Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688479 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15379) (15380) (15381) (15382) (15383) (15384) (15385) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
ChrisKels:

How does this correlate with asking him to act his age, you this charlatan?

Where in the post you quoted was his age ever made fun of? Growing old is a bliss but it even more when you act it.

Lmao why are you taking this serious ?

You no see Wetin I reply?

No carry this your gra gra enrer 2024 sha

Snort man devil grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

So una still Dey select players wey una go speak for ?
Una never still change for this thread ?
Lmao
Wetin this one dey talk

You know how many times I don praise Bassey here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2023
It is quite unfortunate that the recent spate of attacks on our foreign-based pros is coming mainly from quack journalists of Yoruba extraction!
They are all over the internet crying about foreign-born players Cos one Sodiq guy, who wouldn't even start for a D1 club in Denmark, is putting in crosses to strikers to score against some of the worst defenders in the world.
Especially that Elegbetetv or what is he called? Our sporting space is filled with so many unintelligent folks and it is disheartening!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2023
ChrisKels:

You don't know how glad I am he made that decision, especially after their last match?

Any idea why he was chosen to man the post against Bologna? Was the supposed first choice goalkeeper on the bench?
no idea at all, maybe he was rewarded for his hard work in training by his club’s coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
Marjoribanks:
It is quite unfortunate that the recent spate of attacks on our foreign-based pros is coming mainly from quack journalists of Yoruba extraction!
They are all over the internet crying about foreign-born players Cos one Sodiq guy, who wouldn't even start for a D1 club in Denmark, is putting in crosses to strikers to score against some of the worst defenders in the world.
Especially that Elegbetetv or what is he called? Our sporting space is filled so many unintelligent folks and it is disheartening!
bro off mic abeg Mk u no too loud am 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2023
ChrisKels:

Peace
udo nwanne
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
My good bro! D tin weak me!
charlesemeka85:
bro off mic abeg Mk u no too loud am 🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:10pm On Dec 31, 2023
komekn:

Quality, Creative players do not remain in dead teams season after season and in poor quality clubs with poor quality players. In the case of Nwakali for the past 8 years.

Chávez has a -23 goal 🥅 deficit after 15 games loosing 11 and winning just 3 ,two by sheer luck because players were sent off.

Why is a quality player in a dead team getting €2k or less a week.😨. Because he is too good.

Why did world class players like Okocha, Allan saint maximin, Aiyegbeni, Giovinco, Mitrovic, Ben Arfa play for dead teams

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2023
codemaniacs:

Why did world class players like Okocha, Allan saint maximin, Aiyegbeni, Giovinco, Mitrovic, Ben Arfa play for dead teams
aside jay jay others wey u mention na world class players for eyes Abi?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Atleast Giovinco played for Juve, Mitrovic played for Anderlecht, Newcastle and Fulham, the Yak played for Maccabi Haifa,Pompey,Everton,Boro and Blackburn, Ben Arfa player for PSG,Newcastle,hull city, Lyon, Marseille,Bordeaux and currently with lille

U dey use players wey mk name for top European leagues and played in UEFA club completions dey make case for ekuke wey dey jump from relegation threatened clubs to 2nd tier clubs, u funny die 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Your favourite wey u Dey hype upandan here don ever play for club wey don play UECL qualifiers before?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:48pm On Dec 31, 2023
Tessyy1701:

I have done that in the write up you quote..

Sodiq Ismail over Awaziem
gbam!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
Tessyy1701:

I have done that in the write up you quote..

Sodiq Ismail over Awaziem
I knw the angle u re coming from 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oya rest 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2023
Is Gift Orban invited for AFCON?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
aside jay jay others wey u mention na world class players for eyes Abi?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Atleast Giovinco played for Juve, Mitrovic played for Anderlecht, Newcastle and Fulham, the Yak played for Maccabi Haifa,Pompey,Everton,Boro and Blackburn, Ben Arfa player for PSG,Newcastle,hull city, Lyon, Marseille,Bordeaux and currently with lille

U dey use players wey mk name for top European leagues and played in UEFA club completions dey make case for ekuke wey dey jump from relegation threatened clubs to 2 tier clubs, u funny die 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Your favourite wey u Dey hype upandan here don ever play for club wey don play UECL qualifiers before?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dominic Solanke, Jordan Ibe, Seyi Ojo, Carles Elena, Van Ginkel, Patrick Bamford, Marko Marin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
Marjoribanks:
My good bro! D tin weak me!

May they wait for CHAN qualifiers
This home based players go see ball play shey dey wan play ball?

The only exclusion that pains me was the home based goal keepers.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mowah: 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2023
chrisooblog:
Based on our current player availability this is my starting Xl for AFCON.

Inshallah

Osayi Inshallah Bassey Zaidu

Onyeka Ndidi Iwobi

Boniface Osimhen Inshallah/Moses Simon?
Interesting.............. just curious to know why most people don't realize Aina is the best RB and LB currently in that team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2023
oloriooko:
Is Gift Orban invited for AFCON?

