Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11601399 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15516) (15517) (15518) (15519) (15520) (15521) (15522) ... (16123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 11:41pm On Jan 19
Amedino99:
nah. A better defense would have done that. People like to shit on onana but the first two goals were none of his faults(yet to see the third goal)

First was definitely Onana's fault. The ball he flapped was his to catch. Its the ineffective punch to opponent that resulted in the shot.

Then his positioning for the third was poor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 11:45pm On Jan 19
charlesemeka85:
Bassey against CIV

https:///nottdeji/status/1748246753223025075?s=46
Nothing here. Correct the link
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GeneralDae: 11:54pm On Jan 19
Marjoribanks:
Cameroon was the better team before Sar's goal from corner kick.
That goal unsettled Cameroon and gave Senegal confidence.
Onana made no single safe too.
The Senegalese goals came against the run of play!
And Cameroon should have deservedly equalized just before Senegal 3rd goal.
Gambia is a sure 3 point for Cameroon!
I don't know what game we both watched but Senegal always looked more dangerous throughout that game until Cameroon scored their first goal to make it 2-1. The touches, passes, rhythm, etc were all round better done by the Senegalese in that game. They had so much space especially in midfield and always looked like they could open up Cameroon at will.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 1:02am On Jan 20
Lolz..nobody talked about Kenneth omeruo necklace wahala...😂😂😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 1:31am On Jan 20
Elnino9:

It was frankly an annoying sight .

Person wey suppose go link up with defenders follow coordinate during high pressure as veteran but was rather immersed in the frivolity of putting on a necklace.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:48am On Jan 20
Exactly what I am talking about.
Sar's fortunate goal made the Cameroonians scared and they had no choice but to attack leaving so much space behind.
The same way Cameroon goal unsettled Senegal and Cameroon should have deservedly equalized.

GeneralDae:

I don't know what game we both watched but Senegal always looked more dangerous throughout that game until Cameroon scored their first goal to make it 2-1. The touches, passes, rhythm, etc were all round better done by the Senegalese in that game. They had so much space especially in midfield and always looked like they could open up Cameroon at will.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:57am On Jan 20
See great pitches at the Asian Cup while ours be like Cattle Ranches space. Quite unfortunate.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GeneralDae: 2:44am On Jan 20
Marjoribanks:
Exactly what I am talking about.
Sar's fortunate goal made the Cameroonians scared and they had no choice but to attack leaving so much space behind.
The same way Cameroon goal unsettled Senegal and Cameroon should have deservedly equalized.

Sars goal was a beautiful, well taken goal. I don't know what you mean by fortunate goal. Before sars goal (which was early), are you saying Cameroon were threatening or more compact in midfield? because I didn't see it. Also, why should a goal be enough to destabilise a good team from playing well?

Egyptians were supposed to be even more destabilized by Ghana's goal coming after Sallah's injury. Didn't Egypt switch the tempo immediately? Did Egypt leave their midfield porous while pressing for the equaliser?

Cameroon just didn't show any bright spot until late in the game when they got a goal and then believed they could equalise but Senegal outplayed them all round.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:11am On Jan 20
Nothing beautiful about Sar's goal it was an unfortunate deflection. Senegal wasted a lot of counter attacks. Aside their goals Onana made no single safe. Even the goals were due to porous defending and tiredness. How then did Cameroon got their goal if they were not compact and fighting for every ball? Immediately they scored the first goal , they had two good chances to equalize.
How did Cameroon got those opportunities if they were being outplayed?
Onana had little to nothing to do throughout the game!
The 3-1 was harsh on the Cameroonians. A 2-2 draw is a fair result.
GeneralDae:

Sars goal was a beautiful, well taken goal. I don't know what you mean by fortunate goal. Before sars goal (which was early), are you saying Cameroon were threatening or more compact in midfield? because I didn't see it. Also, why should a goal be enough to destabilise a good team from playing well?

Egyptians were supposed to be even more destabilized by Ghana's goal coming after Sallah's injury. Didn't Egypt switch the tempo immediately? Did Egypt leave their midfield porous while pressing for the equaliser?

Cameroon just didn't show any bright spot until late in the game when they got a goal and then believed they could equalise but Senegal outplayed them all round.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:17am On Jan 20
I don't want to play a team like Cameroon. I prefer Senegal! tbh
Even at 2nil down to the defending Champion they kept fighting and believing! They ran, sweat, fought etc but luck was not on their side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 5:16am On Jan 20
GeneralDae:

Senegal’s first goal was good
Nothing fortunate there
He turned and took a shot at goal
Ignore comments that would make you argue on here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:04am On Jan 20
komekn:

Within reason and taking in context.

Kalvin Philips is in the best team in the world arguably with world class players that's the context. I asked the question outside of Rice who is a better DM than him in the English team. Quality Options are limited and he is the best among many, irrespective of the limited game time.

KC situation is completely different, he is not match fit after coming straight into the SE from injury. He is not outstanding and off the ball in club and league.

In addition there are better options that are inform, match fit and not coming back from injury.

