Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15883) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11637067 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15880) (15881) (15882) (15883) (15884) (15885) (15886) ... (16140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 11:38am On Feb 19
komekn:

Who is he better than ❓
grin they wanna back stab Semi Ajayi after all that work he put on in Afcon grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 11:40am On Feb 19
Blueelf:
I have seen SA fans on their football spaces saying that Olisah Ndah is the best CB they have in their league. At least top 3

The dude actually deserves his callup
He ain’t benching Ekong, Ajayi or Ola Aina

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 12:35pm On Feb 19
komekn:

Where is Tella ❓

Lol how many champions league trophies have they won
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:22pm On Feb 19
yinkeys:

He ain’t benching Ekong, Ajayi or Ola Aina
Certainly deserves to be called ahead of Awaziem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 1:23pm On Feb 19
NFF should start processing Cutis Jones papers . We need him in that midfield for June
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 1:24pm On Feb 19
maidaboi:
Zaidu start for Porto

Zaidu will miss world cup qualifiers in June.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 1:28pm On Feb 19
solonnachi:
NFF should start processing Cutis Jones papers . We need him in that midfield for June
Not the slightest chance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 1:52pm On Feb 19
Some of my general observations on our Naija players around the world.

1. Chukwueze has been poor at Milan so far, facts. He hasn't been able to displace Pulisic from the RW even when Pulisic’s preferred position is on the left. Even in yesterday’s game where Chuks started, he was pulled at HT and his replacement, Pulisic, came on to score one goal and assist another. That is not a good look.

2. We need all our players to feel their spots are always in contention. No one should feel they have a guaranteed spot on the team. You may be first choice but if you don’t perform after a while, there should be new blood coming in.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:54pm On Feb 19
Odunayaw:
Certainly deserves to be called ahead of Awaziem
Awaziem at this point of his career provides experience to the team when called upon
Has Ahmed Musa retired grin ?
Is Musa going for 200 caps ?
What does he want to win again, the World Cup ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:59pm On Feb 19
mrwilliams9:

1. Chukwueze has been poor at Milan so far, facts. He hasn't been able to displace Pulisic from the RW even when Pulisic’s preferred position is on the left. Even in yesterday’s game where Chuks started, he was pulled at HT and his replacement, Pulisic, came on to score one goal and assist another. That is not a good look.

2. We need all our players to feel their spots are always in contention. No one should feel they have a guaranteed spot on the team. You may be first choice but if you don’t perform after a while, there should be new blood coming in.

The good thing is that he’s got it in him
The talent is there
I believe if he works hard enough and watch clips of a ton of left footers who solidified their spot on the RW and how they execute passes, runs, crosses and shots from that position he’d start firing.
It’s not usually easy for some left footers to make good decisions from that wing.
Arjen Robben, Mo Salah & Bukayo Saka always found ways to score from there

His stats are poor this season
How many goals and assists, season already in the final third
Not even an assist in the Afcon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 2:25pm On Feb 19
mrwilliams9:

Probably still adapting to the league.
He gets bullied off the ball too easily. He may need to bulk up a bit.

My big worry has been his SE performance. He is yet to show anything close to his AFCON19 performance.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:09pm On Feb 19
An agreement has been reached between Morocco and FIFA on the proposed date for next year's African Cup of Nations in Morocco 🇲🇦 from July 23 to August 21, following the Club World Cup tournament scheduled for June 15 to July 13, 2025.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 3:09pm On Feb 19
caprikon:

Probably still adapting to the league.
He gets bullied off the ball too easily. He may need to bulk up a bit.

My big worry has been his SE performance. He is yet to show anything close to his AFCON19 performance.
He’s of the same size as Ademola Lookman but check out Mola’s performance

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:26pm On Feb 19
yinkeys:

Awaziem at this point of his career provides experience to the team when called upon
There is no experience he has to give than what Aina or Ajayi cannot.

Musa isn't comparable to his case. Leadership or Legend wise, Awaziem cannot hold a candle to him.

N.B
Lest anyone misconstrue my point as is the norm here. I am just saying ATM Ndah merits a call over Awaziem

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19
jihday:
An agreement has been reached between Morocco and FIFA on the proposed date for next year's African Cup of Nations in Morocco 🇲🇦 from July 23 to August 21, following the Club World Cup tournament scheduled for June 15 to July 13, 2025.
Morocco is now CAF?

Haewww

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:38pm On Feb 19
That’s stats speaking.
Guaranteed Nwakali will create big chances game after game.

Truidstarr:
I did a simulation on EA sports FIFA 23 with our current SE setup from the quarter finals to the finals of the nations cup…. The addition of Nwakali gave us victory by 2 goal margins all the way to the finals. I am not a fan… but I was really surprised.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 4:06pm On Feb 19
yinkeys:

Ekong will need to be replaced / need an understudy by the next AFCON.

