Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,449 members, 7,853,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:30 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11890528 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) ... (16276) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:33am On Sep 22, 2017
komekn:

YOU ARE WRONG.

Rashford parents are from the Caribbean, his entire family background is black. And from Wythenshawe and the neighbourhoods of Moss Side, Hulme in Manchester.

Doesn't matter where you are from as long as you are not white you are black full stop.

Things are changing you are black you will face discrimination. However money has no colour. If you can produce then you will be on the ascendancy.

Rashford is not better than Tammy but he is in a team that will give youth players a chance. I have already talked about the dynamics at Chelsea race and nationality have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

The most influential person outside of Roman in Chelsea football club is EMENALO a former Nigerian international a black African.

There is no hype about Rashford he was simply given an opportunity and he seized it. If KC was at Manchester United he would certainly be a regular. There are different dynamics in each club.

A few months ago I was opportuned to watch Liverpool vs Chelsea U18. I was shocked the entire Chelsea team was black apart from the goalkeeper.

Chelsea is an international team on a lot of occasions they may not field one English player. So your perceptions and deductions are totally wrong.

Lukaku was not given a chance at Chelsea after hus move at 18 from Anderlecht, the rest as we say is now history, arguably the best striker in the premiership.

Across the top level if the EPL in thier academies there is now a racial bias in favour of strong, fast, athletic, technical players. Which simply means Black African origin players. I have had complaints from white players and thier associates saying. " You got to be black to get in, it's so unfair "
a kind of reverse racism.

If I didnt have conscience I would fly to Benin city pick out 3/4 top youth players of U17 from the various youth academies. Get them to England declare them as U14 and nurture them, put them through the system and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank and so will they.

What stop you from doing the boldness... So far you can still see real U14
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 22, 2017
I dont know while everyone dae vex.

Tammy is good, rashford and iheanacho also.

At the moment, Rashford better them both, why ?
Maybe because he's in form. He's more versatile too.

Lets forget this unnecessary argument and hope that tega will go our way. If i be d boy, i do be tempted to join lions grin cos of advantages that comes that way .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:36am On Sep 22, 2017
This Rashford and Iheanacho comparison is totly unnecessary IMO.. Both are very talented but Rashford was just much more luckier than Kelechi.. If not for an injury crisis that made Van Gaal hand him him Man utd debut,he'd probably still be in the reserve team or maybe on loan already cause Mourinho isn't the type of coach that likes giving youth players chance.. he prefers to go for the ready made players.

If Kelechi had the same kind of opportunity at city he might be on a better level than Rashford now. Hopefully he doesn't get lost in Shakespeare's boring football system

#My2Cent

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by poshemmanuel(m): 10:39am On Sep 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by poshemmanuel(m): 10:41am On Sep 22, 2017
Danielnino00:
This Rashford and Iheanacho comparison is totly unnecessary IMO.. Both are very talented but Rashford was just much more luckier than Kelechi.. If not for an injury crisis that made Van Gaal hand him him Man utd debut,he'd probably still be in the reserve team or maybe on loan already cause Mourinho isn't the type of coach that likes giving youth players chance.. he prefers to go for the ready made players.

If Kelechi had the same kind of opportunity at city he might be on a better level than Rashford now. Hopefully he doesn't get lost in Shakespeare's boring football system

#My2Cent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:42am On Sep 22, 2017
WAFU CUP: Benin Coach Blames Red Card For Defeat To Nigeria

Benin Republic coach Oumar Tchomogo has blamed the dismissal of his players, Marceline Koukpo, for their 1-0 loss to the home-based Super Eagles of Nigeria in the first semi-final of the 2017 West Africa Football Union (WAFU) Cup of Nations in Ghana.

Koukpo was sent off in the 33rd minute after receiving his second yellow for diving.

Prior to Koukpo’s sending off, Rabiu Ali had given the home-based Eagles the lead in the 11th minute.

Reflecting on his team’s loss, Tchomogo posited that the one-man disadvantage changed the complexion of the game.

“Today (Thursday), Benin played good football,” Tchomogo Benin Football Federation official website.

“I think the red card affected us. The red card tipped the match. We’ll take the games as they are. As I said at the beginning, we did not come to win,” Tchomogo said.

The final of the 2017 WAFU Cup of Nations will be contested between hosts Ghana and bitter rivals Nigeria in Cape Coast on Sunday.

