Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15929) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11669234 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15926) (15927) (15928) (15929) (15930) (15931) (15932) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:35pm On Mar 01
Finidi for continuity + Amuneke. Pay them that $50k monthly

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:37pm On Mar 01
charlesemeka85:
to them e dey easy. If they can’t respect Osimhen who hv scored more than African legends like Weah and Eto’o in the history of Serie A, single handedly won the scudetto for Napoli after over 3 decades as well as winning the APOTY that a Nigerian player last won 1999 I wonder what else the guy hv to do to earn their respect
Them think say e easy true true. As na for television we dey watch. Football is hard oo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:39pm On Mar 01
lbrichman2:
Person go dey lie with full chest, just to discredit his own countryman
I don't know what to call that again
Na wa
His approach is that we are all taken by Osimhen so he needs to be contrarian just to prove he's different. Yes one can be contrarian just as charlesemeka85 is when it comes to Nwakali issue but that is because the facts supports his position. In komekn's case, no evidence

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:40pm On Mar 01
Daninya33:
Don't know why we are perturbed about JPES contract not being renewed.
I have said it long before now that a new indigenous coach will be appointed for the Super Eagles.

It's definitely not Samson Siasia as his ban still extends till August. It won't be Austin Eguaveon or Salisu Yusuf either.

Tom Samfiet is with the Philippines.

It will be between the duo of Emmanuel Amuneke or Finidi George.

It's also possible that both of them will be employed as coaches but for now,we don't know who will be the Head Coach.

Pitso is also a strong contender as he has a lot of admirers in the glass house.

Anything can happen though.

I often wonder why Amunike's name is mentioned anytime there's a vacancy for the SE coaching seat
As much as I love his philosophy and scouting ability, this guy has been out of job for months!

Why doesn't he get something doing, instead of waiting for the SE call that might never come?

Everytime he keeps being overlooked and him still dey there dey wait..
Is that blind faith or outright foolishness?

Finidi abeg for me
Let Amunike go get something doing, build some momentum and then apply later

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:43pm On Mar 01
Daninya33:
Don't know why we are perturbed about JPES contract not being renewed.
I have said it long before now that a new indigenous coach will be appointed for the Super Eagles.

It's definitely not Samson Siasia as his ban still extends till August. It won't be Austin Eguaveon or Salisu Yusuf either.

Tom Samfiet is with the Philippines.

It will be between the duo of Emmanuel Amuneke or Finidi George.

It's also possible that both of them will be employed as coaches but for now,we don't know who will be the Head Coach.

Pitso is also a strong contender as he has a lot of admirers in the glass house.

Anything can happen though.

We are too slow.
We should have gone for Tom saintfelt immediately after the afcon. We were busy trying to get him to stay.
What of the Angolan coach

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:44pm On Mar 01
Moniter0:
Mikel should know that Chelsea of before is no longer the Chelsea of now, even since the departure of the Russian and Israeli man, Roman Abramovich, Chelsea has returned to the status it was before it was acquired by him.

Chelsea greatly prospered under the administration of Roman Abramovich, because the Jews have that blessing from God to prosper in anywhere they find themselves.
Make I just laugh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:45pm On Mar 01
lbrichman2:

I often wonder why Amunike's name is mentioned anytime there's a vacancy for the SE coaching seat
As much as I love his philosophy and scouting ability, this guy has been out of job for months!

Why doesn't he get something doing, instead of waiting for the SE call that might never come?

Finidi abeg for me

Make thegoodjoe no c dis comment o 😊

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:45pm On Mar 01
Princezibk:
Some peeps are born that way ,,, Just naturally evil minded …

I have someone like him at my work place ,,, he has been sacked in many organizations due to that attitude, though he got talent so that’s working for him but in a short period, he’ll become an irritant that for the first time one will wish his fellow man evil or death …

This nuisance man at my work place castigated the eagles πŸ¦… sothe, he’ll be mocking we eagles supporters. He’ll come before every match and say today you guys go cry 😭,,, When we got to finals you won’t believe this man posted eagles and was saying β€œ he believes in them from day one β€œ jubilating all over his media space … My colleagues had to call me to ask if this man his mentally stable ? 🀣🀣

When we lost the final , he came back again and said you see I told you’ll to thread carefully,, that can we see they disappointed as usual ! We had to report him to the director and we dragged him so much that he hated himself. Imagine a 43 yrs old man πŸ‘΄
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ That's Blueelf you are working with. I swear, that's him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:50pm On Mar 01
charlesemeka85:
many folks here re like that

If u can remember certain monickers were mute and disappeared from this thread when the super eagles were having a smooth run until they lost in the finals they all resurfaced criticizing the players and Jpes tactical approach

They are the set of pple I named β€œShebi I tell una” gang 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Their leader is thegoodjoe, even if the team went on to win the afcon he won’t be impressed since they didn’t win it with tiki taka style of football with Nwakali the main orchestrator in midfield 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
May tiki taka perish!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 3:51pm On Mar 01
Philosopher1979:

We are too slow.
We should have gone for Tom saintfelt immediately after the afcon. We were busy trying to get him to stay.

That has always been our bane, always slow in getting things done.
Jpes was lucky to get the 6 months contract extension.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:52pm On Mar 01
charlesemeka85:
Elf isn’t like that just that he suffered so many heartbreak via his expectations in the team in the past which made him turn bad 🀣🀣🀣

He forgot that no national team is stable, good and bad runs will surely happen. Few footballing power house today are a shadow of themselves while few lesser ones hv grown in strength and quality
Italy has not qualified for two world cups back to back. Germany knocked out first round back to back. Brazil has not gone past quarter finals of world cup since 2002 (except for the 2014 semi final run)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 3:52pm On Mar 01
lbrichman2:

Finidi abeg for me

I think the current minister of sports fancies him (Amuneke).

