Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11723222 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15487) (15488) (15489) (15490) (15491) (15492) (15493) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:17pm On Jan 18
Starboytwo:
na 11 vs 11 we go play. We don't need any man sent off.
Imagine how a supposedly UK man who has visited every academy in UK is analyzing match. I just tire for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:18pm On Jan 18
Starboytwo:
even komekn himself don't rate the Turkish league, so why even mentioning some Zaha playing there??

Same Zaha that cannot be a franchise player in Man utd, but can dribble everybody for palace. Till date, the community shield he won in Man utd is the only silverware of his "franchise career" nothing else won. He didnt even play upto 5 games for united. Compare with Simon Moses, Belgian champion with KAA Gent 14/15. Belgian Super cup 15/16. Slovak champion 13/14. Slovak Cup winner 13/14. French cup winner with Nantes, 21/22.

Zaha contract expired and he went for the money 🤑 and ended up in Galatasaray.

One of the best forward player in the EPL consistently Outstanding in the EPL apart from when he had problems with an inept David Moyes at Manchester United when he was 19/20.

It was rumoured he was doing the DO with Moyes daughter that caused all kinds of issues.

He is still wantrd by several EPL clubs and it's an insult to compare him to Moses Simon.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oboto700(m): 2:23pm On Jan 18
komekn:

Timing your runs to avoid going offside you learn in your club and league not in the national team for a two week tournament.

Zaidu is all effort without end product and no football intelligence. I rather have Aina there and Osayi in RB with Bassey and Ekong as CB's

Alhassan runs and runs has no physicality and has very limited innovation and creativity to change games. It's a reflection of how poor the midfield is that he stood out against a supposedly low level Guinea. Onyeka is a water carrier just a lot stronger 💪🏿 and way more stamina than Alhassan. You need invention, creativity and unpredictability. The only innovation and goals in midfield will come from Aribo and Iwobi.

KC is highly not needed in the squad. He is not match fit, recovering from injury and struggling in the Championship many said he would dominate. ln reality he has been struggling to score more than 5 goals a season for the past three seasons. That's not a forward player in form.

I prefer Nwabili highly motivated to prove all the doubters wrong and claim the number one spot from a faltering Uzoho.

Ademola VO with who else neither Moses or Chukwueze have not been overly convincing , although Moses covers better defensively than Chukwueze.

It's got to be 4-3-3 in my opinion.

As it stands the squad depth is poor and this is a grueling physically draining tournament.

The CIV midfielders have goals and innovation plus work rate and physicality. I think we have better attacking options up front but not overwhelmingly.

A key issue no passengers on the CIV bench or players holding in to past glories. Our selection was abysmal but it is what it is.

It's going to be very tough 😔 on paper CIV are better and have home advantage highly motivated with a better manager IMO.

But it's football ⚽ anything can happen, my heart ❣️ is with Nigerian na luck 🤞🏿 we need to win. Hopefully CIV get man sent off in the first 10 minutes and we can win.
pls.. mention 3 cotedivoire midfielders for me.. I would wait.. nonsense.. cotedivoire won't make it pass the quarter finals

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 2:27pm On Jan 18
Base on history any time the super eagles defeat Ivory coast Nigeria go on to win the afcon 1994 & 2013 . Could history repeat itself in this afcon figure cross

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:51pm On Jan 18
Damioduso1:
Base on history any time the super eagles defeat Ivory coast Nigeria go on to win the afcon 1994 & 2013 . Could history repeat itself in this afcon figure cross
you no even let match start, you don dey drop stat
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:51pm On Jan 18
Starboytwo:
even komekn himself don't rate the Turkish league, so why even mentioning some Zaha playing there??

Same Zaha that cannot be a franchise player in Man utd, but can dribble everybody for palace. Till date, the community shield he won in Man utd is the only silverware of his "franchise career" nothing else won. He didnt even play upto 5 games for united. Compare with Simon Moses, Belgian champion with KAA Gent 14/15. Belgian Super cup 15/16. Slovak champion 13/14. Slovak Cup winner 13/14. French cup winner with Nantes, 21/22.

