Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11600703 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15486) (15487) (15488) (15489) (15490) (15491) (15492) ... (16123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 12:38pm On Jan 18
Kog45:
Peseiro stopped Sadiq from training based on who's advice? medical team or his personal decision.

Peseiro waited for Iheanacho to be fit but can't wait for ordinary knock.It's sad that a player with a knock left camp but was fit to play for his club,meaning someone want him out,used the knock to achieve his agenda.

Do we now say NFF forced Sadiq on Peseiro or medical team don't want Sadiq abi they are holding brief for Moffi.

As you said this issue must be investigated and possible apologize to Sadiq cuz he was forced out.

Very true. I should have made it clearer that the theory included Peisero not wanting Sadiq too. Which considering the Iheanacho angle you just raised seems plausible. Whether Peisero or the NFF, truth is they did Sadiq wrongly. To be clear Sadiq isn't even my preference and I kinda prefer onuachu to him as he brings a different skillset to the CF role. I also felt Sadiq just returning from injury should have stayed to fight for a starting role in his club especially now that she's scored a couple of goals back to back. I however think he wasn't treated right and once you've called up a player respect them enough to stick to them.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 12:39pm On Jan 18
Marjoribanks:
You get! It was criminal how Matudi got away with that tackle without even a yellow card!

This make it worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:46pm On Jan 18
Tessyy1701:

This make it worse

I nearly enter TV, go beat shit komot for that refree head, when you consider that Keita was Given a straight red for something less
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 12:47pm On Jan 18
yinkeys:
Very ridiculous no home based players made the list of team
Why was Peseiro going to watch local games then
This is ridiculous
EQG got a draw from foreign based super eagles

Mr Yinkus, we are all here when some "senior analyst" said they are not good enough cox they didn't qualify for CHAN
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18
jihday:
don’t know about Zaidu but Aina is a decent crosser of the ball

Bro he’s not consistent at all

Last year it was the pitch now we should be dropping low budget Alexander Arnold crosses

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18
lovewins:

Very true. I should have made it clearer that the theory included Peisero not wanting Sadiq too. Which considering the Iheanacho angle you just raised seems plausible. Whether Peisero or the NFF, truth is they did Sadiq wrongly. To be clear Sadiq isn't even my preference and I kinda prefer onuachu to him as he brings a different skillset to the CF role. I also felt Sadiq just returning from injury should have stayed to fight for a starting role in his club especially now that she's scored a couple of goals back to back. I however think he wasn't treated right and once you've called up a player respect them enough to stick to them.
The medical team should be investigated.Awoniyi was nearly denied U17 camp invitation in Calabar after he won MVP in U15 Coca Cola summer camp in UK based on advice of doctor attached to the team but Manu Garba told him pointblank he was in charge.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:52pm On Jan 18
Joebie:
I watched the naija vs EG full match, and I don’t think we did badly. Also, I think the spate of substitutions in the team list leading to the AFCON may be a blessing in disguise. Alhassan, Onuachu, Moffi will all come good.

Observatiins from the EG game:
1. Osimhen will improve in his decision making as the tourney progresses

2. Zaidu is not fully fit. Peseiro should have played Bassey at LB. Bassey gives us better options going forward.

3. The Iwobi, Onyeka, Alhassan chemistry will improve and our forwards will continue to get good support from the rear.

4. Iheanacho was highly needed in that game. He is the kind of player that mends things if all fails.

5. Nwabili was solid in confidence level. Will his confidence level stay up there against CIV?

Timing your runs to avoid going offside you learn in your club and league not in the national team for a two week tournament.

Zaidu is all effort without end product and no football intelligence. I rather have Aina there and Osayi in RB with Bassey and Ekong as CB's

Alhassan runs and runs has no physicality and has very limited innovation and creativity to change games. It's a reflection of how poor the midfield is that he stood out against a supposedly low level Guinea. Onyeka is a water carrier just a lot stronger 💪🏿 and way more stamina than Alhassan. You need invention, creativity and unpredictability. The only innovation and goals in midfield will come from Aribo and Iwobi.

KC is highly not needed in the squad. He is not match fit, recovering from injury and struggling in the Championship many said he would dominate. ln reality he has been struggling to score more than 5 goals a season for the past three seasons. That's not a forward player in form.

I prefer Nwabili highly motivated to prove all the doubters wrong and claim the number one spot from a faltering Uzoho.

Ademola VO with who else neither Moses or Chukwueze have not been overly convincing , although Moses covers better defensively than Chukwueze.

It's got to be 4-3-3 in my opinion.

As it stands the squad depth is poor and this is a grueling physically draining tournament.

The CIV midfielders have goals and innovation plus work rate and physicality. I think we have better attacking options up front but not overwhelmingly.

A key issue no passengers on the CIV bench or players holding in to past glories. Our selection was abysmal but it is what it is.

