Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11691687 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15692) (15693) (15694) (15695) (15696) (15697) (15698) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:14pm On Feb 02
forgiveness:

We indeed blew dem away but final balls in the box and not being prolific in the box hindered us.

However, a win is a win. Nobody go remember your tiki taka. Na who carry cup dem go remember. grin

Make we dey win like this until the we carry cup. Opari. grin

Na one goal we knack Burkina Faso take win 2013. One goal is Bae. Like JPes talk, if I score you one goal and prevent you from scoring, I don win you

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:14pm On Feb 02
Joebie:
Zaidu when don dey fumble since. Na him dey force himself to start match.

Osimhen suppose don chop bench small though his name is written in most of our goals. Doesn’t mean Moffi, Iheanacho cannot do a thing. Maybe Osimhen needs a little reset.

how una Dey reason self? A coach should rest his most important player in the knock out phase of a competition?

Osimhen tell u say em don tire to start games? Do I know that only osimhen’s presence do distabilize opponents defense line?

Nawaooo

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:14pm On Feb 02
grin grin grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 9:15pm On Feb 02
Must you comment? You're talking out of your Ass man
drDoom3:

But it is true. If Moses Simon was a little less pacy, or Lookman isn't an amazing ball striker, we probably would be talking extra time, cos God knows we weren't scoring again in that game with those terrorism tactics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:15pm On Feb 02
jihday:
we must wrap up our next game before the 60th minute, these guys are exhausted
If the game had entered extra time, Angola would have defeated us or at least take us to penalties.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:15pm On Feb 02
Blueelf:
grin grin grin
Here na opposite cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:16pm On Feb 02
Omo!!!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:16pm On Feb 02
Joebie:
Zaidu when don dey fumble since. Na him dey force himself to start match.

Osimhen suppose don chop bench small though his name is written in most of our goals. Doesn’t mean Moffi, Iheanacho cannot do a thing. Maybe Osimhen needs a little reset.

are you sure the boys on the bench are better? nobody is sure o. Can Iheaancho and Moffi stand those tackles Oshinmen has been getting from defenders in this competition?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 9:18pm On Feb 02
If if if if undecided do you have sense like this ? if your dad had used condom then you won't exist.....that make sense? No
drDoom3:

If you sit that deep against quality players consistently, you are playing Russian roulette, it is only a matter of time.

If that ball they hit the bar with went in, how would we respond? Osimhen was already gassed, Peseiro will bring Onuachu on to score two?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:18pm On Feb 02
Which kain penalty dem just give Guinea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 9:19pm On Feb 02
charlesemeka85:
we too get pride the reason other African countries don’t like us 🤣🤣🤣

In African terrain we behave like Americans that always think that the world start and ends in the US 🤣🤣🤣🤣

See naturally
Nigeria is the big brother anywhere africans gather in the world

So the jealousy is understood

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:19pm On Feb 02
Bro. I’m not speaking of this match alone. Osimhen should have chopped bech at some point. We have a Moffi that can also score. I already made my point that he is a big influence in almost all our goals. But he has missed so much chances all the same.

charlesemeka85:
how una Dey reason self? A coach should rest his most important player in the knock out phase of a competition?

Osimhen tell u say em don tire to start games? Do I know that only osimhen’s presence do distabilize opponents defense line?

Nawaooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:20pm On Feb 02
The way this team play for 75 minutes was actually scary.

With a fit Boniface, Awoniyi and Ndidi. We will be unstoppable.

Angola only chance from open play came from a mistake from the midfield.

Haba give JP his due credit!

Iwobi and Onyeka are the backbone of this team. The control, the passes, the tackles and the pressing! Wow!

We are building a very scary team, we must not spoil it with impatient and over-expectation.

Lets go Super Eagles!! Lets go Naijaaa!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 9:21pm On Feb 02
Tell us the match osihmen should have been bench undecided
Joebie:
Bro. I’m not speaking of this match alone. Osimhen should have chopped bech at some point. We have a Moffi that can also score. I already made my point that he is a big influence in almost all our goals. But he has missed so much chances all the same.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 9:21pm On Feb 02
safarigirl:
Imma say it now.

Ekong deserves to lift that trophy as the Super Eagles captain.

Please, whatever happens, if we do win that trophy, they should make sure he's the one doing the lifting. He has done a madness in defence in this tournament, a true rock of Gibraltar.
You know in 2013 Mikel took the trophy to yobo am sure Ekong will do same.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:21pm On Feb 02
Odunayaw:
Here na opposite cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:21pm On Feb 02
I’m not implying that. But we’ve seen
Situations when the main striker is replaced and the sub scores. Doesn’t make the latter better. Damn utilize ur bench for a better outcome.

