Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15930) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11698372 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15927) (15928) (15929) (15930) (15931) (15932) (15933) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:50pm On Mar 01
TheGoodJoe:

First of all, there is nothing like found out because there is a term called MASTERY. As long as you keep mastering your philosophy, you will stay ahead and win more. It is also easier to dominate in the long run.

Than spending your days trying to adapt with up-to-date tactics.

Get a sound philosophy and keep building on it. That is the only way to long term success. Any other thing is less.

Perfecting possessive play means improving in all aspects. Technique, positioning, movement, passing etc.

Than looking for short wins.
Igbo people have a proverb, if you know this one, you don't know that one. So you master your technique and that alone will keep you dominating other teams? Omo this is some impractical idealistic tripe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:52pm On Mar 01
Goke7:

Not a surprise, win or lose he was bound to go. We await that magical coach we, as a people think, is out there
I pray we don't rue his departure
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:52pm On Mar 01
Joebie:
Cant have him till August
In as much as I like Siasia I think he's seriously tainted and shouldn't be appointed as SE coach.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:55pm On Mar 01
Meliforme:
I prefer Salisu to Peseiro. Salisu selected the squad that thrashed Sao tome and Principe 10 unreplied goals. That squad had more balance than the squad Peseiro selected.
This guy ehn. Omo you dey weak me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 4:58pm On Mar 01
charlesemeka85:
many folks here re like that

If u can remember certain monickers were mute and disappeared from this thread when the super eagles were having a smooth run until they lost in the finals they all resurfaced criticizing the players and Jpes tactical approach

They are the set of pple I named “Shebi I tell una” gang 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Their leader is thegoodjoe, even if the team went on to win the afcon he won’t be impressed since they didn’t win it with tiki taka style of football with Nwakali the main orchestrator in midfield 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
i don't see criticising a coach tactical approach as bad, it's normal for fans to criticise a coach approach towards a match when the team lose even sometimes when they win both club and country. That doesn't mean the fan is a hater or bad belle. I'm only fault those who never see anything good in the team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:02pm On Mar 01
charlesemeka85:
na so pple they believe nonsense 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Na wetin dem sabi them talk. So it's best I just keep quiet because the evidence is everywhere that it is not the way they think it is, that it is.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:03pm On Mar 01
Odunayaw:
grin Let it not shock you Elder

Salisu that didn't qualify our U-23 for AFCON and inadvertently Olympics just last year.

Upside down people. Na dem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:12pm On Mar 01
Mujtahida:

Upside down people. Na dem

So who do u prefer to coach us now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:14pm On Mar 01
typicalgamer:

It’s nothing new osimehn is world class an elite so that’s to be expected
facts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01
I actually want Peseiro out just like I want Tinubu out. We need a coach that can bring out the attacking football in our SE. We need to play beautiful attacking football. And the two coaches that comes to mind are Amunike and Siasia

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 5:47pm On Mar 01
if we loseguard for WCQ, walai Gernot Rohr and Hugo broos go use us shine…i pray we dont encounter our first back to back world cup miss🤔

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:47pm On Mar 01
Mujtahida:

Spain tiki taka dazzled the world for just four years. After that dem kpo kpo dem 5-1.
Now they are just as pedestrian as they used to be before their tiki taka juju took the world by surprise.

tiki taka that is dying off slowly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:47pm On Mar 01
TheGoodJoe:

First of all, there is nothing like found out because there is a term called MASTERY. As long as you keep mastering your philosophy, you will stay ahead and win more. It is also easier to dominate in the long run.

Than spending your days trying to adapt with up-to-date tactics.

Get a sound philosophy and keep building on it. That is the only way to long term success. Any other thing is less.

Perfecting possessive play means improving in all aspects. Technique, positioning, movement, passing etc.

Than looking for short wins.
You are not taking the time factor into consideration here. Take for instance, it took Arteta 3 seasons before Arsenal could get up and running. That is like 3 years of constant training and practising. There were also transfer windows during which he could acquire the players he wanted. Do you think these luxuries are made available to international coaches?

No transfer, no adequate training time yet you want us to keep building for 15 years. That's unrealistic. International football is short term so philosophies and whatever should be for short term. By the time a team master a particular philosophy, they would have sink into the bottom..far below the poorest teams.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:48pm On Mar 01
chrisooblog:
Asking fans to trust and be patient with a process not yielding results is unrealistic.