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:53pm On Mar 01
Mujtahida:

He is right. A Jewish man invented the mobile phone. Jews have the highest iq in the world. They are just too smart.
They invented Facebook WhatsApp genetic engineering etc
It got Hitler angry but he couldn't succeed.
It's a fact the Jewish genius is too outstanding.
The abrahamic covenant works for them.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:03pm On Mar 01
charlesemeka85:
that Komenk guy na case I swear

Initially I Dey feel pity for him based on how almost 100% of monickers here bash him on a daily but with time I tell myself the truth say the guy too jonse 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
I used to defend him oo but Chai that man na bitterleaf. Anything Nigerian player, he must denigrate or ridicule. If not that he's black, I'd have said he's racist

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:05pm On Mar 01
Philosopher1979:

He is right. A Jewish man invented the mobile phone. Jews have the highest iq in the world. They are just too smart.
Hahaha hahaha no wahala.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Setaleonoz(m): 4:05pm On Mar 01
Marjoribanks:
It's George Finidi's time!

Thank you JP! You made us believe again!

Goodluck in your future endeavors!

Person weh dey drag jersey grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 4:06pm On Mar 01
Mujtahida:

Italy has not qualified for two world cups back to back. Germany knocked out first round back to back. Brazil has not gone past quarter finals of world cup since 2002
Brazil are losing semi finalists when there hosted in 2014.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 4:06pm On Mar 01
Philosopher1979:

We are too slow.

Going for Saintfelt immediately after the AFCON would have sent a wrong message, especially with JPes's performance

We could have done a quiet pre-agreement though, then waited for JPes to quit and finally brought him in

Immediately after the AFCON would have been too harsh on JPes and the players..

Bayern did same with Nagelsmann, now they in trouble
I know those are two different situations, I'm just putting it out there

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 4:07pm On Mar 01
elyte89:

Make thegoodjoe no c dis comment o 😊

How I go take hide am na πŸ˜‚?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 4:08pm On Mar 01
Daninya33:

I think the current minister of sports fancies him (Amuneke).

In that case, we hope he still knows his stuff because he go too collect if he fumble..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 4:09pm On Mar 01
Philosopher1979:

Perfect!
Nothing more to add!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 4:10pm On Mar 01
Setaleonoz:

Una no dey forget something πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:15pm On Mar 01
jieta:
Brazil are losing semi finalists when there hosted in 2014.
OH thank you for the correction.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:18pm On Mar 01
Setaleonoz:

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:19pm On Mar 01
Mujtahida:

na so pple they believe nonsense 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 4:27pm On Mar 01
Mujtahida:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ That's Blueelf you are working with. I swear, that's him.
It’s Crystal clear πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€£πŸ€£
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:32pm On Mar 01
Joebie:
Finidi for continuity + Amuneke. Pay them that $50k monthly
This would be the ideal but I dare not trust that leopard, NFF to change its spots now. Why should they?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:33pm On Mar 01
It is not difficult to know GENz! You all disrespect LEGENDs too much!
Setaleonoz:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:34pm On Mar 01
Meliforme:
I prefer Salisu to Peseiro. Salisu selected the squad that thrashed Sao tome and Principe 10 unreplied goals. That squad had more balance than the squad Peseiro selected.
Sao Tome and principe?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:39pm On Mar 01
Kog45:
Sao Tome and principe?
grin Let it not shock you Elder

Salisu that didn't qualify our U-23 for AFCON and inadvertently Olympics just last year.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:39pm On Mar 01
TheGoodJoe:

I believe the pursuit of dominance will lead to winning more in the long run than chasing short wins. So defending to win a cup will not result in more wins than a team working toward dominance. I also see developing a team towards playing possessively-offensively as the best way towards dominance.
Dominance is good but take what you can and fill your trophy cabinet whenever the opportunity comes because, in modern day national football, the kind of unbroken tiki taka dominance (I say this tongue in cheek) you are looking for like Spain had from 2008-2012 is hard oo. So grab what you can and get moving cos in international football you are up today, tomorrow you are in the trenches.

Remember, history matters and our football cannot answer to your appetite. I like good football but I will never let that override historical victories cos I will not be here forever but if we win, even our posterity will glory in it.

Many of us were not born in 1980 and even 94 when Nigeria won first and second Afcon but we rejoice in those historical achievements and we equally feel the pain of historical losses like CIV 84, Maroc 88, missing out in the late 90's when we peaked and the final in 2000.

Do you know what a victory in this Afcon would have meant for young boys of 8-14 years old.

It was Afcon 94 that made me a football fan oo. Prior to that time wetin concern me with football even though I still remember watching Okwaraji slump in 89. But Japan 93 and Afcon 94 blew fire into my belly.

So your appetite is good but victory for the sake of history and posterity trumps everything.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:47pm On Mar 01
mostob:
Unless you're talking about management and off field aspects. Using 15 years to build dominance in international football is crazy. It is a plan that is insane and unachievable. Let's even set aside age issue, what of the constant and frequent evolvement of football? By the time you use 15 years to perfect your tikitaka football, teams you're hoping to dominate would have evolved with up-to-date tactic.

Let me also add that your team will be found out. It will be so easy to prepare against your team because oppositions already figure out what to expect.
Spain tiki taka dazzled the world for just four years. After that dem kpo kpo dem 5-1.
Now they are just as pedestrian as they used to be before their tiki taka juju took the world by surprise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15926) (15927) (15928) (15929) (15930) (15931) (15932) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo, yemyke001(m), DrYa and 23 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.