher1979, gbengaolu360, twentyk(m), ddone and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.