Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11930982 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) ... (16336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:25pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

But, Ndidi will easily find his way around the formation because it is a defensive set-up. Ndidi plays as a defensive midfielder. However the forward players are the ones who are finding it hard in the set-up.

Ndidi's challenge is when it comes to forward play. Shakespeare's system inhibits the creative side of Ndidi.
If Leicester will be making any mark this season- one thing they'll have to do is change their coach/manager. How can you have a team comprising of Slimani(I still rate this dude), Vardy, Mahrez, Oka, even our own Musa in the front and still can't harness these potentials to play a decent game that will make you a mid-table team still baffles me.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by freshest4live: 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
AIG07:
If Leicester will be making any mark this season- one thing they'll have to do is change their coach/manager. How can you have a team comprising of Slimani(I still rate this dude), Vardy, Mahrez, Oka, even our own Musa in the front and still can't harness these potentials to play a decent game that will make you a mid-table team still baffles me.
Musa has not even been making the bench so far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
PDPGuy:

From Nigerian Chelsea fans, yes he has done well. But if you check message boards of U.K. - based Chelsea fans, a lot of them wanted him to be benched.
Also, when managers of these European clubs buy a European player to compete for the same spot with a Black-African player, more than 90% of the time, the African player ends up being benched.
So, in a way, I'm happy that Don Conte eased my fear.

It depends on the Manager, that's my experience.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
Watching Muazzam, looking good... so happy for him... Missed a chance just now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2017
Muazzam playing the number 10 role

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2017
oloriooko:
Rushford miles better than Nacho
When you walk with the wise you become wiser

I would not agree to the the descriptive, Miles better.

Ahead for now and progressing rapidly ahead yes.

Why a top class Manager who believes in him and a team structure that plays to his strengths add to that being surrounded by world class players.

Although I think Rashford would be mores adaptable to the kind of football being played at Leicester than KC.

But if KC buckles down works hard and adapts his game he cam prove many doubters wrong. But can he adapt his game to suit Leicester, that's the big question ❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
Icon4s:

On the pitch yesterday the only two faces I could recognise were those of Onyinyechi Okeke and Rasheedat Ajibade. I didn't even know Mary Ologbosere was on the bench because they were far from my position.

The best 3 Nigerian players for the day were:

Rasheedat Ajibade: She played as a SS in the first half when we were looking for goals but later played as the lone striker when we went 3-0 up. Scored the 2nd and 3rd goal. Kept the Tanzanian defenders busy for 90mins. Excellent positional abilities with good ball sense.

Jersey number 17: That girl raped the Tanzanian full backs for good 90mins. She combined excellently well with Ajibade. And also had attempts at goal saved by the excellent Tanzanian goalie. She is the next big thing after Assisat Oshoala IMO. Folashade Ijamulusi is the girl in number 17. That girl will go places. My eyes are on her henceforth.

Jersey number 10: She came in as a sub for an injured jersey number 7. I thought I was seeing Mikel on the pitch. People were now wondering why the coach started her on the bench. Immediately she entered the Tanzanians became passengers in the midfield. Our wingers got more balls and the Tanzanians hardly got to the center circle. We scored two goals after her introduction. There was one occasion where she did a Mikel on 3 Tanzanian players. They thought she wanted to pass the ball backward only for her to do a 180 degrees turn with the 3 Tanzanians running in the opposite direction, much to the cheer of the home fans.

Other players that performed well: A very fair skinned girl that played LB and the Two centre backs. The RB was not much in the game as the Tanzanians hardly made any incursion in her direction. Tanzanians had no shot on target, Onyinyechi was only picking up loose balls that came her way.

The only Nigerian player I will axe in the game is the number 18 jersey. She was the main striker in front of Ajibade. A big number 9. But two sluggish and lazy.

Over all, the girls had a good game. Highly eterntaining. Excellent passing abilities. But for the Tanzanian goalie it could have been worse for them.

