Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11667570 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 7:21pm On Oct 13, 2016
Mickael2:

A lot actually. Thank God for youtube it isn't hard at all.
even my grandmum will look a better player than messi on youtube
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Looollll...... I get you okay. Just that Mikel is our midfield linchpin right now.

His replacement?? Truth is there's none truly. What we have are "manageables".

Mikel's true replacements are still young and maturing... The likes of Kelechi Nwakali and Ovie Ejaria, and a few others.

But I get you, the only way to play without Mikel is to play a style and formation that hides his absence.

if we have any assurance that Mikel will play the way he did against Zambia, then I'd be a fool to ask for his replacement. But the only assurance is if he plays for chelsea atleast 3 time to maintain his shape. But if he is sure to play thesame way then certainly he starts for me, you would have noticed that my main issues are Onazi and Echejile, never Mikel. In top form, Mikel is easily our most experienced midfielder and the arguably the best too, but that's if he is in form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
Yes Sir, K. Nwakali was loaned by Arsenal to MVV Masstricht in the Dutch Second division and wears the jersey no.10 for them.

lakesidepapa:

You are right.! Those crucify Mikel compulsory inclusion in the super eagles are suffering from ignoranmounuuss smiley

Mikel is a general in that mid field. Whenever he's substituted in a game, the mid field collapses and there's no replacement for him now. The only player that can take his shoe would be Young K. Nwakali. But he need to be groomed up and expose, thank God Mikel will retire at the age of 35. BTW, Has Nwakali been loaned by Arsenal?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:55pm On Oct 13, 2016
Ikechukwu ezenwa to join athletico Madrid in January. He has already signed a preliminary contract.

Exclusive, allnigeriasoccer.com.

Thank u LMC for helping grow our league. Now we are reaping the dividends of the all star tour of Spain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
Isn't it funny that this team never.... I repeat never won anything. not even a trophy!!!

Just look at the stars on this team.

But Nigeria has won almost 12trophies all rounds since this team kicked ball together in a match grin

TheGoodJoe Nigeria is good!!! grin

No one should bring luck issue here abeg.

This team is 5times valuable than the combined 11 of Nigeria Since Germany 2006. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2016
lakesidepapa:

You are right.! Those crucify Mikel compulsory inclusion in the super eagles are suffering from ignoranmounuuss smiley

Mikel is a general in that mid field. Whenever he's substituted in a game, the mid field collapses and there's no replacement for him now. The only player that can take his shoe would be Young K. Nwakali. But he need to be groomed up and expose, thank God Mikel will retire at the age of 35. BTW, Has Nwakali been loaned by Arsenal?

Nwakali is in the second division in Holland
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 8:00pm On Oct 13, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Yes Sir, K. Nwakali was loaned by Arsenal to MVV Masstricht in the Dutch Second division and wears the jersey no.10 for them.

Second Division league of Dutch, Is that good for him? I see this as set back, honestly.!!!

What's up about The new Manu GarbaU17? No Update yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Second Division league of Dutch, Is that good for him? I see this as set back, honestly.!!!

What's up about The new Manu GarbaU17? No Update yet

He is on loan, It is good for him, i believe.. He will get some play time.

Manu's team was knocked out in the Qualifiers so till the next tournament.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
ChrisKels:
Ikechukwu ezenwa to join athletico Madrid in January. He has already signed a preliminary contract.

Thank u LMC for helping grow our league. Now we are reaping the dividends of the all star tour of Spain
Nigerian youth talent spread all over d world major leagues
Spain,england,Belgium,Portugal,usa,germany etc still
waiting for d first Nigerian dat will win Ballon d'or/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
enomakos:
even my grandmum will look a better player than messi on youtube

That is one very big myth. Show me a clip of Park Sung close to Messi.

A Youtube clip can at best show the best you can get from a player. A Youtube clip does not add extra ability.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
IyanuFanoro:

Nigerian youth talent spread all over d world major leagues
Spain,england,Belgium,Portugal,usa,germany etc still
waiting for d first Nigerian dat will win Ballon d'or/

Ezenwa is no youth bro. Though he is still young (27) for a goalkeeper.

He was awesome in the invitational tourney and was the MOTM in their match against athletico Madrid. When he was substituted, he had a standing ovation from the athletico fans and management board. I watched it live.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is one very big myth. Show me a clip of Park Sung close to Messi.

