Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755764 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15350) (15351) (15352) (15353) (15354) (15355) (15356) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2023
Damioduso1:
Victor Boniface likely to pair with Victor Osmihen upfront for the afcon tournament in January according to the head coach Jose Pasiero
In a 3-5-2 I hope.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:52pm On Dec 21, 2023
Damioduso1:
I saw a report that Sebastian Haller of Ivory coast plays for Dortmund is currently injured may be ruled out of Afcon tournament in January please how true is this
Big blow for CIV
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2023
chrisooblog:
While we were the off 'air' it seems there was a civil war brewing on twitter between Nigerian sports journalists over the AFCON invitees leading to a serious home vs foreign based players debate

Home based players should wait for CHAN

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2023
villagereporter:

This Rivers united are apere United. They’ve lost all their away games. This make me ponder, are our present home based players as good as we promote them to be?

Good ke
Just wait for CHAN to start and you'll see if they'll even qualify

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
Philosopher1979:

There is no imbalance anywhere. With 3 forwards the opposing team will be occupied and the three midfielders will work hard.
We are very dangerous that way. Imagone simon boniface osimhen troubling any defence. The rest of the team just has to wirk hard. Iwobi pure am nwakali or alhassan yusuf as cm while Raphael Onyedika plays dm. All the midfielders should just load passed to the front three.
Defending wingers from opposing teams is oveerated.
IT WILL WORK MARK MY WORDS
It won't work. Its an imbalanced formation. It's either you play two wingers or none at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Rivers United lost 3-0 to Club African but former lobi stars striker Kingsley Eduwo scored a brace. A win is a win grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeUa9VCokQ0
Nigerian clubs are so weak. Especially when playing away. So bad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
elyte89:

And what’s wrong if we av our private numbers …u Dey hide something? cos I knw this is a big family
That's not the issue. Things sometimes get tense here especially when there is an argument. For security reason, it is better to be anonymous. Make some people no go dey track their opposers down.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2023
Philosopher1979:

There is no imbalance anywhere. With 3 forwards the opposing team will be occupied and the three midfielders will work hard.
We are very dangerous that way. Imagone simon boniface osimhen troubling any defence. The rest of the team just has to wirk hard. Iwobi pure am nwakali or alhassan yusuf as cm while Raphael Onyedika plays dm. All the midfielders should just load passed to the front three.
Defending wingers from opposing teams is oveerated.
IT WILL WORK MARK MY WORDS
All your opposition needs to do to hurt you is to bypass your press with long ball or excellent buildups. The only way it will work is if you're suggesting 433. You think the work of the wingers is to attack alone? They need to help their FBs. In your case, how are you going to do that with your 1 winger, 2 forwards logic?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
Africa's number 1 Chiamaka Nnadozie going up against Real Madrid in the UEFA Women's Champions League

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mED0AYQaab0

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tobichimezie: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2023
How the bloody hell did Emmanuel Dennis out of nowhere get selected over Akpom,, Ejuke or Gift Orban? why must every Nigerian team selection be marred with controversy and drama?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ppogbae:
If we are struggling for options in midfield, then Nwakali should have a look in - we have nothing to lose.

Quintessential Recipe for failure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
komekn:

Quintessential Recipe for failure.

What options do we have?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
lbrichman2:

Exactly
I also think he prioritizes grammar over message
There's no need to be unnecessarily verbose when you can pass your message in simple language
No wonder his posts mostly have low engagement

On the Nwakali issue,
I think Chavez genuinely lacks quality in their team
Only Nwakali seems to be consistently posting above average performances
My consolation is that he is doing what he needs to do to secure a move out of that team after this season
He should get a good agent that works his socks off
Nwakali is good enough for mid table teams in the Laliga and Bundesliga atleast
They will appreciate his skillset

His team is very poor and so are his team mates and he is also there because he is very poor.

Chávez FC is the worst team in Portuguese league , they have won only three games two of those games when their opponents had players sent off .

