Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11799847 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15238) (15239) (15240) (15241) (15242) (15243) (15244) ... (16208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 7:49am On Nov 16, 2023
It seems Chukwueze wasn't invited.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:52am On Nov 16, 2023
Daninya33:

Sir,We all know Enyeama caused us the world cup ticket in Kano against Angola. He improved greatly after that error. Enyeama used to be poor in PKs,he worked on himself and we all remembered him saving 3 or 4 PK's against Tunisia in Afcon 2006. He grew in leaps and bounds keeping as many clean sheets in the French Lique 1. He is adjured as the greatest goal keeper ever in Africa.

Uzoho did okay at the World Cup in 2018. He didn't get better going forward. He lost his spot to Okoye and if not for Okoye's blunder against Tunisia in Afcon 2021,he would not have gotten his spot back.
He was the cause we could not go to Qatar 2022. He has been dropping howlers again and again.

JP must know that this is not a league competition where you will have to play 30-40 league games every season,play domestic cups etc.
He can't afford to drop points in any game in this world cup qualifiers cause we have South Africa to contend with.
The league in Cyprus may be better organized and monetized than the NPFL but in terms of quality,I don't think it is better than ours. Uzoho is a bench warmer and we saw his performance in the last league game when he came in as a substitute to replace the first choice goalkeeper.

I will prefer Akpeyi to Uzoho even though he is jittery in the colors of 9ja. Hey, that Mahrez free kick can beat any world class goalkeeper.

Uzoho may come out unscathed against Lesotho and Zimbabwe but what happens when we get to play formidable foes?, What if a game goes on to Penalty kicks?, Will he be able to save any?.

Ask yourself why Okoye declined the invitation? He knows fully well that he is a better shot stopper than Uzoho.
Okoye may have been blamed against the loss against Tunisia in our last Afcon outing but he is still a better goalkeeper than Uzoho.

JP is just being strong headed and we will see where it will lead us to.
It will be in the expense of Afcon triumph and World Cup Qualifiers.

I won't blame enyeama for the goal conceded in Kano against Angola. The former NFA chairman Galadima holds the blame for taking the all important match to kano state inside the scorching sun. The players like Yobo complained of the harsh weather prior that match.

For Pasiero, the man is a low class coach and it is so unfortunate that he will ruin our afcon wit his stubbornness and maybe our world cup qualifier. I blame Pinnick for appointing such acoach even when it was obvious better foreign coaches applied for the coaching job.

The problem with our football is that it is been managed by politicians people who have little knowledge of the game of football.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:56am On Nov 16, 2023
IWanLook:
I get why Peseiro is sticking with Francis in goal. Sometimes players just need someone to believe in them, and Francis isn't all that bad. Remember that match against Manchester United? He's shown up for his club.

Our goalkeeper situation is tricky. Coaches keep changing, and every new guy feels the heat. It's like we've put too much spotlight on the position. Even Vincent in the early 2000s had his struggles. Look at Onana; he's a good goalie because he's proven himself elsewhere.. But is he always perfect?

Football's a team sport, not about one person. We've got to support the manager helping Uzoho. If not, we'll keep begging for goalkeepers with Nigerian heritage to play for us. I was skeptical about AFCON, but deep down, I think we've got potential. Let's back the team and drop the insults – we're all here for Team Nigeria. 🇳🇬

Does Uzoho look like a serious person to you?

Most of this players after they journey to europe they forget themselves forgetting that they need to train twice as hard to match their European counterparts.

Right now Amas should be in goal instead

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2023
Daninya33:

Sir,We all know Enyeama caused us the world cup ticket in Kano against Angola. He improved greatly after that error. Enyeama used to be poor in PKs,he worked on himself and we all remembered him saving 3 or 4 PK's against Tunisia in Afcon 2006. He grew in leaps and bounds keeping as many clean sheets in the French Lique 1. He is adjured as the greatest goal keeper ever in Africa.

Uzoho did okay at the World Cup in 2018. He didn't get better going forward. He lost his spot to Okoye and if not for Okoye's blunder against Tunisia in Afcon 2021,he would not have gotten his spot back.
He was the cause we could not go to Qatar 2022. He has been dropping howlers again and again.

