Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,762 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11658451 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15665) (15666) (15667) (15668) (15669) (15670) (15671) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:47pm On Feb 01
orriyomi33:
Nwabali will be available for tomorrow's game

Nwabilion not Nwabali

💰💰💰💰💰💰

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:47pm On Feb 01
David Okreke to Torino... Done deal.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01
TradingGod:
JP is one of Mourinho disciple so it is expected of him to teach the boys gidigbo football cheesy

I am not a fan of Mourinho and all along I have been indifferent about JP until this AFCON.
If you really objectively watch those games we drew against Lesotho and Zimbabwe, not that the boys didn't play just that they couldn't easily unlock the defence of those teams. What the team lacked was creativity and they still lack it. However, in this AFCON they have been able to make up for it with power, long balls and speed, which are mostly what you need to play against African oppositions. This style of play will take you no where in a major tournament like the world cup. Going forward we still need to do something about that our midfield.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:49pm On Feb 01
lovewins:

Asides the stated point, thing is he's not a 2 way player. Most of the commentaries I have read online says his defence is the reason he's starts on the bench. I think with the Raptors he gets the chance to build with a team that isn't likely to make the playoffs. Funny thing is they wanted to draft him in 2020, now they get a chance to really use him if they choose to and grow with him.

Defense is not the reason. I have watched him alot and his defense is good enough to keep him on an NBA court. He has even made himself a better rebounder over his career. All this is nba politics. Jordan would easily average 10 plus a game if he had consistent minutes off the bench but that would demand a significant spike in salary which teams have not been willing to pay. Right now he has a foreign coach and a Nigerian team president, so my prayer is that he finally gets a chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:50pm On Feb 01
orriyomi33:
Nwabali will be available for tomorrow's game

They should have kept this secret so that the Angolans will be busy watching Uzoho's past clips only for us to unleash Nwabali on them grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:50pm On Feb 01
Who is seeing the Duke Udi interview about what Sunday Oliseh did for everyone in 2002? Wow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:51pm On Feb 01
daveP:
Who is seeing the Duke Udi interview about what Sunday Oliseh did for everyone in 2002? Wow.

Hmm... Duke Udi. This guy na baller da year o grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 2:08pm On Feb 01
BascoVanVeli:

Defense is not the reason. I have watched him alot and his defense is good enough to keep him on an NBA court. He has even made himself a better rebounder over his career. All this is nba politics. Jordan would easily average 10 plus a game if he had consistent minutes off the bench but that would demand a significant spike in salary which teams have not been willing to pay. Right now he has a foreign coach and a Nigerian team president, so my prayer is that he finally gets a chance.

But he averaged 19 minutes per game in his second season with the Bucks and played 68 games in total. In his 3rd season he averaged almost 15.7 minutes per game and played 38 games before he was traded. When he joined the Pacers towards the later part of that season he averaged 24.6 minutes per game playing 24 games for them and interestingly having his career high point average with them. They also won't be talking about contract renegotiation till 2025. Really do not think money is the reason.

But like you said, really hope he gets his shot with the raptors.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 2:09pm On Feb 01
ChrisKels:

This is still very surprising. How did this guy do so well in the Seria A last season with a very poor team and none of the clubs signed him till now? I sincerely thought he was going to be hot take for at least the mid table clubs with ambition.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:22pm On Feb 01
Icon4s:

They should have kept this secret so that the Angolans will be busy watching Uzoho's past clips only for us to unleash Nwabali on them grin
Nigerians dey para for Uzoho to the extent saying they want Ojo in goal if Nwabali is not fit for Angola match.....Uzoho after Afcon should get a break from eagles and focus on his career just like Agbonavbare resuscitated his career after conceding five goals keeping for NNB in WAFU Cup....Agbonavbare came out stronger in Spanish La liga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:23pm On Feb 01
lovewins:

This is still very surprising. How did this guy do so well in the Seria A last season with a very poor team and none of the clubs signed him till now? I sincerely thought he was going to be hot take for at least the mid table clubs with ambition.
It happens in football if a player don't have good management managing him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:25pm On Feb 01
daveP:
I see am for cyber eagles last night
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:30pm On Feb 01
Go chop bisqit
bisqit:
go and sleep

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:32pm On Feb 01
It will be tough, but Lookman has broken the locks. Hopefully all our forwards will come blazing for once

Omanambala:

It's not as if Nigeria does not have what it takes to beat them. But you will be tough....very tough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:32pm On Feb 01
ChrisKels:
didn't cedis coming

Nice ❤️❤️❤️

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:32pm On Feb 01
I’m already thinking of the WC cheesy
TheSuperNerd:
Lol. Waiting isn't a luxury I have anymore.

Nwakali's dead ball specialty just fetched him another Assist vs Sporting Braga tonight. Game still on.

Imagine adding this weaponry to the Super Eagles again.

