Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15886) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11637873 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15883) (15884) (15885) (15886) (15887) (15888) (15889) ... (16140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:11pm On Feb 20
charlesemeka85:
the boy na giant 🔥

Not really. Built like a proper midfielder. Has similar physique as Awaziem.

Midfield and defense isn’t our problem anymore, neither is goalkeeping. We just have to find a way to make the team more creative so that our strikers can be giving us those numbers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:11pm On Feb 20
ChrisKels:

No one discovered anyone. Uche was a member of our U23 squad.

Na you and TheSuperNerd dey do that yeye discover thing, yet you guys can't point to any grassroot or academy owned by you guys. Na only for mouth and pages of news papers una dey discover the talents. Una go go read report somewhere, then come bring the report here begin shout say una dun discover player for us as if we too no dey read those reports 😂🤣😂🤣

Actually, discover for this thread and bring to our notice is discover. TheSuperNerd posting Nathan Tella first here equates to discovering him for us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:13pm On Feb 20
ChrisKels:

The boy is quality. I was having doubts when I first read of the interests from La liga but the reporter laughed at me and asked me if I knew Samuel Omorodion and his journey from same route(Spanish third division). That was when I became interested in the boy.
though I haven’t seen him play but for him to make such leap from the 5th tier to laliga in the space of a year implies that he must be good

With his size I pray he turns out to be our own yaya toure

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:13pm On Feb 20
TheGoodJoe:

Actually, discover for this thread and bring to our notice is discover. TheSuperNerd posting Nathan Tella first here equates to discovering him for us.
tiki taka fc 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:15pm On Feb 20
TheGoodJoe:

Okay for the thread members who were oblivious of the said talents, not the national team.

I was not trying to downplay the efforts of TheSuperNerd, that guy is doing a great job in here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:17pm On Feb 20
ChrisKels:

Not really. Built like a proper midfielder. Has similar physique as Awaziem.

Midfield and defense isn’t our problem anymore, neither is goalkeeping. We just have to find a way to make the team more creative so that our strikers can be giving us those numbers
I think when it comes to creativity that area is covered as well with Iwobi in the team

If he is given that freedom to roam around unlike in the afcon where he was instructed to drop deep and play simple he will deliver
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:17pm On Feb 20
charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just take a look at the boy I posted about few minutes ago

Just a year in Spain where his first stop was Spanish 5th tier he will be moving to laliga next summer

All we do here is to live in the past mostly rating players based on their exploits many years ago

I bet you that if Nwakali is as good as many think here he will be the first name in jpes team with regards to him playing in the gaffer’s country

We go still dey this nwakali matter kids like Eletu,Akin, Daga and even Nnadi will grow to star in big leagues and clubs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rohr and Peseiro missed Nwabali for a long time. From your notion, Nwabali was not good.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:29pm On Feb 20
TheGoodJoe:

Rohr and Peseiro missed Nwabali for a long time. From your notion, Nwabali was not good.
oga I no get your time abeg

The same Nwabali no be em jpes took with homebase eagles wey play Mexico for friendly?

Shift and concentrate on man city and barca

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:32pm On Feb 20
charlesemeka85:
oga I no get your time abeg

The same Nwabali no be em jpes took with homebase eagles wey play Mexico for friendly?

Shift and concentrate on man city and barca

Was it Jpez that oversaw the match against Mexico?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:33pm On Feb 20
ChrisKels:

Was it Jpez that oversaw the match against Mexico?
e be like
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 7:07pm On Feb 20
charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just a year in Spain where his first stop was Spanish 5th tier he will be moving to laliga next summer

All we do here is to live in the past mostly rating players based on their exploits many years ago

I bet you that if Nwakali is as good as many think here he will be the first name in jpes team with regards to him playing in the gaffer’s country

We go still dey this nwakali matter kids like Eletu,Akin, Daga and even Nnadi will grow to star in big leagues and clubs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bro, the sad truth be say that guy nor Dey good enough. 25 years old, yet 8 clubs already. Why didn’t la liga clubs in Spain recognize him for his passing skills and exceptional set piece ability before he moved to Portugal?

Football don pass stage of just long pass and dribble. If you don’t put in enough energy into your play, sweat merchants go use you shine for midfield.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:11pm On Feb 20
I mean it doesn’t make Sadiq a great striker today. And as a midfielder that else do u bring? Because you won’t be scoring those screamers on a regular basis.

charlesemeka85:
Sadiq scored 2 don mk am look easy to achieve Abi?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 7:12pm On Feb 20
TheGoodJoe:

lol. Because no one talks about a player here, that doesn’t mean we don’t know about the player. 