Benin Republic and Niger Republic will square off in the Third-place match in Cape Coast also on Sunday.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/wafu-cup-benin-coach-blames-red-card-defeat-nigeria/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 22, 2017
Danielnino00:

#My2Cent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by poshemmanuel(m): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 10:53am On Sep 22, 2017
PINNICK went to London for PICNIC thinking he could play NANNY to TAMMY. Not knowing his actions will lead to the movie action in TITANIC This has put the whole of England in PANICK.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:56am On Sep 22, 2017
poshemmanuel:

ihenacho has a lot of work to do if he wants to reach the same level as rasford and mbappe
same level as rashford? Lol. It is like saying messi should work hard to be same level with neymar lol. Iheanacho is way better and clinical than rashford.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:59am On Sep 22, 2017
Looollll... Beautiful rhymes man! cheesy Come on what are you doing about that hidden gift of yours huh? wink

Hahahahahahahahaha... Pinnick... the screwer of England... cheesy

We shall see The end of this new drama unfolding.

solonnachi:
PINNICK went to London for PICNIC thinking he could play NANNY to TAMMY. Not knowing his actions will lead to the movie action in TITANIC This has put the whole of England in PANICK.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:01am On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahahahahahaha..... this Level of Dollopheadedness has set a new record... shocked Hey uhmmm Yara Yara plss take it down and add it to the catalog.... Call in Dr Lisa too... she will be so fascinated with this.... cheesy Our man Rico here is a new breed indeed... wink

Loooollll.... and it is you who watch Football?. mister you don't watch football... you watch Man Utd... cheesy Hahahahahahahahaha

Buddy that's not nice. Well TBH I don't know what Dollopheadedness means but it doesn't sound too nice :-). I know how most of us feel about Nacho but let us not get too worked up. Like u said he is a United fan and a man's heart is his heart so try to understand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:05am On Sep 22, 2017
komekn:

If Tega was in United he has would be playing in the first team and dubbed by Mourinho as the new Drogba.

Chelsea has different politics. Tell me one young player from the Chelsea academy that has broken into the first team as regular in the last 5 years.

Meanwhile Chelsea youth team are winning everything in England and have been for the past 5 years. In reality if Raheem, Rashford and KC were in Chelsea they would not be in the first team. So let's put things in perspective.

Yes I agree. I actually mentioned that in one of my other posts to safarigir.l
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08am On Sep 22, 2017
Awwwwwwwwn... worry not Sir Basco. Believe me I even held myself back from using villainous terms. wink These guys have been here before now... we know how they roll with their Man Utd and EPL sentiments... besides I didn't start it... they did... sad

They cannot just walk in here and throw jabs and try to derail the thread and not expect to be jabbed a little... nope... they had it coming and I was just being lenient. But I get ya... I understand grin

BascoVanVeli:

Buddy that's not nice. Well TBH I don't know what Dollopheadedness means but it doesn't sound too nice :-). I know how most of us feel about Nacho but let us not get too worked up. Like u said he is a United fan and a man's heart is his heart so try to understand.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:14am On Sep 22, 2017
Oliseh Targets Dutch Second Tier League New Record With Fortuna Sittard
By Johnny Edward

Former Super Eagles coach and captain, Sunday Oliseh, is confident that his club Fortuna Sittard can set a new record in the the Dutch second division league with a winning streak at home this season, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Fortuna Sittard face Jong AZ Alkmaar on Friday (today) as the Limburg side target their eighth consecutive home win.

Oliseh’s side has so far chalked up seven home wins which is also a new club record for Fortuna Sittard in the Eerste division.
Sparta Rotterdam holds the record for the most home wins in a season winning 15 straight home matches during the 2014/15 Eerste season.

Speaking to Completesportsnigeria.com after Fortuna Sittard’s 1-0 win over Noordwijk in Tuesday’s KNVB Cup, Oliseh said his side would fight to gain more points to maintain good position in the table and also seize any available opportunity to set new record.

“We won our fourth game this season (three in the league and one the KNVB Cup), so it’s great. A great achievement. We have the possibility to win more games and maintain our place in the log,” Oliseh told Completesportsnigeria.com.

“We have to fight and reach this target now. It’s important for the players.

“The most important thing is to surpass the achievements of last season which we are on now, but then you can write some records – that’s important for the history as well.”

Fortuna Sittard are currently placed third in the second tier of the Dutch league with nine points from five games.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-targets-dutch-second-tier-league-new-record-fortuna-sittard/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:15am On Sep 22, 2017
komekn:

So, What's your point? How much is it worth, boot deals Other commercial endorsements

When you are an English international and or top European international the advertising and brand image has much more appeal which translates to essentially more commercial success.

Marcus Rashford signed a £2 million endorsement with Nike in 2016 it's probably been reviewed since he became a full England international.

If Tega were to play for England he will get an endorsement of at least £3million and that's for starters. The English FA will be putting him under tremendous pressure but he is more Nigerian.

He is not like Welbeck who is really I'm sorry to say not in touch with his Ghanaian roots at all. His best mate is Cleverly that's says it all. One good thing his older brother Chris is his agent. The £££ stays in the family.

I thought you said as a Nigerian player, he won't get endorsement deals at all.

I mentioned Moses just as an example.

You made things clearer when you questioned the worth of the deal and how more attractive as an English national he'd be to brands.

