Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,946 members, 7,814,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15881) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11636950 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15878) (15879) (15880) (15881) (15882) (15883) (15884) ... (16140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:25am On Feb 18
Smh
jihday:
Zaidu Sanusi’s season is over after suffering an injury today, confirms Sérgio Conceição.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:07am On Feb 18
I don too argue rubbish for my life. See kalvin Philips wey person dey follow me argue say na better player.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lordofstrings: 11:00am On Feb 18
EEIA:

from the pictures it is obvious he is consistent.

What is his name?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:20am On Feb 18
Joebie:
if we remove every sentiment and bias, this boy has earned the right to be entered into the convo. In fact we shouldn’t even be speaking o Sadiq Umar. Akor Adams has been experiencing a goal draught since notching 7 goals in Ligue . Who is REALLY better so far this season.

When players show interest in Nigeria, people will bring in bias. When they don’t declare na still problem. Do we really like progress?. By the way all the SE players that made the official AFCON XI are dual citizens who committed to us. Wetin we wan talk now?

I knew Elijah when he was at Fulham, at 16 he was already 6"3 plus and that time l likened him to Kanu he was very skilful.

Fulham at a stage had one of the best football ⚽ academies in England then we use to call them the Nigerians so many Nigerian origin players.

The role he has to play in Luton town doesn't allow for to much skill or maybe 🤔 the skill has been trained out of him in the quest for end product.

But he is a powerful athletic very good striker, he has scored 9 goals and theu play Manchester United this afternoon don't think they can beat an in form United but then you never know. It is the EPL.

They have a few to quality players who are finding their way back to top level performances, like Townsend, Barkley etc

Osho is a CB of Nigerian origin he is good but not the best, Ogbene plays for Ireland although he was born in Lagos.

If Adebayo gets a goal he will have scored 10 this season and counting from 24 games that's very good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:23am On Feb 18
Amedino99:
I don too argue rubbish for my life. See kalvin Philips wey person dey follow me argue say na better player.

You are making your entire assessment based on statistical analysis that's very misguided.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:33am On Feb 18
Goke7:
if na isoshimen miss the chances wey haaland miss today we no go hear word for this place o grin

It's difficult to criticise Haaland.

Because since the day he first kicked a football ⚽ he has been phenomenal.

Every league he has been to he has broken records.

Currently from 19 games he has scored 16 goals and is one again in his second season top of the premier League. As an international 29 games for Norway and he has scored 27. This dude is a freak it's crazy 😧 this guy is just beyond description incredible.

What makes you world 🌎 class is CONSISTENCY, even with defenders doing PhD thesis on Haaland they still can't stop 🛑 him completely. Anywhere he goes he is always top and don't forget he is just 23.😯😯

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:34am On Feb 18
BankyGee:

You still keep these four pictures since 2012? Lol 😂

They are on the web with simple click on Google try it and they are from November 2022.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:42am On Feb 18
Samueltemi337:
How many EPL teams are interested

Chelsea and Arsenal

I don't want Osimhen to go to Chelsea

Arsenal will be good but definitely not Chelsea

None of these teams in my opinion will be a good fit.

They will not create play around him , VO thrives as a point man a quintessential number 9 not in an elaborate interplay and interchange team like Arsenal maybe a bit more with Chelsea.

Look at Arsenal the goals are coming from all over the team not just the strikers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:43am On Feb 18
Goke7:

Let's all be honest and this is no bashing any body, he should make his way out of the team, there is no use. After over 70 caps is this what we will continue to get haba. People can make excuses about the formation, but you need more from your experienced players in the team. We can't continue to spoon-feed Iwobi, if he's not willing anymore he should be excused. That Ghanaian analyst picked him out as our weakest link teams could exploit and it has happened as he said it. If Angola knew better dem for pepper us more than they did.

The negative defensive posture and structure failed Iwobi not Iwobi failed us.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:44am On Feb 18
safarigirl:

Dem wan kill that boy for midfield, but ask these people which serious team operates a 2-man midfield and they will come up empty.

Everytime Iwobi this and Iwobi that, meanwhile midfield is non-existent and Iwobi is carrying everything on his head.

Get Iwobi some decent support for once, and if he doesn't perform, you can chat rubbish. You put a nigga in a 2-man midfield and then insult him for being run ragged. If na you dey 2-man midfield, you go survive?

Abeg, if you people want to vex, pour your anger on that plague in Aso Rock and leave Iwobi TF Alone!

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:51am On Feb 18
Goke7:

we need ball-playing midfielders, that's why we can't boss games, and is putting too much pressure on our defence and keeper. Let's not be sentimental about this Iwobi, that team will never improve if we continue this way. we need midfielders who can impose themselves on our game. Is Iwobi that kind of player?

Nwabali had no business conceding two goals today, it's unfair to that guy who had saved us so many times in this tournament.

Outside of Iwobi in that current squad there is no quality outstanding ball on the deck, technically gifted, skilful, with a good passing range midfielder, that creativity and unpredictability and innovation BETTER than Iwobi., FACT.

