Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752589 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15580) (15581) (15582) (15583) (15584) (15585) (15586) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:12am On Jan 24
drDoom3:

Semi Ajayi has the worst passing I've seen in a professional football player. Watch the Zimbabwe and Lesotho games over again.

Amazing one-on-one defender, wonderful aerially and can go on a rampaging run, but on the ball play is passing not ball carrying.

Do u still believe this lie?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:14am On Jan 24
humility33:

Now i will say Equaevon was not a bad coach
He was just so unlucky
Even with 10 men against Tunisia @ Afcon he still pushed Tunisia to the end if not that our attackers forgot their scoring booth. He even played Ghana with 2 major absentees in the MF but still out played and out muscled them even in their backyard. Our undoing was still our strikers. SE boasts of fearsome strike force. But I have not seen them come to the party when push comes to shove. Maybe they will prove me wrong this time and start burying even half chances.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:14am On Jan 24
MetalJigsaw:
That's is a call for disaster. You can't bench the most deadliest striker in the tournament. His presence alone is a handful for defenders.

And don't just conclude on him so soon. A sleeping lion is more dangerous than a lively dog.

So if Oshimen was not in this team you guys will not play?

The earlier you understand that in most afcon that Nigeria has done well usually an unexpected player steals the show

2002 AFCON Julius Aghahowa

In 2004 AFCON it was Osaze

In 2013 AFCON it was Sunday Mba

Kanu Kwankwo our all time best player and two times AFRICA Best player have no AFCON goal.

You need to understand that somehow it may be Iheancho or moffi afcon to shine

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:15am On Jan 24
Joezinho:

We have been playing police football , bro. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Anywhere belle face. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Iโ€™m not capping , Nigeria national team has the worst playing style in this AFCON! We play the worst football. We are so fuckiing terrible that we frustrate our coach who is not even good to begin with. ๐Ÿ˜…

You're not patriotic and you're too negative

How can you talk like this? Are you not a Nigerian?

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:17am On Jan 24
BascoVanVeli:

Do u still believe this lie?
I don't know which one is the lie here. Once Ajayi is under pressure from the opponent, there is 80% chance that either he gives a wrong pass or he looses the ball.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:17am On Jan 24
comodo:

Even with 10 men against Tunisia @ Afcon he still pushed Tunisia to the end if not that our attackers forgot their scoring booth. He even played Ghana with 2 major absentees in the MF but still out played and out muscled them even in their backyard. Our undoing was still our strikers. SE boasts of fearsome strike force. But I have not seen them come to the party when push comes to shove. Maybe they will prove me wrong this time and start burying even half chances.

Exactly

I really need to apologize to that man.

Afcon have really thought me something that a coach must be willing to take risks with all his players because he never can tell which will shine

Equaevon problem against Tunisia was starting iwobi from the bench..... and against Ghana he was just unlucky
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 9:18am On Jan 24
TheLoneCitizen:
Can someone kindly explain this decision?

I think it's was a Hand Ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 9:27am On Jan 24
TheLoneCitizen:

That's poor refereeing to the core.

Whenever a goal is disallowed, the referee raises they hand for offside or touches their other hand for handball until play is restarted.

She just waved play on.

I think she raised her hands for offiside but then, CAR upon review noticed the hand ball and just decided it was proper to continue play.

What I didn't understand was the decision to cancel The Guinean's goal. I thought it was a close call, at least, a line should be shown for transparency
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:28am On Jan 24
Odunayaw:
Shoulder. That ref was in a hurry to keep the match going
And Var never called her attention.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:31am On Jan 24
Handball. Replays showed the ball bouncing off Osimhen's arm as he was about to tap in.

jihday:
that was a clean goal, donโ€™t know why var didnโ€™t call it back

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:34am On Jan 24
Everyone Komekn hypes dey always fall him hand.

zicky:
Ghana Fa just annoce the sack of Chris Houghton, cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:34am On Jan 24
opes:

Not same prophet. It was Rev Ogya that said Ghana won't make it out of group stage. It was a guess work, according to him, Egypt will defeat Ghana and kudus will be disgraced in the encounter. Kudus went to score two goals and the game ended in draw. Gaisie prophecied unexpected country will win AFCON. Gaisie in Ghana is like our Nigeria Primate Ayodele.lol
I detest all these charlatans masquerading as MOGs who give football predictions. The high office of pastor has been reduced to a farce. You will never see catholic priests indulge in such senselessness. It's always these pentecostal hustlers.

