Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,418 members, 7,861,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:55 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11931097 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) (1530) ... (16336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mickael2:

Bojan?! Maybe you need to watch his tapes again, let me just say you didn't follow him that much. Giovanni wasn't even close to Bojan. Bojan is a typical Messi kind of player, you can mark Giovanni out of a game but Bojan is a typical striker that drops deep to collect the ball and create for others. Comparing Bojan to Giovanni is a joke.

On the plus side, Giovanni is also another example

Bojan's rep is U13, U15. At Barcelona senior team, the time he had his chance, he was not prolific. I watched all their games then. That was towards the end of Rijkaard's reign. Every time Gio got a chance, he performed. In his last game, he scored a hattrick. That preseason, Gio was even doing better than the trident of Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Henry.

Note, I said in their late teens. Bojan did not come close.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:53pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:
Agbo no be WC material yet.

My man u get eyes but to my surprise d guy is always on d list of players getting invitation,truth be told d guy lack d class.Hope Rohr find good backup for Balogun and Ekong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mickael2:

except if you mean the owners have something against Nigerians specifically and not Africans(which is totally ridiculous)then I agree with you. If not, then you only need to browse what Brahimi and Aboubakar did there and you will see that they have no issue with playing black players with great potential. You are forgetting that this is Portugal, some of their races are black in fact, just like telling me that racism exists in Brazil, false stories all round. If you are not good enough then you won't make it so far

I didn't mention one word about racism. When I say hoarding I meant they just gather and do nothing with them. Agu, Awaziem, Eze and Yahaya are not yet in their first team. That does not tell me that Nacho would be a demi god by now.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
komekn:

Indeed his performances have exceeded those who have far more game time than him. He has been voted best right back in the championship several times.

His situation is unique Chelsea with its world class stars makes it very difficult if not near impossible for a young player to get an opportunity in the first team.

Consider Tega Abrahams first season in professional football in the Championship becomes arguably best striker in the Championship.

So game time cannot exceed pure quality and class.

Ilori for his very limited game time in England is still far behind Dominic Iorfa and Aina.

Yes! Game time can't exceed pure quality and class. In this case again Ilori is still far ahead of Dominic Iorfa and Aina(best right back in the 'championship') because with the little game time Ilori had in the Spanish LA liga he showed pure quality and class when he made the LA liga team of the weekweek (best CB in La liga) ahead of some of the best defenders in the world. Agreed!? grin

Remember, he didn't stop at that, he was listed twice on the best young talent of the week. grin

Now, be sincer. Which do you prefer btw best right back player in the championship or team of the week and best young talent of the week? grin

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/1y95y8/tiago_ilori_makes_the_team_of_the_week_for_la_liga/

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/04/16/talent-radar-best-young-players-team-of-the-week-april-2nd-week/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
safarigirl:
it's Rashford....I hate that boy ehn angry can't even stand hearing his name
why? is the fans u should have problems with not
not Rashford,he has not done anything wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Bojan's rep is U13, U15. At Barcelona senior team, the time he had his chance, he was not prolific. I watched all their games then. That was towards the end of Rijkaard's reign. Every time Gio got a chance, he performed. In his last game, he scored a hattrick. That preseason, Gio was even doing better than the trident of Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Henry.

Note, I said in their late teens. Bojan did not come close.

In Bojan's breakout season, he scored 10league goals, he was the youngest ever Barca goalscorer in La Liga, youngest starter etc etc. His problems started when Pep told him to go back to Barca B and he refused, yet whenever he played he scored enough, I wonder where you got the impression that he used to be poor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mickael2:

In Bojan's breakout season, he scored 10league goals, he was the youngest ever Barca goalscorer in La Liga, youngest starter etc etc. His problems started when Pep told him to go back to Barca B and he refused, yet whenever he played he scored enough, I wonder where you got the impression that he used to be poor

Prolific. Bojan was not Prolific (I did not say poor). Dos Santos was Prolific.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
komekn:

From the age of 15 Tega was the most technically gifted player in Tottenham's academy right up to the U23's he is now getting much needed game time in the championship.

I can see he is full of swagger and tricks but are we still able to lure him to play for us?

Same question for Solanke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
Of course we have some good players we are yet to invite in both the center-back and defensive midfield role.

Kog45:
My man u get eyes but to my surprise d guy is always on d list of players getting invitation,truth be told d guy lack d class.Hope Rohr find good backup for Balogun and Ekong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Tammy will play for Nigeria

forgiveness:

I can see he is full of swagger and tricks but are we still able to lure him to play for us?

Same question for Solanke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
Napoleon55:
why? is the fans u should have problems with not
not Rashford,he has not done anything wrong.
I know... I just dey vex
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mickael2:

Browse Dos Santos goal against Inter Milan during the preseason with Barcelona. I believe you will find it on YouTube. After the stars of Barca could not score, Dos Santos came in and showed quality. Bojan's ability is not close to Dos Santos. So there was no way he would have become a Barca top man. Not Guardiola telling him to play Barca B. Ability wise, I even saw Gai Assulin with a brighter talent than Bojan. Injury messed that guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:

How u take know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:

I was shocked today when the commentator in the Manchester United game called Rashford the future number 9 of England and called Pickford the future number one of England.