Onyeka will run all day but creativity zero and Onyedika will bulldoze for you and Alhassan will buzz around looking busy but producing little.

Aribo I reserve judgement because he came in a positive player playing negative defensive. With little time to do much.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:54am On Feb 18
komekn:

Currently from 19 games he has scored 16 goals and is one again in his second season top of the premier League. As an international 29 games for Norway and he has scored 27. This dude is a freak it's crazy 😧 this guy is just beyond description incredible.

What makes you world 🌎 class is CONSISTENCY, even with defenders doing PhD thesis on Haaland they still can't stop 🛑 him completely. Anywhere he goes he is always top and don't forget he is just 23.😯😯
So Haaland is allowed to missed chances but others aren't right?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:55am On Feb 18
komekn:

None of these teams in my opinion will be a good fit.

They will not create play around him , VO thrives as a point man a quintessential number 9 not in an elaborate interplay and interchange team like Arsenal maybe a bit more with Chelsea.

Look at Arsenal the goals are coming from all over the team not just the strikers.
What does Man City play?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:12pm On Feb 18
komekn:

You are making your entire assessment based on statistical analysis that's very misguided.
oh really. Kindly explain why
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:12pm On Feb 18
Zickzee scores for Bologna against Lazio

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 2:40pm On Feb 18
Respect to Iwobi. If Nigeria are to qualify for the World Cup, I believe the Super Eagles would need a natural Attacking midfielder. And it is quite unfortunate that we haven't been able to develop a natural attacking midfielder for more than five or six years.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 3:23pm On Feb 18
Barryseal:
This list looks like something compiled by senators.

I now remember when someone here said the person that "picked" age for Daga "do him dirty" 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 3:26pm On Feb 18
humility33:

Forget Ladan bosso a very lazy under 20 coach.

He can't scout and have no tactics

The NFF is playing with our cadet teams that supposed to be chopping out talents every 2 years. Someone like Yobo, remo stars coach etc ought to be given the job to manage under 20 so as to gradually introduce them to managing the national team

Like Flying eagle like Falconect..

The two coaches has been coaching our cadet team since God knows when without any extra ordinary result
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:11pm On Feb 18
Beyond Limit Academy in for Viareggio Cup in Italy,the tournament that produced Ebenezer Akinsanmiro....kudos to Remo Stars.

Age checkers over to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 4:30pm On Feb 18
ChrisKels:
This guy deserves a look in, he merits it.
This guy is the best playing center back we have, so calm and composed on the ball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:03pm On Feb 18
maidaboi:

If you were to move away from preconceived notions, you will notice I said ITS DIFFICULT to criticise Haaland because he continuously consistently scores wherever he goes he is literally an enigma.

That's the reality.

What is the unspoken context comparison to VO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:23pm On Feb 18
Adebayo and Osho both start against Man Utd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:53pm On Feb 18
maidaboi:
haaland misses chances a lot. He had the highest big chance missed last season. Still doesn't discredit the fact that he is a world class talent sha. Would have said any striker can score the same amount of goals in pep's man city but then I remembered Jesus also played in the system and was the backup striker in a striker less team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:10pm On Feb 18
maidaboi:
Adebayo and Osho both start against Man Utd

Adebayo was injured in the warm up and so is unable to play today unfortunately.

I really believe Adebayo would have scored today.

Ogbene is a terrorist to Luke Shaw unfortunately he can't play for Nigeria. Luton are giving Manchester United serious problems.

Although it's 2-1 to United
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 6:36pm On Feb 18
komekn:

Adebayo was injured in the warm up and so is unable to play today unfortunately.

I really believe Adebayo would have scored today.

Ogbene is a terrorist to Luke Shaw unfortunately he can't play for Nigeria. Luton is giving Manchester United serious problems.

Although it's 2-1 to United
Relax please. The same way you said that he will score 10th and 11th goal last time. At d end the guy no see him period.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:53pm On Feb 18
We have a date with South Africa in June. How the matter go be? Will Peseiro play different? It’s better to stick with him though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:12pm On Feb 18

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:25pm On Feb 18
komekn:

Am I surprised? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:26pm On Feb 18
komekn:

The negative defensive posture and structure failed Iwobi not Iwobi failed us.

I think it failed other players as well

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:04pm On Feb 18
Joebie:
Very well written article

https://thewillnews.com/should-peseiro-get-another-contract/#
almost perfect except for the part where he said the sao tome 10 -0 was a world cup qualifier guiding us to crucial final round.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:42pm On Feb 18
Samuel Chukwueze start for Ac Milan

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:44pm On Feb 18
Damioduso1:
I watch a video of Roma welcoming back The ivorian defender Njika from the nation cup . Tammy Abraham told him that you beat my country which is referring to Nigeria when he was greeting Njika back at Roma after the nation cup
Here in Nigeria, we don't know him. If to say Nigeria crashed out in the group stage, I'm sure he won't refer to Nigeria as his country. What an hypocrite.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15878) (15879) (15880) (15881) (15882) (15883) (15884) ... (16140) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), johnjunior39(m), freesinzu(m), Philosopher1979, Danielnino00(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.