Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,565 members, 7,847,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11844677 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) ... (16241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

They meaning those blowing his trumpet. Ritchie so absolutely brilliant but I do not hear future forward or what a great player, despite his consistent brilliant performances. The Trumpets blown for Rashford is not a decent player trumpet. It is more like a Shearer trumpet. When realistically, he has not yet shown so much unbelievable performance on the pitch.

You need to watch a young Ashley Young to get my drift.
Are you reading anything I'm typing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:35am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

So Gray is as good as Rashford, ok.

Where did you get that from. I am pointing that your opinion of Rashford performing well at Leicester City is not true. Gray is brilliant but is having trouble despite a player who loves to make runs with the ball.

Gerrit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:36am On Sep 22, 2017
safarigirl:
how can you cite Dele Alli as someone who is no fully English?

The minute you agree to play internationally for any country, you are fully from there. Dele Alli is as fully English as Iwobi and Moses are fully Nigerian

Please, never mention Dele as an example in this kind of thing.

And once again, Rashford's hype is because he is fully English. Tammy BROKE A RECORD in the Championships last season, do you think he would have been sent on loan if he was fully English? Has Rashford broken any record anywhere?

If Tammy was Fully British, he would have been USHERED into Chelsea's first team this season and nobody would buy Morata. The press would have slaughtered Conte for sending him out on loan

Why are you talking as if you are unaware of the politics in British football? As I dey read this your Tammy vs Rashford argument, e dey pain me.

Rashford is not better than Tammy. Put Rashford in that Swansea team and let's see how awesome he is, switch places and let's see if Tammy will not equal Lukaku's record by now

YOU ARE WRONG.

Rashford parents are from the Caribbean, his entire family background is black. And from Wythenshawe and the neighbourhoods of Moss Side, Hulme in Manchester.

Doesn't matter where you are from as long as you are not white you are black full stop.

Things are changing you are black you will face discrimination. However money has no colour. If you can produce then you will be on the ascendancy.

Rashford is not better than Tammy but he is in a team that will give youth players a chance. I have already talked about the dynamics at Chelsea race and nationality have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

The most influential person outside of Roman in Chelsea football club is EMENALO a former Nigerian international a black African.

There is no hype about Rashford he was simply given an opportunity and he seized it. If KC was at Manchester United he would certainly be a regular. There are different dynamics in each club.

A few months ago I was opportuned to watch Liverpool vs Chelsea U18. I was shocked the entire Chelsea team was black apart from the goalkeeper.

Chelsea is an international team on a lot of occasions they may not field one English player. So your perceptions and deductions are totally wrong.

Lukaku was not given a chance at Chelsea after hus move at 18 from Anderlecht, the rest as we say is now history, arguably the best striker in the premiership.

Across the top level if the EPL in thier academies there is now a racial bias in favour of strong, fast, athletic, technical players. Which simply means Black African origin players. I have had complaints from white players and thier associates saying. " You got to be black to get in, it's so unfair "
a kind of reverse racism.

If I didnt have conscience I would fly to Benin city pick out 3/4 top youth players of U17 from the various youth academies. Get them to England declare them as U14 and nurture them, put them through the system and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank and so will they.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:37am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

Good you said 'they'. I haven't said anything to suggest he's exceptional. He probably won't even win the Golden boy award, so...
I see the problem you all generally think anyone who thinks Rashford is a decent player also thinks he's the world's brightest talent. Like I said, forming opinions and going with it.
bataderemi:
I see the problem you all generally think anyone who thinks Rashford is a decent player also thinks he's the world's brightest talent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Where did you get that from. I am pointing that your opinion of Rashford performing well at Leicester City is not true. Gray is brilliant but is having trouble despite a player who loves to make runs with the ball.

Gerrit?
And I'm telling you he's more likely to perform cos he can help their counter-attacking style because he's better than Gray.
Meaning Gray shouldn't be a basis to judge Rashford's performance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:42am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

And I'm telling you he's more likely to perform cos he can help their counter-attacking style because he's better than Gray.

Is he better than Mahrez? Is Mahrez not having a torrid time under the same system?

The current system of Leicester City has more to do with long balls from deep to Vardy. Not counter attacks with making runs with ball. So Rashford will be stranded too. That is why Gray is suffering in the system and he has little chance to make a shot at Rashford.

Put Gray in Manchester United set-up and put Rashford in Leicester City. Let me see you say Rashford is better.

That is why we use the term like handed out to Rashford. It favors him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:44am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Is he better than Mahrez? Is Mahrez not having a torrid time under the same system?

