Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11665018 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 8:51am On Oct 14, 2016
Algeria international Adlène Guedioura has revealed that Nigeria’s duo of Odion Ighalo and Issac Success are now his ‘enemies’ ahead of next month’s World Cup qualifier clash in Uyo. The 30-year-old who expressed excitement at the prospect of playing against his Watford teammates, insists he is anxiously looking forward to the November 12 encounter. “I said to them I won’t talk to them until next month because they are my enemy now,” Guedioura told watfordfc.com. “Of course it’s a joke, but it will be a pleasure to play against them. It’s special to meet teammates who you are used to training with every day and to play against them in one game, so it’s quite good and strange at the same time. “It’s going to be an important game for us. I’m sure we’ll have a good welcome from the Nigerian people and from Ighalo and Isaac, but when we go into the pitch they’re not going to be my teammates or my friends any more. “It’s going to be a tough game and I can’t wait for it,” he concluded. Guedioura will be hoping his Algerian side recovered from their poor start in home draw to Cameroon as they face Group B leaders Nigeria at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium.
http://www.savidnews.com/ighalo-success-are-now- my-enemies-says-algerias-guedioura-ahead-nigeria- clash/

Not even sure if the two lads would make it into the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 14, 2016
Just rewatched d match on superselect.
Omeru tried a lot blocked a lot of balls nd usually covered for echejille in dat match
Echejile was too slow in dat match
ekong also did well enuf especially nodding and kicking out balls buh he did not partner well with omeru.
Onazi tried also nd shudnt criticized at all
Simon Moses tried very well defensively but I will prefer musa who I hope will b subbed earlier in our nxt match
Ndidi was always beaten on dat wing with pace especially by rainford kalaba he shudnt b place In dat position nxt tym
our attack played possessively though dey lost d ball sometimes. Also their one-two passes needs more work as it did not go well sometimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2016
I stumbled on this and I was amazed . So kelechi has scored in 4 consecutive matches for the super eagles to superceed the record of late Rasheed Yekini and coach Samson sia1 .

This is not a bad record . More to come, I pray he stays injury free.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:31am On Oct 14, 2016
Hehehehehehe..... You never see anything yet.... *smiles and rub palms*

[img]http://media0./media/Hm3ZMI68o17os/200_s.gif[/img]

lexyman:
I stumbled on this and I was amazed . So kelechi has scored in 4 consecutive matches for the super eagles to superceed the record of late Rasheed Yekini and coach Samson sia1 .

This is not a bad record . More to come, I pray he stays injury free.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2016
I know people have been giving Mikel props for his performance against Zambia but after taking my time to study that match over again, I can't help to point out that Mikel was not at his best. He was lost in the first 30 minutes of the game and you can tell he is match rusty. Now,the question is if Mikel continues sitting on the bench which will affect his sharpness is he still going to be starting games for the Super Eagles. And if Mikel isn't there who will man AM position,Oghenekaro?

Of course, I know Rohr won't be starting Simon Moses in our next game and Ndidi will certainly not be starting from right back. Iwobi needs to be substituted soon as the clock says 65minutes and he needs to work more for the team---this is one area that Simon Moses did very well.

Ndidi's aerial ability is top notch but he is lacking in pace. Onazi was our best player on the field--hommie was everywhere and never got tired. Omeruo was outstanding except for the error that led to the goal. Ekong's maturity is not in question.

Echiejile was the weak link in the back and the Zambians slaughtered him like a cow-- it's a shame because he is oldest player in that defence but his confidence was up to no good. He has no pace and his marking ability was zero. And this makes me wonder how he is going to cope against the more faster and skillful Algerians. Rohr will need an extra man in the midfield.

Ideye,aside his running and over-all work rate didn't cut it for me,more so when he is supposed to be an experienced player.

The Zambian team we played was a very strong side,except that we took our chances early enough---I see this Zambian team giving Algeria and Cameroun a lot of trouble. They are no pushover-- Very under-rated.