I now understand better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Not some granny link. Barkley's dad is Nigerian. Peter Effanga. I think Barkley changed his surname due to issues with his dad.
his grandad is Nigerian, a sailor from akwa IBom. his dad is mixed, Buh wasn't that in Ross Barkley life cos he's an alcoholic. so Ross grew up mostly with his mum and had to adopt her name as well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:43am On Sep 22, 2017
tbaba1234:
The switch of Tammy is dependent on world cup qualification, i am sure. So let's finish the job on October 7, we will have many more willing to switch.
Who will they be coming to bench

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:52am On Sep 22, 2017
safarigirl:
anyone who thinks Rashford did not have things handed to him must be a United fan

Look at how you are insulting your country man's team just to praise your club player.....Leicester is playing kick and follow, is it Kelechi's fault? Why don't you put your darling Rashford in that kick and follow football set up and let's see how awesome he is,it is people like you that make me dislike that boy so much....better than Kelechi indeed

This your comment is sickening, if I were a mod, I would ban you for it angry

hahahaha, calm down na.

Rashford was extremely lucky, the season before his breakthrough, Van Gaal sold Van Persie, Falcao, chicharito, welbeck, Wilson was on loan.

So he only had Rooney and Martial.

Rooney was out due to injury, even William Keane (a white player) that was above him in the pecking order, got injured in one of the cup games leading to our Europa game.

Martial was injured in the warm-up drills minutes before the kickoff. Rashford was next in line to start. Which he did. One can say luck played a huge part in his rise.

Nacho wasn't as lucky as he is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2017
So I was still kinda on point with what I said then... about his granny link... sad U all got me confused on this Barkley links mehn... I better go read up on it again sometime later... been a long while.

Cc Sir TheGoodJoe

Kakamorufu:
his grandad is
Nigerian, a sailor from akwa IBom. his dad is mixed, Buh wasn't that in Ross Barkley life cos he's an alcoholic. so Ross grew up mostly with his mum and had to adopt her name as well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:55am On Sep 22, 2017
Here he is... our runaway Creator of the finest sports thread on NL.... grin Oga, Where you run go? angry

wink

terzurum5:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:58am On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:
Tammy Abraham, solanke, Iheanacho are better than that overhyped kid from Manchester anyways, what the hell was I thinking.
Abeg make una no vex

Hehehehe, throwing in the towel already??

gringringrin;
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
So I was still kinda on point with what I said then... about his granny link... sad U all got me confused on this Barkley links mehn... I better go read up on it again sometime later... been a long while.

Cc Sir TheGoodJoe

yeah. I'll read up as well. you know articles ge+ updated daily on net. but judging by his skin color. he's a quadroon. so he's granddad is the black one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Looollll... Beautiful rhymes man! cheesy Come on what are you doing about that hidden gift of yours huh? wink

Hahahahahahahahaha... Pinnick... the screwer of England... cheesy

We shall see The end of this new drama unfolding.

Thank you very much Sir. I had this talent but presently looking for sponsors
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
Rohr was the one who made the phone call to help out Stephen Odey in his transfer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sir don't you notice just as the media blew the news out of proportion that Tammy had chosen Nigeria, the media is now also speculating that he has dumped Nigeria for England, he has now made a U-turn etc?

All these are speculations. Just like a transfer deal. talks will continue. The process is on.

TheSuperNerd:
Nicely done.... Lovely deductive analysis cheesy especially at colored italicised.... wink I call it the Alibi shuffle (aka Using the Alibi card). Hahahahahahahahaha.... all hail Pinnick, the screwer of England.... grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Here he is... our runaway Creator of the finest sports thread on NL.... grin Oga, Where you run go? angry

wink

I have been around Sir, following bomber to bomber?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sir that na different matter.. switch and benching na different matter. Abi Rohr tell you say he get slot for abroad-bred players for Russia.
they will come and compete. But let's cap them VS Algeria grin

terzurum5:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
Conscience na

soetanoreoluwa:

What stop you from doing the boldness... So far you can still see real U14
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by danolorunmo(m): 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2017
Read interesting and enlightening football articles. Broaden your horizon and comment your views.

https://grass-sports..com.ng/?m=0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
poshemmanuel:

Rashford is strong and sharp and i can tell you he will succed at leicester city

Did you read the long ball system is affecting Mahrez who is presently one of the most gifted creative genius in the EPL? If you are not the target point of the long ball, you suffer as a forward. Albrighton is almost like a shadow. So it is not a matter of sharp and Strong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:
Barcelona also handed it over to messi, Iniesta etc too, I guess

Messi was one of the best in the World when he burst into the scene. In few years he was the best player in the World. So that was not a case of given youngsters chance. He was the best. Rashford ain't the best. If you get what I am saying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) ... (16276) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Stillwater10, komekn(m), CornOak(m), trilacos, minfelix(m), villagereporter(m), lbrichman2, elyte89, mostob(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.