They have the highest goal deficit of -22 in the league as well as the highest numbers of games lost. You can't be great and your team from day one had been in relegation.

Nwakali was poor in the Segunda Division and getting paid peanuts he is even getting paid less in Chavez. There is a reason why for 8 years he has not been able to get quality club and respectable wages imagine €2k a week or less in Chavez, that's peanuts.

All this misinformation about stats is like Yahoo misleading and deceit. He is not among the five highest paid players in Chavez and certainly not the best players in the team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2023
Icon4s, TheSuperNerd, Joebie, Andsungorilla, Charlesemeka85, Kog45, Thegoodjoe, Chriskels, Bascovanveli, Komekn, Mujtahidarobosky02, chrisooblog, Odunayaw, lovewins, Majoribanks, Deltamani, forgiveness, mostob, davep, do4luv14, Jhiday, confun, DrLikita12, safarigirl, meliforme, enomaakos, global, drklever, melvinity, elyte89, andrewbaba444, darkelf, bluelf, AkinDS, icon79, Ppogabe, Truidstarr, BankyGee, Villagereporter, comodo, typicalgamer, bannedlargedx2, TheLoneCitizen, Daniyaya, Klexycole, kennysville, nairalandankrah, isan, Ibrichman2,zoboizee, Tobichimezee, caprikon, starboytwo, metaljigsaw, humility33, yinkeys, maidaboi, jieta, samueltemi337, M7even, chuks404, samtol4, Napoleon55, COOL10, Tolulopefinest, cornoak, Clint02, Philosopher1979

Make una vote o

https://www.nairaland.com/7944696/2023-nairaland-nigeria-football-fans

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
Danielnino00:
Icon4s, TheSuperNerd, Joebie, Andsungorilla, Charlesemeka85, Kog45, Thegoodjoe, Chriskels, Bascovanveli, Komekn, Mujtahidarobosky02, chrisooblog, Odunayaw, lovewins, Majoribanks, Deltamani, forgiveness, mostob, davep, do4luv14, Jhiday, confun, DrLikita12, safarigirl, meliforme, enomaakos, global, drklever, melvinity, elyte89, andrewbaba444, darkelf, bluelf, AkinDS, icon79, Ppogabe, Truidstarr, BankyGee, Villagereporter, comodo, typicalgamer, bannedlargedx2, TheLoneCitizen, Daniyaya, Klexycole, kennysville, nairalandankrah, isan, Ibrichman2,zoboizee, Tobichimezee, caprikon, starboytwo, metaljigsaw, humility33, yinkeys, maidaboi, jieta, samueltemi337, M7even, chuks404, samtol4, Napoleon55, COOL10, Tolulopefinest, cornoak, Clint02, Philosopher1979

Make una vote o

We can vote? I thought we were exempt from voting?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
komekn:

His team is very poor and so are his team mates and he is also there because he is very poor.

Chávez FC is the worst team in Portuguese league , they have won only three games two of those games when their opponents had players sent off .

They have the highest goal deficit of -22 in the league as well as the highest numbers of games lost. You can't be great and your team from day one had been in relegation.

Nwakali was poor in the Segunda Division and getting paid peanuts he is even getting paid less in Chavez. There is a reason why for 8 years he has not been able to get quality club and respectable wages imagine €2k a week or less in Chavez, that's peanuts.

All this misinformation about stats is like Yahoo misleading and deceit. He is not among the five highest paid players in Chavez and certainly not the best players in the team.

I don't know where you get your sources from..But mine is showing that Nwakali is actually among the highest paid player at Chaves,a and definitely not earning urgent 2k per week. Also, Chaves are among the top 10 teams in Portuguse top flight in terms of wage structure

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

We can vote? I thought we were exempt from voting?

Technically, you can still vote; also, technically, you're exempted from voting. grin grin

I don't think committee members have ever been exempted from voting before
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

Technically, you can still vote; also, technically, you're exempted from voting. grin grin

I don't think committee members have ever been exempted from voting before
Final answer, make I vote?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

Make una vote o

Done.

