Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11606456 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15590) (15591) (15592) (15593) (15594) (15595) (15596) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:56am On Jan 26
MetalJigsaw:
This your prediction na all the home team come win... Dey play
i tell you say we don watch match finish here u dey tell me predictions🤣🤣…make una watch una own finish first😁

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 10:58am On Jan 26
komekn:

Oga to know who was the last Nigerian player to win highest goal scorer in AFCON please.
Who was the last to lead us to AFCON after a long stay in the team as undisputed number 9?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:13am On Jan 26
mostob:
I will go with Bright at RWB on Saturday. That Cameroon left winger is one of their biggest threats. And if there is one player I can vouch for to come out victorious in 1vs1, it is Bright.

Lookman and Iwobi behind Osimhen. Raph and Yusuf completing the Midfield. Omeruo, Ekong and Bassey at the back.

Your selection will see us get whipped, Violated and mashed up. Starting from the defence:

This is athletic power football ⚽ Omeruo ( expired drug) will get overpowered, outpaced ( slow) and out jumped and bullied. I remember how he got destroyed by Cameroon the last time.

CB's have to be Ekong and Bassey ( Afang with pounded yam) eee no get contest. Aina is deceptively fast and strong with football intelligence and arguably the best passing and crossing range in the entire SE team, that's both left and right feet. Zaidu all brawn and no brains I'll play Aina LB and Osayi RB.

Alhassan be like fowl that breeze go carry go. He has no physicality and poor stamina and not enough inventive creative technicality, add to that he is short no aerial ability it's over against Cameroon with tall midfielders a big liability.

Raphael is a very strong immobile brick 🧱 wall that has zero creativity, Onyeka is much more mobile they offer very little inventiveness and creativity they are both water 💦 carriers but the best is Frank ( great stamina)

Forwards only two choices without question Ademola and VO, who should play wing Simon or Chukwueze, I don't know both have different issues and they can't cross consistently with quality. Poor end product.

Midfield has to be Iwobi (AM) plus Aribo and Onyeka with a bit more creativity coming from Aribo.

It's going to be a long hard day , Cameroon are fired up .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:17am On Jan 26
ChrisKels:

Wasn’t impressed when I saw his video clips but he deserves to be kept tabs on for our youth teams
Any relation to George Abbey?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:17am On Jan 26
gustav25:
Makossa Aboubakar loading

Oh no 😮 please no😞

This guy whipped Omeruo and retired him from football, bullied him like he was a school boy.

I had forgotten about him 😭 thought he was not in the team. Dude is a Lion 🦁 beast 💪🏿

He is the quintessential African power footballer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 11:19am On Jan 26
komekn:

Your selection will see us get whipped, Violated and mashed up. Starting from the defence:

This is athletic power football ⚽ Omeruo ( expired drug) will get overpowered, outpaced ( slow) and out jumped and bullied. I remember how he got destroyed by Cameroon the last time.

CB's have to be Ekong and Bassey ( Afang with pounded yam) eee no get contest. Aina is deceptively fast and strong with football intelligence and arguably the best passing and crossing range in the entire BB team that's both left and right feet. Zaidu all brawn and no brains I'll play Aina LB and Osayi RB.

Alhassan be like fowl that breeze go carry go. He has no physicality and poor stamina and not enough inventive creative technicality, add to that he is short no aerial ability it's over against Cameroon with tall midfielders a big liability.

Raphael is a very strong immobile brick 🧱 wall that has zero creativity, Onyeka is much more mobile they offer very little inventiveness and creativity they are both water 💦 carriers but the best is Frank ( great stamina)

Forwards only two choices without question Ademola and VO, who should play wing Simon or Chukwueze, I don't know both have different issues and they can't cross consistently with quality. Poor end product.

Midfield has to be Iwobi (AM) plus Aribo and Onyeka with a bit more creativity coming from Aribo.

It makes more sense when you analyze the monetary value of players than this commentary you put up there.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 11:22am On Jan 26
komekn:

CB's have to be Ekong and Bassey ( Afang with pounded yam) eee no get contest. Aina is deceptively fast and strong with football intelligence and arguably the best passing and crossing range in the entire BB team that's both left and right feet. Zaidu all brawn and no brains I'll play Aina LB and Osayi RB.

Alhassan is twice the player any of those midfielders you mentioned are, the same way Kante is thrice the player each of them are.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:31am On Jan 26
komekn:

Ari wetin??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:32am On Jan 26
komekn:

Creativity coming from Aribo, lol. Alhassan doesn't have stamina, lol...
Our class CAPtain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:33am On Jan 26
caprikon:

It makes more sense when you analyze the monetary value of players than this commentary you put up there.