The only thing to take from the match was HOPE. We didn't play so well but there is hope for improvement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:21am On Oct 14, 2016
Nwobodo contributed 7 goals and 10 assists to finish as arguably the best midfielder in the league in his first professional season in the top flight of Nigerian football. Rohr should invite this guy ASAP

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:28am On Oct 14, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
I know people have been giving Mikel props for his performance against Zambia but after taking my time to study that match over again, I can't help to point out that Mikel was not at his best. He was lost in the first 30 minutes of the game and you can tell he is match rusty. Now,the question is if Mikel continues sitting on the bench which will affect his sharpness is he still going to be starting games for the Super Eagles. And if Mikel isn't there who will man AM position,Oghenekaro?

Of course, I know Rohr won't be starting Simon Moses in our next game and Ndidi will certainly not be starting from right back. Iwobi needs to be substituted soon as the clock says 65minutes and he needs to work more for the team---this is one area that Simon Moses did very well.

Ndidi's aerial ability is top notch but he is lacking in pace. Onazi was our best player on the field--hommie was everywhere and never got tired. Omeruo was outstanding except for the error that led to the goal. Ekong's maturity is not in question.

Echiejile was the weak link in the back and the Zambians slaughtered him like a cow-- it's a shame because he is oldest player in that defence but his confidence was up to no good. He has no pace and his marking ability was zero. And this makes me wonder how he is going to cope against the more faster and skillful Algerians. Rohr will need an extra man in the midfield.

Ideye,aside his running and over-all work rate didn't cut it for me,more so when he is supposed to be an experienced player.

The Zambian team we played was a very strong side,except that we took our chances early enough---I see this Zambian team giving Algeria and Cameroun a lot of trouble. They are no pushover-- Very under-rated.

The only thing to take from the match was HOPE. We didn't play so well but there is hope for improvement.

So because he was everywhere that makes him the best player? Chances created, Zero. Long passes completed, Zero, number of successful dribbles zero. Even his pass completion percentage was downright poor and you sadly think he was our best player because he was 'everywhere and never got tired'. The best DMF in the world (for me), Busquets is quite stationary but that's because that's where your DMF should be, sitting infront of your defence not running around like a headless chicken, that's ill discipline.

Omeruo and Ekong's combination was brilliant. It was simply a Puyol-Pique combination. Ekong was charged with winning the aerial balls and playing the ball out of defence and Omeruo did the dirty work, that combo was brilliant. I agree with everything else though

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:39am On Oct 14, 2016
Mickael2:

So because he was everywhere that makes him the best player? Chances created, Zero. Long passes completed, Zero, number of successful dribbles zero. Even his pass completion percentage was downright poor and you sadly think he was our best player because he was 'everywhere and never got tired'. The best DMF in the world (for me), Busquets is quite stationary but that's because that's where your DMF should be, sitting infront of your defence not running around like a headless chicken, that's ill discipline.

Omeruo and Ekong's combination was brilliant. It was simply a Puyol-Pique combination. Ekong was charged with winning the aerial balls and playing the ball out of defence and Omeruo did the dirty work, that combo was brilliant. I agree with everything else though

I was rating him based on his marking ability---he did a lot of dirty work for the team. Also, you must know Onazi has never been a great "ball player" but he makes it up with his work rate(tackling,marking and blocking). If he wasn't our best player in that day then who is. I would have said Omeruo but that blinder ruined it for him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:53am On Oct 14, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

If you read my earlier text, I already pointed out that Mikel did not start well but grew into the game. I do not think it is because of lack of game time. Other players had it rough in the early part of the game, Including Iwobi and Iheanacho. It had to do with adjusting to the pitch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:57am On Oct 14, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

I think Rohr left Iwobi and Iheanacho on the field because they will play under tough conditions like what they met at Ndola in many games. They were exhausted but I think he wanted them to get used to working under the hot sun and bad pitch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pavarotti: 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
For those who constantly criticize ideye brown

Ideye Wins Best Goal Award In Greece

http://www.soccerassembly.com/ideye-wins-best-goal-award-in-greece/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2016
Pavarotti:
For those who constantly criticize ideye brown

Ideye Wins Best Goal Award In Greece

http://www.soccerassembly.com/ideye-wins-best-goal-award-in-greece/

When it comes to hard work, we can not fault Ideye but, we need a striker who can convert a high percentage of the chances created.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