Zaha is overrated... He hasn't made any impact for Ivory Coast since he started playing for them.. thats why it was very easy for them to drop him for another player..
Truth is that countries like Ivory Coast,Senegal, Mali,Morocco, Guinea, Burkina Faso and the other francophone African countries hardly lack talented players due to their relationship with France that makes it easier for migrants from those countries to enter France..Unlike the UK with strict migrant policy...
Also, I say it without apology that France breeds better player than England...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 2:53pm On Jan 18
komekn:

I just know he was dropped please tell us why
https://www.afrik-foot.com/en-ng/afcon-2023-why-zaha-was-dropped-by-ivory-coast
The guy brings negative vibes to the team
Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:03pm On Jan 18
Starboytwo:

Can any of those teams beat crystal palace

No be say Belgium 🇧🇪 when Paul onuachu turn to Sundays league but premier is a whole different ball game

Zaha and Moses Simon is an insult and a dent to the man’s legacy

Moses Simon who ?
Because we no get options na make we they carry Moses Simon o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:08pm On Jan 18
do4luv14:

I nearly enter TV, go beat shit komot for that refree head, when you consider that Keita was Given a straight red for something less
This naughty Mikel talking everywhere now was the vice captain that day. Even Giroud elbow his teeth instead of him to protest it and call for booking he was busy laughing and joking with Giroud and co

That day I told my guys that Mikel has inferiority complex and it was evident
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:10pm On Jan 18
komekn:

Agreed without question ❓

Apart from Aribo I don't see any creative innovative technique led midfielders the rest are water 💦 carrier albeit hard working ones.
So Aribo is more creative than Iwobi ?

Komekn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:11pm On Jan 18
Danielnino00:

Zaha is overrated... He hasn't made any impact for Ivory Coast since he started playing for them.. thats why it was very easy for them to drop him for another player..
Truth is that countries like Ivory Coast,Senegal, Mali,Morocco, Guinea, Burkina Faso and the other francophone African countries hardly lack talented players due to their relationship with France that makes it easier for migrants from those countries to enter France..Unlike the UK with strict migrant policy...

I don't like the word breed it's condescending and smacks of a slavery mindset.

France had the policy of assimilation with it's colonies and treated Africans as French citizens. The British had the demeaning policy of Divide ➗ and Rule or if you like create divisions and separate with contention.

You have far better racial mix of coaches and decision makers in French football ⚽. This makes a huge impact on players selection and development.

I have watched PSG academy play at several tournaments 95% of the players are black 🖤. You will only find something comparable like that at Arsenal and Chelsea.

The Zaha situation doesn't add up for me , yes his French is not great ( in order to relate you must communicate) there is much more to this 😮 in my opinion.

For those who said Zaha has limited impact for CIV see clip below ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d2LQhy-H1g?si=iBZcFOtnEKT0_Xpz
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:12pm On Jan 18
humility33:

So Aribo is more creative than Iwobi ?

Komekn

That's not what I said .

Outside of Iwobi the most creative innovative midfielder in the current squad is Aribo IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:14pm On Jan 18
mostob:
And where is the lie? In what way have the homebased players shown they're ready for the national team? Infact, any home based player that got called up will just use the SE as stepping stone to sign for one club in Kuwait or Kazakhstan

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:15pm On Jan 18
komekn:

That's not what I said .

Outside of Iwobi the mist creative innovative midfielder in the current squad is Aribo IMO.

From the midfielders in the team
You're right except we're going to list Nacho as a midfielder

Mind you
Onyeka
Onyedika
Yusuf are all CM and CDMs respectively.

Only Iwobi and Aribo are CAMs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:20pm On Jan 18
Gift Orban has passed his medical with Lyon and signed his contract.

