Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11721088 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15515) (15516) (15517) (15518) (15519) (15520) (15521) ... (16167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:01pm On Jan 19
Semid4lyfe

Pls, hope you got my mention about wrongful ban by the spambot? I didn't say anything wrong while celebrating our win and i got 24hrs. I've just been released as it has expired.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:03pm On Jan 19
charlesemeka85:
🤔

Senegal
Morocco
Cape Verde

Stand in our way. Aside these, only us stand in the way

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:05pm On Jan 19
komekn:

My view is that if your cannot do it in your club and league then it's unlikely you can do it in the national team.

He doesn't justify his position either as a forward player striker or AM. He is not even fit.

The question ⁉️ is how much better would an in firm player be than a makeshift like KC.

Club and national team are never the same... Your performance at club level will earn you an invitation to the national team, but it is your performance in the national team that will keep you in the national team..
Iheanacho has justified his stay in the national team by every standard..
You may not want to admit it for obvious reasons,but Iheanacho is ne of the most technically gifted player in the team..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:05pm On Jan 19
Mujtahida:
Senegal absolutely dominant. They are now scoring unlike in 2021. But they will be knocked out second round. That's what my [b]bad belle spirit [/b]tells me

We may be brothers afterall

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbloke(m): 9:06pm On Jan 19
mostob:
Is he playing regularly for City? That's what they're asking you. All this Alaroye talk no be am abeg

See the excuse he's giving. No one is better than Kalvin Philips in that position. Person wey dey glued to the bench for the past 2 seasons. If it is Nwakali or Kelechi now, criteria will change.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:10pm On Jan 19
komekn:

Excluding the emotive favouritism surrounding Harry Maguire. When a player doesn't perform in club and league you get dropped.

Nobody is going to say you were good before therefore you will be good again. The question is howuch better will the in form club player be for the national team than the out of form player like KC.

You have anchored ⚓ your entire rationality on favouritism, double standard and conflicting preferences.

Has IGHALO not been exceptional for the SE why was he not invited ,he is doing it for both club and league in the HERE and NOW.

You mentioned Maguire..what about Kalvin Philips? What prompted his continual invitation to the English national team?

Comodo already dropped Iheanacho stats for the super eagles.. 15 goals and 8 assists in 49 games... Thats more than justified..

Youre talking about Ighalo that's playing in a league you would murder another player for playing in.. Wasn't Ighalo given another chance with the super eagles for that world cup qualifier game against Ghana.. what did he do?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:14pm On Jan 19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 9:19pm On Jan 19
If Nigeria wins this tournament
Ademola Lookman will be MVP of the tournament
Fingers crossed
I’m imagining the future already grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:20pm On Jan 19
Tochukwu Nnadi joins SV Zulte Waregem.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:23pm On Jan 19
minfelix:
at this stage now i dont care if osimhen scores or not, let the goal come from any body…na winning i wan dey see now…if na 1-0, 1-0 go carry us go far for this tournament or enter final no wahala..afterall tikitaka masters spain use 1-0 win 5games out of their 7games in 2010 to lift WC…

You get?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:24pm On Jan 19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:25pm On Jan 19
komekn:

Stones is a CB for England already.

Maybe you haven't noticed but Pep Guardiola is not the Manager of England and he is entitled to his preference.

Dey play... The same Southgate started playing Trent as a midfielder after Klopp made the decision to move him to midfield late last season.. Till now, Trenr is listed as a midfielder in England squad list...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:26pm On Jan 19
ChrisKels:
Tochukwu Nnadi joins SV Zulte Waregem.
Belgian 2nd tier? 🤕

Well Zulte likely to gain promotion next season. Decent move judging where he joined them from
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:39pm On Jan 19
komekn:

Stones is a CB for England already.

Maybe you haven't noticed but Pep Guardiola is not the Manager of England and he is entitled to his preference.
I guess there is no more debate on this issue. Nacho is also in the team because jpes prefers him. And the position doesn't matter cos Very recently as at the last 3 lions squad announcement, Trent was moved from defender to midfielder so the cb talk is moot. If you can justify Philips call up despite him not doing anything worthwhile with his man city career, then why do you oppose us using the third active highest goal scorer in the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:40pm On Jan 19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:46pm On Jan 19
You de try trap that slimy creature?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:48pm On Jan 19
superbloke:

See the excuse he's giving. No one is better than Kalvin Philips in that position. Person wey dey glued to the bench for the past 2 seasons. If it is Nwakali or Kelechi now, criteria will change.
Don't mind him. He will soon come back with all those grammars in order to wriggle his way out.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:49pm On Jan 19
comodo:
You don carry am handicap.
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:53pm On Jan 19
mostob:
Exactly... coaches are entitled to their preferences. If JPes preferred Kels ahead of Onyedinma, Akpororo and Iregbogbo, nothing you can do about it.

Within reason and taking in context.

