Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11777015 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15809) (15810) (15811) (15812) (15813) (15814) (15815) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:19pm On Feb 10
DissTroy:

And this overconfidence from fans and players alike might be our undoing.
I don't think the players are overconfident. Only the fans are boasting. And, it may lead to something serious health-wise. Tomorrow like this, if my heart no fit take am, I will just off phone and go on a stroll.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:21pm On Feb 10
The bolded is it. CIV is not under any damn pressure. That’s a motivation, not pressure.

mostob:
What exactly are you saying? I gave you my opinions and why I feel CIV will be under pressure. Wetin bring emotion and ladies talk?
Whether we're in their shoes or in their boxers, the scenarios are still the same. Nigeria would never want to lose twice to a team in a single tourney.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:23pm On Feb 10
My bad I read your response wrongly.

mostob:
There will be pressure bro.
CIV wouldn't want to lose the second time so they would do everything to win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:23pm On Feb 10
Joebie:
Thats the point. Our players need all the motivation like they never met CIV before. A team that lost scandalously to EG 4-0. Chamged rheir coach and have managed to pull through to the finals in front of their home fans each game, have only one thing in their minds which is revenge. They are not under pressure to win the trophy because all hope seemed lost at a point. They are determined to beat us, and if they do, the trophy will just be an icing on the cake.

I repeat, what we need right now is the right minds around the players talking the right talk, not politicians which could be counter productive .

If you're out for a revenge against a team that defeated you days ago, you will feel.a pressure. All you will carry in your mind is the fact that you must not lose. As for Nigeria, we already know what to expect from them. They're coming for revenge so we will be better prepared. Mind I remind you that CIV is at home. They're the host.... They will be under pressure to win the cup.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DissTroy(m): 8:24pm On Feb 10
mostob:
I don't think the players are overconfident. Only the fans are boasting. And, it may lead to something serious health-wise. Tomorrow like this, if my heart no fit take am, I will just off phone and go on a stroll.
Fans are completely fixated on the fun of trolling Ghana and South Africa all year long that we are looking past the actual game.

For us Twitter banter supersedes the possibilities of the 90 minutes on the pitch.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:25pm On Feb 10
It’s a case of a cup half full or half empty.

In this case, where a slim victory via pk was the first outcome, it’s more of a motivation to revenge not a fear to lose again.

mostob:
If you're out for a revenge against a team that defeated you days ago, you will feel.a pressure. All you will carry in your mind is the fact that you must not lose. As for Nigeria, we already know what to expect from them. They're coming for revenge so we will be better prepared. Mind I remind you that CIV is at home. They're the host.... They will be under pressure to win the cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:26pm On Feb 10
DissTroy:

Fans are completely fixated on the fun of trolling Ghana and South Africa all year long that we are looking past the actual game.

For us Twitter banter supersedes the possibilities of the 90 minutes on the pitch.
Exactly..... Hopefully, we will carry the cup. A win tomorrow will be great for the country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:26pm On Feb 10
Joebie:
The bolded is it. CIV is not under any damn pressure. That’s a motivation, not pressure.

I'm not disputing that. They are motivated and at the same time they will be under pressure to win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:28pm On Feb 10
Joebie:
So u could not stop to think if we were in their shoes.
I excuse ladies for being overly emotional. However men need to apply a great deal of logic.

I want us to win tomorrow. In fact I’m praying for it. But I will always be objective, because God is also an Ivorian lol

Caution is not usually a virtue of a vengeful man.

Were we in CIV shoes this Nigerians would largely be saying "Moses why have you brought us this far for Pharaoh to kill us and our children"

I have never been to CIV so I can't tell of the mentality of the fans though.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:28pm On Feb 10
We need a little more owambe no doubt. I wish the trophy can really unite us. Because I know it will not translate to better governance. We need it for unity sake.

mostob:
Exactly..... Hopefully, we will carry the cup. A win tomorrow will be great for the country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:29pm On Feb 10
Haller and Adingra starting tomorrow will be a game changer of we're not careful. All those long balls Krasso was wasting will be well utilized by Haller.

