Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,338 members, 7,822,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11717107 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15786) (15787) (15788) (15789) (15790) (15791) (15792) ... (16163) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08
Omanambala:

Lol....do you know how much your post irritates me ?
I knw because you are just wicked naturally 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Obi gi ajoka 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:50pm On Feb 08
charlesemeka85:
If Olise moves to a club like Man United who hv pencilled him down as Antony’s replacement next summer he will opt for France

Dat na sure banker but who can he displace in the French team now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 12:52pm On Feb 08
charlesemeka85:
why do u like doubting all the time?😳😜

Man of lil faith 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If the nff push for the kid we will get him I believe. His dad wants him to play for Nigeria.
dorgu scored the winner for leece in the 92nd minute 👌🏾

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:54pm On Feb 08
Oasis007:
grin

Dominic Solanke can still switch and play for Nigeria though, so if genuinely he wants to play for us now, why not?!

The more the merrier. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 12:54pm On Feb 08
Oboto700:
don't forget ekong is getting old.. he's a defender though. We need another cb to take over from him..
aina is gonna be 31 this year shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:55pm On Feb 08
What about Chukwuemeka? Looks like someone destined for great things if he can stay injury free.

In the short term who do you reckon should join the team to provide midfield control after the AFCON? I understand people's criticism of Iwobi but he is not built to be a midfield conductor. Isn't there an unknown guy we can try with an Oliseh/Mikel/Oruma or even Obodo kind of profile?

charlesemeka85:

U get eye 👁

That Noni and Samu Dey play like say na the same mama born dem 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08
Rockyrascal:
Please is Joshua zirkzee eligible to represent GWG?
yes nigerian mothet

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 12:58pm On Feb 08
forgiveness:

Tammy and Tomori are no longer eligible to play for Nigeria.
I'm aware
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:58pm On Feb 08
Goke7:

Aina has done everything right until yesterday's game, perhaps the change in the position he played. He and Iwobi losing the ball carelessly made SA shone like stars, hope zaidu will be back for the final o make Aina dey him dey

Zaidu has been proven to be outdated and expired.

Aina a much better option, with composure, delivery, end product how many pin point crosses did Aina give yesterday in my opinion at least 4/5 and then defence splitting passes,plus defending and releasing ball to feet 🐾. Not just kicking it to row z.

Add to that his ball throwing it's almost like having a corner.

Aina could probably play midfield better than our midfielders that's how good he is .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:59pm On Feb 08
Omanambala:

Those crying about Zaidu have motives. He was not missed.
I don't see anything particularly impressive about Zaidu. Make them go rest
He's not there to impress you. He's there to do proper defending and he's the best we have for now.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:59pm On Feb 08
Unlimited22:

I'm aware

Okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:00pm On Feb 08
chrisooblog:
What about Chukwuemeka? Looks like someone destined for great things if he can stay injury free.

In the short term who do you reckon should join the team to provide midfield control after the AFCON? I understand people's criticism of Iwobi but he is not built to be a midfield conductor. Isn't there an unknown guy we can try with an Oliseh/Mikel/Oruma or even Obodo kind of profile?

Very simple Tim Iroegbunam.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:00pm On Feb 08
Nigeriagood:
aina is gonna be 31 this year shocked
Aina is 27
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 1:00pm On Feb 08
Nigeriagood:
tongue worship who? Ndah is a 26 year old 6ft 3 starter for Orlando pirates that's all I also watch the dstv premiership
Go on X or any other social media platform and check what Orlando Pirates fans think of him. Their love for him is pure madness
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:00pm On Feb 08
komekn:

Very simple Tim Iroegbunam.
this guy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:01pm On Feb 08
Amazing how this is one of the questions I have been racking my brains about since the round of 16.

Onyeka is currently unbenchable as far as the 343 system is concerned. He is the spine of that middle.

Interesting how a change of system can finally bring out the best in a player. Tailor made for the 343, this Onyeka.

Iwobi rather even struggled a bit vs SA but Onyeka shone and shone.

ChrisKels:
Where will Ndidi play when he comes back?

Onyeka is now the most important player in our midfield. If we maintain this system, who sits between Ndidi and Iwobi?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:02pm On Feb 08
Of course na France no mind the yeye boy.

