Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11671098 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15227) (15228) (15229) (15230) (15231) (15232) (15233) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samdolad(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2023
quickberry:
grin
Why is Kelvin Akpoguma not on the list, he has not been called for games for some time now and he plays regularly for hoffeiham, hope he does have any issue with NFF or the coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2023
samdolad:

Why is Kelvin Akpoguma not on the list, he has not been called for games for some time now and he plays regularly for hoffeiham, hope he does have any issue with NFF or the coach.
Because he is not good. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 6:18pm On Nov 11, 2023
samdolad:

na otu

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2023
jihday:
na otu

Big one

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2023
We need to invite Koleosho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2023
See what Japa FC has done to Enyimba grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:23pm On Nov 11, 2023
Unfortunately true

jihday:
na otu

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
elyte89:

Big one
So in other words a league someone is playing in is not a yardstick of how good the player is?? Viz a viz. Playing in big club doesn't guarantee a top notch NT performance. Am I missing something.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2023
comodo:

So in other words a league someone is playing in is not a yardstick of how good the player is?? Viz a viz. Playing in big club doesn't guarantee a top notch NT performance. Am I missing something.

Fact 💯... But Someone will come for you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2023
Some women's league action. Edo Queens vs Bayelsa Queens in the final of the Betsy Obaseki Cup. This tournament might rival the league season, see trophy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV7JlexZOQI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:19pm On Nov 11, 2023
Taiwo Awoniyi Was Not Part Of Golden Eaglets U-17 World Cup Plan - Manu Garba

Taiwo Awoniyi was the luckiest player in my FIFA U17 World Cup winning team in the UAE because he was not part of the screening exercise in Abuja and I already had a team camping in Calabar at Princeville Hotel Calabar made up of forty players and one day I flew from Calabar for a meeting at the NFF and I saw a clip of the then U15 national team match and in the clip, Taiwo Awoniyi scored a goal with the head and I just said coach Siji Olagunju should give me his number and I called, introduce myself as the head coach of the National U-17 team and told him to try and come to Calabar and fight for a place in the team.

When Awoniyi arrived at Calabar, the team doctor said why do I invite him because they were together in the national U-15 team and he was very slow and can't make it and I told him that I personally saw a clip of his game and invited him and that I want to watch him for some time and God willing, he made the team to the world cup.

Though he wasn't a first-team starter, when Success Isaac, the highest goal scorer in all the friendly games we played and at the AFCON U-17 tournament in Morocco got a hamstring injury while celebrating the goal he scored against Sweden in the group match at the world cup, Taiwo Awoniyi got his chance scored a goal with an assist and finished the world cup with 4 goals.

Taiwo Awoniyi was the main striker when we won the Super 6 Glo LMC Football Competition in Abuja 2015 defeating the likes of Enyimba, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Dolphins, and National U-23, and was the main striker when we won the Afcon U20 Senegal 2015 trophy and Gold Medal and finished with 3 goals and some assist.

This story is a testimony of the development of Taiwo Awoniyi and why we have to believe in destiny whether good or bad. On a final note, I'm delighted to have played a great role in contributing to his development, and Biizinillah, the player can always get better for he is very hard-working, intelligent, calm, and disciplined.

Coach Manu Garba MFR

#naijaeagles #nigeriafootballfederation #nigeriafootball #SuperEagles #wahalafootball

Incredible

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 12:48am On Nov 12, 2023
comodo:

He is still a better defender than some defenders listed. As a CB, he is definitely good for Nigeria level. If it easy to play for big 3 leagues why oyibo man never do am for some SE player (in uzoho voice)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:29am On Nov 12, 2023
Premier League

Dominic Solanke (Bournemouth) with a brace today against Newcastle. Final Score 2-0 at home.
Season tally of 6 goals and 1 assist from as many as 12 starts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efqKt11cjoc

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:36am On Nov 12, 2023
Liga Portugal

Zaidu Sanusi scored for Porto in their 2-1 win away to Vitoria. Seems he picked up an injury and was subbed off in the 2nd half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLvf_TGKREw

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:47am On Nov 12, 2023
Turkish Super Lig

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru with an assist today for Hatayspor. Final score 2-1 against visitors, Galatasaray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQGP76rK8aw

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:11am On Nov 12, 2023
mostob:

Taiwo Awoniyi was the luckiest player in my FIFA U17 World Cup winning team in the UAE because he was not part of the screening exercise in Abuja and I already had a team camping in Calabar at Princeville Hotel Calabar made up of forty players and one day I flew from Calabar for a meeting at the NFF and I saw a clip of the then U15 national team match and in the clip, Taiwo Awoniyi scored a goal with the head and I just said coach Siji Olagunju should give me his number and I called, introduce myself as the head coach of the National U-17 team and told him to try and come to Calabar and fight for a place in the team.

When Awoniyi arrived at Calabar, the team doctor said why do I invite him because they were together in the national U-15 team and he was very slow and can't make it and I told him that I personally saw a clip of his game and invited him and that I want to watch him for some time and God willing, he made the team to the world cup.

Though he wasn't a first-team starter, when Success Isaac, the highest goal scorer in all the friendly games we played and at the AFCON U-17 tournament in Morocco got a hamstring injury while celebrating the goal he scored against Sweden in the group match at the world cup, Taiwo Awoniyi got his chance scored a goal with an assist and finished the world cup with 4 goals.

Taiwo Awoniyi was the main striker when we won the Super 6 Glo LMC Football Competition in Abuja 2015 defeating the likes of Enyimba, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Dolphins, and National U-23, and was the main striker when we won the Afcon U20 Senegal 2015 trophy and Gold Medal and finished with 3 goals and some assist.