Brilliant analogy. Falconets will soar high. What they need now is funding and support
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I doubt you watched the game today. Rashford had a poor outing.
Poor is you being nice...
He had a ridiculously terrible game.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

I disagree with the first bolded.... Nacho shone at Man City and became the first real great quality from Man City's EDS and had such a rapid rise into the first team and made fine impacts with little game time coming his way... he achieved god status in the man city EDS set up and became the face of the man City Academy... till date Al Khaldoon Mubarak and co rate Nacho very highly and even mentioned him in their season review for 2015/16 as a key part of what they are trying to achieve as a club. If not why do you think He has such a huge buyback fee on his head from Same Man City?

Nacho did what no other youngster from Man City's EDS in recent years have done... and it will be hard to match even for the likes of Brahim Diaz and Phil Foden. Nacho blazed a trail and made his mark... give the boy credits and not lashing him because that is what you always wanna do when it comes to Nacho.. na wa...

And talking about complaints... have you heard Nacho complain? so why say he shouldn't complain? undecided

you have been complaining for him, that's by the way.

Forget all the fancy talks about mentioning a player in your review etc etc, the thing there(the most important thing)is showing total believe in your young player. There was a period when Messi was constantly injured and didn't score or create enough(during Riijkard's tenure)but despite how pressing it was, the Barca board never even thought of buying another left-wing forward, rather Ronaldinho given his free role would always be available to help out the young lad, now that is the perfect and maximum definition of trust, they didn't even need to mention Messi's name in their end of the year review. In 2008, they were more willing to kick out Dinho instead of Messi, if you don't gain enough confidence from that then you need serious deliverance. Now in quick contrast, Bojan was tearing it up at youth level, doing things seemingly impossible and people thought he was the next Messi and rightly so too, but the board went ahead and bought Henry, effectively stalling the little lad's development, as if that wasn't enough when Eto and Henry left, they still got Villa and Sanchez, that destroyed the boy's confidence and development, no need telling you how well he is faring now. Same goes for Cuenca(though his was mainly cause he was injury-prone, but even Messi used to be).

My point is an entire club showing faith and trust in one particular player leads to the making of a world class player. Check all the world class players, at 18 or 19, they'd already be regulars or near regulars for their clubs, not because they are the best there but because the clubs believe in them.

Now take a look at Iheanacho's case. His first full season, he had the best GtM ratio in the Epl and the best shot conversion? Stats beffiting of a potential world class player(or in the worst possible case, just a level below World Class), the previous coach showed believe in him but once he got replaced, the new coach didn't play him at all, the club never complained and they were more than willing to spend so much to buy other strikers that would effectively push him out of the team, the coach even played wingers in his place and the club never complained despite finishing 4th, that is enough to bring down Iheanacho's confidence and if he doesn't hit the ground running at Leicester frustration might get the better of him and that would be another talent wasted(God forbid, it won't be well with Man City). Now tell me, if Iheanacho was an Arsenal player do you think they would have sold him to Leicester? They wouldn't have purchased Lacazzette even and that is why most of their players perform beyond their abilities. Man City was the wrong move for the boy.

Meanwhile, quit the childish and senseless comments about me always trying to ridicule Iheanacho, it turns all your serious comment into some childish gibberish, it doesn't bode well for you

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I don't agree one bit. Porto is known for hoarding Nigerians. The best they get is team B or being sent out on loan. He did very well for himself at Man city now is just the time to buckle up and make things happen. I still believe in the boy he will come good.

except if you mean the owners have something against Nigerians specifically and not Africans(which is totally ridiculous)then I agree with you. If not, then you only need to browse what Brahimi and Aboubakar did there and you will see that they have no issue with playing black players with great potential. You are forgetting that this is Portugal, some of their races are black in fact, just like telling me that racism exists in Brazil, false stories all round. If you are not good enough then you won't make it so far
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
Top Ten Most Valuable Nigerian Players : Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi Make List

Chelsea right wing-back Victor Moses is currently the most valuable Nigerian player, according to German website transfermarkt.com.

The former Crystal Palace and Wigan Athletic man will fetch 18 million euros in transfer fees, and is more expensive than Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa who is rated at €17 million.

Of the ten most expensive Nigerian players, the top five - Victor Moses, Ahmed Musa, Kelechi Iheanacho, Wilfred Ndidi and Alex Iwobi - represent English clubs.