JP must know that this is not a league competition where you will have to play 30-40 league games every season,play domestic cups etc.
He can't afford to drop points in any game in this world cup qualifiers cause we have South Africa to contend with.
The league in Cyprus may be better organized and monetized than the NPFL but in terms of quality,I don't think it is better than ours. Uzoho is a bench warmer and we saw his performance in the last league game when he came in as a substitute to replace the first choice goalkeeper.

I will prefer Akpeyi to Uzoho even though he is jittery in the colors of 9ja. Hey, that Mahrez free kick can beat any world class goalkeeper.

Uzoho may come out unscathed against Lesotho and Zimbabwe but what happens when we get to play formidable foes?, What if a game goes on to Penalty kicks?, Will he be able to save any?.

Ask yourself why Okoye declined the invitation? He knows fully well that he is a better shot stopper than Uzoho.
Okoye may have been blamed against the loss against Tunisia in our last Afcon outing but he is still a better goalkeeper than Uzoho.

okoye had passport issues. that brother has been married to the bench with Only one appearance this season with his only match being the coppa Italia match against Cagliari. We have tasted the two and we have seen their quality. If okoye was/is better, people would clamor for him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:09am On Nov 16, 2023
Clint02:
It seems Chukwueze wasn't invited.
yeah. Just returned from injury and the matches are not that crucial.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:16am On Nov 16, 2023
villagereporter:

Ounje agric ni won nje. They eat hamburger, KFC bulldog food😂😇😅😁
Awon broilers 🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2023
Daninya33:

Well said 💯

Don't know if this is the reason tho...

This one na madm@n, he still said Uzoho is the best Super Eagles goalkeeper yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2023
Amedino99:
okoye had passport issues. that brother has been married to the bench with Only one appearance this season with his only match being the coppa Italia match against Cagliari. We have tasted the two and we have seen their quality. If okoye was/is better, people would clamor for him.
Okoye is better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:00am On Nov 16, 2023
IWanLook:
I get why Peseiro is sticking with Francis in goal. Sometimes players just need someone to believe in them, and Francis isn't all that bad. Remember that match against Manchester United? He's shown up for his club.

Our goalkeeper situation is tricky. Coaches keep changing, and every new guy feels the heat. It's like we've put too much spotlight on the position. Even Vincent in the early 2000s had his struggles. Look at Onana; he's a good goalie because he's proven himself elsewhere.. But is he always perfect?

Football's a team sport, not about one person. We've got to support the manager helping Uzoho. If not, we'll keep begging for goalkeepers with Nigerian heritage to play for us. I was skeptical about AFCON, but deep down, I think we've got potential. Let's back the team and drop the insults – we're all here for Team Nigeria. 🇳🇬

Listen to yourself... "Sometimes players need someone to believe in them".. A professional o.. Yeye talk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2023
BankyGee:

Okoye is better.
he was absent from the national team for a year and no one asked for his return. Not even you.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2023
JP say e no sabi Enyeama o according to OGN. We don enter one chance grin grin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2023
Daninya33:

No sir,Joseph Yobo cost us 2006 WC against Angola….pls go and watch the video clip how the goal was scored by Fabrice Akwa.

Uzoho lacked the talent that Enyeama had and it was cleared right from U17,reason why he was third choice keeper,fortunately for him he had good development than his peers and got the opportunity to be number one at 2018 WC

I think by now Uzoho should have shown us that he is the best to ever happen to Nigeria football history regarding goalkeepers.

Modified…sorry you are right.I mixed it up with the first leg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2023
Amedino99:
Passport issues or are you saying his passport pages are exhausted or what cuz I want to know why he didn’t make it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2023
BankyGee:

Okoye is better.
Okoye better than Uzoho debatable….yes Uzoho howlers no be here o but have not seen Okoye solid performance in eagles color till date and remembering Okoye two howlers make me always thinking the two are not good enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2023
He's right egbon. He's referring to the return match against Angola in Kano where Enyeama fumbled a soft freekick into goal.

The game you're referring to was the first leg in Angola where Yobo's lackluster defending allowed the Angolan striker Akwa to score from a tight angle.

If Uzoho had been a consistent performer in the past people won't have raised too much dust because we all know players go through rough patches but even at that the national team is meant for your best legs sentiment shouldn't be involved. Like some SE analysts have said in the past national team is not a rehabilitation centre.

Kog45:
No sir,Joseph Yobo cost us 2006 WC against Angola….pls go and watch the video clip how the goal was scored by Paulo Figueiredo.