Before our match against GB, I watched a YT clip of Iginla saying he had a dream about the match and that what he saw was not good but that we should pray. I didn't finish the clip. The crassness of the whole thing was irritating. See wayo man. Now that the match has been played and naija won, he will say that it was the prayers that averted what he saw. I'd rather listen to Paul the octopus than any pastor who gives football predictions.

God does not play dice - Albert Einstein

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:35am On Jan 24
Joebie:
My AFCON winner prediction:
1. The eventual winner will come from West Africa
2. The eventual winner is coached by a native of the country
the last two editions has been won by local/native coachโ€ฆits time for foreign coach to win it๐Ÿ˜€
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:37am On Jan 24
zicky:
Ghana Fa just annoce the sack of Chris Houghton, cheesy
We no gree. He must be retained. We love his services for Ghana.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:44am On Jan 24
humility33:

Exactly

Afcon have really thought me something that a coach must be willing to take risks with all his players because he never can tell which will shine

Equaevon problem against Tunisia was starting iwobi from the bench..... and against Ghana he was just unlucky
We are not patient. See how senegal stuck with Aliou Cisse close to 10 years now. Even Algeria kept faith Belmadi but I think they will sack him now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:45am On Jan 24
comodo:

I don't know which one is the lie here. Once Ajayi is under pressure from the opponent, there is 80% chance that either he gives a wrong pass or he looses the ball.

Capital CAP. Even his one shaky moment last game (the back pass) was caused by a foul. Be honest with yourself. Film does not lie. Not only has he been outstanding on the ball he has created a number of chances for us. His run against Equatorial Guinea that led to Iwobi's super ball for Osimhen's big chance and that pass to Osayi in the last match for Osimhen's cancelled goal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:45am On Jan 24
TheLoneCitizen:
Can someone kindly explain this decision?

offside
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:50am On Jan 24
TheLoneCitizen:

Iheanacho better, benches all of that attack except Lookman and Osimhen

Currently KC is returning from injury and is struggling for relevance in Leicester city. He has been consistently underperforming for the past two seasons in the EPL.

He was supposed destroy the Championship according to many here but right now he is getting destroyed himself.

Who is better I think Moffi who is at least match fit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:50am On Jan 24
Another thing needs changing is soft fouls.

This is African football let the jamb body flow

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:57am On Jan 24
daveP:
Mauritania will qualify ahead of CIV. O boy. Another powerhouse bites the dust. The energy in their veins...truly they need be checked for some form of enhancers. Lol.
Maybe them edit their players bah? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:58am On Jan 24
Tolulopefinest:
All AFCON matches have been interesting except NIGERIA MATCHES.

Why ?
And na Nigeria matches dey get most viewers worldwide o...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:59am On Jan 24
Every single one of them who joined that train to Saudi really dropped in quality. Mahrez be looking so funny and Mane too, though he is lucky to be surrounded by good players in that Senegalese team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:03am On Jan 24
komekn:

Currently KC is returning from injury and is struggling for relevance in Leicester city. He has been consistently underperforming for the past two seasons in the EPL.

He was supposed destroy the Championship according to many here but right now he is getting destroyed himself.

"struggling for relevance, underperforming for the past two seasons" Iheanacho for Nigeria in last 7 months:

vs Sierra Leone โšฝ
vs Sao Tome ๐Ÿ…ฐ๏ธ
vs Saudi Arabia โšฝ
vs Lesotho ๐Ÿ…ฐ๏ธ
vs Zimbabwe โšฝ

He started only twice, scored or assisted in every appearance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:11am On Jan 24
We cannot take this form to a Knockout stage.