The current system of Leicester City has more to do sith long balls from deep to Vardy. Not counter attacks with making runs with ball. So Rashford will be stranded too. That is why Gray is suffering in the system and he has little chance to make a shot at Rashford.

Put Gray in Manchester United set-up and put Rashford in Leicester City. Let me see you say Rashford is better.

Barcelona also handed it over to messi, Iniesta etc too, I guess
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:44am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

Aunty, calm. Where did I say it's Kelechi's fault? It's their style, obviously not his fault. My country man's team? Really? Are the two clubs not English, what level is sentimental is this... God. Rashford will play kick and follow cos he runs. Kelechi will play better under Pep cos his game is better when his team can have the ball and pass around.
Rashford has things handed to him, wow. A win for black people then.
so, Rashford would blend because he runs? What a joke! Put him there first and let us see, easy to run your mouth when he's not there. Can you compare the Kelechi in City to the one in Leicester? Can you compare the Rooney in United to the one in Everton? So, common sense does not tell you that the players around a forward determine greatly, how well they perform?

And you are here claiming objective, now, you are talking about black people....oga objective, we see how your comments lack sentiments.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The current system of Leicester City has more to do sith long balls from deep to Vardy. Not counter attacks with making runs with ball. So Rashford will be stranded too. That is why Gray is suffering in the system and he has little chance to make a shot at Rashford.

Gray is at best a darker Lingard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:46am On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
The European Section's EPL fanboys (esp. man utd fanboys) always show up here when we talk our own.... We say things as they are and they cringe.

I have never visited any European clubs thread on NL and will possibly never (only been in a few euro matchday threads even and it has been a long while)... in fact I don't even know they exist... Hahahahahahahahaha.... but they always come in here and hardly contribute any meaningful discussions about Nigerian Football... cheesy

All they wanna do is draw swords and defend anything Old-traffordish or Rashfordish or maybe even Trash Mikel as seen in "the invasion" of those European section dollopheads... grin

Look here... if you don't like what we say... then jump and pass aiit... Go cringe in your rooms and threads but don't come here to start blabbing nonsense and derailing this beautiful Super Eagles thread. Enough of the EPL orgasmic reactions from you guys on here... stick to your European flavor aiit... and stay out if you got nothing for Nigerian Football.

As in eh... lol... That moment when you see them telling you Rashford doesn't ride on hypes... and telling you Stuffs like... "Come on... there are no hypes around Rashford mehn.. even the media doesn't talk much about him" or that it has nothing with him being Fully English.... plus many more.... grin

This is the look I give most times when I hear or read such lies and Nonsense...... lol

you and your 'eyesorish' prepubescent rants.
I wonder how people here manage to cope with your childishnes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mumemma: 9:47am On Sep 22, 2017
safarigirl:
Tammy na half caste?

No be only 4 half caste dey our team now? If the French team can be made up of 70% Africans, what is wrong in our team having 30% half caste (not even full whites) undecided

4 is a number na......sister.....Abeg we need true nationals.....It makes the SE pure... Very soon other countries will take credence for baffing up our talents and all we did was to utilize.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 22, 2017
safarigirl:
so, Rashford would blend because he runs? What a joke! Put him there first and let us see, easy to run your mouth when he's not there. Can you compare the Kelechi in City to the one in Leicester? Can you compare the Rooney in United to the one in Everton? So, common sense does not tell you that the players around a forward determine greatly, how well they perform?

And you are here claiming objective, now, you are talking about black people....oga objective, we see how your comments lack sentiments.
Lol, you do not watch football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:48am On Sep 22, 2017
Hahahahahahahahaha.... another Dollophead remark... Yara Yara this is Babylonian... cheesy

E pain am!!! cheesy

PietroRico:
you and your 'eyesorish' prepubescent rants.
I wonder how people here manage to cope with your childishnes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:51am On Sep 22, 2017
komekn:

YOU ARE WRONG.

Rashford parents are from the Caribbean, his entire family background is black. And from Wythenshawe and the neighbourhoods of Moss Side, Hulme in Manchester.

Doesn't matter where you are from as long as you are not white you are black full stop.

Things are changing you are black you will face discrimination. However money has no colour. If you can produce then you will be on the ascendancy.

Rashford is not better than Tammy but he is in a team that will give youth players a chance. I have already talked about the dynamics at Chelsea race and nationality have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

The most influential person outside of Roman in Chelsea football club is EMENALO a former Nigerian international a black African.

There is no hype about Rashford he was simply given an opportunity and he seized it. If KC was at Manchester United he would certainly be a regular. There are different dynamics in each club.