A Youtube clip can at best show the best you can get from a player. A Youtube clip does not add extra ability.

YouTube clips are like miniskirts, they don't show u everything. U get to see the good side of a player, but the bad side??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
ChrisKels:

YouTube clips are like miniskirts, they don't show u everything. U get to see the good side of a player, but the bad side??

They show you the best of a player. That is what you can get under the best conditions. Not make Park look like Messi.

Just like the clip I posted of Brazil. In those short clips, I picked Valdivia as top quality. When I went to YouTube, I saw he was one of the top scorers in the Copa Libertadores.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
tbaba1234:

He is on loan, It is good for him, i believe.. He will get some play time.

Manu's team was knocked out in the Qualifiers so till the next tournament.

Yea yes, I remember. I don't like these, lots of setbacks in our football during this Pinnick Era. I hope his administration could fast run out and get new admin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
ChrisKels:

Ezenwa is no youth bro. Though he is still young (27) for a goalkeeper.

He was awesome in the invitational tourney and was the MOTM in their match against athletico Madrid. When he was substituted, he had a standing ovation from the athletico fans and management board. I watched it live.

It was the Cadiz, they even tried to sign him after.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
     Introducing Nwokolor, Young Nigerian Goalkepper Who Is A Regular For Top European Side Nigeria By owngoaladmin
In an era where African goalkepper find it hard to make hay in European teams, 20 year old Nigerian David Nwokolor is making waves with top division Bosnian side Vitez. The Port Harcourt born shot stopper joined Croatian side HNK Rijeka, three seasons ago from Football Academy of Abuja, after impressing at a youth tournament in Croatia. Same season he joined the team, he rose to the rank of second choice goalkepper before heading out on loan to second division league side NK Sibenik last season , where he made 15 appearance for the team that narrowly missed out on promotion to the top flight. He returned back to Rijeka this summer, but was loaned out to Bosnian side Vitez where he has successfully displaced the first choice goalkepper and has now kept goal in their last five games. Nwokolor has three clean sheets in the five games he has been between the sticks for 9th placed Vitez, after 11 league games in Bosnia. Presently he is the only Nigerian born goalkeeper within the age of 20 based in Europe who is a regular for a top flight team, with only Vincent Enyeama and Carl Ikeme ahead of him in terms of experience in top flight games among active Nigerian goalkeppers presently in Europe.      By owngoaladmin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2016
daveP:
Isn't it funny that this team never.... I repeat never won anything. not even a trophy!!!

But Nigeria has won almost 12trophies all rounds since this team kicked ball together in a match grin

This team is 5times valuable than the combined 11 of Nigeria Since Germany 2006. grin
chaiii
you 're wicked o!!!
See individual players.
What a wasted generation.

I now see reason why miss safari no like all these english media. They can hype player mehn...

Even presently d 3-lions can't boast of a team that match that set in all ramification and yet still Ibe, Iorfa and d rest wants to don that jersey. Issorite...make them carry on wishing them all da best.

I'm proud to be a Nigeran. I'm proud of the Green White Green.
In Sir Mikron's voice 'The land is GREEN'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
ChrisKels:
    
Introducing Nwokolor,
Young Nigerian
Goalkepper Who Is A
Regular For Top
European Side
Nigeria
By owngoaladmin

In an era where African goalkepper find it hard
to make hay in European teams, 20 year old
Nigerian David Nwokolor is making waves with
top division Bosnian side Vitez.
The Port Harcourt born shot stopper joined
Croatian side HNK Rijeka, three seasons ago
from Football Academy of Abuja, after
impressing at a youth tournament in Croatia.
Same season he joined the team, he rose to
the rank of second choice goalkepper before
heading out on loan to second division league
side NK Sibenik last season , where he made
15 appearance for the team that narrowly
missed out on promotion to the top flight.
He returned back to Rijeka this summer, but
was loaned out to Bosnian side Vitez where
he has successfully displaced the first choice
goalkepper and has now kept goal in their last
five games.
Nwokolor has three clean sheets in the five
games he has been between the sticks for 9th
placed Vitez, after 11 league games in Bosnia.
Presently he is the only Nigerian born
goalkeeper within the age of 20 based in
Europe who is a regular for a top flight team,
with only Vincent Enyeama and Carl Ikeme
ahead of him in terms of experience in top
flight games among active Nigerian
goalkeppers presently in Europe.
    