This story is a testimony of the development of Taiwo Awoniyi and why we have to believe in destiny whether good or bad. On a final note, I'm delighted to have played a great role in contributing to his development, and Biizinillah, the player can always get better for he is very hard-working, intelligent, calm, and disciplined.

Coach Manu Garba MFR

#naijaeagles #nigeriafootballfederation #nigeriafootball #SuperEagles #wahalafootball

Incredible
Yes not part of the screening but under 15 MVP during 2011 COPA Coca Cola tournaments in UK deserved invitation without screening.

He took Manu Garba to watch a clip based on recommendation but a team doctor who knows nothing about football said NO,he was too slow and imagined the same doctor was part of under 15 team to UK but tried to deny the MVP of the summer camp the opportunity,meaning many players have lost out due to external influences of back room staffs whose primary functions does not relate to coaching….Manu Garba should not have mentioned the doctor in his narration

Taiwo Awoniyi a slow player?NO but it looked like one,checking his sprinted goal runs against Arsenal and Man utd proved he is not a slow one.

The saving grace of Taiwo Awoniyi till dates is hardworking,commitment and discipline cuz he knew he was not rated.

Respect to Stephen Keshi who gave Awoniyi his first super eagles call up in December 2013 alongside Iheanacho and Alampasu.He said young man you are going places cuz you are strong but only harwork does it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:24am On Nov 12, 2023
I want to sincerely thank all my people for finding me worthy to represent them!
Although this is a faceless forum, I find it extremely humbling!
However, I will like to excuse myself for either Chriskels/Joebie!

I just got a new addition to my little family (Baby girl) and might not have the time to be involved as might required!
Thank you family!
Danielnino00:

Based on responses received so far, Thegoodjoe and Charlesemeka85 have confirmed their participation in the nomination process.
Kog45 and Bascovanveli have declined to participate due to various reasons they already stated above.
Therefore, Komekn and Majoribanks are hereby inducted into the committe.

Komekn and Majoribanks,kindly confirm your readiness to participate.
Thesupernerd,we still await your response.
I hope we can sort it all out by Sunday night.
Like I said, its important for all members of tje committee to confirm their willingness to participate so we wont have a situation wnere one member would go AWOL and we will be stuck somewhere..
Thank you all

CC: icon4s

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:29am On Nov 12, 2023
Italy U21 international. Good luck with that.

jihday:
We need to invite Koleosho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:44am On Nov 12, 2023
Premier League

Man United 1-0 Luton (Gabriel Osho)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:14am On Nov 12, 2023
La Liga

Almeria 1-3 Real Sociedad (Sadiq Umar)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:47am On Nov 12, 2023
Danielnino00:

Based on responses received so far, Thegoodjoe and Charlesemeka85 have confirmed their participation in the nomination process.
Kog45 and Bascovanveli have declined to participate due to various reasons they already stated above.
Therefore, Komekn and Majoribanks are hereby inducted into the committe.

Komekn and Majoribanks,kindly confirm your readiness to participate.
Thesupernerd,we still await your response.
I hope we can sort it all out by Sunday night.
Like I said, its important for all members of tje committee to confirm their willingness to participate so we wont have a situation wnere one member would go AWOL and we will be stuck somewhere..
Thank you all

CC: icon4s

I was under the impression it was between joebie and myself if that's the case , I would rather have joebie take it on.

Many thanks for the nomination.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:09am On Nov 12, 2023
Majoribanks (congrats on your new addition to the fam!) has declined. as well

So it’s you and Chriskels that complete the Top 5. Thanks in advance to you all for your time and service.

komekn:

I was under the impression it was between joebie and myself if that's the case , I would rather have joebie take it on.

Many thanks for the nomination.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2023
Joebie:
La Liga

Almeria 1-3 Real Sociedad (Sadiq Umar)
I watched the first 45 minutes and he had a good game,nearly scored a screamer in the late minutes of first half.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:49am On Nov 12, 2023
Oya old boys in the house…

CC:Icon4s,AndSunGorilla,thegoodjoe and Mujtahida.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:53am On Nov 12, 2023
Amazing 11 trophies 🏆 Respect Mikel Obi

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:13am On Nov 12, 2023
Kog45:
Oya old boys in the house

These jerseys are so fire.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:15am On Nov 12, 2023
mostob:

Coach Manu Garba MFR

Incredible

Bad belle doctor grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:17am On Nov 12, 2023
Congratulations Vincent Enyeama….bags honorary doctorate degree 📜 from University of Uyo in Kinetic and Physical Education

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:27am On Nov 12, 2023
Kog45:
Congratulations Vincent Enyeama….bags honorary doctorate degree 📜 from University of Uyo in Kinetic and Physical Education
well deserved, congrats to legendary Vin!!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:29am On Nov 12, 2023
Kog45:
Amazing 11 trophies 🏆 Respect Mikel Obi
one and only OBIE 1

That’s what fergie calls him when he trialed with Man United many years ago

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2023
Congratulations on your bundle of joy. May Almighty God bless and keep her in Jesus Name.

Trust your madam is doing well.

Cheers

Marjoribanks:
I want to sincerely thank all my people for finding me worthy to represent them!
Although this is a faceless forum, I find it extremely humbling!
However, I will like to excuse myself for either Chriskels/Joebie!

I just got a new addition to my little family (Baby girl) and might not have the time to be involved as might required!
Thank you family!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2023
Nothing give me joy pass Harry Kane banging goals in Germany like going out of fashion with 17 goals already! Boy on fire!

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (15227) (15228) (15229) (15230) (15231) (15232) (15233) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 24 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.