P.S. There is a high chance that this site will go down again. I am highly suggesting to the elders of this forum that we deliberate on a potential second home as a contingency plan. Someone has already mooted Telegram, which I am in favor of.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

Make una vote o

done!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ppogbae:

Done.

P.S. There is a high chance that this site will go down again. I am highly suggesting to the elders of this forum that we deliberate on a potential second home as a contingency plan. Someone has already mooted Telegram, which I am in favor of.

Telegram is the way forward

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2023
⚪️⚫️ More on Tosin Adarabioyo. There was no fresh proposal from Fulham to sign new deal yet — nothing has been decided at this stage.

All scenarios are currently open. Tosin will take his time to decide — several clubs still hope to sign him as free agent.

#Fabrizio
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Final answer, make I vote?

Yes sir!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2023
Done.

Danielnino00:

Make una vote o

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ppogbae:

Done.

I'm in favour of the idea of opening a telegram channel also.

Also, I think, regardless of whether or not this site goes down, we can run both the telegram channel and this thread simultaneously. It all depends on preference..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
Tobichimezie:
How the bloody hell did Emmanuel Dennis out of nowhere get selected over Akpom,, Ejuke or Gift Orban? why must every Nigerian team selection be marred with controversy and drama?

No one will convince me otherwise...hands were greased
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2023
Telegram will take away and be the death of this thread and for that reason it is discouraged.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

I don't know where you get your sources from..But mine is showing that Nwakali is actually among the highest paid player at Chaves,a and definitely not earning urgent 2k per week. Also, Chaves are among the top 10 teams in Portuguse top flight in terms of wage structure
So this guy and Charles have been feeding us lies since?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2023
elyte89:

If I may ask ,what will u have done different if u re in nff ? I just want to hear …cos me sef no sabi

Firstly, seek to strengthen our local leagues

revamp the root that is in our leagues from the first division to the lower leagues. This way we can get the rich to invest in it in form of club ownership e/t/c/

Then secondly, insist that every NPFL club must have a functioning/budding academy or they will be deregistered. Ensure that monthly checks are carried out to ensure those academies are actually training and churning out youngsters

Next, ensure that the most promising coaches are sponsored for international coaching courses. This will ensure modern tactics are introduced into the game.

Furthermore, a good portion of NFF budget should support state governments in school footballing events. This is another breeding ground for young talents. Many footballing talents may not be discovered via leagues or academies but through this avenue.

NFF ought to decentralize its powers. There should be regional sub-NFF bodies to ensure Pan-National football development. Each region should have its own committee members drawn from ex-internationals. Their roles will include discovering and nurturing young talents. This will reduce the outcry of any region been more represented in national teams than others. We will now watch each region develop at their pace and this will foster healthy competition

Also, I feel the LMC should be run by ex-football stars that actually played in the NPFL for their entire career. They have a better appreciation of issues sorrounding the NPFL

My 2 cents.. This is in no way exhaustive. Lest I forget, presidency has to increase NFF budget small...although the current NFF chiefs has to perform well to justify why there should be an increment

Note that my suggestions are for both male and female national team football

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
zuchyblink:
Chances of winning the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations according to Artificial Intelligence Statistics.

It should be Morocco, Egypt, then Senegal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

Make una vote o

Done
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2023
Base on match schedule for the afcon tournament in January. If the super eagles finished first in group A ahead of the host national they will play the 3rd best team in group D. But if the super eagles finished Second they will play the second best team in group c where we have Cameroon, Senegal, Guinea and Gambia . If the super eagles finished 3rd in there group they will likely face the 1st position in group B or C base on caf match schedule for round of 16 For the upcoming afcon tournament in ivory coast

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15350) (15351) (15352) (15353) (15354) (15355) (15356) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: yemyke001(m), zicky(m), elyte89 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.