Odion Ighalo, John Obi Mikel and Brown Ideye were previously on the books of Watford, Chelsea and West Brom respectively, while Henry Onyekuru has been loaned out by Everton to R.S.C. Anderlecht for the whole of this season.

Eight of the top ten most valuable Nigerian footballers play in offensive positions for the Super Eagles, and no defender made the list.

Top Ten Most Valuable Nigerian Footballers

1) Victor Moses (Chelsea) - €18 million
2) Ahmed Musa (Leicester City) - €17 million
3) Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City) - €15 million
4) Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City) - €14 million
5) Alex Iwobi (Arsenal) - €10 million
6) Odion Ighalo (Changchun Yatai ) - €7 million
Henry Onyekuru (Anderlecht ) - €7 million
cool Obi Mikel (Tianjin Teda) - €6 million
9) Brown Ideye (Tianjin Teda) - €5 million
10) Moses Simon (Gent) - €4.5 million

Igho Kingsley

Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24662
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
FIFA 18 Strength & Physicality : Akinfenwa Is Strongest Player, Ikpeazu & Esiti In Top Ten

Less than 13 days before the official release of EA SPORTS FIFA 18, Electronic Arts have announced the top ten players for strength and physicality, and three Nigerian players made the cut.

Cambridge United striker Uche Ikpeazu, who has been invited to the Nigeria U23 squad on more than one occasion, is the tenth strongest player in the world.

Strongest players are rated on their ability to overpower and hold off the opposition, and Ikpeazu has a 77 physicality rating.

Gent central midfielder Anderson Esiti clocks in at number nine on the list, while the title of the strongest player in the world has been retained by Wycombe Wanderers frontman Adebayo Akinfenwa, nicknamed The Beast.

Anderson Esiti ranks at number five for physicality, ahead of Marouane Fellaini and Paul Pogba (both Manchester United), Diego Costa (Chelsea) and Sead Kolašinac (Arsenal).

According to EA Sports, physicality is a measure of key physical traits such as strength, stamina, and jumping.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24665

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
komekn:

Dominic Iorfa is fast big strong but not technically astute compared to Aina.

In this regard Dominic is built for the physicality, high tempo and intensity of the Championship and for the less technical teams in the premiership.

Consider Mick Mcarthy (Ipswich Manager) and his football ethos which is essentially kick and rush. Iorfa in my opinion would do well if he can improve his anticipation and positional sense as a center back. I rate him considerably higher than Ilori.

Forget pedigree and compare him to Ilori in terms of games played and Ilori is far far behind him.

None of them in my opinion is anywhere near the quality of Aina with regards to wing back play.

In regards to wing back play, I agree they are nowhere near Aina's quality but in regards to CB, Bros, those two players are ahead.

In terms of game played, Aina is still a learner compared with Ilori. grin

How many professional matches does Aina have under his belt in his whole football career? shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
komekn:

There are some of them, can I say, I have come across if not them thier agents and or both. I would say at U18 level they were all NAIJA come first in thier identity and engagement.

It really hinges on long term engagement and relationship, that is at the core of the matter.

For instance let's say I have three of these boys I have spoken too them. I have sold the Nigerian project to them they accept. I then inform the NFF or I speak to Amaju we then begin to play politics of what's in it for me and them. Straightaway they loose thier affinity for Naija and become dissapointed.

I have a principle in life which governs all my relationships, which is how do you treat people who have nothing to offer and or repay you. That is your true character.

We should have been the first to discover Tega before he began to Blow. Invited him to camp made him feel welcome.

We should not wait for England to recognise them before we do. There is something perverse about a stranger welcome you to his house and showing you love and hospitality before your own family.

If you go the London premiership academies it's not a question of who is Nigerian. But what % of the academy is Nigerian from age grade 6 to 23. The older they get the more the athletic prowess of our boys becomes more pronounced. From 15- 23 the % become higher � even more. So how are we engaging them as it stands right now.

Iorfa, Ojo, Onomah if approached correctly right now will play for Nigeria.

My eyes are on Onomah. This boy is a beast.

Iorfa and Ojo are also very good.

Tega is going going going..... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:
Awoniyi score. Olayinka's sees yellow.

Mouscron lead waregem away

How many goals and assists does he have this season?