This is the digital age. Do you guys think people do not read about football news and get information about players?  cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:15pm On Feb 20
When those Sundowns players languishing in the SA league were dancing Makosa around SE players what did u say? Some players may not have quick progression but their talents can never be denied.

charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:26pm On Feb 20
Joebie:
When those Sundowns players languishing in the SA league were dancing Makosa around SE players what did u say? Some players may not have quick progression but their talents can never be denied.

oga shut up for once and stop spewing trash on a daily basis here

And the Orlando pirates, Kwazulu Natal and Chippa united stars against the super eagles who later progressed to the finals?

Many of una go Dey form football heads here when your actual calling na to concentrate on badminton and softball 🤣🤣🤣

A player who is talented but yet to progress after so many tries in europe that one na talent? Or are u blind enough to notice that something is not right with the player in question?

The nwakali u keep on licking his ass here for close to a decade was a kid star when 50% of our current super eagles players with those uncapped weren’t even sure of making it to professional football

We all are on nwakali while the players below emerged from no where to make name in decent European leagues and clubs

Alex Iwobi
Joe Aribo
Rapheal Onyedika
Alhassan Yusuf
Frank Onyeka
Zaidu Sanusi
Bruno Onyemaechi
Gift Orban
Akor Adams
Terem Moffi
Victor Boniface
Igoh Ogbu
Nathan Tella
Yira Sor
Michael Folorunsho

Mk I just stop here cus if I continue the list over long.

You will still be on Nwakali’s dick Eletu and Akin will debut for inter and Milan as well as achieve bigger things in europe 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:37pm On Feb 20
charlesemeka85:
e be like
It wasn't jp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:41pm On Feb 20
Joezinho:

Bro, the sad truth be say that guy nor Dey good enough. 25 years old, yet 8 clubs already. Why didn’t la liga clubs in Spain recognize him for his passing skills and exceptional set piece ability before he moved to Portugal?

Football don pass stage of just long pass and dribble. If you don’t put in enough energy into your play, sweat merchants go use you shine for midfield.
that’s the issue and when you analyze the whole thing it seem they are been paid to do this all these years

Bro in football of this era talent no dey hide and once you are good and hv a sound management team you will be fished out

Nwakali’s total transfer fee since he moved to Europe isn’t up to 3m euros when calculated so literally he is one of the chepeast players out there to snap up but decent clubs still haven’t made moves for him over the years

Like you said making it as a midfielder in this era goes far beyond tailor made long balls and defense splitting passes. You need to be strong, a runner with massive work rate as well as been a bit comfortable on the ball

They keep on hyping nwakali while the ones they deem less talented are been monitored and signed by better clubs every transfer window 🤣🤣🤣

Just imagine Onyedika of yesterday is been monitored by Barca and few epl teams for a possible transfer in the summer.

Alhassan had interest from sporting Lisbon and Hellas Verona last summer but Antwerp refused selling

Onyeka who many here tag a bench warmer and carpenter attracted laliga club Girona in the just concluded winter window but brentford refused letting him go. Even Everton came with a loan proposal which was turned down too

And they claim nwakali is better than the trio I mentioned above? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:41pm On Feb 20
Samueltemi337:
It wasn't jp
okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:43pm On Feb 20
charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

As in, they overrate the guy as if he is the next best thing after Modric

I don't understand the obsession over a fringe player

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:43pm On Feb 20
charlesemeka85:
e be like
it was rohr.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:46pm On Feb 20
Amedino99:
it was rohr.
okay, Tnks for the correction
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:48pm On Feb 20
Blueelf:

a player that haven’t done anything significant since he left the shores of this continent over 7 seasons ago 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What they do is to stream Chaves games every weekend and their major focus is to measure his passes whenever he delivers one 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Them they use tape stream Chaves games just to measure nwakali’s passes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Imagine the Chrisantus boy I posted about an hour ago. He just spent a year in spain, from the 5th tier heading to laliga in the summer

Maybe the kid’s jazz man strong and he needs to recommend him to nwakali 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:23pm On Feb 20
Frank Onyeka starts for Brentford against Manchester City

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 8:26pm On Feb 20
charlesemeka85:
that’s the issue and when you analyze the whole thing it seem they are been paid to do this all these years

Bro in football of this era talent no dey hide and once you are good and hv a sound management team you will be fished out

Nwakali’s total transfer fee since he moved to Europe isn’t up to 3m euros when calculated so literally he is one of the chepeast players out there to snap up but decent clubs still haven’t made moves for him over the years

Like you said making it as a midfielder in this era goes far beyond tailor made long balls and defense splitting passes. You need to be strong, a runner with massive work rate as well as been a bit comfortable on the ball

They keep on hyping nwakali while the ones they deem less talented are been monitored and signed by better clubs every transfer window 🤣🤣🤣

Just imagine Onyedika of yesterday is been monitored by Barca and few epl teams for a possible transfer in the summer.