No, dropped
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:54pm On Dec 31, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Especially that Elegbetetv or what is he called? Our sporting space is filled with so many unintelligent folks and it is disheartening!
the tribal mention is not really necessary. Most of these journalists you mention are people just like basco. Their main work and career has been dedicated to covering the npfl so it's not surprising to see them fighting for local players who they feel should make the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
Amedino99:
the tribal mention is not really necessary. Most of these journalists you mention are people just like basco. Their main work and career has been dedicated to covering the npfl so it's not surprising to see them fighting for local players who they feel should make the team.
nah, they re more like forgiveness 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
forget about been in my 40s or 50s

Some folks here makes it look like they pray every match day for certain players to hv a bad outing on the pitch. If you haven’t noticed that I hv and can easily list names of those players witch hunted here

I say things the way I see them without sugar coating it

No be here we dey few days ago wey one guy carry Bassey matter for head just because Fulham conceded 3 Abi 4 goals? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But what is the difference between what you do to Nwakali and what you're accusing others of doing?
Abi yours is more justifiable?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
Danielnino00:

But what is the difference between what you do to Nwakali and what you're accusing others of doing?
Abi yours is more justifiable?
what I do to nwakali?

Ok, lessen the hype around him n I will be 🤫

Atleast since wey dem drop am frm afcon team everybody don quiet 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Moreover I can’t witch hunt someone that I can’t waste my data to stream his team’s matches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
Will VAR be used at AFCON? Just curious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Elegbete TV owner is Edafe Matthew EseOghene who is watching and following NPFL with keen interest

Izuchhckwu Akawor was the one pushing for Sodiq Ismail but with Osayi and Aina I don't see any reason for Sadiq.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mowah: 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
Cecco90:
25 man list is out
From this list one problem we are going to have is that Jose Peseiro is actually naive in AFCON affairs and for the first time since Berti Vogts in 2008, We'll be going to AFCON without a coach with prior experience. In AFCON, naivety can be more costly than mediocre tactics. Jose's selection is based on pedigree, but in AFCON it is quite important you select players you'll need, we needed more midfielders, but Jose thinks its more of the level you play than who can actually do the job. in reality, a second division player will outshine a premier league superstar as long as its AFCON or African football affairs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
If Peseiro insists on playing a two man attacking formation at the AFCON,then somebody need to drum it into his ears that 3-5-2 is our best formation for that... With 4-4-2 we will be disgraced at the tournament..
For God's sake, in this age and time, no top team play 4-4-2 anymore....

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
hatakekakashi:
Nacho wasn't listed in Leicester squad yesterday because of injuries. It'll be painful if he doesn't go to CIV and he'll be missed. To me after Osimhen, Nacho is our only other reliable forward.

Then if this your position is to be true then we are essentially FINISHED.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:10pm On Dec 31, 2023
Kog45:
Elegbete TV owner is Edafe Matthew EseOghene whois watching and following NPFL with keen interest

Izuchhckwu Akawor was the one pushing for Sodiq Ismail but with Osayi and Aina I don't see any reason for Sadiq.

Most of these journalists are just fighting for their pocket..
Inviting NPFL players to the super eagles will only hurt the league more because these NPFL guys after one or two call up to the narional team will be marketing themselves to foreign teams. Most times, its the backwater leagues of Arab, Eastern Europe, Asia and North Africa that they end up..
These journalists should channel more energy into getting more private sector participation in our local football... Thats what it needs to grow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
codemaniacs:

I don't like insults but you are making comparison of Okocha, Allan saint maximin, Aiyegbeni, Giovinco, Mitrovic, Ben Arfa players who have played at the.highest levels been outstanding. To Nwakali by comparison a minnow, non entity who his claim to fame is U17 football accolades ⚽ 8 years ago.

Would you call that intelligence 🤔❓or something more derogatory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
Danielnino00:

Most of these journalists are just fighting for their pocket..
Inviting NPFL players to the super eagles will only hurt the league more because these NPFL guys after one or two call up to the narional team will be marketing themselves to foreign teams. Most times, its the backwater leagues of Arab, Eastern Europe, Asia and North Africa that they end up..
These journalists should channel more energy into getting more private sector participation in our local football... Thats what it needs to grow
you said it all 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2023
komekn:

I don't like insults but you are making comparison of Okocha, Allan saint maximin, Aiyegbeni, Giovinco, Mitrovic, Ben Arfa players who have played at the.highest levels been outstanding. To a minnow non entity who is claim to fame is U17 football accolades ⚽ 8 years ago.

Would you call that intelligence 🤔❓
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:00pm On Dec 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
no idea at all, maybe he was rewarded for his hard work in training by his club’s coach

Just discovered that the supposed first choice - Silvestri was dropped due to poor form, and unless Maduka messes up, he is Udinese’s new numero uno

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:12pm On Dec 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Lmao why are you taking this serious ?

You no see Wetin I reply?

No carry this your gra gra enrer 2024 sha

Snort man devil grin

grin grin grin grin grin

andrew my guy

been a while brother

Hope you're doing okay

Happy New Year in advance

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15379) (15380) (15381) (15382) (15383) (15384) (15385) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.