Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11600271 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15477) (15478) (15479) (15480) (15481) (15482) (15483) ... (16123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:32pm On Jan 16
Danielnino00:
Alhassan has been ruled out of Thursday game as a precautionary measure..

Peseiro will likely draft Aribo to replace him..
I would have preferred Onyedika. Onyeka is not as defensively good as Onyedika.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:33pm On Jan 16
So far so good, Namibia women are topping the log. Naija bottom of the league.
If you don't Gerrit forgerrit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:37pm On Jan 16
Danielnino00:

Ah, Aribo bawo. Onyeka can't shield the defence o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 8:39pm On Jan 16
Joebie:
I watched the naija vs EG full match, and I don’t think we did badly. Also, I think the spate of substitutions in the team list leading to the AFCON may be a blessing in disguise. Alhassan, Onuachu, Moffi will all come good.

Observatiins from the EG game:
1. Osimhen will improve in his decision making as the tourney progresses

2. Zaidu is not fully fit. Peseiro should have played Bassey at LB. Bassey gives us better options going forward.

3. The Iwobi, Onyeka, Alhassan chemistry will improve and our forwards will continue to get good support from the rear.

4. Iheanacho was highly needed in that game. He is the kind of player that mends things if all fails.

5. Nwabili was solid in confidence level. Will his confidence level stay up there against CIV?

Cc.joebie

Do you have a link where I can rewatch the game ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:40pm On Jan 16
Samueltemi337:
All these ones Na initial gra gra

Underdog nor dey win anything

🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 8:42pm On Jan 16
typicalgamer:

Normally it’s mostly our boys that gets snap up during tourneys like this

But now it’s any team that does well against us their key players get snap up by clubs

So are we now the yardstick like is this progress or regress ?? 🤔

Why do you say *US*. lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:46pm On Jan 16
Danielnino00:

True, I would have preferred a midfield trio of Onyeka, Onyedika and Iwobi with Aribo on the bench. Kind of like how we played in the 1st half against Mozambique. Onyeka to be roaming to and fro and Onyedika shielding the defence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:47pm On Jan 16
minfelix:

does my comment sound defeated as the one you churn out day in day out here?.
our Game against Ghana in Kumasi shey dem beat us? im only saying CIV will obviously wanna boss the midfield, doesn’t mean they will beat us…we dominated EQG in first match wetin score end for?…oga me i cant give up and be doing olote up and down as you are doing your own

teats

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:49pm On Jan 16
Samueltemi337:
How many Italian clubs dey spend billions on transfer

How much did Napoli spend the season they won the Scudetto

Roma fans are asking for a top 4 finish and he couldn't achieve that all through his time there so he deserves the sack 100%

Nothing you sabi, billions, Napoli, Top 4,
Nothing you sabi,

infact I can't wastey time replying you again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:02pm On Jan 16
akwesenana:

A goalless draw against the Ivoriens and a heavy win against Bissau should be enough.

There will be goals in that game
A goalless draw is highly unlikely
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 9:02pm On Jan 16
Team haters don land.

Mali should help score like 3.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:03pm On Jan 16
MetalJigsaw:
If its Aribo then wahala dey o. I prefer onyedika.

Aribo and Iwobi lack workrate and agility. Peseiro shouldn't try it o.

Aribo get work rate o
Though I'll prefer if Onyedika comes in as DM and we push Frank to b2b, but I don't mind Aribo at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:08pm On Jan 16
M7even:

Why do you say *US*. lol.

Ai gone rogue 🙄
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dankorode(m): 9:18pm On Jan 16
Penalty for south Africa oo,he missed!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:19pm On Jan 16
Tau don blow penalty

grin I don nearly faint with Badbelle laugh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:23pm On Jan 16
After one person go wan chook Osimhen talk. See how this one kill bird with shot, instead of back of net...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:31pm On Jan 16
No, I’m sorry. I had to subscribe to FUBO TV which has BEIN Sports among their channels. Na their free trial I dey now.

Omanambala:

Cc.joebie

Do you have a link where I can rewatch the game ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mkrest(m): 9:35pm On Jan 16
BREAKING: Super Eagles defensive midfielder Osayi-Samuel Bright has been poisoned in Abidjan just few days to Cote D'Ivoire clash and has been immediately ruled out of the game.

The NFF Medical team are yet to ascertain the extent of the food poisoning...
More on this to come.......

Copied from Facebook
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:36pm On Jan 16
Odunayaw:
Tau don blow penalty

grin I don nearly faint with Badbelle laugh

it was balablu penalty grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 9:36pm On Jan 16
Mhen, AFCON has really improved. I'm enjoying this Mali vs South Africa game.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:36pm On Jan 16
mkrest:
BREAKING: Super Eagles defensive midfielder Osayi-Samuel Bright has been poisoned in Abidjan just few days to Cote D'Ivoire clash and has been immediately ruled out of the game.