I was rating him based on his marking ability---he did a lot of dirty work for the team. Also, you must know Onazi has never been a great "ball player" but he makes it up with his work rate(tackling,marking and blocking). If he wasn't our best player in that day then who is. I would have said Omeruo but that blinder ruined it for him.

so if after marking the ball and successfully dispossessing your opponent, you give the ball straight back to him with a misplaced pass what's the point? If you can't put your marking abilities to good use then it's near worthless. Anyways, didn't you see Ekong's stats? Or maybe you don't think a goalkeeper can win the man of the match either?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
ASIDE TAMMY ABRAHAM NFF CONFIRMS
TALKS WITH SPURS, BOURNEMOUTH AND
ANOTHER CHELSEA YOUNGSTER OVER
NATIONALITY SWITCH

Much have been made about Nigeria’s approach to Chelsea highly rated teen forward Tammy Abraham. However Owngoalnigeria.com
exclusively gathered that he is not the only player Nigeria has opened talks with about a switch to the senior national team.

We gathered president of the Nigeria Football
Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick is using his
connections in England to reach out to young
players, who are eligible to represent Nigeria.

Although Tammy Abraham is the one he has
confirmed, sources close to the NFF supremo
reveal he is also in talks with three other players
who have also played for England at youth level.

” Aside Tammy Abraham, Josh Onomah of
Tottenham Hotspur is high on our list as well,
already we are in talks with his parent, so far we
having positive response but we have to take it
one step at a time” He said.

” We’ve also re-established contact with Jordon
Ibe as well, he is doing well at Bournemouth,
hopefully we will speak with him after the first
round of World Cup qualifiers.

” Then there’s Ola Aina, his case is a bit complex for now but once he is settled in the first team of Chelsea, we will do our bit to lure him” He concluded.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/14/aside-tammy-abraham-nff-confirms-talks-with-spurs-bournemouth-and-another-chelsea-youngster-over-nationality-switch/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
NATIONALITY SWITCH

Much have been made about Nigeria’s approach to Chelsea highly rated teen forward Tammy Abraham. However Owngoalnigeria.com
exclusively gathered that he is not the only player Nigeria has opened talks with about a switch to the senior national team.

” Then there’s Ola Aina, his case is a bit complex for now but once he is settled in the first team of Chelsea, we will do our bit to lure him” He concluded.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/14/aside-tammy-abraham-nff-confirms-talks-with-spurs-bournemouth-and-another-chelsea-youngster-over-nationality-switch/

Who sent Pinnick to contact HYPE?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
NATIONALITY SWITCH

Please leave Ola Aina. Let us not force him to play for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
FORMER SOUTH AFRICA COACH WARNS
SUPER EAGLES RIVALS- THIS IS THE REAL
SUPER EAGLES

Former South Africa national team coach Pitso
Mosimane has warned Nigeria’s group rivals to be wary of the threat of the Super Eagles in the
World Cup 2018 qualifiers.

Nigeria romped to the top of group B after a 2-1
win away to Zambia in Ndola, and stayed top
after Algeria were held to a 1-1 draw by Cameroon at home.

Pitso, who watched the Nigerian team against
Zambia warned the rest of the teams in the group to pay attention to the Nigerians, who are now playing a football befitting of their standard.

” This is the real Super Eagles, they were very
impressive against Zambia. They are to me one of the teams to beat in the World Cup qualifiers” He said.

” The quality in the team is mindblowing. They
have players like Mikel Obi, Kelechi Iheanacho,
Alex Iwobi and even as good as he is Ahmed Musa plays from the bench. This is indeed the real Super Eagles”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/14/former-south-africa-coach-warns-super-eagles-rivals-this-is-the-real-super-eagles/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
Algeria Searching For A Top Defender To
Stop Iwobi, Iheanacho

Ahead of the World Cup qualifier against Nigeria
next month in Uyo, the Algerian Football Federation are in search of a top defender to
strengthen the national team after the back-line
struggled in their opener against Cameroon.

Le Buteur is reporting that the Federation have beamed their searchlight on footballers playing in the Algerian Ligue Professionnelle 1, and have planned a get-together for the invited players in the coming days.