Alhassan had interest from sporting Lisbon and Hellas Verona last summer but Antwerp refused selling

Onyeka who many here tag a bench warmer and carpenter attracted laliga club Girona in the just concluded winter window but brentford refused letting him go. Even Everton came with a loan proposal which was turned down too

And they claim nwakali is better than the trio I mentioned above? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

lol. Country hard. Make dem collect money chop. 😂😂. Right now, if I see who pay me money I go sing the praises of haruna lukman to come mount that midfield. Abi nor be their pockets all man dey fight for? 😂😂

Someone we have watched him since his U17 days and it’s now obvious that no serious team wants to use him. What does nwakali add to his team when they do not have the ball? How many tackles does he win? How much ground does he cover? lol.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:37pm On Feb 20
Joezinho:

lol. Country hard. Make dem collect money chop. 😂😂. Right now, if I see who pay me money I go sing the praises of haruna lukman to come mount that midfield. Abi nor be their pockets all man dey fight for? 😂😂

Someone we have watched him since his U17 days and it’s now obvious that no serious team wants to use him. What does nwakali add to his team when they do not have the ball? How many tackles does he win? How much ground does he cover? lol.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Haruna Lukman off me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:48pm On Feb 20
Samueltemi337:
Frank Onyeka starts for Brentford against Manchester City

Missed a glorious chance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:49pm On Feb 20
Semi Ajayi on the bench for West Brom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 9:23pm On Feb 20
Blueelf:

I think we are missing the point with the likes of Nwakwali.

SE are missing a midfielder with his profile of making progressive passes. He may not be the best, but he has a profile that we need. Why not invite him as an option for the midfield if we have no alternative for that profile of player.

Ok, if we think Nwakwali is not the answer, then people should suggest an alternative player for the SE that has that profile. People still are not suggesting that.

We complain but aren’t providing alternatives. Doesn’t solve anything.

At least Nwakwali is getting regular game time in a top Euro league. Sure, his team may not be the best but he has a profile we can work with.

Pickford was still no. 1 even with floundering Everton.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:34pm On Feb 20
mrwilliams9:

I think we are missing the point with the likes of Nwakwali.

SE are missing a midfielder with his profile of making progressive passes. He may not be the best, but he has a profile that we need. Why not invite him as an option for the midfield if we have no alternative for that profile of player.

Ok, if we think Nwakwali is not the answer, then people should suggest an alternative player for the SE that has that profile. People still are not suggesting that.

We complain but aren’t providing alternatives. Doesn’t solve anything.

At least Nwakwali is getting regular game time in a top Euro league. Sure, his team may not be the best but he has a profile we can work with.

Pickford was still no. 1 even with floundering Everton.
when last did you watch him play and against which team in Portugal Abi u be “oh yes” member?

Any side wey belle face 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:37pm On Feb 20
Joezinho:

lol. Because no one talks about a player here, that doesn’t mean we don’t know about the player. 

This is the digital age. Do you guys think people do not read about football news and get information about players?  cheesy

Digital age, I agree.

However, if you don't post it here, and not let us know about the player, it means nothing to the majority that come here to get info about our players home and abroad.

When TheSuperNerd posted this on Nathan Tella, I did not have a clue about him. This was five star. Years later, I praised TheSuperNerd for bringing our attention to him.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:42pm On Feb 20
Joezinho:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Leave talk

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:47pm On Feb 20
TheGoodJoe:

Digital age, I agree.

However, if you don't post it here, and not let us know about the player, it means nothing to the majority that come here to get info about our players home and abroad.

When TheSuperNerd posted this on Nathan Tella, I did not have a clue about him. This was five star. Years later, I praised TheSuperNerd for bringing our attention to him.
you will say u don’t know tella then before nerdy posted him here 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (15883) (15884) (15885) (15886) (15887) (15888) (15889) ... (16140) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, iamdynamite(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.