Deal until 2028. Transfer amount: €13M.

(Source: Fabrizio Romano)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 3:24pm On Jan 18
Samueltemi337:
Gift Orban has passed his medical with Lyon and signed his contract.

Deal until 2028. Transfer amount: €13M.

(Source: Fabrizio Romano)
First good news of Thursday evening. More good news on the way. Fasten ur belts.🇳🇬🇳🇫🇳🇬

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:25pm On Jan 18
EQG 1nil up!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 3:33pm On Jan 18
If we get a draw against CiV then I will respect the coach. It will be a tall order to beat this CIV

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 3:33pm On Jan 18
Marjoribanks:
EQG 1nil up!
Hope we do not end up at the bottom of the group o

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:34pm On Jan 18
Danielnino00:

Zaha for club and country vs Simon Moses for club and country.

Abeg There is no argument here pls. You're doing like Simon do much for country. But can he replicate Zaha EPL form? No argument here.

I sha pray we see wingers that are good finishers and teamplayers. Or solely make things happen alll by themselves. I prefer the latter. Till then, this argument is no dey. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 3:42pm On Jan 18
Marjoribanks:
EQG 1nil up!
EQ Guinea must not win this match, else we could find ourselves in a very tight situation qualifying to the next round
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:46pm On Jan 18
grin

1 - 1 for now. VAR really let GB down, coz that's pk to me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:50pm On Jan 18
Damioduso1:

Not enough events to create a pattern
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:53pm On Jan 18
typicalgamer:

Can any of those teams beat crystal palace

No be say Belgium 🇧🇪 when Paul onuachu turn to Sundays league but premier is a whole different ball game

Zaha and Moses Simon is an insult and a dent to the man’s legacy

Moses Simon who ?
Because we no get options na make we they carry Moses Simon o
to them all top tier leagues na the same 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:57pm On Jan 18
Oboto700:
pls.. mention 3 cotedivoire midfielders for me.. I would wait.. nonsense.. cotedivoire won't make it pass the quarter finals
I once rated the CIV team but after watching their first game with EG I had a rethink

If the super eagles play well CIV will be mauled in the presence of their fans

The only decent player i see in their team is Fofana. kessie is past his prime while the Forrest midfield signed from PSV is clumsy and slow

Their attack no get bite at all and I pray they start Aurier as RB against us 🤣

Their CB pair is ok but can be dusted by Osimhen if given enough supply both from the midfield and flanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 4:00pm On Jan 18
charlesemeka85:
I once rated the CIV team but after watching their first game with EG I had a rethink

If the super eagles play well CIV will be mauled in the presence of their fans

The only decent player i see in their team is Fofana. kessie is past his prime while the Forrest midfield signed from PSV is clumsy and slow

Their attack no get bite at all and I pray they start Aurier as RB against us 🤣

Their CB pair is ok but can be dusted by Osimhen if given enough supply both from the midfield and flanks
I doubt if d coach will pick Aurier

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 4:00pm On Jan 18
Starting XI according to owngoalnigeria
3-4-3

Stanley Nwabali
Ola Aina
Zaidu Sanusi
William Troost-Ekong
Semi Ajayi
Calvin Bassey
Ademola Lookman
Alex Iwobi
Victor Osimhen
Frank Onyeka
Samuel Chukwueze

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 4:01pm On Jan 18
GB abeg make una help us draw this match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:07pm On Jan 18
grin

EG don net......LOL!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:12pm On Jan 18
grin

EG 3 - 1 GB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 4:12pm On Jan 18
It don drop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 4:13pm On Jan 18
I pray against every spirit Barcelona vs Chelsea 2012 UCL semifinals ooo
“knock your opponent like dieeee and still lose.. tufiakwa 🤢🥴

(1) (2) (3) ... (15487) (15488) (15489) (15490) (15491) (15492) (15493) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Yachambliss(m), dymusty86, ThanosKilla(m), 10cedes, Marjoribanks and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.