USM Algiers star Mohamed Benyahia , a former
Algeria U17 international, is one of the candidates being considered in defense along with Mohamed Khoutir Ziti of ES Sétif, who could replace Mehdi Zeffane in the roster for the Nigeria clash.

Meanwhile, Morocco manager Hervé Renard, who has been courted by Nigeria in the past, is the latest name linked with the vacant Desert Foxes job to offset the departure of Milovan Rajevac.

Algeria have qualified for the World Cup on four
occasions while their next opponents Nigeria have attended five of the last six editions of football’s showpiece event.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20747
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
Mickael2:

so if after marking the ball and successfully dispossessing your opponent, you give the ball straight back to him with a misplaced pass what's the point? If you can't put your marking abilities to good use then it's near worthless. Anyways, didn't you see Ekong's stats? Or maybe you don't think a goalkeeper can win the man of the match either?

It is his choice. OdenigboAroli was impressed with the work rate, fight and tackles Onazi put in to help the team win. If he feels that was the best player, it is his choice. You can state who you think was your best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
ALGERIA LINKED WITH FAILED NIGERIA
TARGET LE GUEN

Local media reports have linked failed Nigeria
target Paul Le Guen to the vacant coaching post
at the World Cup rivals Algeria.

The Algeria football federation (FAF) have swung into action to replace the Serb Milovan Rajevac, who quit his post this week after Algeria were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Cameroon in a World Cup qualifier.

Le Guen sensationally turned down a chance to
handle Nigeria’s Super Eagles even after his
appointment was announced by the Nigeria
Football Federation (NFF).

He is still without work and has now been
mentioned with the Algeria top job along
compatriots Alain Perrin and Rolland Courbis.

And it is looking increasingly likely that the new
Algeria coach will be a French man with FAF
president Mohamed Raouraoua presently in Paris
to discuss with one of these targets.

The speed with which FAF have achieved to hire a new coach could well see them have their man in place before next month’s World Cup qualifier against Nigeria in Uyo.

The FAF boss was earlier this week cautious that a permanent coach will only be engaged before next year’s AFCON in Gabon.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/655319/Algeria-linked-with-failed-Nigeria-target-Le-Guen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

U mean Hybe. I guess he might feel he has a better chance making our bench cuz i don't see him playing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:09pm On Oct 14, 2016
Loooolllll.... Was that on purpose? grin

Called him "HYPE" instead of "HYBE"..... wink

Anyway, like Sir BascoVanVeli says, "na to provide quality bench material naa....." wink

TheGoodJoe:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
Relax Sir GoodJoe..... Sometimes, we gotta show how badly we want "something" or "someone". wink

TheGoodJoe:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Force him...No one can force anyone..

I think Ola Aina is more important tha Tammy or Jordan Ibe because of the lack of natural right backs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
Isaac Success: Watford's big money buy who's spent the international break gearing up for Boro
15:23, 13 Oct 2016
Updated 15:23, 13 Oct 2016
By Adam Steel

Hornets fans are clamouring for Isaac Success to start on Sunday :: He scored his first Watford goal in the 2-2 draw with Bournemouth before the break

Boro will have their hands full with an emerging striker whose name is tailor-made for headlines when they return to Premier League duty after the international break, if Watford fans have anything to do with it.

Isaac Success has enhanced his reputation as a dynamic player who defenders have a hard time getting a read on in Watford’s last few games, and is pushing for his first start when they visit the Riverside on Sunday .

The 20-year-old joined the Hornets in the summer in a club record £12.5m move from Spanish club Granada and scored his first goal for the club in the end-to-end 2-2 draw with Bournemouth.

Success wasn’t overnight for Isaac as he missed a chunk of pre-season and Watford’s summer trip to Austria after losing an important travel document, so he has been brought along gradually

But he has found his feet and bearings at a rapid rate since with impressive cameos from the bench against West Ham, Manchester United and Burnley, capping them off with a headed goal and a near-miss for a second against Bournemouth.

Super sub Success has stayed in England for the international break to recover from a knock which he decided not to risk after receiving his first senior call-up for Nigeria for their World Cup qualifier against Zambia.

