Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11601705 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15593) (15594) (15595) (15596) (15597) (15598) (15599) ... (16123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 9:45pm On Jan 26
Garba Lawal
Emmy450:
yes sir,. The last person close to segun odegbami, is from the north, (Kaduna) but his name is what I can't
recall

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:46pm On Jan 26
Emmy450:
yes sir,. The last person close to segun odegbami, is from the north, (Kaduna) but his name is what I can't
recall

Extreme right is Garba Lawal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:55pm On Jan 26
If you do this it still can be draw abi? Even small pikin fit solve that maths. Jpes no talk anything there.

charlesemeka85:
“I want to score one goal tomorrow and not concede. You do that and you win the game”

- Jose Peseiro on Nigeria vs Cameroon

#AFCON2023 

This man must be in steady contact with Mourinho since this afcon start 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s the spirit Jpes, person wey no like am mk em watch tiki taka tonight in spurs vs city match 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:57pm On Jan 26
If Jpes no change his colors na PK we go use take commot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:01pm On Jan 26
minfelix:

i don give u game oya go stake all your life saving ontop,remember to give me share wen u win oo cos na me give u d game🤣
I ask u for bet?

Go bet and show me ur ticket😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:06pm On Jan 26
Gift Orban in debut 2nd half.

Lyon losing 3-0 at home to Rennes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:08pm On Jan 26
MetalJigsaw:
I ask u for bet?

Go bet and show me ur ticket😂
i drop game wey i say i don watch, u say make i still bet ontop🤣🤣 na replay all of una go watch starting from tomorrow 🤪🤪
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:11pm On Jan 26
minfelix:

i drop game wey i say i don watch, u say make i still bet ontop🤣🤣 na replay all of una go watch starting from tomorrow 🤪🤪
Oya wetin be d scoreline🙄🙄🙄
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:12pm On Jan 26
TheLoneCitizen:
Gift Orban in debut 2nd half.

Lyon losing 3-0 at home to Rennes.
He's on the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:19pm On Jan 26
MetalJigsaw:
He's on the bench.

On at halftime.

Will score today.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 10:32pm On Jan 26
Kog45:
Garba Lawal
yeah yeah, true sir,
what Abt the last person?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 10:34pm On Jan 26
Jefersoun:
Garba Lawal
yeah thanks,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:52pm On Jan 26
Emmy450:
yeah yeah, true sir,
what Abt the last person?
Anthony Balfour ex Ghana international
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:53pm On Jan 26
Mujtahida:

He's right na when he's obviously wrong but anyway he's your disciple in training.

Don't be surprised if we physically match cameroun tomorrow.

Why this na

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26
Mujtahida:

He's right na when he's obviously wrong but anyway he's your disciple in training.

Don't be surprised if we physically match cameroun tomorrow.

We will easily physically match Cameroon.

Bassey and Aina physically dominated Ivory Coast. In the midfield Onyeka and Alhassan can match anyone, or at least draw a foul when necessary. Osimhen up top, much does not need to be said. Lookman playing as a striker for Atalanta has really helped him step up physically, I remember a duel he had with Seko Fofana in the Ivory Coast game, I didn't know Ademola was that strong.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 11:18pm On Jan 26
Kog45:
Anthony Balfour ex Ghana international
oh alright sir.. don't know him tho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26
charlesemeka85:
Baba Abou is better than lukaku, that guy on his day is unplayable to be honest

His only issue of late is fitness
Better than Lukaku The way you guys analyse football though...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:07am On Jan 27
Joebie:
If Jpes no change his colors na PK we go use take commot.
prophet of doom
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:06am On Jan 27
Joebie:
If you do this it still can be draw abi? Even small pikin fit solve that maths. Jpes no talk anything there.

Score one goal (1) and not concede (0) = draw?

I don't understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:23am On Jan 27
komekn:

You are showing your very limited understanding of football and appreciation of what it means to be MATCH FIT.

A players has not played any competitive football since December 2 , was warming bench then got injured and had come off the treatment table straight to the AFCON.

Can someone explain after all your postulations , the physical fitness requirements needed to play at your optimum best in football please. Me I am tired .

You cannot be tired, something wey we just start.

How many matches did KDB play for months before returning to the PL to boss games?

If somebody has shown themselves to be constantly reliable on certain fronts, then, whenever he is fit to play a role on that front, he will. Whether Kelechi gets games at club level or not have not had an impact in his performance in the Super Eagles, so, your argument holds no water where he is concerned with the Super Eagles, which is my own point.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Person wey don sabi, don sabi and as far as National football is concerned, Kelechi sabi. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 4:10am On Jan 27
komekn:

Abegi, which Omeruo was retired from football? Vincent Aboubakar is no threat.