It's going to be very tough 😔 on paper CIV are better and have home advantage highly motivated with a better manager IMO.

But it's football ⚽ anything can happen, my heart ❣️ is with Nigerian na luck 🤞🏿 we need to win. Hopefully CIV get man sent off in the first 10 minutes and we can win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:59pm On Jan 18
typicalgamer:

Nobody is blaming iwobi
But you forget how Nigerians vent out their frustrations

Iwobi is the only complete player in the team who can do everything at every position at the highest level
Attack
Midfield
Defend
Iwobi can do it all he’s a utility player

Don’t let Apoty fool you we know osimehn is the star
But iwobi is the heart ❤️ and creative force in the team

We know of his qualities that’s why fan’s always expect Jay Jay magic from him

Agreed without question ❓

Apart from Aribo I don't see any creative innovative technique led midfielders the rest are water 💦 carrier albeit hard working ones.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 1:00pm On Jan 18
komekn:

A team that can drop Zaha should not be dismissed.
Abeg no dey confuse us. Zaha was not dropped because others were better than him. It was beyond football reasons. Abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:02pm On Jan 18
yinkeys:

As a 6
I mean to not know the position of a 6 says a lot
cheesy angry grin
Not everyone here that comments knows football thoroughly
A lot are new followers of the game
I will not bother arguing with people henceforth here

Nigerians need to forget that game because it was played at harsh 2pm by foreign based players
The truth can’t be refuted though, Iwobi is the best foreign based midfield creative player Nigeria has amongst these bunch

End 🔚 of discussion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:04pm On Jan 18
typicalgamer:

Bro he’s not consistent at all

Last year it was the pitch now we should be dropping low budget Alexander Arnold crosses
The consistent crosser of the ball in eagles history is Finidi George now assistant coach.I expect him to give the wingers more lesson on it.Well against EG we had decent crosses and one led to a goal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:04pm On Jan 18
Omanambala:

As far as I am concerned, Iwobi is not a midfielder and doesn't have the capacity to create play for the SE. We have been watching that boy for over s decade and he practically brings nothing to the table. Iwobi is a liability to the SE. He is harming is more than hell. The man walks around the pitch all day doing nothing and suddenly makes one little pass and he will be celebrated like a hero. He is a pretender and has nothing to offer the SE.

Go and get a new 🆕 TV I think it's analogue and black and white
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18
Strugglingman:
LOL
Sir, how sure are u that he'd be able to identify them ?
Oga naija dey watch ball o especially those boys wey dey sell jersey..dem sabi players o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:12pm On Jan 18
Kog45:
The consistent crosser of the ball in eagles history is Finidi George now assistant coach.I expect him to give the wingers more lesson on it.Well against EG we had decent crosses and one led to a goal.

What lessons, you don't come to the national team to Learn but DELIVER, what you have been doing your club and league week in and week out.

I've said this a thousand times, crossing the ball is a basic skill set learned at Academy level.

I digress because it's no use crying 😭 over spilled milk. But Fisayo, Tella, Akpom, should definitely be in this team. But we brought passengers.

Look at CIV bench no passengers even Zaha did not make the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:12pm On Jan 18
comodo:

Abeg no dey confuse us. Zaha was not dropped because others were better than him. It was beyond football reasons. Abeg

I just know he was dropped please tell us why
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 1:22pm On Jan 18
komekn:

What lessons, you don't come to the national team to Learn but DELIVER, what you have been doing your club and league week in and week out.

I've said this a thousand times, crossing the ball is a basic skill set learned at Academy level.

I digress because it's no use crying 😭 over spilled milk. But Fisayo, Tella, Akpom, should definitely be in this team. But we brought passengers.

who be Zaha again? The one in crystal palace or turkey?? Abegii.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 1:24pm On Jan 18
komekn:

But it's football ⚽ anything can happen, my heart ❣️ is with Nigerian na luck 🤞🏿 we need to win. Hopefully CIV get man sent off in the first 10 minutes and we can win.
na 11 vs 11 we go play. We don't need any man sent off.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:27pm On Jan 18
grin

We sha must beat CIV today, coz if we don't eh?! LOL!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:29pm On Jan 18
komekn:

Finidi learnt it from where?I watched live video of Finidi in eagles camp in Papendal and saw how Westerhoff taught him basic things about crossing.

Amokachue said something about Aina.He said Aina has everything to be a great wing back.He got the skill,power and ability to cross and all he need is confidence to express himself more on the field.