We will need Simon tomorrow to help with Adingra otherwise I would have opined Moffi or Nacho should start alongside Osimhen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:29pm On Feb 10
It won’t be down to the fans — I think. As long as they won’t be booing their own team..
Odunayaw:
Caution is not usually a virtue of a vengeful man.

Were we in CIV shoes this Nigerians would largely be saying "Moses why have you brought us this far for Pharaoh to kill us and our children"

I have never been to CIV so I can't tell of the mentality of the fans though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:29pm On Feb 10
DissTroy:

Fans and their banter won't kick a ball on the pitch.

Except you have access to the Team's camp you can't know for sure how the players see the game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:30pm On Feb 10
Joebie:
We need a little more owambe no doubt. I wish the trophy can really unite us. Because I know it will not translate to better governance. We need it for unity sake.

Yea... for unity sake. Nigeria is a happy country without the usual tribal and religious nonsense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:31pm On Feb 10
Joebie:
It won’t be down to the fans — I think. As long as they won’t be booing their own team..
It will largely be down to the fans. A fandom that rioted not too long ago adds a bit of fear of consequences to the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stillwater10: 8:32pm On Feb 10
Curtisaxel17:

Sorry to say but this Ahmed Musa has no shame. Shamelessness mixed with selfishness and greed.

It is already clear that he is as useful to the team as the "ueue" in "Queue" yet he insists on taking up a team slot and collecting bonuses and allowances for doing nothing. The classic Third-world leaders' Sit-tight mentality. Tufiakwa.

If his motivational speech is so important to the team, what stops him from paying visits to the team camp and talking with the players from time to time or sending his advice via zoom calls or WhatsApp voice notes? Must he take up a team slot?

If na so Kanu and co take do, would he (Musa) have gotten a chance to play for the SE in the first place?

Nonsense and legend.

There is no team where everyone gets equal game time. There are some players in a team would would be confined to constant bench, now how those benched players conduct themselves is very critical to the success of the team. There are some players who will cause disharmony because of lack of game time and no coach wants to deal with dressing room wahala.
Even though I feel Musa's time is up, we should not underestimate the role Musa has played in this tourney. Elneny is also useless to the arsenal squad but there is a reason he was given contract extension and Elneny is generally loved and respected by Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:34pm On Feb 10
do4luv14:

Sir humble

longest time no See, trust you are doing great Sir

Yes Brother

It has been a while
Happy New Year
Don't mind komekn I nor know wetin this innocent players do am. All because they're home grown. Which unbiased and rational person go hate on Alhassan Yusuf?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:34pm On Feb 10
Joebie:
Thats the point. Our players need all the motivation like they never met CIV before. A team that lost scandalously to EG 4-0. Chamged rheir coach and have managed to pull through to the finals in front of their home fans each game, have only one thing in their minds which is revenge. They are not under pressure to win the trophy because all hope seemed lost at a point. They are determined to beat us, and if they do, the trophy will just be an icing on the cake.

I repeat, what we need right now is the right minds around the players talking the right talk, not politicians which could be counter productive .

but CIV has to prove that they are better than the Eagles on the pitch of play rather than overconfidence in the name of revenge. That was SA's mistake, they thought they were better than the Eagles in penalty kicks, you need to see their joy when extra time ended for a match they have not won. Na over confidence kill SA.

What CIV has over the Eagles is the home support but they too have to play the game just like the Eagles. The better and most experienced side will win tomorrow. I've listened to some of our players, they know what's at stake tomorrow. CIV should come out and play rather than talk about revenge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:34pm On Feb 10
Joebie:
It’s a case of a cup half full or half empty.

In this case, where a slim victory via pk was the first outcome, it’s more of a motivation to revenge not a fear to lose again.