Copied from Facebook

na which kain play be this one nah, if dem no wan play again make dem talk o haba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:38pm On Jan 16
RSA vs Nig WCQ in June go tough..SA knows how to knock ball wella
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 9:42pm On Jan 16
My observations from our first AFCON game
Defence
Peseiro got it wrong here by playing two sweepers I.e Ajayi and Ekoong, who are poor in ball playing.I mean they are not ball playing central defenders.
Recommendation:He should pair one of them along side Kenneth Omeruo who is the only ball-playing central defender in the team because we need a central defender who can comfortably carry the ball to the midfield.

Midfield
Peseiro started the game with 3 midfielders;Onyeka,Yusuf and Iwobi which is a wrong midfield trio.He started Onyeka in the Defensive midfield role, when he should have been deployed as a b2b midfielder.This is because Onyeka to me is more of a box 2 box midfielder and is always on the bench for Brentford this season.He has barely clocked 350mins of action this season.
Recommendation:Raphael Onyedika should be deployed in the Defensive midfield role for he has been starting all games for Club Brugge this season, including in the Europa league.
He comfortably carries the ball from the defence into the midfield in a majestic way and with accustomed ease.Remember the game against Mozambique.

Attack
He started Moses Simon on the RW instead of Chukwueze.
Recommendation:Chukwueze has a strong left foot and can comfortably shoot from the right unlike Moses Simon who has been playing on the LW for Nantes FC in France.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:42pm On Jan 16
If this is the same RSA that Nigeria will play in world cup qualifiers than we need to up our game oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:45pm On Jan 16
EEGA:
Defence
Peseiro got it wrong here by playing two sweepers I.e Ajayi and Ekoong, who are poor in ball playing.I mean they are not ball playing central defenders.
Recommendation:He should pair one of them along side Kenneth Omeruo who is the only ball-playing central defender in the team because we need a central defender who can comfortably carry the ball to the midfield.

Midfield
Peseiro started the game with 3 midfielders;Onyeka,Yusuf and Iwobi which is a wrong midfield trio.He started Onyeka in the Defensive midfield role, when he should have been deployed as a b2b midfielder.This is because Onyeka to me is more of a box 2 box midfielder and is always on the bench for Brentford this season.He has barely clocked 350mins of action this season.
Recommendation:Raphael Onyedika should be deployed in the Defensive midfield role for he has been starting all games for Club Brugge this season, including in the Europa league.
He comfortably carries the ball from the defence into the midfield in a majestic way and with accustomed ease.Remember the game against Mozambique.

Attack
Recommendation:Chukwueze has a strong left foot and can comfortably shoot from the right unlike Moses Simon who has been playing on the LW for Nantes FC in France.

This is where Jordan Tourinagha would have been effective. Na waya for NFF & Jpes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Moniter0: 9:54pm On Jan 16
MetalJigsaw:
If its Aribo then wahala dey o. I prefer onyedika.

Aribo and Iwobi lack workrate and agility. Peseiro shouldn't try it o.
Aribo does well sheilding the defence. And it is not as if there's no Frank "the tank". Playing Frank and the other guy at the same time will be too defensive and leaving only Iwobi with the creative work against a team like Ivory Coast. Such is not advisable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:55pm On Jan 16
Maybe in another game. But as far as EG game is concerned, we didn’t NEED a ball playing CB.

Moses Simon had a good shot that could have been a goal. We have seen Simon play averagely even at LW. I don’t think it was a positional issue for Moses.

I thought Chukwueze was subbed in early enough to have made an impact

I didn’t see issues with our midfield. They were probably not played in their best roles but the midfield did very well to help our forward kill the game.

I agree we would need tweeking playing bigger teams. But I’m judging from EG performance

EEGA:
Defence

Midfield

Attack

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 9:59pm On Jan 16
Danielnino00:

Source??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16
House
anyone from Ibadan here?? Hope He/She is Safe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:02pm On Jan 16
mkrest:

Copied from Facebook
Samuel is a RB na. Na only Samuel chop? others nko?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:08pm On Jan 16
Joebie:
I watched the naija vs EG full match, and I don’t think we did badly. Also, I think the spate of substitutions in the team list leading to the AFCON may be a blessing in disguise. Alhassan, Onuachu, Moffi will all come good.

Observatiins from the EG game:
1. Osimhen will improve in his decision making as the tourney progresses

2. Zaidu is not fully fit. Peseiro should have played Bassey at LB. Bassey gives us better options going forward.

3. The Iwobi, Onyeka, Alhassan chemistry will improve and our forwards will continue to get good support from the rear.

4. Iheanacho was highly needed in that game. He is the kind of player that mends things if all fails.

5. Nwabili was solid in confidence level. Will his confidence level stay up there against CIV?

Where did you watch the replay?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:18pm On Jan 16
Mali is a goal 🔥🔥❤️❤️❤️❤️

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15477) (15478) (15479) (15480) (15481) (15482) (15483) ... (16123) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: poshemmanuel(m), TheSuperNerd(m), Samueltemi337(m), mkrest(m), Lyster360, lbrichman2, kentebemoney and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.