I thought to myself, is it that the English fans do not rate Tammy?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:
Of course we have some good players we are yet to invite in both the center-back and defensive midfield role.

I no even know which position Agbo dey play... He always gets invite, but I don't think he has played under Rohr undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
Alex Iwobi, third best today - versus Chelsea - in pass success rate.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I was shocked today when the commentator in the Manchester United game called Rashford the future number 9 of England and called Pickford the future number one of England.

I thought to myself, is it that the English fans do not rate Tammy?
Rashford is fully English, Tammy is not.

I think that's all there is to this

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
I can't remember Agbo playing under Rohr if memory serves me right. He's made the bench, yes.

Modified
He's played as a defensive midfielder most times. I remember him playing as CB a couple times when he was in Granada.

safarigirl:
I no even know which position Agbo dey play... He always gets invite, but I don't think he has played under Rohr undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:
I can't remember Agbo playing under Rohr if memory serves me right. He's made the bench, yes.

dem just dey use am for training then....he won't make it past this year.

We sha appreciate his contribution to the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2017
lol

safarigirl:
dem just dey use am for training then....he won't make it past this year.

We sha appreciate his contribution to the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Browse Dos Santos goal against Inter Milan during the preseason with Barcelona. I believe you will find it on YouTube. After the stars of Barca could not score, Dos Santos came in and showed quality. Bojan's ability is not close to Dos Santos. So there was no way he would have become a Barca top man. Not Guardiola telling him to play Barca B. Ability wise, I even saw Gai Assulin with a brighter talent than Bojan. Injury messed that guy.
so one goal scored against AC Milan in pre-season as a matter of fact shows more quality than a player who scored 10 league goals in his first season in 2007 when he was just coming from the under 17 world cup?! how does that sound to you?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:34pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:
Alex Iwobi, third best today - versus Chelsea - in pass success rate.

Iwobi, Ndidi, Balogun, Troost, Ebuechi, Moses, Simon and Ighalo are the only super eagle's player playing regularly and doing very well in their various clubs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:35pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Prolific. Bojan was not Prolific (I did not say poor). Dos Santos was Prolific.

dos Santos totalled how many goals and assists in his best season? I understand that your bias is because of the fact that dos Santos is a flashy player but that's just like saying that Robinho is a better talent than Messi because he is flashy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
forgiveness:

Iwobi, Ndidi, Balogun, Troost, Ebuechi, Moses, Simon and Ighalo are the only super eagle's player playing regularly and by doing very well in their various clubs.

Mikel, Etebo, Ogu and a lot of others guys are regulars too. the only two exemptions I can think about are Onazi and Elderson, easy to figure out why they are the weak link

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
Shehu as well. I'm sure he is a super regular grin Who else are you missing?
forgiveness:

Iwobi, Ndidi, Balogun, Troost, Ebuechi, Moses, Simon and Ighalo are the only super eagle's player playing regularly and by doing very well in their various clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
Exactly -- as regards those that are SE regulars, except Ogu.

Mickael2:

Mikel, Etebo, Ogu and a lot of others guys are regulars too. the only two exemptions I can think about are Onazi and Elderson, easy to figure out why they are the weak link
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:14am On Sep 18, 2017
Kog45:
yea u are right.In one of d friendly, Sweden beat us 3-1,Kanu played this match.

Loads of youngsters in that match.. Taribo, Kanu, Ojigwe etc played that match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:30am On Sep 18, 2017
komekn:

From the age of 15 Tega was the most technically gifted player in Tottenham's academy right up to the U23's he is now getting much needed game time in the championship.

I wonder why Poch prefers harry winks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:00am On Sep 18, 2017
Mickael2:

dos Santos totalled how many goals and assists in his best season? I understand that your bias is because of the fact that dos Santos is a flashy player but that's just like saying that Robinho is a better talent than Messi because he is flashy.

Ability on the ball. Bojan's ability was not up to the likes of Dos Santos. I watched them well at that time. Bojan was never going to be that top Barcelona player. It is not buying of players. Even at that time, Pedro was better than him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:02am On Sep 18, 2017
Mickael2:

so one goal scored against AC Milan in pre-season as a matter of fact shows more quality than a player who scored 10 league goals in his first season in 2007 when he was just coming from the under 17 world cup?! how does that sound to you?

I said watch it and see his ability. Bojan never had that kind of ability. There was no way Barca will leave him to be a regular player when Bojan lacked the quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:57am On Sep 18, 2017
Joebie:

i think Olamilekan Adeleye,stephen Eze and Ariwachukwu will be okay as backup for our oyibo wall
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:15am On Sep 18, 2017
Mickael2:

Yeah! You're right but I think Onazi's club is aware that his heart is no longer in the club and he will be gone in Jan hence the need not to put their mind on him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) (1530) ... (16336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), EEGA, LordTheus(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.