Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11678345 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15381) (15382) (15383) (15384) (15385) (15386) (15387) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 10:46am On Jan 01
safarigirl:

No, dropped

Why? Is he injured or not good enough for SE, why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:58am On Jan 01
Starting on good and solid note!

Happy New Year to forumites!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:11am On Jan 01
Blueelf:

Lollll

Just like I warned

Danielninho was one of the guys[b][/b] clamoring for Gerard to take over

andrewbaba44:

Happy new year

Osimhen won the apoty ooo

Please where is Danny that we once told that Steven Gerard will not be a good coach for Liverpool ?

Man is even struggling as a coach in Saudi grin

We have been over this before...
I never clamoured for Gerrard to take over at Liverpool..
The man was doing well with Rangers and rumours surfaced that he would be a replacement for Klopp.. I gave reasons why I felt it woule be a good idea...
There's no need to twist it to look like i ran a campaign to support his appointment as Liverpool coach..
Make una find something else to use to bond....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:18am On Jan 01
The bolded was mischievous not a mistate. Not his first time.
That chap will ruin SE AFcon if that stubborn coach start him. I watched his game recently where he replaced the club first choice goal keeper in a match and damn it Uzoho was very pathetic i was very ashamed as a Nigerian.
charlesemeka85:
shameless no be small

Till this day I still Dey remember that stare ndidi gave him after his mistake against Saudi

I swear if na me I go rush am blow 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:19am On Jan 01
Danielnino00:

The man was doing well with Rangers and rumours surfaced that he would be a replacement for Klopp.. I gave reasons why I felt it woule be a good idea...
There's no need to twist it to look like i ran a campaign to support his appointment as Liverpool coach..

Lmao

Just reminding because he is already failing at saudi after he got send parking from Aston Villa

Happy new year bro

Cheers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:29am On Jan 01
The bolded made me spill my cup of tea... grin. Lets wait and see...
Danielnino00:
If Peseiro insists on playing a two man attacking formation at the AFCON,then somebody need to drum it into his ears that 3-5-2 is our best formation for that... With 4-4-2 we will be disgraced at the tournament..
For God's sake, in this age and time, no top team play 4-4-2 anymore....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:35am On Jan 01
Dont really think it will be worse than Uzoho practically throwing an aimless cross into his own net or allowing a very weak 35m shot go under him into his net. Uzoho is a very wack goal keeper.
Joebie:
Wahala fit dey either tways

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:41am On Jan 01
Marvin Anieboh and Charles Ondo will face their fatherland Nigeria in Equatorial Guinea colour

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:34pm On Jan 01
ChrisKels:

Lookman is going to Inter Milan in the summer.
yea Inter wants him too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:35pm On Jan 01
AIG07:

wow, I love this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:44pm On Jan 01
safarigirl:

No, dropped

Greetings first lady
and Happy new year ma'am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:20pm On Jan 01
AIG07:

The best news of the year for Nigerian sport. Only a trophy win can eclipse this. I hope those old bags don ruin the mood.

Ghana going to Afcon with twice the size of our midfield. Says alot about how our coach and nff thinks. Smh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:23pm On Jan 01
dijon:
Dont really think it will be worse than Uzoho practically throwing an aimless cross into his own net or allowing a very weak 35m shot go under him into his net. Uzoho is a very wack goal keeper.
That guy should not be given any special treatment. We should not be rewarding mediocrity with such a crucial aspect of any title winning team. If we do that, then we all need to apologize to Maduka.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:38pm On Jan 01
chrisooblog:
Wow never thought I would see the day. From never really rating Iheanacho to predicting doom and gloom if he doesn't make the AFCON

Never change Komekn and Happy New Year's blessings to you and your family

Happy 😃 🆕 YEAR 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣4️⃣

It seems my brief comment is ambiguous, let me be clear.

I have NEVER RATED KC as a top quality number 9 in the past and present.

My comment is alluding to the fact that if you think KC is key to AFCON success then we are finished.

When Leicester got relegated, many have tried to create frivolous mathematical probability theories. That the problem of KC is game time, l said NO , he is not good enough.

It was suggested that when Leicester City got relegated he would very quickly become a top goal scorer in the Championship. As he is master marksman and a deadly striker, in addition it would be easier for him, etc. I said, No, rather that he would be exposed and his true quality will be seen.

It's half way through the Championship season, he has played 19 game's out of 25 and he is now joint 34th top goal scorer with 5 goals in the Championship so far.

He is now injured it seems and him being fit for the AFCON a bit doubtful 🤔.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:39pm On Jan 01
Amedino99:
nah. He is still on the kome path. He is basically saying if we rely so much on a player he considers rubbish, then we are truly finished.

Essentially yes .

I think KC is a very good forward player but far from excellent and top quality, but not rubbish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:46pm On Jan 01
Danielnino00:

Let me speak to you as an insider to some degree.

Gerrard was not a good coach at Liverpool U18 a good motivator but coach questionable.