Goke7:

are you sure the boys on the bench are better? nobody is sure o. Can Iheaancho and Moffi stand those tackles Oshinmen has been getting from defenders in this competition?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:22pm On Feb 02
Oga must he play 80+ mins all the time? Na common sense thing na.

isan:
Tell us the match osihmen should have been bench undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:22pm On Feb 02
Marjoribanks:
The way this team play for 75 minutes was actually scary.

With a fit Boniface, Awoniyi and Ndidi. We will be unstoppable.

Angola only chance from open play came from a mistake from the midfield.

Haba give JP his due credit!

Iwobi and Onyeka are the backbone of this team. The control, the passes, the tackles and the pressing! Wow!

We are building a very scary team, we must not spoil it with impatient and over-expectation.

Lets go Super Eagles!! Lets go Naijaaa!!

God bless you o. Nobody gave this team a chance including me and they are in the semi finals. The coach and the boys have done well. This is a very strong Afcon, the days our boys play ajebutter football are over, even Bassey wan slap person papa for field today haba, what do we want again. Ghana, Cameroon, Egypt and co will wish they were in our position.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eunoiaa(f): 9:23pm On Feb 02
TheSuperNerd:
If not for that tiny inch from Osimhen's arm, he did score today as I predicted since couple of days ago. He needs to learn to watch his lines in tandem with the opposition defenders. Aside that, he remains our biggest Attacking threat. Him as the pointman makes everyone else shine.

And finally THE BEST DEFENCE IN THE TOURNAMENT AND ON THE CONTINENT CURRENTLY, MARCHES ON

🇳🇬 🇳🇬 🇳🇬 🇳🇬 🇳🇬

I had to search for your handle and came here because of you. grin

PS.: It's Magy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:23pm On Feb 02
Joebie:
Omo!!!

If you check, Osimhen has missed up to, or even more than 50% of those chances. I wonder when he's going to find his scoring boots, because na Semi Final we don enter so oo.

He can't afford to miss such chances in the Semi final.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Zellas: 9:24pm On Feb 02
Yusuf is very useful to this team. Apart from marking and keeping the midfield compact, He connects with the strikers easily with simple passes.
I won't mind patnering him with Onyeka while Iwobi is moved further up closer to Osimhen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:25pm On Feb 02
Odunayaw:
Those are those silly IFs you guys bring up. WTH!

Well unfortunately for you Moses is pacy and Lookman is an amazing ball striker!

And what do you mean terrorism tactics? Make una step up with una match analysis abeg
na “shebi I tell una” gang member 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:25pm On Feb 02
charlesemeka85:
I think the reason he brings him in is not about scoring but to hold up play and attract fouls

That is defending frm the front tactically
In JPes system the attackers are the first defenders. That's why he likes Osimhen cos Osimhen keeps the opposite defense busy thereby taking the pressure off our own defense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:25pm On Feb 02
Joebie:
I’m not implying that. But we’ve seen
Situations when the main striker is replaced and the sub scores. Doesn’t make the latter better. Damn utilize ur bench for a better outcome.

All are assumptions, it's difficult to remove your danger man except he says he cannot continue, ask any coach, na wetin dey cause fight between big players and coaches.

Look at the Angolan captain today, he was shocked to see the coach removing and replacing him

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:26pm On Feb 02
That’s the problem, I knew people will come for me if I criticized this but I will always spit facts. Osimhen’s name is written in almost all our goals but he has wasted quite a bunch all the same. He is our top striker. And it’s okay for him to be subbed for a player given the role to score and not just to hold.

COOL10:

If you check, Osimhen has missed up to, or even more than 50% of those chances. I wonder when he's going to find his scoring boots, because na Semi Final we don enter so oo.

He can't afford to miss such chances in the Semi final.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:27pm On Feb 02
Mujtahida:

In JPes system the attackers are the first defenders. That's why he likes Osimhen cos Osimhen keeps the opposite defense busy thereby taking the pressure off our own defense
u sabi game 👍👍👍🔥

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:27pm On Feb 02
We Dey say am for Napoli and heavens will not fall. Even Osimhen knows it’s all about the team.

Goke7:

All are assumptions, it's difficult to remove your danger man except he says he cannot continue, ask any coach, na wetin dey cause fight between big players and coaches.

Look at the Angolan captain today, he was shocked to see the coach removing and replacing him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 9:27pm On Feb 02
jieta:
You know in 2013 Mikel took the trophy to yobo am sure Ekong will do same.

Not Mikel. Enyeama rather
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:28pm On Feb 02
Blueelf:
grin grin grin grin

this caption is crazy.... Nobody dey score unless you bring your own goalpost
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:28pm On Feb 02
Joebie:
We Dey say am for Napoli and heavens will not fall. Even Osimhen knows it’s all about the team.

that's why he will leave Napoli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:28pm On Feb 02
To those saying Nwabali hasn't been tested. Has he now been tested or not yet?

Man is an Enyeama Jnr👏👏

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15692) (15693) (15694) (15695) (15696) (15697) (15698) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Taazenga(m), Turtlez and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.