By owngoaladmin
what of dat jonathan guy in d French league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
ChrisKels:

very good news
that why i love shehu dikko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
AIG07:
chaiii
you 're wicked o!!!
See individual players.
What a wasted generation.

I now see reason why miss safari no like all these english media. They can hype player mehn...

Even presently d 3-lions can't boast of a team that match that set in all ramification and yet still Ibe, Iorfa and d rest wants to don that jersey. Issorite...make them carry on wishing them all da best.

I'm proud to be a Nigeran. I'm proud of the Green White Green.
In Sir Mikron's voice 'The land is GREEN'

If i
we guys here attempt to do analysis on this hype...it would ruin Epl

Musa Mohammed vs Ivanovic

Mikel Vs Matic

Iwobi vs whoever

Nacho vs Rasford

I think The Nigerian League is good. But also our own Journalist should hype and add color to the league. Do we have our own opta stats? we can start there.

Do we have possession analysis? they can computerize this league and Africa go fear. grin

naso, that overhype made me wicked. I'll agree!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
daveP:

I tried so hard to understand what u were trying to say,but to no avail. Perhaps u should make ur point clear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2016
Napoleon55:
I tried so hard to understand what u were trying to say,but to no avail. Perhaps u should make ur point clear
Overall, the Golden 11 of English overhype and fame didn't smell the aroma of a trophy in their trophy cabinet, but Nigeria has severally with player we ourselves don't have faith in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:37pm On Oct 13, 2016
daveP:

If i
we guys here attempt to do analysis on this hype...it would ruin Epl

Musa Mohammed vs Ivanovic

Mikel Vs Matic

Iwobi vs whoever

Nacho vs Rasford

I think The Nigerian League is good. But also our own Journalist should hype and add color to the league. Do we have our own opta stats? we can start there.

Do we have possession analysis? they can computerize this league and Africa go fear. grin

naso, that overhype made me wicked. I'll agree!!

ok,I understand now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:31pm On Oct 13, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

It was the Cadiz, they even tried to sign him after.

Cardiz couldn't meet his salary demand. They offered him a monthly salary that is below the 800,000naira he earns monthly at FC IFEANYI UBA that was why negotiations broke down. Athletico could, hence they hijacked the deal and he has already signed a preliminary contract.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:32pm On Oct 13, 2016
Kog45:
If Mikel is out,it's either Iheanacho or Iwobi moving to CMF not Ogu or Igiebor.Mikel shoe is too big for d likes of Igiebor.

grin You want to embark on suicide mission by fielding Iheanacho or Iwobi as CMF? grin

Hehehe! Dat one no go work. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princesuko(m): 12:21am On Oct 14, 2016
Guys, are the rumours about Tammy Abraham wanting to play for Nigeria true shocked?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:23am On Oct 14, 2016
FIT AGAIN ISACC SUCCESS SET FOR FIRST
START FOR WATFORD

Watford record buy Isacc Success has recovered from the injury that forced him out of Nigeria World Cup 2018 qualifiers against Zambia, according to manager Walter Mazzarri.

He squashed reports in the media which suggest that the former Nigeria youth international deliberately skipped the game against Zambia, clearly stating that Success was genuinely injured.

“We have a very good relationship with the
Nigerian national team. Also the proof is immediately after the game we sent the email to
them and also spoke to them over the phone
confirming that Success had an injury. They
replied confirming that he was excused by their
technical director, so we don’t have any problem with the NFF” He said.

The manager revealed that the 20 year old, could be handed his first start since joining Watford from Granada when they take on Middlesbrough this weekend.

“I think he is adapting very well to English
football. Every time when he has come, including Burnley where the whole team played very badly, he has been one of the best. Of course since he hasn’t trained a lot lately because of his injuries we need to understand if he has the 90 minutes in his legs.

“I am reflecting on it [whether he starts],
evaluating all the different options and it is
something I will decide at the last minute.”

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/13/8147/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:26am On Oct 14, 2016
Yes... He was approached. But he will keep featuring for the English Youth sides.....

England have eyes for him too but it's looking likely Nigeria will grab him eventually in the long run.