You are contradicting yourself, Vincent is one of their most physical players

Look at how Omeruo got violated like a school boy, basic long ball and cross and he just got bullied like a youth player playing with men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StpWi-U_lCM?si=Rzt1mQAei2oFvU-t
Wait did you bring up this to show where Aina was ball watching or where he was pushed aside like paper. Your CB went up for a ball and you never showed tactical awareness. Abeg bring up another thing. Hope u saw Aina's & Ekongs poor rating in that game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:34am On Jan 27
komekn:

Abegi, which Omeruo was retired from football? Vincent Aboubakar is no threat.

You are contradicting yourself, Vincent is one of their most physical players

Look at how Omeruo got violated like a school boy, basic long ball and cross and he just got bullied like a youth player playing with men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StpWi-U_lCM?si=Rzt1mQAei2oFvU-t
see Awaziam beautiful cross he should start too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:36am On Jan 27
drDoom3:

Bassey and Aina physically dominated Ivory Coast. In the midfield Onyeka and Alhassan can match anyone, or at least draw a foul when necessary. Osimhen up top, much does not need to be said. Lookman playing as a striker for Atalanta has really helped him step up physically, I remember a duel he had with Seko Fofana in the Ivory Coast game, I didn't know Ademola was that strong.
Yes you are right. CIV coach griped after the match regarding our physicality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 6:14am On Jan 27
Good morning house,
It's "match day"!! I'm so excited and all geared up for tonight, why? because we'll win and go through to the next round..
My prediction is. NIG 2 : 0 CAM....
Let's have your predictions...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:23am On Jan 27
TheLoneCitizen:

On at halftime.

Will score today.
"Will score today" So why didn't he score?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 6:25am On Jan 27
MetalJigsaw:
"Will score today" So why didn't he score?
He didn't even play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:31am On Jan 27
Samueltemi337:
He didn't even play
You obviously didn't watch the match. He came on immediately in the second half.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Zanzibar1: 6:37am On Jan 27
Emmy450:
Good morning house,
It's "match day"!! I'm so excited and all geared up for tonight, why? because we'll win and go through to the next round..

The same thing happens on Cameroon website.

They believe cameroon will beat Nigeria 2 - 0. Football is strange

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:48am On Jan 27
Mujtahida:

Go siddon jare. You too dey talk nonsense with plenty English.

Wary not weary. Yes we should be wary but that's not what you doing. You magnified cameroun and made us small in our own eyes.

Numbers 13:33
There we saw GIANTS who come of the Nephilim: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

You lack integrity honour and lack the capacity to comprehend. I stick to specifics and not sentiment.

If you feel belittled by my diction and manner of expression 😭it's not my fault. You could educate yourself 😜

You have been caught in a bare faced lie 🤥 you said Aina was at fault. I showed a video clip proving beyond any doubt that Omeruo was entirely at fault for both goals. First of all admit you were wrong.

At no TIME WHATSOEVER did I hype the Cameroon, rather I gave the remedy to deal with Thier physicality from the resources available. I quote myself below

Your selection will see us get whipped, Violated and mashed up. Starting from the defence:

This is athletic power football ⚽ Omeruo ( expired drug) will get overpowered, outpaced ( slow) and out jumped and bullied. I remember how he got destroyed by Cameroon the last time.

CB's have to be Ekong and Bassey ( Afang with pounded yam) eee no get contest. Aina is deceptively fast and strong with football intelligence and arguably the best passing and crossing range in the entire SE team, that's both left and right feet. Zaidu all brawn and no brains I'll play Aina LB and Osayi RB

And please do not quote scripture out of context that's not holding the word of God in reverence. How you could have interpreted my succinct descriptive strategy in the way you have is bewildering.

Whaaeeten deh do you, you are not more Nigerian than me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 7:52am On Jan 27
Emmy450:
Good morning house,
I dreamt we won [4]–[3]...
Osimhen scored the first goal, assisted another, then missed one 1 v 1 again 😂

My idol o, no miss for real life today abeg 🙏🏾😂

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:55am On Jan 27
maidaboi:
see Awaziam beautiful cross he should start too

One good ball doesn't make a top player. He is simply TOO SLOW ( tortoise 🐢)and will get wasted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:58am On Jan 27
drDoom3:

There is an assumption by quite a few that because you were born in the UK you no get gidigbo and gbeghe for body.

Frank Onyeka is satisfactory but Alhassan will get wasted in midfield.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15593) (15594) (15595) (15596) (15597) (15598) (15599) ... (16123) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GeneralDae, solonnachi, komekn(m), jihday(m), chuks404 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.