A few months ago I was opportuned to watch Liverpool vs Chelsea U18. I was shocked the entire Chelsea team was black apart from the goalkeeper.

Chelsea is an international team on a lot of occasions they may not field one English player. So your perceptions and deductions are totally wrong.

Lukaku was not given a chance at Chelsea after hus move at 18 from Anderlecht, the rest as we say is now history, arguably the best striker in the premiership.

Across the top level if the EPL in thier academies there is now a racial bias in favour of strong, fast, athletic, technical players. Which simply means Black African origin players. I have had complaints from white players and thier associates saying. " You got to be black to get in, it's so unfair "

If I didnt have conscience I would fly to Benin city pick out 3/4 top youth players of U17 from the various youth academies. Get them to England declare them as U14 and nurture them, put them through the system and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank and so will they.
What is the Caribbean? Which country is that exactly and dem get football team? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:52am On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Hahahahahahahahaha.... another Dollophead remark... Yara Yara this is Babylonian... cheesy

E pain am!!! cheesy

it's just a shame that after such a long time of rubbing minds with goodjoe, komekn and many other really intelligent and mature people here, very little has rubbed off on you.

It is also disappointing that you don't get called out on this.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:52am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

thank God you know, please go back to your comfort zone and discuss with your fellow football watchers

This thread is not for the likes of you

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54am On Sep 22, 2017
komekn:

YOU ARE WRONG.

You are highlighting our point that it was handed out to Rashford. Manchester United gives players like Rashford and Lingard the kind of chances they will not have in a lot of big teams.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:54am On Sep 22, 2017
Please, can the English football fans kindly exit this thread and go disturb their fellow English football fans?

Funny how the original discussion was Rashford and Tammy, but as always, it somehow reverted to Rashford and Kelechi as usual. Later, they will say we always drag Rashford.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:55am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

Gray is at best a darker Lingard.

You can not tell because the young man is trapped in a poor system that does not suit him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:55am On Sep 22, 2017
mumemma:

4 is a number na......sister.....Abeg we need true nationals.....It makes the SE pure... Very soon other countries will take credence for baffing up our talents and all we did was to utilize.
they can take whatever they like, e no concern us as long as na we dey get medals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:57am On Sep 22, 2017
Hahahahahahahahaha..... this Level of Dollopheadedness has set a new record... shocked Hey uhmmm Yara Yara plss take it down and add it to the catalog.... Call in Dr Lisa too... she will be so fascinated with this.... cheesy Our man Rico here is a new breed indeed... wink

PietroRico:
it's just a shame that after such a long time of rubbing minds with goodjoe, komekn and many other really intelligent and mature people here, very little has rubbed off on you.

Loooollll.... and it is you who watch Football?. mister you don't watch football... you watch Man Utd... cheesy Hahahahahahahahaha

bataderemi:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:57am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You can not tell because the young man is trapped in a poor system that does not suit him.
gray is much more talented than lingard that's for sure.
It pains me to him decay at Leicester too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:02am On Sep 22, 2017
And the pietroRico dude talks about intelligence...... like seriously? Did he just say that? To me of all people? Hahahahahahahahaha... all they talk is man u and EPL... amazing bunch of intellects indeed... looolll

We know their way naa... they were here because of Mikel Obi before... now it is Man Utd and Rashford... they contribute Absolutely nothing about Nigerian Football... guess their IQ no reach that level.. cheesy

safarigirl:
Please, can the English football fans kindly exit this thread and go disturb their fellow English football fans?

Funny how the original discussion was Rashford and Tammy, but as always, it somehow reverted to Rashford and Kelechi as usual. Later, they will say we always drag Rashford.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:08am On Sep 22, 2017
Ahhh... a late remark... Well that is because I happen to make a whole lot of sense..... loooollll Hahahahahahahahaha....

On same thread I have been applauded and labelled in glowing terms by elders but do you even think I base my worth on all that? Do you even know who I am? cheesy Look at this guy.... grin

Really amazing how you don't see that? shocked But then on another hand, it's not so amazing... maybe it is because you lack "the sight"... Hmmm.... lemme call in Dr Dog for you.... it will take just 10mins I assure you.... wink

PietroRico:

It is also disappointing that you don't get called out on this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 10:09am On Sep 22, 2017
Facepalm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:12am On Sep 22, 2017
Applause! But I fear the guys have made up their minds not to understand these dynamics of football. They speak with a njnd laden with bias and monotony. Really pitiful.

TheGoodJoe:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2017
2017 WAFU Nations Cup: Maxwell Konadu promises Black Stars B will come prepared for Nigeria revenge

Ghana coach Maxwell Konadu says his side will be armed and ready for revenge on Sunday against Nigeria in the final of the 2017 WAFU Cup of Nations.