Oya.. they should leave the vengeance to God and let us carry the cup. Dem kuku no need am. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:44pm On Feb 10
DissTroy:

And this overconfidence from fans and players alike might be our undoing.
Na fans dey play the ball? Show me overconfidence on the part of any one of our players

You don't know the difference between overconfidence and certainty of believe (faith)

Now faith is being SURE of what we hope for and CERTAIN of what we do not see - Hebrew 11v1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:46pm On Feb 10
Joebie:
I’m just praying nobody dies. Let the players know that lives are at stake.

Abeg make players no reason that one abeg. It's too much a burden to place on the players. Anyone who's heart cannot bear it, should not watch it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:46pm On Feb 10
Barryseal:

For a striker to have that many highlights it tells the story he was a manace in the game. Some strikers go through an entire game without a single shoot on target and maybe something like 5 touchés the entire match. Someone like Halaand in cagey games, if he doesn't score sits on this table.
. He was having all those because they were exploiting pockets of space which iwobi was not closing down. Where was he when Alhassan came in. Remember their MF was having a field day in that game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:46pm On Feb 10
Omo...this tension must be something else. this one everybody is quoting the Bible grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:48pm On Feb 10
Goke7:

for this economy na im owambe wan flow like this?
Make we win first you go know say joy na currency
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:49pm On Feb 10
mostob:
Omo...this tension must be something else. this one everybody is quoting the Bible grin grin grin

I'm not tensed oo. Na two things: we either win or lose but I believe we will win. Eagle don already predict say we go win 😂😂😂. Na that one I use take hold body

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DissTroy(m): 8:50pm On Feb 10
Mujtahida:

Now faith is being SURE of what we hope for and CERTAIN of what we do not see - Hebrew 11v1

Same Bible you pontificate with says faith without works is dead. To compliment the faith, do the work on the pitch tomorrow.

And the first thing is not looking past the match to make post-match celebratory declarations.

Cape Verde wasn't supposed to lose to SA based off pre-game analyses. A section of their media were already talking up plans to match up with us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:54pm On Feb 10
mostob:
Haller and Adingra starting tomorrow will be a game changer of we're not careful. All those long balls Krasso was wasting will be well utilized by Haller.

We will need Simon tomorrow to help with Adingra otherwise I would have opined Moffi or Nacho should start alongside Osimhen.

let them prove themselves on the pitch tomorrow, all these name-dropping no dey play ball, na so we no hear word on top Mabululu and co for Angola including SA keeper Ron Williams, make everyone show themselves for the game make we know who better pass.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:55pm On Feb 10
Mujtahida:

I'm not tensed oo. Na two things: we either win or lose but I believe we will win. Eagle don already predict say we go win 😂😂😂. Na that one I use take hold body

Normally we shld be winning tommorow if we re ready to apply sense…dt SA MATCH shld be our toughest challenge

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:03pm On Feb 10
DissTroy:

[/b]Same Bible you pontificate with says faith without works is dead. To compliment the faith, do the work on the pitch tomorrow.

And the first thing is not looking past the match to make post-match celebratory declarations.

Cape Verde wasn't supposed to lose to SA based off pre-game analyses. A section of their media were already talking up plans to match up with us.
Na their house dem siddon abi? People that went to train after winning SA. Quoting scripture without seeing the practical reality of the situation before you. Are these boys the type of players who are not ready to do the work before you talk of faith without works? Abegi

We who believe will make that declaration NOW: Naija don win. That's my choice. You can choose to be careful and hesitant. I believe we will win. And we are not making post - celebratory declarations. No. That one is for you after we win. We are expressing the certainty of our belief NOW. Even if we don't win, nothing spoil but you see that believe, I believe am die that we will win!

If you don't grasp it, forget it.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 9:05pm On Feb 10
mostob:

Exactly. Haven seen how a tall frightened our defence against SA, it's a given they will start Haller.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:05pm On Feb 10
elyte89:

Normally we shld be winning tommorow if we re ready to apply sense…dt SA MATCH shld be our toughest challenge
Sense as in tactical switch or play with caution?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:09pm On Feb 10
see as DRC dey split SA defence grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15809) (15810) (15811) (15812) (15813) (15814) (15815) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.