Awoniyi seems to adapt to the Belgian league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:27pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:
ITALY Serie A:

Torino 2-2 Sampdoria
Sadiq Umar makes Torino's matchday squad, but fails to take part in the home draw.
Joel Obi still out due to injury.

GERMANY Bundesliga:

Hoffenheim 1-1 Hertha Berlin
Jordan Torunarigha missing from Hertha's squad.

Sadiq is up against Beloti. How can he play?

Di's d time to lure Jordan to play for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2017
forgiveness:

In regards to wing back play, I agree they are nowhere near Aina's quality but in regards to CB, Bros, those two players are ahead.

In terms of game played, Aina is still a learner compared with Ilori. grin

How many professional matches does Aina have under his belt in his whole football career? shocked

Indeed his performances have exceeded those who have far more game time than him. He has been voted best right back in the championship several times.

His situation is unique Chelsea with its world class stars makes it very difficult if not near impossible for a young player to get an opportunity in the first team.

Consider Tega Abrahams first season in professional football in the Championship becomes arguably best striker in the Championship.

So game time cannot exceed pure quality and class.

Ilori for his very limited game time in England is still far behind Dominic Iorfa and Aina.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
forgiveness:

My eyes are on Onomah. This boy is a beast.

Iorfa and Ojo are also very good.

Tega is going going going..... grin

From the age of 15 Tega was the most technically gifted player in Tottenham's academy right up to the U23's he is now getting much needed game time in the championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:
FIFA 18 Strength & Physicality : Akinfenwa Is Strongest Player, Ikpeazu & Esiti In Top Ten

Less than 13 days before the official release of EA SPORTS FIFA 18, Electronic Arts have announced the top ten players for strength and physicality, and three Nigerian players made the cut.

Cambridge United striker Uche Ikpeazu, who has been invited to the Nigeria U23 squad on more than one occasion, is the tenth strongest player in the world.

Strongest players are rated on their ability to overpower and hold off the opposition, and Ikpeazu has a 77 physicality rating.

Gent central midfielder Anderson Esiti clocks in at number nine on the list, while the title of the strongest player in the world has been retained by Wycombe Wanderers frontman Adebayo Akinfenwa, nicknamed The Beast.

Anderson Esiti ranks at number five for physicality, ahead of Marouane Fellaini and Paul Pogba (both Manchester United), Diego Costa (Chelsea) and Sead Kolašinac (Arsenal).

According to EA Sports, physicality is a measure of key physical traits such as strength, stamina, and jumping.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

I remember Uche Ikpeazu when he played U18 for Reading Fc he was the highest goal scorer in the U18 league. Scoring three hatricks one against Chelsea.

Very well mannered kid he tried to speak Ibo as much as he could. Considering his mother is Ugandan tells you his love for Nigeria. At that stage Reading had inu opinion third best football academy in England.

However, he was 6'4" at age 18 he was so strong ot was like boys to men. Which explains why he couldn't keep the progression once he moved to the adult game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mickael2:

except if you mean the owners have something against Nigerians specifically and not Africans(which is totally ridiculous)then I agree with you. If not, then you only need to browse what Brahimi and Aboubakar did there and you will see that they have no issue with playing black players with great potential. You are forgetting that this is Portugal, some of their races are black in fact, just like telling me that racism exists in Brazil, false stories all round. If you are not good enough then you won't make it so far

There is racism in Brazil. It is a major problem there.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
In the run-up to USA 94, Nigeria tested Kanu, Ojigwe, Taribo west, Joseph Odegbami, and so many fringe players. None of them made the world cup but some formed the nucleus of a future team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mickael2:

you have been complaining for him, that's by the way.

Forget all the fancy talks about mentioning a player in your review etc etc, the thing there(the most important thing)is showing total believe in your young player. There was a period when Messi was constantly injured and didn't score or create enough(during Riijkard's tenure)but despite how pressing it was, the Barca board never even thought of buying another left-wing forward, rather Ronaldinho given his free role would always be available to help out the young lad, now that is the perfect and maximum definition of trust, they didn't even need to mention Messi's name in their end of the year review. In 2008, they were more willing to kick out Dinho instead of Messi, if you don't gain enough confidence from that then you need serious deliverance. Now in quick contrast, Bojan was tearing it up at youth level, doing things seemingly impossible and people thought he was the next Messi and rightly so too, but the board went ahead and bought Henry, effectively stalling the little lad's development, as if that wasn't enough when Eto and Henry left, they still got Villa and Sanchez, that destroyed the boy's confidence and development, no need telling you how well he is faring now. Same goes for Cuenca(though his was mainly cause he was injury-prone, but even Messi used to be).