And many Watford supporters are calling for the pacy and power-packed West African to start against Boro if he is fit enough as his compatriot Odion Ighalo has gone off the boil of late.
Burnley's Stephen Ward and Watford's Isaac Success

“When we’ve got a player like Isaac Success on our hands it becomes increasingly difficult to leave him out of the side,” @WatfordFCBlog writer Bradley Hayden told the Watford Observer.

“Especially when you’ve got one of our strikers underperforming at the moment.

“Success came on and changed the game once again against Bournemouth.

“His frightening pace and unpredictability makes him so hard to play against because you just don’t know what he is going to do next.

“He scored a magnificent goal, leaping like a salmon to head the ball past Bournemouth goalkeeper Artur Boruc to put us back on level terms.

“It’s come to a point now where the majority of supporters will be disappointed if he doesn’t start our next game and (Walter) Mazzarri surely can’t leave him on the bench after another promising appearance from the Nigerian youngster.”

Hornets boss Mazzarri has stressed that Success needs to work on the defensive side of his game but admits that he is coming increasingly into his thoughts when it comes to selecting his starting xi

“He’s a player who didn’t do the whole preparation with the team in the summer, so we have many things to consider,” Mazzarri said.

“If he starts, has he 90 minutes in the legs or not? We have to decide who starts and who starts as a sub but he’s a player with a lot of quality.

“He has always played very well when he’s come in,’ Mazzarri added.

“The only thing he needs is more continuity and to help the team.

“Strikers need to run up and down the whole pitch and help the team, this is what he needs to understand.

“If he gets this he’ll be one of the most important strikers we have.”

So, whether he starts the game or not, Boro will have to keep a watchful eye on Success if he gets a run-out at the Riverside judging by his latest performances

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
We are too concerned with attack minded players, can nfa luk for defenders for us pls.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
You have not seen anything yet, says Kelechi Iheanacho’s father

Archie Barnett

mcfcwatch.com

The father of Kelechi Iheanacho has spoken about his son after he scored yet another international goal for Nigeria.

Speaking to allnigeriasoccer.com, James Iheanacho has spoken of his pride after Kelechi Iheanacho scored another goal for Nigeria as they beat Zambia 2-1 on Sunday.

However, James insists that we still haven’t seen the best of the young striker, who has one of the highest shot-to-goals ration in the Premier League.

James Iheanacho said: “I am happy he scored again for the national team but he can do more. We are yet to see the best of him. Kelechi is ready to score in every game he enters the pitch,”

Kelechi has returned back in England after international duty and is back in training as the team prepare to face Everton at the weekend:
“He is back in England, he came back with the team from Zambia but went back on Monday.”

Copyright © 2016 City Watchy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:11pm On Oct 14, 2016
Precisely! smiley

We need more quality defensive reinforcements especially in both fullback positions.

tbaba1234:

Force him...No one can force anyone..

I think Ola Aina is more important tha Tammy or Jordan Ibe because of the lack of natural right backs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
SUPER EAGLES TEAMMATE CONFESSES –
WATCHING IWOBI & IHEANACHO PLAY IS LIKE
ART IN MOTION

The near perfect combination of Kelechi
Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi in the colours of the
Super Eagles is winning them lot of admirers,
including their national teammates.

Iwobi and Iheanacho got both goals for Nigeria in their 2-1 away win over Zambia in the 2018
World Cup qualifiers, a game which they combined to devastating effect bar the goals they scored.

According to the top scorer in the Nigeria
Professional Football League Godwin Obaje,
who was in camp with the duo. Their relationship is even more off the pitch but their combination on the pitch is magical.

” They are always together. Like twins off the
pitch, and watching them play on the pitch is like art in motion. Their movement off the ball is
crazy. They know where to locate each other” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I learnt a lot from them about how to thread
passes and movement off the ball. Am lucky to
have trained with stars of their kind”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/14/super-eagles-teammate-confesses-watching-iwobi-iheanacho-play-is-like-art-in-emotion/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:32pm On Oct 14, 2016
This one na Isaac Semitoje's opinion....... sad

So na Central defence be our problem? Him no see rightback ba? Some of these ex-internationals sef... sad

*lips sealed* I agree on Moses though. smiley

Moses return’ll boost Iheanacho, Iwobi –
Semitoje

Isaac Semitoje believes Nigeria can run riot
against Algeria in their Russia 2018 World Cup
Group B qualifier in Uyo on November 12 with in-form Chelsea winger Victor Moses called up for the encounter.

