Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11607713 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15474) (15475) (15476) (15477) (15478) (15479) (15480) ... (16125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:25pm On Jan 16
BascoVanVeli:

Fight no be muscle matter. Samu go clear am comot grin
Rubbish! Make he channel that energy into working on himself. His market value is slowly dwindling!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:26pm On Jan 16
ThunderFireAgba:

Thank you for this comment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:27pm On Jan 16
BascoVanVeli:

Do I have to go there? Roma and Napoli are they mates
I was wondering too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:30pm On Jan 16
humility33:

Una don start thank God say Jpes nor dey nairaland sha

Please Jpes should stick to the formation and style of play adopted against EQG. But rather start Chuks instead of Simon and Bassey instead of Sanusi

Thank you
That's all we need
Same structure, same formation
We will definitely create chances
They just need to put on their scoring boots
I'm also looking forward to seeing how Nwabili will fare against better opposition
For some reason I strongly feel we will win that game

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:33pm On Jan 16
yinkeys:

He’s now 25 o
Iheanacho now 27
It’s Boniface thats 23, who has time on his side

If this generation of Eagles don’t win Afcon in 2 years they should forget about winning the trophy in this cycle

A bunch of new talents would come to take over after 2026 World Cup

Nigeria needs a solid 12 year plan for the u17 generation players to win senior football World Cup
If only we’ve got committed NFF officials

Drogba did not win the Afcon yet his legend is still intact.
Relax, Osimhen will come good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:33pm On Jan 16
MetalJigsaw:
Omoh😯 You're right o. The guy is just too light. And his teammates need to protect him on the pitch.

He needs to protect himself! No be size ooo. Some small men na small pepper ooo. Them go take you on like badger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:36pm On Jan 16
Mujtahida:

He needs to protect himself! No be size ooo. Some small men na small pepper ooo. Them go take you on like badger.
Bebeto of Brazil pepper big size footballers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:36pm On Jan 16
Damioduso1:
Alhassan Yussuf doubtful for eagles match on Thursday against Cote D'Ivoire the host . Raphael Onyedika shoud fill that position. Which is important against the ivorian

If true, then onyedika should play DM while onyeka plays the b2b role which Alhassan excelled in on Sunday

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:36pm On Jan 16
typicalgamer:

Don’t you dare say anything about my mindset

My point is you and i have no influence over there it’s their mindset that’ll define if the generation is a flop or not

But one thing is certain you can’t do anything about it as a fan so we both should rest

Enter the field if you think that’s your role

Teach peseiro if you think that’s your role

Our role is to spectate, cheer and jest nothing more

I don’t know where mindset comes into play in this

How does this correlate with the post I quoted?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:38pm On Jan 16
MetalJigsaw:
Rubbish! Make he channel that energy into working on himself. His market value is slowly dwindling!

I personally don't think Chuks can do better than AC Milan he already is in
If he ups his game, he can become a real leader in that team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 3:44pm On Jan 16
Our midfield needs to be on there A game against Cote D'Ivoire on Thursday. The strength of the ivorian is the midfield with Fafana, Sangore and kesee once we can dictate that midfield area. Then we have a chance against them on Thursday

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:44pm On Jan 16
yinkeys:
Nigerian Football Fans
Please where is Sunday Mba
We need video interviews

Maybe he could come tell the present Eagles how to win this tournament grin
Brown Ideye already gave his advice on what to do making reference to 2013 Afcon and his submission was each player must play for the team,nothing more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:52pm On Jan 16
ThunderFireAgba:

Don't use weather as an excuse please..
In Europe they play under freezing conditions and dem no complain, when they come to Africa, they complain of the weather. Were they the first of their kind to play under hot sun?
I've played in the afternoon under a 40c weather on a hot astro-turf pitch for more than 2hrs non stop. No breaks( them too had break intervals)
Do what you love to do with no excuses.
Even people wey dey knack under hot humid room no dey complain.

