Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11682236 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15810) (15811) (15812) (15813) (15814) (15815) (15816) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:14pm On Feb 10
Joebie:
We need a little more owambe no doubt. I wish the trophy can really unite us. Because I know it will not translate to better governance. We need it for unity sake.

This talk about unity (which I've read and seen so much on the news and SM) shows how little we appreciate the deep fissures and cleavages of division based on hardened lines of ethno-religious differences that defines us as a nation. To think winning Afcon will unite us is just magic thinking.

We will be happy, we will share that joy albeit just for the occasion.

After the joy, our disunity remains.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:16pm On Feb 10
Pls my question. We have played several corners in this tournament, and got zero goals from all. A team that is filled with several giants. What is the problem? Is it that the barber doesn't know how to shave or that the clipper is blunt. It gives me concern. Why are we not dangerous in such situations.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:18pm On Feb 10
Goke7:

but CIV has to prove that they are better than the Eagles on the pitch of play rather than overconfidence in the name of revenge. That was SA's mistake, they thought they were better than the Eagles in penalty kicks, you need to see their joy when extra time ended for a match they have not won. Na over confidence kill SA.

What CIV has over the Eagles is the home support but they too have to play the game just like the Eagles. The better and most experienced side will win tomorrow. I've listened to some of our players, they know what's at stake tomorrow. CIV should come out and play rather than talk about revenge.
You wan go revenge against person wey get power pass you. First thing, you get power?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:18pm On Feb 10
Joebie:
The bolded is it. CIV is not under any damn pressure. That’s a motivation, not pressure.

you're totally underrating what the fans did when they lost that final group game. And what the entire country faced within that 48hrs timeframe.

It is Nigeria again. They'll definitely be under pressure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:21pm On Feb 10
This exploitation of the space between the CBs is what Makgopa looked for like Esau against us grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:22pm On Feb 10
comodo:
Pls my question. We have played several corners in this tournament, and got zero goals from all. A team that is filled with several giants. What is the problem? Is it that the barber doesn't know how to shave or that the clipper is blunt. It gives me concern. Why are we not dangerous in such situations.
In the 1st game i was talking about this. Sadly, our setpieces in this tourney has been down low but covered up by other aspects of our strengths, even for defending setpieces. It will be a lethal addition if we fix up that aspect of our overall game. We have the personnel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:25pm On Feb 10
Odunayaw:
This exploitation of the space between the CBs is what Makgopa looked for like Esau against us grin
No Evidence. Lol. His movement throughout that game proved that they analyzed that Ekong may not be pacy and that's what he did throughout to no avail. No Evidence!!

During the shootout, if you noticed how all of them stood to take their pk, you'll know they are just lucky with scaling through. All amateurish stance. Especially that Mokoena. If na Enyeama or Dele Ajiboye dey post, they'll catch their balls.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:29pm On Feb 10
daveP:
No Evidence. Lol. His movement throughout that game proved that they analyzed that Ekong may not be pacy and that's what he did throughout to no avail. No Evidence!!

During the shootout, if you noticed how all of them stood to take their pk, you'll know they are just lucky with scaling through. All amateurish stance. Especially that Mokoena. If na Enyeama or Dele Ajiboye dey post, they'll catch their balls.
Did Nwabali not catch their balls

which one you dey call Enyeama and ajiboye undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:30pm On Feb 10
chinchum:
Much ado about nothing.

In a 25 man team for a tourney, how many end up playing? May be 19 or 20. At least 5 will never play. You think teams are formed on the pitch only?

Completely agree
πŸ’―

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:30pm On Feb 10
All these our guys dem wey dey wish us loss and evil before our games, I never see them o abi have they given up?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:32pm On Feb 10
Goke7:
All these our guys dem wey dey wish us loss and evil before our games, I never see them o abi have they given up?
🀣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:35pm On Feb 10
daveP:
In the 1st game i was talking about this. Sadly, our setpieces in this tourney has been down low but covered up by other aspects of our strengths, even for defending setpieces. It will be a lethal addition if we fix up that aspect of our overall game. We have the personnel.
The delivery of our set pieces have improved massively, conversion is the only issue.

Osimhen's canceled goal against Angola from a FK is an example

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:35pm On Feb 10
charlesemeka85:
🀣
Dem dey gustav house. Heard his pressure pipe burst as Nigeria win SA.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:36pm On Feb 10
Ademola Lookman announced his nationality switch from England to Nigeria on the 11th of February 2022, he'll be celebrating his two (2) years anniversary as a Nigerian player on the AFCON final day. (11th February 2024)

What a time it is

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:36pm On Feb 10
Goke7:

let them prove themselves on the pitch tomorrow, all these name-dropping no dey play ball, na so we no hear word on top Mabululu and co for Angola including SA keeper Ron Williams, make everyone show themselves for the game make we know who better pass.