But I can tell you that contact have been made. Tammy Abraham is now on our radar officially. smiley

princesuko:
Guys, are the rumours about Tammy Abraham wanting to play for Nigeria true shocked?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:42am On Oct 14, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
FIT AGAIN ISACC SUCCESS SET FOR FIRST
START FOR WATFORD

Watford record buy Isacc Success has recovered from the injury that forced him out of Nigeria World Cup 2018 qualifiers against Zambia, according to manager Walter Mazzarri.

He squashed reports in the media which suggest that the former Nigeria youth international deliberately skipped the game against Zambia, clearly stating that Success was genuinely injured.

“We have a very good relationship with the
Nigerian national team. Also the proof is immediately after the game we sent the email to
them and also spoke to them over the phone
confirming that Success had an injury. They
replied confirming that he was excused by their
technical director, so we don’t have any problem with the NFF” He said.

The manager revealed that the 20 year old, could be handed his first start since joining Watford from Granada when they take on Middlesbrough this weekend.

“I think he is adapting very well to English
football. Every time when he has come, including Burnley where the whole team played very badly, he has been one of the best. Of course since he hasn’t trained a lot lately because of his injuries we need to understand if he has the 90 minutes in his legs.

“I am reflecting on it [whether he starts],
evaluating all the different options and it is
something I will decide at the last minute.”

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/13/8147/

And he just happened to recover just in time to play for his club right after the international break? Okay oooooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:45am On Oct 14, 2016
Loooolllll.... Even Leon Balogun is back. smiley

He started training just few days ago. wink

OdenigboAroli:

And he just happened to recover just in time to play for his club right after the international break? Okay oooooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:45am On Oct 14, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Yes... He was approached. But he will keep featuring for the English Youth sides.....

England have eyes for him too but it's looking likely Nigeria will grab him eventually in the long run.

But I can tell you that contact have been made. Tammy Abraham is now on our radar officially. smiley

If Pinnick succeeds in bringing that boy home, then it could be one good thing, just one good thing he ever did for Nigerian football. I read that Tammy's father is Pinnick's bosom friend. They grew up together in Warri just like iwobi and akpom grew up together at Hale End Academy. They are more like brothers from different parents and Pinnick said Tammy is like a son to him. He said Tammy is secured already that when we are ready(not when Tammy is ready), his papers wll be processed.

I wanna see him battle for a starting shirt with Osimhen next year. The era of misfiring strikers(I no call names o) is coming to an abrupt end.

Players that might debut for Eagles next year include ; Musa Yahaya, Ovie Ejaria, Chidozie Awaziem, Victor Osimhen, Orji Okonkwo, the Nwakali brothers and of course Tammy Abraham.

Awua of intermilan, Nuru of Roma, Olumola of SOTON, forgiveness' Tyrone of Denhag are also waxing strong. IMO

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:49am On Oct 14, 2016
Chaiiii.... You are in the "zone" to have also mentioned "Theophilus Awua" of Inter Milan.

Not many know about him. smiley

Same with Olufela Olomola. smiley

Tammy and Osimhen..... Looollll **E-X-P-L-O-S-I-O-N** I know he's already ours... *read the full news too* wink

Even Ejaria na for us. England youth sides are just keeping them warmed up for us.... The koko na senior debut.... grin

Just tighten that seatbelt Sir. This New Golden Generation that is on the rise promises a very long super interesting and "no misfiring moments" ride...... grin

ChrisKels:

If Pinnick succeeds in bringing that boy home, then it could be one good thing, just one good thing he ever did for Nigerian football. I read that Tammy's father is Pinnick's bosom friend. They grew up together in Warri just like iwobi and akpom grew up together at Hale End Academy. They are more like brothers from different parents and Pinnick said Tammy is like a son to him. He said Tammy is secured already that when we are ready(not when Tammy is ready), his papers wll be processed.

I wanna see him battle for a starting shirt with Osimhen next year. The era of misfiring strikers(I no call names o) is coming to an abrupt end.

Players that might debut for Eagles next year include ; Musa Yahaya, Ovie Ejaria, Chidozie Awaziem, Victor Osimhen, Orji Okonkwo, the Nwakali brothers and of course Tammy Abraham.

Awua of intermilan, Nuru of Roma, Olumola of SOTON, forgiveness' Tyrone of Denhag are also waxing strong. IMO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joebie, comodo and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.