Not everyone can play under such. The impact of heat compared to snow is different as well. Our coach wasn't even playing yet was drenching himself several times. Regardless of diverse opinions sha, it will impact some players. The other examples are linked to pleasure now😆
But i get you.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:56pm On Jan 16
Samueltemi337:
For me I will prefer we play a 3-5-2 against Cote d'Ivoire

Nwabili

Ajayi
Ekong
Bassey

Osayi
Onyeka
Yusuf
Aina
Iwobi

Osimhen
Lookman

Let Lookman play behind Osimhen. Or another play. Any 2 upfront without Emenike-Ideye Chemistry no cut am for me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:56pm On Jan 16
Burkina Faso and Mauritania dishing us hot football in the sunny afternoon. Goalless in HT.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:01pm On Jan 16
Samueltemi337:
That still doesn't change the fact that he didn't take them to the champions league

Do you honestly know what you are saying

where was Roma when Jose took over?? how much had he spend Dia,

He didn't had to spend $billions6to win them an European trophy, and of not for that stupid English refree, he would had made it 2/2

So what honestly are you saying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 4:10pm On Jan 16
I just hope we win or draw that thursday match, we wont see too many chances like we saw against EQG, that game will be similar to Gha vs Nig away in Kumasi (world cup qualifiers)…na once once we go dey get free breakaways into their box 18 area…CIV will most likely boss the midfield..its gonna be a tough one for us🤦🏽‍♀️

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 4:10pm On Jan 16
typicalgamer:

No be same weather Algeria take they play for Europe too but 33mins in a night match all of them don they breathe through mouth

Everyone is not equal

Ok, No problem. But why did they choose to use Dubai as their camping ground?
Is snow falling there or is the weather the same as Europe?
They played their first game winning by 12 -0. We didn't hear about humidity.
Their 2nd campaign ended in a loss.
Reason: They didn't use their 1st 11.
Now a draw with their opponents is blamed on humidity.
Excuses upon Excuses!
Nigerians never cease to amaze me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 4:12pm On Jan 16
daveP:

Not everyone can play under such. The impact of heat compared to snow is different as well. Our coach wasn't even playing yet was drenching himself several times. Regardless of diverse opinions sha, it will impact some players. The other examples are linked to pleasure now😆
But i get you.
Forget that clown of a coach( na pressuredey worry am), na him way.
Always making a mole out of nothing, next time you will see him arguing with the Lines man and the Referee...and drawing unnecessary attention to himself like him dey work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16
ThunderFireAgba:

Ok, No problem. But why did they choose to use Dubai as their camping ground?
Is snow falling there or is the weather the same as Europe?
They played their first game winning by 12 -0. We didn't hear about humidity.
Their 2nd campaign ended in a loss.
Reason: They didn't use their 1st 11.
Now a draw with their opponents is blamed on humidity.
Excuses upon Excuses!
Nigerians never cease to amaze me.

Keep that 12-0 to yourself

NNL team defeated a Dubai base team 16-1 last year

And you’re telling me i should be impressed with super eagles defeating a division 3 team 12-0 😂 you’re on some cheap high stuff

Like uzoho said if e easy go make oyinbo man sign u shikena

You’re clearly more durable than the players why don’t you get on the field and show em how it’s done
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16
ChrisKels:

How does this correlate with the post I quoted?

How does mindset correlate to with my post

Oya start essay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:21pm On Jan 16
Na how SA go lose to Mali de my mind for the night games grin

Badbelle sweet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:21pm On Jan 16
lbrichman2:

Thank you
That's all we need
Same structure, same formation
We will definitely create chances
They just need to put on their scoring boots
I'm also looking forward to seeing how Nwabili will fare against better opposition
For some reason I strongly feel we will win that game
Yes Bro

Jpes will find himself to blame if he doesn't repeat same formation and structure.

The only problem is Simon and Chuks
No one knows when they'll play well most of the time they play nonsense but on a good day they give a man of match performance. That's why whoever get to start is tricky

Just pray we win on thursday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:23pm On Jan 16
Odunayaw:
Na how SA go lose to Mali de my mind for the night games grin

Badbelle sweet
Mali and Senegal are one of the most organised team in this mundial. Offensively mali is good.

I rate them as underdogs to lift the trophy

They've been coming close for sometime now I believe this year maybe their year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:24pm On Jan 16
ThunderFireAgba:
5 TACTICAL TWEAKS JOSE PESEIRO MUST MAKE IN BLOCKBUSTER CLASH AGAINST IVORY COAST.

Sern test awaits Nigeria with familiar foes Cote d'Ivoire in their second group game at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

Having come unstuck in a 1-1 draw against Equatorial Guinea in the first match, manager Jose Peseiro cannot afford to stick rigidly to flawed formulas this time.

With Cote d'Ivoire boasting compactness in defense, speed and clinical instincts in attack, Peseiro must move quickly to shore up Nigeria's backbone.

Meanwhile unleashing his enviable arsenal of forwards requires the right balanced platform.

Here are 5 tactical tweaks the Portuguese tactician must make to outfox Cote d'Ivoire and get their AFCON campaign back on track:

1. Shore up central defence

Cote d'Ivoire's attacking trio of Nicolas Pepe, Sebastian Haller and Jeremie Boga carry game-breaking qualities demanding concentrated defending.