Aina had one assist through cross to Osimhen in one of eagle's matches and check EQG match he made pinpoint crosses to Osimhen but with Finidi watching and part of the coaching team,all he need to do is calling Aina by saying you are a better crosser than me,you can do it....this is just to boost his confidence.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:30pm On Jan 18
Kog45:

Everyone can cross the ball perfectly in training

It’s during the intensity and make or break moments in matches that’s how a star is born

So far no eagle player has shown to be able to deliver 4/5 perfect balls into the box 18

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:31pm On Jan 18
If Ivory Coast 🇨🇮 defeats us today…Dey shld sack peisero on d spot and let finidi finish d tournament 🏟️

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18
Starboytwo:
who be Zaha again? The one in crystal palace or turkey?? Abegii.

I’d take him over Simon Moses though 🌚

He was a leader at palace none of our player has ever been a franchise player to build a team around aside osimehn

You want to compare a role player with zaha why na bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:35pm On Jan 18
elyte89:
If Ivory Coast 🇨🇮 defeats us today…Dey shld sack peisero on d spot and let finidi finish d tournament 🏟️

Calm your tits no big team can humiliate us in Africa i repeat no top 5 team can humiliate us in Africa

If we we’re to loose it’ll be by one goal margin nothing more

But today we’re not gonna loose abs peseiro (aka Pablo Escobar lite) isn’t getting sacked
Because eagles will soar high

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:37pm On Jan 18
typicalgamer:

Everyone can cross the ball perfectly in training

It’s during the intensity and make or break moments in matches that’s how a star is born

So far no eagle player has shown to be able to deliver 4/5 perfect balls into the box 18
Hope you remember football is 90 minutes game and not that easy dropping crosses into opponent box but few crosses should be utilized like Osimhen did with Lookman cross,against EQG the crosses are enough but Osimhen was not in his best.

If we can improve on that we should beat CIV
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:38pm On Jan 18
typicalgamer:

Calm your tits no big team can humiliate us in Africa i repeat no top 5 team can humiliate us in Africa

If we we’re to loose it’ll be by one goal margin nothing more

But today we’re not gonna loose abs peseiro (aka Pablo Escobar lite) isn’t getting sacked
Because eagles will soar high
Sincerely,am okay with a draw than losing today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:52pm On Jan 18
Oasis007:
grin

We sha must beat CIV today, coz if we don't eh?! LOL!
Provided Lookman and Simon bombard the Civ defense with quick crosses and an incoming iwobi or nacho for rebound, then we can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:56pm On Jan 18
Paserio going for 343/352/532 today.

Ekong Ajayi Bassey

Aina Onyeka Sanusi

Lookman Iwobi Chukwueze

Osimhen

or
Ekong Ajayi Bassey

Aina Onyeka Aribo Sanusi

Iwobi

Lookman Osimhen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:58pm On Jan 18
yinkeys:

Bright complained of food poisoning
Then Bruno should start ahead of Sanusi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 2:00pm On Jan 18
typicalgamer:

I’d take him over Simon Moses though 🌚

He was a leader at palace none of our player has ever been a franchise player to build a team around aside osimehn

You want to compare a role player with zaha why na bro
even komekn himself don't rate the Turkish league, so why even mentioning some Zaha playing there??

Same Zaha that cannot be a franchise player in Man utd, but can dribble everybody for palace. Till date, the community shield he won in Man utd is the only silverware of his "franchise career" nothing else won. He didnt even play upto 5 games for united. Compare with Simon Moses, Belgian champion with KAA Gent 14/15. Belgian Super cup 15/16. Slovak champion 13/14. Slovak Cup winner 13/14. French cup winner with Nantes, 21/22.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:04pm On Jan 18
minfelix:

i see a draw, especially since its a group stage game and against a west african rival…if it were to be the knockout stage, omo them go do anything to beat us.
If it were those North African host oga wether group stage or knockout stage them go fine way beat us
It eas a joke though but hopefully we will defy all odds and win. And if we draw, could 2013 AFCON be repeating itself?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:07pm On Jan 18
Kog45:
Hope you remember football is 90 minutes game and not that easy dropping crosses into opponent box but few crosses should be utilized like Osimhen did with Lookman cross,against EQG the crosses are enough but Osimhen was not in his best.

If we can improve on that we should beat CIV

EQG had more team cohesion than we did and we struggled against them , we relied on individual ability than team play.

If we struggled against EQG , it's going to be a long day against a team with home advantage.

However, the pressure is on CIV not Nigeria to impress the home fans. I want to believe SE players know that this game is do or die and will be fully committed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18
Tessyy1701:

Mr Yinkus, we are all here when some "senior analyst" said they are not good enough cox they didn't qualify for CHAN
And where is the lie? In what way have the homebased players shown they're ready for the national team? Infact, any home based player that got called up will just use the SE as stepping stone to sign for one club in Kuwait or Kazakhstan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15486) (15487) (15488) (15489) (15490) (15491) (15492) ... (16123) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lelion, Zellas, comodo, elyte89, Dcypher, shawwal1(m), opes and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.