The Black Stars B were comprehensively beaten 2-0 by CHAN Eagles last Monday in their final Group A match which sent them through to the last four of the tournament.

The hosts were in fine form as they brushed aside Niger 2-0 on Thursday night to set up a derby final.

Konadu is promising to mount a stronger challenge at the Cape Coast Stadium in the highly anticipated clash.

''We will be very prepared for Nigeria. They beat us last time so we have to come out strong to turn the table against them come Sunday,'' he said at the post-match conference.

''They are a very good side, but we have to fight very hard.

''You know we are the defending champions, but that now belongs to history. Sunday will be a new chapter we have to open and we will do so by trying to beat Nigeria.

''The last time (we met), we had issues as regards injuries, but I hope we have all the players fit on Sunday and we will come very, very strong against Nigeria.

''It won’t be an easy game, they won’t find it easy as well.''
CAF president Dr Ahmad and his Executive Committee members will be in Cape Coast to watch the final match.

Source: http://mobile.ghanasoccernet.com/2017-wafu-nations-cup-maxwell-konadu-promises-black-stars-b-will-come-prepared-for-nigeria-revenge
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2017
komekn:

Thier friends and social circles is 100% Naija and African that's a huge pull of influence. Like I said these boys will dance Shoki more than you. Irrespective of the fact you grow for Naija.

Lol... Yeah you are right 100% black circle.. And that's a big influence on them.. And the world cup and AFCON appearance will also trigger them too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2017
So you even replied... sorry I just noticed... cheesy

Good thing you ran off... because there is no way you will be sincere enough to accept the truth of a discussion when you already walked in with a blind and biased view.. So.. so long Mister... have a nice ride. wink

bataderemi:

I doubt you understand how discussions work. So, bye bye.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Rashford came into the mix after the commentator in the last Manchester United game said Rashford is the future number nine of England. Shocking when Tammy is there. I expected Rashford on the left and Tammy nine (if he opts for England). Rashford is a brilliant talent but in the nine role, I feel Tammy has more to offer.

However, that statement from the commentator sent warning bells that Tammy might not be in the picture Of England as some think. That is what dragged Rashford into the picture.

Gerrit?

Nawa ooo.. Because the commentator said, commentator is not the English FA chairman, he says whatever comes his way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32am On Sep 22, 2017
Opponent Watch: Countdown to October 7

Zambia Add Six Players To Roster For World Cup Qualifier Vs Nigeria

Zambia coach Wedson Nyirenda has added six more players to an initial list of 20 players summoned to a training camp ahead of their crucial World Cup qualifier against Nigeria at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.

Allan Chibwe (Power Dynamos), Mike Katiba, Diamond Chikwekwe, Jack Chirwa (Green Buffaloes), Larry Bwalya (Power Dynamos) and Misheck Chaila (Zesco United) were added to the squad list announced on Thursday, September 21.

Chibwe is a goalkeeper while the remaining five players have been classed as midfielders.

Nyirenda will begin observing the 26 invited players at close quarters on Monday before the full complement of foreign based players join at a later stage.

The Super Eagles will be one of the confirmed participants at the 2018 World Cup in Russia if they beat Zambia on match day five in Group B on October 7.

Zambia Squad

Goalkeepers (3) : Toaster Nsabata Goalkeeper (Zanaco), Allan Chibwe (Power Dynamos), Kelvin Malunga (Nkana FC)

Defenders (8 ) : Simon Silwimba, Fackson Kapumbu (Zesco United), Adrian Chama (Green Buffaloes), Muchindu Boston, Moses Nyondo (Nkana FC), Ziyo Tembo (Zanaco FC), Webster Mulenga (Red Arrows), Isaac Shamujompa (Power Dynamos)

Midfielders (11) : Donashano Malama (Nkana FC), Kondwani Mtonga, Mischeck Chaila, John Ching’andu (Zesco United FC), Ernest Mbewe, Augustine Mulenga (Zanaco), Godfrey Ngwenya, Larry Bwalya (Power Dynamos), Jack Chirwa, Mike Katiba, Diamond Chikwekwe (Green Buffaloes)

Strikers (4) : Martin Phiri, Alex Ng’onga (Power Dynamos), Lubinda Mundia (Red Arrows), Lameck Banda (Nkwazi).

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : thenff.com

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24724

(1) (2) (3) ... (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) ... (16241) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), joelsteron, elyte89, soetanoreoluwa(m), lakesidepapa(m), Daninya33, Posh(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.