Completely agree
πŸ’―
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:36pm On Feb 10
Goke7:
ABEG make they come back ooh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:38pm On Feb 10
Odunayaw:
The delivery of our set pieces have improved massively, conversion is the only issue.

I doubt if conversion is d problem. Like how many of our set piece meets our players. If it's not too close to the GK, it will end up not beating the first man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 9:38pm On Feb 10
it will look out of place if Nigeria and CIV are playing this third place while SA and CR CONGO play the final. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:39pm On Feb 10
daveP:

Iwobi's poor contribution to defense was what even gave them those free access to second balls from their long balls. Anyway we go still meet them again by June.

SA somehow believed PK is just by how many your GK can catch. Dem forget say them must score their own too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:40pm On Feb 10
Samueltemi337:
Did Nwabali not catch their balls

which one you dey call Enyeama and ajiboye undecided

πŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈ

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:41pm On Feb 10
lexyman:
it will look out of place if Nigeria and CIV are playing this third place while SA and CR CONGO play the final. grin

it's a loser final it hardly generates vibes, am one of those who feel it should be scrapped like they do in the euros

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:41pm On Feb 10
Odunayaw:

The execution. That finishing though. Especially Cks. We need to be burying headers from Cks again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:42pm On Feb 10
Odunayaw:
Iwobi's poor contribution to defense was what even gave them those free access to second balls from their long balls. Anytime we go still meet them again by June.

SA somehow believed PK is just by how many your GK can catch. Dem forget say them must score their own too
I hope we fix that midfield so iwobi won't have excuse again. I don't understand why he looks so so lost and quiet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:44pm On Feb 10
Samueltemi337:
Ademola Lookman announced his nationality switch from England to Nigeria on the 11th of February 2022, he'll be celebrating his two (2) years anniversary as a Nigerian player on the AFCON final day. (11th February 2024)

What a time it is

make im no repeat that mistake of dribbling any keeper tomorrow o, na final be this. If he had scored against SA he would have been ahead for the MVP award, what a way to celebrate your anniversary. He's in form, he should try and convert to celebrate this anniversary
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:49pm On Feb 10
daveP:

πŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈ

Some people go just tire you for this thread abi grin grin grin grin grin

There are many mentions I ignore bro, for my peace of mind grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:50pm On Feb 10
comodo:

I doubt if conversion is d problem. Like how many of our set piece meets our players. If it's not too close to the GK, it will end up not beating the first man.
For this competition? shocked

Shey you are confusion set pieces for crosses ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:53pm On Feb 10
Goke7:

let them prove themselves on the pitch tomorrow, all these name-dropping no dey play ball, na so we no hear word on top Mabululu and co for Angola including SA keeper Ron Williams, make everyone show themselves for the game make we know who better pass.
Ok sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:54pm On Feb 10
Barryseal:

Exactly. Haven seen how a tall frightened our defence against SA, it's a given they will start Haller.
And that is where Ajayi comes in ... But it is like Ekong will.be the one to handle him tomorrow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:55pm On Feb 10
DRC no wan score and RSA dey romance ball without penetration.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:56pm On Feb 10
Those people saying Iwobi is no Okocha to excuse his mediocrity, please remember that Mikel Obi was no Okocha but was way better than Iwobi

Let that sink in when you want to pamper overgrown adults that parade as professional football players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:58pm On Feb 10
Which is why I said β€œI wish”.

Mujtahida:

This talk about unity (which I've read and seen so much on the news and SM) shows how little we appreciate the deep fissures and cleavages of division based on hardened lines of ethno-religious differences that defines us as a nation. To think winning Afcon will unite us is just magic thinking.

We will be happy, we will share that joy albeit just for the occasion.

After the joy, our disunity remains.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Realmrsean: 9:58pm On Feb 10
Blueelf:
Those people saying Iwobi is no Okocha to excuse his mediocrity, please remember that Mikel Obi was no Okocha but was way better than Iwobi

Let that sink in when you want to pamper overgrown adults that parade as professional football players
Iwobi no too bad like that..

Na inconsistency dey do am most times.. one day on and 2 days off πŸ“΄

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15810) (15811) (15812) (15813) (15814) (15815) (15816) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theben(m), comodo, chrisooblog, Longneck and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.