Good morning guys

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:13am On Jan 24
JayromWrites:

I think she raised her hands for offiside but then, CAR upon review noticed the hand ball and just decided it was proper to continue play.

What I didn't understand was the decision to cancel The Guinean's goal. I thought it was a close call, at least, a line should be shown for transparency
GB goal was a clear offside. Both Nigeria goals wasn't offside but on both occasions the ball was judge to have touched the hand of Osimhen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:15am On Jan 24
komekn:

Komekn, it is 2024 and you're still coming here to judge National team players with your English ball.

Does AFCON look like the English leagues or is it being held in England?

Kelechi has a very very good record for the Super Eagles. He has scored or assisted in most of the games he has featured for us over the last two years. He is one of maybe 3 players in this squad that have scored multiple goals at this AFCON, so, please, spare us your English league records. It has no bearing at the AFCON as you can probably tell.

The top scorer in this tournament is a player plying his trade in the Spanish second division. EPL players are not doing a madness here, so, don't bring stats from your best country to tell us about our Nigerian player at AFCON.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:16am On Jan 24
Mujtahida:

I detest all these charlatans masquerading as MOGs who give football predictions. The high office of pastor has been reduced to a farce. You will never see catholic priests indulge in such senselessness. It's always these pentecostal hustlers.

Before our match against GB, I watched a YT clip of Iginla saying he had a dream about the match and that what he saw was not good but that we should pray. I didn't finish the clip. The crassness of the whole thing was irritating. See wayo man. Now that the match has been played and naija won, he will say that it was the prayers that averted what he saw. I'd rather listen to Paul the octopus than any pastor who gives football predictions.

God does not play dice - Albert Einstein
God bless you my brother. Very annoying. If Tb joshua was still alive he would have given his own prediction.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:23am On Jan 24
humility33:

Exactly

Unlucky against Ghana?

I swear to you, in the second leg against Ghana he was not unlucky, he was gullible.

He started a team that I can say anywhere he got from Twitter. As in, it was Twitter that told him his starting XI, because prior to the game, multiple people posted that starting XI based on vibes. Played Dennis to start against Ghana, Dennis wey dey use swag play ball.

Kelechi was possibly his most threatening player in the first leg, and how did he repay him? He dropped him, and then did not even sub him on at any point. How can you need a goal and you fail to sub your most threatening player from the last match?

Luck was not why he failed to win against Ghana, no, he just lost the plot. He allowed external forces (Twitter boys that have never coached a professional team in their lives), to determine his first XI, and didn't know how to use his substitutes.

This is why Keshi was greater than his peers. Man knew what the heck he was doing and never allowed social media noisemakers influence him. He threw in Oboabon, Uzoenyi and Mba into his team despite the backlash and they made magic. You cannot bow to social media as a football coach. You must stick to your guns and Eguaveon failed on that front.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:27am On Jan 24
chrisooblog:
Handball. Replays showed the ball bouncing off Osimhen's arm as he was about to tap in.

The 2nd chalked off goal was a clean goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:30am On Jan 24
zicky:
God bless you my brother. Very annoying. If Tb joshua was still alive he would have given his own prediction.
We've been watching football for a long time. This encroachment by pastors is a recent phenomenon as from say 2015 or so.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:36am On Jan 24
humility33:

Don't mind the lost boy
Na him papa i blame sha.... If your son wanna turn for algeria when Nigeria and france are options

May e go play for algeria and whenever they crash out like this they will serve him racist slur

The boy isn't wise if he eventually decides to rep Algeria... He will be an easy target for their fans when things go south.
Algerians are very vocal on social media o... According to stats I checked from the last AFCON, citizens from Algeria were the most active on social media during that period... Even this AFCON,their match post gets the most reaction on CAF page... I started taking note of them when they invaded Leicester city Facebook page to demand for Mahrez to leave the club

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:37am On Jan 24
Odunayaw:
Shoulder. That ref was in a hurry to keep the match going

Even the Guinea Bissau goal was legit..

I hope that refree never officiate another game at the AFCON...

(1) (2) (3) ... (15580) (15581) (15582) (15583) (15584) (15585) (15586) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dymusty86, quickberry(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.