Our current squad now has the experience of playing an AFCON tourney and an AFCON final.

We need to start embedding in the next generation especially in key roles like CM and CB

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lordofstrings: 4:27pm On Feb 19
AndSunGorilla:

One man who advocated for little unknown (at some point) Stanley Nwabili was you. Posterity has shown that you saw right.

Now over to à problem area of the SE, our midfield, would another "NWA" be the messiah

No let Charles see wetin you write o cheesy cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19
mrwilliams9:

Ekong will need to be replaced / need an understudy by the next AFCON.

Our current squad now has the experience of playing an AFCON tourney and an AFCON final.

We need to start embedding in the next generation especially in key roles like CM and CB
Ekong ain’t going anywhere till summer 2026
You mean player of the tournament of the recently concluded Afcon who made only one error throughout.
People will beg that guy to stay for a little while
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 4:33pm On Feb 19
Odunayaw:
There is no experience he has to give than what Aina or Ajayi cannot.

Musa isn't comparable to his case. Leadership or Legend wise, Awaziem cannot hold a candle to him.

N.B
Lest anyone misconstrue my point as is the norm here. I am just saying ATM Ndah merits a call over Awaziem
You think South African league is better than Turkish league ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:33pm On Feb 19
komekn:

I know him Maybe you do not ,so speak for your prejidudiced self.
I won't deny that you know him. Unfortunately, you're irrelevant in Nigerian football. Even on this thread, nobody rates you so make you and Tammy dey roll on the red carpet.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 4:39pm On Feb 19
yinkeys:

Ekong ain’t going anywhere till summer 2026
You mean player of the tournament of the recently concluded Afcon who made only one error throughout.
People will beg that guy to stay for a little while

That’s why I said “need an understudy”.

Ekong isn’t getting as much game time at the club as we’d want. Good to have some younger talent in the pipeline for when he steps down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:05pm On Feb 19
solonnachi:

Zaidu will miss world cup qualifiers in June.

Wake up please. You've been sleeping for the past 6 hrs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:06pm On Feb 19
yinkeys:

You think South African league is better than Turkish league ?
Who is in Turkish league? Boavista is a Turkish club?

Anyway that is besides the point. Peseiro has shown that he doesn't rate him. Heck it took Jamilu Collins' injury for him to be called up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:07pm On Feb 19
CHuks problem has always been laxity and laziness

To bulk up his physique means he will have to discipline and apply himself

He knows that no matter what, he will get called up by the national team and his salary will be payed weekly by Milan, so why bother himself

Loll..THat guy will never improve and I am not cursing him. His mindset is his own enemy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:17pm On Feb 19
Blueelf:
CHuks problem has always been laxity and laziness

To bulk up his physique means he will have to discipline and apply himself

He knows that no matter what, he will get called up by the national team and his salary will be payed weekly by Milan, so why bother himself

Loll..THat guy will never improve and I am not cursing him. His mindset is his own enemy
This is how one person will say something and Nigerians will run with it.

Wetin be physique? Is Pulisic bulky? Berardi? Kvara?

Are these not wingers like him?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:38pm On Feb 19
Odunayaw:
This is how one person will say something and Nigerians will run with it.

Wetin be physique? Is Pulisic bulky? Berardi? Kvara?

Are these not wingers like him?

I am referring to a post someone made

I should've quoted it but I didn't which was an omission

SOmeone said chuks should bulk up and I said for him to even do that, he would need to apply himself

For chuks to improve, either bulk up or not, he needs to apply himself which he does not because he is too lax

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:39pm On Feb 19
lordofstrings:

No let Charles see wetin you write o cheesy cheesy grin
He has been a bit kwayet these days sef grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:46pm On Feb 19
komekn:

I like objectivity, rationality anchored on substantive facts.

You are way too prejudiced and assumptive in the negative.As a man thinketh so he is.

Having a different opinion doesn't mean evil agenda.

Stats are always substantive if the said player is a Nigerian but inconclusive if the player is one of your innit boys. Change!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:04pm On Feb 19
Blueelf:

I am referring to a post someone made

I should've quoted it but I didn't which was an omission

SOmeone said chuks should bulk up and I said for him to even do that, he would need to apply himself

For chuks to improve, either bulk up or not, he needs to apply himself which he does not because he is too lax
Oh, alright then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 6:08pm On Feb 19
jihday:

Morocco want to be relevant by all means
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 6:09pm On Feb 19
Musa,Omeruo, Aribo,Awaziem and Chukwueze should retire from international football.

We absolutely need an integration of new players and ideas.. Get in the likes of Orban, Tella, Igoh Ogbu, Adabarabioyo etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15880) (15881) (15882) (15883) (15884) (15885) (15886) ... (16140) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, iamdynamite(m), bennie1980(m), Hanibal(m), Kundistrict(m), Tinneh, Meliforme, joelsteron and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.