Kalvin Philips is in the best team in the world arguably with world class players that's the context. I asked the question outside of Rice who is a better DM than him in the English team. Quality Options are limited and he is the best among many, irrespective of the limited game time.

KC situation is completely different, he is not match fit after coming straight into the SE from injury. He is not outstanding and off the ball in club and league.

In addition there are better options that are inform, match fit and not coming back from injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:56pm On Jan 19
Danielnino00:

Dey play... The same Southgate started playing Trent as a midfielder after Klopp made the decision to move him to midfield late last season.. Till now, Trenr is listed as a midfielder in England squad list...

What's the comparison here ,you talking a load of Codswallop.

Trent is arguably one of the best RB plus midfield players in the world his end product simple stunning.

What is KC 😮 nothing by comparison to Trent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:02pm On Jan 19
We really need to get multiple goalscorer vs Bissau. Just 2 goals, vital though. 1 from open play. Phew. I know they can do it sha. But conceding vs Bissau should be a crime IMO. We can't do all that to Civ and then allow Bissau get a goal.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:05pm On Jan 19
komekn:

Within reason and taking in context.

Kalvin Philips is in the best team in the world arguably with world class players that's the context. I asked the question outside of Rice who is a better DM than him in the English team. Quality Options are limited and he is the best among many, irrespective of the limited game time.

KC situation is completely different, he is not match fit after coming straight into the SE from injury. He is not outstanding and off the ball in club and league.

In addition there are better options that are inform, match fit and not coming back from injury.

he was there, guardiola gave the dm position to stones. He was there guardiola went to sign Nunes as another dm option. He will soon leave city to other clubs this January.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:08pm On Jan 19
komekn:

What's the comparison here ,you talking a load of Codswallop.

Trent is arguably one of the best RB plus midfield players in the world his end product simple stunning.

What is KC 😮 nothing by comparison to Trent.

Emotive prejudice don make dey draw imaginative comparisons...
If Southgate could borrow a leaf from Klopp's book by using Trent in midfield,he can do the same for Stones at DM... Nothing justifies Philips continuous invitation in the England team..
All the logic are laid bare before you, your bias just won't allow you see it

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:10pm On Jan 19
grin

We must beat GB silly in the last match. Also, we must try out Lookman, Osimhen and Iheanacho combo in the attack.

We need to have multiple goalscorers and creators in the team, with Iheanacho both are guaranteed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:11pm On Jan 19
Alhassan Yusuf is back in training

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:32pm On Jan 19
We might meet Cameroon if we top our group.

I would have preferred Guinea!

Cameroon has been the best team in that group but has been unlucky!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GeneralDae: 10:47pm On Jan 19
Marjoribanks:
We might meet Cameroon if we top our group.

I would have preferred Guinea!

Cameroon has been the best team in that group but has been unlucky!

Cameroon were outclassed by Senegal for about 70 minutes in that game with no shot on goal until then. How can you say they have been the best team in the group?

This Gambia wen I dey see so fit nak Cameroon akpako if Cameroon nor take care.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:53pm On Jan 19
charlesemeka85:
Ekong will make a good pundit when he retires
Pundit ke
Someone that will be a coach. Dude speaks English, dutch, Italian and one other language I think he has started speaking greek too

He is one I look forward to see him coaching a European club when he retires

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:00pm On Jan 19
komekn:
The Senegal Vs Cameroon is the best game I've watched so far .

Fireworks 🎆, thunder 🎇 and Lightning ⚡ end to 🔚 just fabulous. Forget team tactics, this was African 🌍 Football ⚽ at its best. Mane is world class wow what a game

The problem with you is if Mane was a nigerian, home grown you won't eulogise him this way
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:02pm On Jan 19
Goke7:

I’ve been asking what’s our plan b to oshimen, hope the coach has one
Moffi will score some of those goals oshimen have been missing.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:31pm On Jan 19
Cameroon was the better team before Sar's goal from corner kick.
That goal unsettled Cameroon and gave Senegal confidence.
Onana made no single safe too.
The Senegalese goals came against the run of play!
And Cameroon should have deservedly equalized just before Senegal 3rd goal.
Gambia is a sure 3 point for Cameroon!
GeneralDae:

Cameroon were outclassed by Senegal for about 70 minutes in that game with no shot on goal until then. How can you say they have been the best team in the group?

This Gambia wen I dey see so fit nak Cameroon akpako if Cameroon nor take care.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:36pm On Jan 19
This formation will unbalance the team. You need another runner on the right to create balance. You can only play Iheanaco as a top 9 or in Iwobi's role in a 433.
Oasis007:
grin

We must beat GB silly in the last match. Also, we must try out Lookman, Osimhen and Iheanacho combo in the attack.

We need to have multiple goalscorers and creators in the team, with Iheanacho both are guaranteed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15515) (15516) (15517) (15518) (15519) (15520) (15521) ... (16167) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Longneck and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.