The brains behind him was a humble guy called Michael Beale, who was in charge of U12 development phase Liverpool FC. He was previously the assistant Manager at Sao Paulo in Brazil in my opinion an excellent coach, strategist and motivator of players.

Gerrard induced him to Glasgow Rangers and he was the brains behind the scenes. When Gerrard moved to Aston Villa Beale left him to QPR and it went all wrong for Gerrard and he got exposed.

Beale is now at Sunderland who have a very good foreward thinking Chair with big ambitions for quality football ⚽ and an ambition to be in the EPL

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:50pm On Jan 01
daveP:

The best news of the year for Nigerian sport. Only a trophy win can eclipse this. I hope those old bags don ruin the mood.

Ghana going to Afcon with twice the size of our midfield. Says alot about how our coach and nff thinks. Smh

Ghana that had a certain Mohammed Kudus, ripping the EPL, well we should not worry we have the midfield maestro Nwakali.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 2:03pm On Jan 01
komekn:

Ghana that had a certain Mohammed Kudus, ripping the EPL, well we should not worry we have the midfield maestro Nwakali.
So which one does SE have ripping the EPL that was shelved for the maestro?

E be like that guy de worry you for dream wella sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:09pm On Jan 01
komekn:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:12pm On Jan 01
mowah:

From this list one problem we are going to have is that Jose Peseiro is actually naive in AFCON affairs and for the first time since Berti Vogts in 2008, We'll be going to AFCON without a coach with prior experience. In AFCON, naivety can be more costly than mediocre tactics. Jose's selection is based on pedigree, but in AFCON it is quite important you select players you'll need, we needed more midfielders, but Jose thinks its more of the level you play than who can actually do the job. in reality, a second division player will outshine a premier league superstar as long as its AFCON or African football affairs.
I agree. We saw during the last Afcon how goalkeepers playing in their various local leagues pulled off sterling performances. No pedigree but they got the job done.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:12pm On Jan 01
Juventus is reportedly considering evaluating the status of Atalanta's 26-year-old winger, Ademola Lookman.

@Ekremkonur
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:12pm On Jan 01
komekn:

😂😂😂😂

Nwakali wasn't picked now. Haba you wan start new year vawu sha. My fears is prior for the Gk department anyways.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:16pm On Jan 01
Calvin Bassey looks destined for a bigger team soon. Dude has been immense since moving to LCB position, and I pray he doesn't let up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:21pm On Jan 01
daveP:

Your second paragraph isn't entirely true because Ghana listed their wingers/wing forwards as midfielders. That said, JP should leave this team as soon as the AfCon is over because I can't just get why he decided to go with 25players when he could take 27

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 2:22pm On Jan 01
maidaboi:
May it brings us the AFCON trophy
Saw what you did there 😏🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:26pm On Jan 01
ChrisKels:
Calvin Bassey looks destined for a bigger team soon. Dude has been immense since moving to LCB position, and I pray he doesn't let up.
sure he will. Many do forget that he is still very young with huge potentials to become top class LCB in the nearest future
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:27pm On Jan 01
daveP:
😂😂😂😂

Nwakali wasn't picked now. Haba you wan start new year vawu sha. My fears is prior for the Gk department anyways.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:30pm On Jan 01
Amedinho you talk am o grin

KC is a very good player on his day and it will be a big blow if it turns out he can't make it to the AFCON but he's not indispensable.

Nigeria has more than enough talent to go the distance without him but the huge question mark is the tactical and technical depth of our coaching crew or lack thereof.

komekn:

Happy 😃 🆕 YEAR 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣4️⃣

It seems my brief comment is ambiguous, let me clear.

I have NEVER RATED KC as a top quality number 9 in the past and present.

My comment is alluding to the fact that if you think KC is key to AFCON success then we are finished.

When Leicester got relegated, many have tried to create frivolous mathematical probability theories. That the problem of KC is game time, l said NO , he is not good enough.

It was suggested that when Leicester City got relegated he would very quickly become a top goal scorer in the Championship. As he is master marksman and a deadly striker, in addition it would be easier for him, etc. I said, No, rather that he would be exposed and his true quality will be seen.

It's half way through the Championship season, he has played 19 game's out of 25 and he is now joint 34th top goal scorer with 5 goals in the Championship so far.

He is now injured it seems and him being fit for the AFCON a bit doubtful 🤔.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:33pm On Jan 01
Victor Osimhen at RCCG parishto Lagos for crossover night to 2024.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:35pm On Jan 01
Fantastic news. I trust him not to watch any goalkeeper produce nonsense in training and recommend he should be number one.

AIG07:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:39pm On Jan 01
problem is Uzoho can pull nice saves.. but concedes stupid goals. Nwabali, may be a matter of experience.
dijon:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:40pm On Jan 01
good news for the future!
AIG07:

(1) (2) (3) ... (15381) (15382) (15383) (15384) (15385) (15386) (15387) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sojious, kingphilip(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.