Moses pulled out of the Super Eagles’ opening
World Cup qualifier against Zambia on Sunday
after picking up a hamstring injury while playing
for Chelsea against Hull City in their Premier
League fixture.

However, the 25-year-old’s absence didn’t affect the Eagles, who defeated Chipolopolo 2-1 at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola, Zambia.

Arsenal’s rising star Alex Iwobi opened the scoring for the Eagles in the 33rd minute – and
Manchester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho
doubled the three-time African champions’ lead
10 minutes later as he pounced on a pass from
Greece-based Brown Ideye before rounding
Zambia goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene and hitting home.

Veteran striker Collins Mbesuma capitalised on
Kenneth Omeruo’s schoolboy defending to score
Zambia’s goal in the encounter.

Tunisia ’94 Africa Cup of Nations winner Semitoje, who hailed Nigeria’s performance in the historic clash, which saw them beating Chipolopolo at home for the first time since 1973, says Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr should invite Moses for next month’s fixture against Algeria.

The former Iwuanyanwu Nationale captain, who
was dropped by Dutchman Clemens Westerhof on the eve of the Eagles’ departure for the United States for the 1994 World Cup, is tipping Nigeria to overrun the Desert Foxes in Uyo. Algeria on Sunday threw away an early lead to draw 1-1 against Cameroon in the second Group B fixture in Blida.

The outcome of the game drew outrage from the fans and the media, prompting the Algeria
Football Federation to fire their Serbian manager
Milovan Rajevac on Tuesday.

“I’m satisfied with the outcome of our game
against Zambia; it was a deserved win,” the
Algiers ’90 Africa Cup of Nations silver medallist
told our correspondent on the telephone from his base in Denmark on Wednesday.

“Judging by the fighting spirit I saw in the Eagles against Zambia, I believe we will beat Algeria home and away.

“I think Cameroon will be our greatest problem in the group, but we can go for a draw against them at home (Yaounde) and try to beat them in Nigeria.”

He added, “We need Moses badly. With him,
Iheanacho and Iwobi will be guaranteed great
chances to score goals for us.

“Moses is an intelligent player. He can create
something from nothing. He possesses the quality to unlock defences with his movement. He’s quick and reads the game.

“Iheanacho and Iwobi will be happy to have a
player like Moses playing in the same side with
them because he is a fighter.

“We also need Odion Ighalo back in the team.
He’s a quality striker. Our problem right now is
our central defence.

“There seems to be a lack of understanding
between (William) Troost-Ekong and Omeruo. The coach should work on this fast.”

Semitoje praised Rohr’s team selection, saying
the German also made the right substitutions in
Sunday’s game.

Source: http://punchng.com/moses-returnll-boost-iheanacho-iwobi-semitoje/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
ChrisKels:

If Pinnick succeeds in bringing that boy home, then it could be one good thing, just one good thing he ever did for Nigerian football. I read that Tammy's father is Pinnick's bosom friend. They grew up together in Warri just like iwobi and akpom grew up together at Hale End Academy. They are more like brothers from different parents and Pinnick said Tammy is like a son to him. He said Tammy is secured already that when we are ready(not when Tammy is ready), his papers wll be processed.

I wanna see him battle for a starting shirt with Osimhen next year. The era of misfiring strikers(I no call names o) is coming to an abrupt end.

Players that might debut for Eagles next year include ; Musa Yahaya, Ovie Ejaria, Chidozie Awaziem, Victor Osimhen, Orji Okonkwo, the Nwakali brothers and of course Tammy Abraham.

Awua of intermilan, Nuru of Roma, Olumola of SOTON, forgiveness' Tyrone of Denhag are also waxing strong. IMO

grin hopefully! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princesuko(m): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
Mickael2:

You know people will take your stats seriously when you start being sincere. Comparison to Busquets is a lame attempt to discredit him as Onazi Played as a Box-Box Midfielder that day. Is Kante a DM or B2B midfielder? if you can answer that then we can have a discussion. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: freesinzu(m), komekn(m), quickberry(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.