Anyway, less talk about a player not at the Afcon.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:33pm On Feb 01
femicyrus:

Interesting!
He is now related to mourinho!
The same P.E teacher before afcon?
I wonder oooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:36pm On Feb 01
Sir we need Obasogie, Nwoke and all the best gks in the NPFL. For now let’s reserve that for the homebased players. Our best goalkeepers are in Africa.

Kog45:
Nigerians dey para for Uzoho to the extent saying they want Ojo in goal if Nwabali is not fit for Angola match.....Uzoho after Afcon should get a break from eagles and focus on his career just like Agbonavbare resuscitated his career after conceding five goals keeping for NNB in WAFU Cup....Agbonavbare came out stronger in Spanish La liga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:38pm On Feb 01
When Jpes goes…
Icon4s:

I am not a fan of Mourinho and all along I have been indifferent about JP until this AFCON.
If you really objectively watch those games we drew against Lesotho and Zimbabwe, not that the boys didn't play just that they couldn't easily unlock the defence of those teams. What the team lacked was creativity and they still lack it. However, in this AFCON they have been able to make up for it with power, long balls and speed, which are mostly what you need to play against African oppositions. This style of play will take you no where in a major tournament like the world cup. Going forward we still need to do something about that our midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01
a half-fit Stanley Nwabali is better than Francis Uzoho and we would rather have Nwabali on crutches playing in goal than trust Francis Uzoho.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:42pm On Feb 01
True as we already know what Nwakali can do. Also we have to make some move for those dual nationals.

charlesemeka85:
currently we hv enough strikers and he has to do something extra ordinary to attract the nff and super eagles coaching crew

I think when it comes to tapping this European born players the major focus for now should be in areas where the team lacks quality for instance midfield and defense

CBs like Ekong, Ajayi and Omeruo are still dependable but are aging at the same time. one or two understudies can be drafted to the team to learn from the above trio as well as serve as their heir when they eventually retires

In midfield, a player like Aribo should be dropped for now in order to give others a chance to show what they can offer

the wings should be under consideration too. Inconsistent players like Moses and Samu need competitions to sit out or to be dropped. Musa after the afcon I believe wants to retire and a player like Tella should be his replacement. Belgium based Yira Sor can be given a chance to battle for shirt with Samu and Moses

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:54pm On Feb 01
Nomyth:
Camerounians are saying on social media that the times we've beaten them in AFCON we have failed to make it to the finals.
And the times we've beaten CIV,we ended up wining the cup.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 3:07pm On Feb 01
soetanoreoluwa:
Good morning family!

Today is my birthday..

SoarHighSuperEagles!!!!
happy birthday bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:13pm On Feb 01
Kog45:
Oga Dan,I don tire....Omeruo deserves respect,since 2013 and still part of the team.
A player who is still playing active football since over a decade,
and someone is still shouting age cheating up and down.

Komkn bias against naija home grown is deep rooted

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:19pm On Feb 01
The solution to our midfield problems is in the horizon with the likes of Ebenezer, Eletu, Fisayo Bashiru and maybe a rejuvenated Nwakali still to come.

Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:35pm On Feb 01
charlesemeka85:
I see am for cyber eagles last night
So you too dey go cybereagles? Those guys there can be harsh and vile with words ehn but they are quite knowledgeable

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:49pm On Feb 01
Mujtahida:

So you too dey go cybereagles? Those guys there can be harsh and vile with words ehn but they are quite knowledgeable
I Dey visit the forum but not a member
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:49pm On Feb 01
chrisooblog:
The solution to our midfield problems is in the horizon with the likes of Ebenezer, Eletu, Fisayo Bashiru and maybe a rejuvenated Nwakali still to come.

Add Michael Folorunsho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:55pm On Feb 01
Stanley Nwabali cleared to feature against 🇦🇴

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oboto700(m): 3:59pm On Feb 01
Icon4s:

see shut up.. how many teams have you coached? How many trophies have you won? If nothin... keep shut...this team have gotten a Workin formation for them and it fine for All of us.. nonsense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oboto700(m): 3:59pm On Feb 01
charlesemeka85:
Stanley Nwabali cleared to feature against 🇦🇴
not yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 4:05pm On Feb 01
Icon4s:

But Iwobi fan boys said he is having a fantastic game and owned the midfield against Cameroon....laugh wan tear my blokos. Pesin wey we no know whether na defender him be or midfield. Onyeka is playing defensive midfield and attacking while Iwobi hides in the field walking around like an unburied corpse. What an incompetent midfielder! Cant hold the ball for more than 5 seconds...pathetic. Someone even said he is one of our best players in the tournament.

We need a proper midfield for goodness sake

(1) (2) (3) ... (15665) (15666) (15667) (15668) (15669) (15670) (15671) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waffiboi, kingphilip(m), Meliforme, Marjoribanks, MegaStarr(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.