All this epistles are for your pocket. Kalvin Philip I not playing regularly yet he keeps getting called up. Maguire was a disaster last season but still made the WC squad. How do you justify these?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 7:24am On Jan 20
BascoVanVeli:

Are u kidding me? Daniel Amokachi has been top class. His analysis are on point and he gives insight that only someone like him can give. We are lucky to have such a legend in the booth doing commentary. Plus I loved the part he corrected his cohost on pronouncing Aina. Dude kept on saying Ain-i grin

Sarcasm yeah?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dankorode(m): 7:28am On Jan 20
mank1234:

First was definitely Onana's fault. The ball he flapped was his to catch. Its the ineffective punch to opponent that resulted in the shot.

Then his positioning for the third was poor.
thank you jare,he should have done better for the third goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:49am On Jan 20
caprikon:

Person wey suppose go link up with defenders follow coordinate during high pressure as veteran but was rather immersed in the frivolity of putting on a necklace.
he probably came to the game with the intention of spending the whole match on the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:03am On Jan 20
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves now
One game at a time
We should live in the moment lol
Still a long way to go
Still got good teams in the tournament
CIV coach goofed for not inviting Zaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 8:10am On Jan 20
I think he was trying to take it off
caprikon:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:10am On Jan 20
X

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 9:52am On Jan 20
Odunayaw:
Nope, he was trying to fix it on. Called another SE to help, that one left him to go man his place and the baba kept fiddling it till he decided to throw it off.

I was disgusted.

Boss calm dan. That chain cost ooo. 100 billion shocked shocked na him you want make CIV strikers use style snatch for how many minutes baba Wan play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:21am On Jan 20
Odunayaw:
Nope, he was trying to fix it on. Called another SE to help, that one left him to go man his place and the baba kept fiddling it till he decided to throw it off.

I was disgusted.

isn't there a rule against chains on the field. It seemed as if he was trying to remove it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:52am On Jan 20
Elnino9:
The 4th official failed to do his job. He was probably carried away by the rhythm of the game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 10:53am On Jan 20
charlesemeka85:
Joseph Akpeyi was one of super sports studio pundits during the game. He was asked by the anchor after the game how good Ekong is with penalties and he said the PAOK defender is one of the best in training
Oh you mean Daniel Akpeyi
The guy we never saw man the post again after Riyadh Mahrez free kick in Afcon 2019 semifinals
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:55am On Jan 20
yinkeys:
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves now
One game at a time
We should live in the moment lol
Still a long way to go
Still got good teams in the tournament
CIV coach goofed for not inviting Zaha
Zaha never settled in the dressing room. He was like a fish out of water because he couldn't speak any French. He's had serious issues with assimilation due to language barrier that's why he hasn't blended with the group since his debut.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 10:57am On Jan 20
Tomori & Tammy Abraham will be regretting why they chose 3 lions over Nigeria

No space for forwards but defenders & midfielders still needed post Afcon 2023

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 11:01am On Jan 20
Barryseal:

Zaha never settled in the dressing room. He was like a fish out of water because he couldn't speak any French. He's had serious issues with assimilation due to language barrier that's why he hasn't blended with the group since his debut.
When players from Nigeria or anywhere in Africa move to Russia
They learn that culture and try to adapt
He should’ve have been learning French as well as the culture
Didier & Yaya should have been a helping factor too
That’s a ridiculous excuse from a professional
I mean he should’ve tried his best
I guess he doesn’t want to play in Afcon & World Cup
I do not believe this is the reason though
His parents are also from CIV I believe
Serge Aurier is there & speaks English
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 11:01am On Jan 20
My question to Nigerians
Do you think the result would’ve been different if Zaha was on the pitch grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:06am On Jan 20
yinkeys:
My question to Nigerians
Do you think the result would’ve been different if Zaha was on the pitch grin
Guy rest for Zaha matter na undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:10am On Jan 20
Danielnino00:

Club and national team are never the same... Your performance at club level will earn you an invitation to the national team, but it is your performance in the national team that will keep you in the national team..
Iheanacho has justified his stay in the national team by every standard..
You may not want to admit it for obvious reasons,but Iheanacho is ne of the most technically gifted player in the team..
Iheanacho is our most clinical striker. Would not miss as much chances as Osimhen has so far missed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:10am On Jan 20
Abeg ignore the walking contradiction.
mostob:
Is he playing regularly for City? That's what they're asking you. All this Alaroye talk no be am abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:10am On Jan 20
Blueelf:

We may be brothers afterall

grin grin
This guy 😂😂😂 I tire for you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:13am On Jan 20
Amedino99:
isn't there a rule against chains on the field. It seemed as if he was trying to remove it.
I went back to watch a clip after reading this. It appears he was removing it.

I guess the time it took made it appear he was trying to keep it on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:14am On Jan 20
Starboytwo:
Boss calm dan. That chain cost ooo. 100 billion shocked shocked na him you want make CIV strikers use style snatch for how many minutes baba Wan play.
That CIV squad resemble hungry people? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15516) (15517) (15518) (15519) (15520) (15521) (15522) ... (16123) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo, Philosopher1979, superbloke(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.