As such, Peseiro would be wise to install a more reliable center-back pairing of William Troost-Ekong and Calvin Bassey straight away.

Their aerial prowess, positional sense and recovery pace equip them best to counteract Cote d'Ivoire's individual brilliance.

2. Unleash refreshing fullback threats

Getting caught short in wide areas hampered Nigeria previously. To solve this, Ola Aina and Zaidu Sanusi must be granted license to attack as flying fullbacks.

Both are supremely comfortable in advanced areas and offer much-needed width to stretch Cote d'Ivoire laterally.

3. Add steel and energy to midfield

Against Cote d'Ivoire's projected midfield triangle of Ibrahim Sangaré, Seko Fofana and Franck Kessié, Peseiro must reinforce his midfield spine.

The tireless running of Alhassan Yusuf alongside either Frank Onyeka's combativeness or Alex Iwobi's technique presents the best solution to compete through the middle.

4. Playing with two center forwards

Rather than persisting with pairing a lone striker with a wideman as seen in the first game, pairing talisman Victor Osimhen alongside Paul Onuachu would immediately test an uncertain Ivorian center-back pairing.

Osimhen's pace and movement combines ideally with Onuachu's size, strength and aerial threat for a striker partnership with everything.

The twin threat will demand concentrated attention, creating space for others

5. High and aggressive defensive line

As tempting as sitting deep against Cote d'Ivoire's individual threats seems, this plays into their hands.

Pepe and Jeremie Boga enjoy isolating fullbacks in wide channels to run at. Meanwhile Haller is given the space he craves to pick up second balls.

Instead, pushing Bassey and Ekong into higher starting positions prevents Cote d'Ivoire's front three receiving in their preferred pockets.

Ejim Kaycee
AllSoccerNigeria.
Nice insights. This clearly suggests the 352 that is perfect for this team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 4:44pm On Jan 16
Damioduso1:
Our midfield needs to be on there A game against Cote D'Ivoire on Thursday. The strength of the ivorian is the midfield with Fafana, Sangore and kesee once we can dictate that midfield area. Then we have a chance against them on Thursday
I guess we need kelechi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:45pm On Jan 16
Samueltemi337:
For me I will prefer we play a 3-5-2 against Cote d'Ivoire

Nwabili

Ajayi
Ekong
Bassey

Osayi
Onyeka
Yusuf
Aina
Iwobi

Osimhen
Lookman
I agree with you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:48pm On Jan 16
humility33:

Una don start thank God say Jpes nor dey nairaland sha

Please Jpes should stick to the formation and style of play adopted against EQG. But rather start Chuks instead of Simon and Bassey instead of Sanusi
You're both right. Both formations almost serve the same purpose- Shore up the midfield and defence.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:51pm On Jan 16
Starboytwo:
I guess we need kelechi
Iwobi is okay for a start Nacho can come in the 2nd half
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:52pm On Jan 16
typicalgamer:

Bro no use ignorance deceive yourself weather is a huge huge factor so don’t go there

No Npfl player can play 90mins on the snow without bleeding from the nose

You forgot that they were water breaks during the World Cup abi ?

No be for your present frank kessier faint under the hot sun during drills

You forgot that our players no longer base on home and the sun is not an advantage to us anymore
I don't think you read his post well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:53pm On Jan 16
yinkeys:

I agree with your analysis
He can make magic happen
They may not win it but he can take them to the finals if he does his magic
Especially with the team they’ve got.
One of these 3 teams would win it
Inter, Real Madrid or Man City
What of Bayern Munich?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:02pm On Jan 16
typicalgamer:

Oga even if this generation no pass group stage for the next 3 afcon nothing go happen

2016 to 2022 Belgium 🇧🇪 golden generation didn’t achieve anything

They were rated number 1 team for almost 6 years straight without actually winning anything
Now everybody don old sky no fall

Na Nigeria when nobody aside it’s fans send na world won take end
At least they won bronze...

And the fact that the Belgian team never won any competition 😂does not mean we should use that console ourselves. Remember they were not the only team stacked with high quality players. France, Portugal, England Spain... Its not like they stood out in terms of individual quality. Hard luck and managerial shortcomings also came into play

(1) (2) (3) ... (15474) (15475) (15476) (15477) (15478) (15479) (15480) ... (16125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kingphilip(m), dymusty86, Hanibal(m), ChrisKels, mostob(m), chrisooblog, TheSuperNerd(m), Kingjite1 and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.