My point is an entire club showing faith and trust in one particular player leads to the making of a world class player. Check all the world class players, at 18 or 19, they'd already be regulars or near regulars for their clubs, not because they are the best there but because the clubs believe in them.

Now take a look at Iheanacho's case. His first full season, he had the best GtM ratio in the Epl and the best shot conversion? Stats beffiting of a potential world class player(or in the worst possible case, just a level below World Class), the previous coach showed believe in him but once he got replaced, the new coach didn't play him at all, the club never complained and they were more than willing to spend so much to buy other strikers that would effectively push him out of the team, the coach even played wingers in his place and the club never complained despite finishing 4th, that is enough to bring down Iheanacho's confidence and if he doesn't hit the ground running at Leicester frustration might get the better of him and that would be another talent wasted(God forbid, it won't be well with Man City). Now tell me, if Iheanacho was an Arsenal player do you think they would have sold him to Leicester? They wouldn't have purchased Lacazzette even and that is why most of their players perform beyond their abilities. Man City was the wrong move for the boy.

Meanwhile, quit the childish and senseless comments about me always trying to ridicule Iheanacho, it turns all your serious comment into some childish gibberish, it doesn't bode well for you

Honestly, Bojan did not have the quality to become a great at Barcelona. Regular time does not make stars. It is ability and hardwork. Bojan was a good talent but no where near even Saviola, Giovanni Dos Santos or Aguero in talent in their late teens.

Iheanacho needs to work hard to make something out of Leicester City but with time find himself in a club that plays a possessive attacking football system, with good creative midfielders that will suit him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
Why does Uche Agbo always get cautioned?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:
Why does Uche Agbo always get cautioned?
has boy attitude grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
Yes, and Esiti was on from start to finish to help Gent beat Oostende away. Moses Simon also.
Final score:
Oostende 0-2 Gent

soetanoreoluwa:

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2017
Agbo no be WC material yet.

krattoss:
has boy attitude grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
Likewise Dessers, Olayinka etc should get their chance whether they make Russia or not

tbaba1234:
In the run-up to USA 94, Nigeria tested Kanu, Ojigwe, Taribo west, Joseph Odegbami, and so many fringe players. None of them made the world cup but some formed the nucleus of a future team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:
Likewise Dessers, Olayinka etc should get their chance whether they make Russia or not

We got beaten right and left in the build up to USA 94 though...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
That's fine.. especially after the WC draw. We don't have to win all matches. That will be the best time to have a test on how we measure up with bigger oppositions outside Africa, and fine-tune our strategies.

tbaba1234:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Honestly, Bojan did not have the quality to become a great at Barcelona. Regular time does not make stars. It is ability and hardwork. Bojan was a good talent but no where near even Saviola, Giovanni Dos Santos or Aguero in talent in their late teens.

Iheanacho needs to work hard to make something out of Leicester City but with time find himself in a club that plays a possessive attacking football system, with good creative midfielders that will suit him.

Bojan?! Maybe you need to watch his tapes again, let me just say you didn't follow him that much. Giovanni wasn't even close to Bojan. Bojan is a typical Messi kind of player, you can mark Giovanni out of a game but Bojan is a typical striker that drops deep to collect the ball and create for others. Comparing Bojan to Giovanni is a joke.

On the plus side, Giovanni is also another example
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
tbaba1234:

yea u are right.In one of d friendly, Sweden beat us 3-1,Kanu played this match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

There is racism in Brazil. It is a major problem there.

I totally meant the black dominated parts, like Favelas(or so) I think, people there do not complain about racism one bit. Of course racism exists in every colonised country where the colonisers deposit some of their own citizens in such countries

(1) (2) (3) ... (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) ... (16336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Silentgroper(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.