Uzoho lacked the talent that Enyeama had and it was cleared right from U17,reason why he was third choice keeper,fortunately for him he had good development than his peers and got the opportunity to be number one at 2018 WC

I think by now Uzoho should have shown us that he is the best to ever happen to Nigeria football history regarding goalkeepers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:10am On Nov 16, 2023
chrisooblog:
He's right egbon. He's referring to the return match against Angola in Kano where Enyeama fumbled a soft freekick into goal.

The game you're referring to was the first leg in Angola where Yobo's lackluster defending allowed the Angolan striker Akwa to score from a tight angle.

If Uzoho had been a consistent performer in the past people won't have raised too much dust because we all know players go through rough patches but even at that the national team is meant for your best legs sentiment shouldn't be involved. Like some SE analysts have said in the past national team is not a rehabilitation centre.

Yes you are right,thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:25am On Nov 16, 2023
I want to see Osayi on the Right and Aina on the left but Peseiro lacks the tactical discipline to do this cuz I will never agree that Collins and Bruno are better than Aina on the left.

Well Peseiro is likely to come up with this line up

Uzoho
Aina
Collins
Ajayi
Bassey
Onyeka
Iwobi
Iheanacho
Simon
Boniface
Moffi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 11:45am On Nov 16, 2023
humility33:

Does Uzoho look like a serious person to you?

Most of this players after they journey to europe they forget themselves forgetting that they need to train twice as hard to match their European counterparts.

Right now Amas should be in goal instead
it is almost 5 years going to 6 no improvement from Francis Uzoho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:48am On Nov 16, 2023
Kog45:
Passport issues or are you saying his passport pages are exhausted or what cuz I want to know why he didn’t make it.
not sure about that. It was Jpes that said okoye had passport issues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:51am On Nov 16, 2023
Amedino99:
Okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:09pm On Nov 16, 2023
Amedino99:

I don't think it HD to do with passport, might be personal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
What time is the match, and where can we see the match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:42pm On Nov 16, 2023
ChrisKels:
5pm naija time…I think gurus here will update us on live telecast or links
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ihenzy:

Are you selling?
yes sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2023
Got this from the Super Eagles official handle not sure if it will work.

https://www.plus.fifa.com/en/?gl=ng

ChrisKels:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2023
Supersport go show the match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nigeria Vs Lesotho – Peseiro Picks Iheanacho/Iwobi As New Super Eagles Captain

Ahead of the senior national team of Nigeria 2026 World Cup qualifiers game against Lesotho head coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Jose Peseiro has picked a new captain for the team, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

The team will be without the service of the substantial captain Ahmed Musa and his vice William Troost-Ekong. Kenneth Omeruo who is the third in the leadership group isn’t expected to start later today.

Moses Simon who is the next after the defender will also start from the bench per what we exclusively gathered forcing the coach to settle for one of the duo of Kelechi Iheanacho or Alex Iwobi as captain for the game.

It is a decision that hasn’t been made now but the mantle will definitely fall on one of the aforementioned duo, as they will be the longest serving players in the team expected to start today’s game.

A team source said a decision wasn’t reached as at when the lineup was made but it seems to favour Iheanacho more than Iwobi whom Peseiro prefers to wear the armband for the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 1:20pm On Nov 16, 2023
Who saw the video of the British Nigerian trio of Alex Iwobi, Ademola lookman and how Aribo making fun of Nathan Tella's deep British accent when they asked for his name grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2023
AndSunGorilla:
JP say e no sabi Enyeama o according to OGN. We don enter one chance grin grin.

Onjo Asaro(jp) is a complete mad man sent from hell, stamp by nff to destroy our football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2023
M7even:
Who saw the video of the British Nigerian trio of Alex Iwobi, Ademola lookman and how Aribo making fun of Nathan Tella's deep British accent when they asked for his name grin grin
I saw the video. Alex iwobi try to introduce Nathan Tella to both Ademola lookman and Joe Aribo after the training . I like the way he pronounce Nathan with British accent it was funny
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nigeria 6 - 1 Lesotho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2023
Every country now believes they can win us with Uzoho in post for the eagles.

Uzoho is a confidence booster for our opponents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15238) (15239) (15240) (15241) (15242) (15243) (15244) ... (16208) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.