If NFF can play their cards right in terms of recruitment of players and coach (if/when JP departs) the team would be a scary prospect for opponents not only on the continent but the bigger teams as well.

forgiveness:

I hope so. Maybe that was why he opted for Algeria then but dem don fall em hand. grin

Perhaps, he is waiting for France. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:02pm On Feb 08
chrisooblog:

Chukwuemeka will be tough to get. Even if he doesn’t get a chance with the 3 lions Austria may cap him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:02pm On Feb 08
Goke7:

I had respected him before now but with that foolish statement, dude should getat, I was even thinking if Paseiro leaves and SA no longer want Broos, he could be considered as our next coach but with those foolish words, I now wan see the man again. You were lucky to even be in the semis because of an inexperienced Cape Verde. VAR gave you a second chance yesterday and you dey talk rubbish. Your boys were good in first half but as predicted gassed out in the second half but for Lookman as you said it would have been another 2-0 victory for us.

Even talking about tactics, he did well by exposing our team but our coach responded by bringing in players in extra time who not only earned his defender a red card but went ahead to take great penalty kicks, Broos should have been more humble in defeat, no one gave SA a chance to come this far at all.

Osimhen also missed chances in the second half though.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:03pm On Feb 08
charlesemeka85:
Chukwuemeka will be tough to get. Even if he doesn’t get a chance with the 3 lions Austria may cap him

He is a very good player. We should approach him now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:04pm On Feb 08
forgiveness:

He is a very good player. We should approach him now.
no doubt about that but it won’t be easy and if he turns us down I won’t be pained nor surprised
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 1:04pm On Feb 08
What is our plan B when opponents decide to double mark our wingers?

Seems some teams have mastered this against us and it seems to be very effective.

Tunisia used the tactic to devastating effect the last time and we just saw SA used the same and it worked.

What exactly can we do differently when teams decide to neutralize our wingers?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:04pm On Feb 08
TheSuperNerd:
Amazing how this is one of the questions I have been racking my brains about since the round of 16.

Onyeka is currently unbenchable as far as the 343 system is concerned. He is the spine of that middle.

Interesting how a change of system can finally bring out the best in a player. Tailor made for the 343, this Onyeka.

Iwobi rather even struggled a bit vs SA but Onyeka shone and shone.

Are you saying, Onyeka will bench Ndidi when he's around? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DissTroy(m): 1:05pm On Feb 08
Odunayaw:
The times of the Oyibo Wall, it was popularised that both surnames had something to do with battle

Yes. Ekong means "war" in Ibibio. Ogun means "war" in Yoruba.

Balogun means "war general" in Yoruba. In Ibibio, it's "Otuekong".

So Ekong is actually " Otuekong" interchangeably.

Our Oyibo Wall have War Generals as their literal names.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:05pm On Feb 08
chrisooblog:

Michael Folorunsho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:06pm On Feb 08
chrisooblog:
Of course na France no mind the yeye boy.

If NFF can play their cards right in terms of recruitment of players and coach (if/when JP departs) the team would be a scary prospect for opponents not only on the continent but the bigger teams as well.

It's glaring. The guy just dey use Nigeria and Algeria head nack demselves. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:07pm On Feb 08
forgiveness:

Are you saying, Onyeka will bench Ndidi when he's around? grin
very possible based on current form but I think the edge ndidi may hv over Onyeka is his new found ability on the ball

But Onyeka na machine. Pure armored tank with engine to run non stop for 120 mins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 1:07pm On Feb 08
comodo:
. But other countries in front will be moving too. Abi dem go remain stagnant?
Na only if them dey play matches dem go move up... If they are not playing they'll be on the same spot or person go climb their head then they go down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 1:08pm On Feb 08
charlesemeka85:
I see one video for X where SA immigration officers full street today they arrest Nigerian immigrants for deportation 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
it done start o 😂

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 1:09pm On Feb 08
maidaboi:
If it's easy make oyinbo sign you
😂😂😂😂
You dey mind am 😂😂😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:09pm On Feb 08
charlesemeka85:
mpi anu, talking shit as usual 🤣🤣🤣
We go just dey attack players. Chai, I really love oyibo, they are so appreciative. Our own na to blame, curse, swear, denigrate and lampoon players.

This thing no easy ooo. I will keep saying it

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:09pm On Feb 08
Absolutely!
Mujtahida:

They played gallantly. Worthy opponents. I doff my hat to them. Their efforts should render every form of boasting or trolling lame. They deserve nothing but respect and applause.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15786) (15787) (15788) (15789) (15790) (15791) (15792) ... (16163) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sojious, charlesemeka85(m), 10cedes, geonyte(m), teeshet, eddie7 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.