Even when analyzing the monetary value of players, he caps... Like in Nwakali situation... The dude isn't earning any 2k per week like he said.., and neither is he the lowest-paid player at Chaves.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:47am On Jan 26
Jurgen klopp is leaving Liverpool end of season.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:57am On Jan 26
komekn:

Pls which of the matches was Omeruo bullied and destroyed by Cameroun?? Our last 4 matches with Cameroon ended 4:0, 1:1, 0:1 and 0:0. The last 2 were friendlies and Omeruo wasn't there. So which one Mr CAPrisone. We dey wait.
Aribo is in that team to replace iwobi but we have seen his first game. Nuff said. We only pray Iwobi stays in the games till the end.
I hope I wasn't the only one that laughed seeing that Yusuf will be mashed and bullied in the MF.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:59am On Jan 26
comodo:

Pls which of the matches was Omeruo bullied and destroyed by Cameroun?? Our last 4 matches with Cameroon ended 4:0, 1:1, 0:1 and 0:0. The last 2 were friendlies and Omeruo wasn't there. So which one Mr Caprisone. We dey wait.
Aribo is in that team to replace iwobi but we have seen his first game. Nuff said. We only pray Iwobi stays in the games till the end.
I hope I wasn't the only that laughed seeing that Yusuf will be mashed and bullied in the MF.
seems he was talking about 2019 afcon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:02pm On Jan 26
Amedino99:
seems he was talking about 2019 afcon.
Ended 3:2. The game is still in U- tube.
1st goal was Ighalo via Omeruo assist. Na d stats be this oh. Just leave CAP for Mr CAPrisone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 12:05pm On Jan 26
Danielnino00:

Even when analyzing the monetary value of players, he caps... Like in Nwakali situation... The dude isn't earning any 2k per week like he said.., and neither is he the lowest-paid player at Chaves.

He caps but that is more of his comfort zone.

The moment he attempts technical/tactical analysis, he goes off tangent most of the time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 12:12pm On Jan 26
Alhassan has a role to play in tomorrow's victory....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:54pm On Jan 26
caprikon:

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:55pm On Jan 26
Danielnino00:

Creativity coming from Aribo, lol. Alhassan doesn't have stamina, lol... Our class CAPtain
He takes too much CAPrisun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:59pm On Jan 26
Komekn is our CAPacity leader on this thread. Our very own walking CAPcut

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:21pm On Jan 26
But this 2k nwakali Dey earn wey komenk expose here don pain some pple tire 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 1:28pm On Jan 26
komekn:

CB's have to be Ekong and Bassey ( Afang with pounded yam) eee no get contest. Aina is deceptively fast and strong with football intelligence and arguably the best passing and crossing range in the entire SE team, that's both left and right feet. Zaidu all brawn and no brains I'll play Aina LB and Osayi RB.

Aina you are praising here was at fault with one of the two goals scored by the Cameroonians.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:00pm On Jan 26
What komekn said is right

And this isn't me being a troll. I get headache today. I no get power

You need a very physical side against a motivated Cameroonian squad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:02pm On Jan 26
EQG will not defeat Ginuea. Nigeria vs Cameroon is 50/50.

Cameroon will be our most difficult match. If we beat them we will win this AFCON.

The other teams lack the physicality and attack to break us down. And the defence to stop our attack.
I am having that weird feeling I had before our game against Tunisia 2021.
God give us tomorrow, I beg thee!
minfelix:
we have finished watching all the round 16 matches here in planet Uranus…earth people see the results oo😝😛🤪

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:03pm On Jan 26
opes:

Aina you are praising here was at fault with one of the two goals scored by the Cameroonians.

Till today, komekn swears that goal was Omeruo fault..
Omeruo missed the header and Aina got beaten by his marker...but komekn chose to blame Omeruo alone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 3:05pm On Jan 26
Marjoribanks:
EQG will not defeat Ginuea. Nigeria vs Cameroon is 50/50.

Cameroon will be our most difficult match. If we beat them we will win this AFCON.

The other teams lack the physicality and attack to break us down. And the defence to stop our attack.
The Cameroonian side leaks a lot of goals. If we get it right tomorrow..expect a goal harvest.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:12pm On Jan 26
My fear is their aerial prowess (corner kick or free kicks) and spectacular crosses. If we they get a goal first, they might lock up!
But if we score first, they will definitely fall apart cos they lack the organization to deal with counter attack.
I really want us to win!!
Truidstarr:
The Cameroonian side leaks a lot of goals. If we get it right tomorrow..expect a goal harvest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:16pm On Jan 26
I'm remember that argument the spin he put on what we all saw with our korokoro eyes would make Trump.

Now it's Yusuf is a weakling someone that played one match only and was our best player.

Danielnino00:

Till today, komekn swears that goal was Omeruo fault..
Omeruo missed the header and Aina got beaten by his marker...but komekn chose to blame Omeruo alone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:24pm On Jan 26
Yeah we shouldn't give them the opportunity to park the bus.

Marjoribanks:
My fear is their aerial prowess (corner kick or free kicks) and spectacular crosses. If we they get a goal first, they might lock up!
But if we score first, they will definitely fall apart cos they lack the organization to deal with counter attack.
I really want us to win!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:39pm On Jan 26
Victor Boniface Road to Liverpool. They sign Xavi Alonso and he signs boni boni. The end.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:43pm On Jan 26
komekn:

Oh no 😮 please no😞

This guy whipped Omeruo and retired him from football, bullied him like he was a school boy.

I had forgotten about him 😭 thought he was not in the team. Dude is a Lion 🦁 beast 💪🏿

He is the quintessential African power footballer
Abegi, which Omeruo was retired from football? Vincent Aboubakar is no threat.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:51pm On Jan 26
The easiest way of beating any Cameroonian team is to play with fluidity/sleek passing. If you approach them strictly with physicality, you will get hurt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:56pm On Jan 26
Best player to never do it 🌚

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15590) (15591) (15592) (15593) (15594) (15595) (15596) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, TheSuperNerd(m), chidekings(m), AndSunGorilla, elyte89 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.