Besides football evolves no one style guarantees you success over a long period of time. Countries that have won trophies did so with various formations and styles over a period of time.

Thank you bro. Let me also add the quality of players these countries parade.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:50pm On Mar 01
minfelix:
if we loseguard for WCQ, walai Gernot Rohr and Hugo broos go use us shine…i pray we dont encounter our first back to back world cup miss🤔
if nff like mk dem carry the job give any of amuneke,finidi,eguavoen or this thief salisu that one concern them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:50pm On Mar 01
TheGoodJoe:

The target is not refusing to qualify but judging on a carefully planned playing target. If you target improvement in scouting players, developing players and playing style. Then carefully monitor the playing progress, even if you don't qualify, in a few years, you will be doing better than just qualifying. Qualifying and going to tournaments can never be compared to going to a tournament and making a big impact.
Morocco went to the last world cup and made impact. I guess they have been preparing for 15 years right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 5:53pm On Mar 01
Any coach coming must sign a target contract of beating SA and Benin in June…to extend his contract till 2025 Afcon🤣
No draw
No loss

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:53pm On Mar 01
I keep having this weird feeling that we won’t make it to the World Cup

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MallamSpicey: 5:55pm On Mar 01
Can NFF shortlist Siasia (I'm assuming his ban is over?), Amunike and Finidi as the coaching consortium? We will see fluid football and more midfield interplay with those trio, Siasia and Amunike are fans of midfield football and not the outdated nonsense Rohr and Peseiro have fed us.

I hope NFF won't unveil another average European journeyman that is hunting for an African team to use to shine his CV.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:56pm On Mar 01
Lol, Eguavon again..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MallamSpicey: 5:57pm On Mar 01
Danielnino00:
Lol, Eguavon again..
Abeg don't tell me it's what I'm thinking... shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:59pm On Mar 01
JUST IN : Eguavoen steps in as Super Eagles interim coach.

He will be assisted by Finidi George, who has stayed the longest with Peseiro among all indigenous coaches appointed to work with the Portuguese by the Amaju Pinnick led board for 22 months.

Maestro will be back to the national team soon 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:00pm On Mar 01
ChrisKels:
I keep having this weird feeling that we won’t make it to the World Cup
I won’t be surprised 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 6:02pm On Mar 01
Eguavoen grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:03pm On Mar 01
MallamSpicey:

Abeg don't tell me it's what I'm thinking... shocked

Report says he has been appointed as interim coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:03pm On Mar 01
charlesemeka85:

He will be assisted by Finidi George, who has stayed the longest with Peseiro among all indigenous coaches appointed to work with the Portuguese by the Amaju Pinnick led board for 22 months.

Jibola Adebola is coming back to pepper you 🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:04pm On Mar 01
charlesemeka85:

Nwakali is one of Eguaveon's favorite players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 6:05pm On Mar 01
charlesemeka85:

Nwakali on his way back😆😃…Eguavoen played full attaacking football vs Ghana in Abuja, Played Tunisia same…but both games were lost through goal keeping errors. i fancy eguavoen small…na small i talk ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 6:12pm On Mar 01
I'll take Eguavoen even on interim capacity 10x over Peseiro, Egu's team actually played beautiful attacking football at the AFCON 2021, that QF loss against Tunisia was just down to a string of unfortunate events (like Iwobi's red card and a plethora of misses from us).

At least the Nwakali fans can be happy cause he will finally be back in the team if we get to play international friendly games, Eguavoen might even be allowed to prosecute the WCQ games cause finding a brand new coach outside the obvious candidates (Amunike, Oliseh etc) will be hard and expensive with little time to bed in his coaching philosophy.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 6:14pm On Mar 01
Meliforme:
I prefer Salisu to Peseiro. Salisu selected the squad that thrashed Sao tome and Principe 10 unreplied goals. That squad had more balance than the squad Peseiro selected.

And who has been selecting the home-based squad that has failed to qualify us for CHAN and Olympics

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:16pm On Mar 01
Danielnino00:

Jibola Adebola is coming back to pepper you 🤣🤣

Jibola Adebola!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Moniter0: 6:16pm On Mar 01
Philosopher1979:

He is right. A Jewish man invented the mobile phone. Jews have the highest iq in the world. They are just too smart.
They invented Facebook WhatsApp genetic engineering etc
It got Hitler angry but he couldn't succeed.
It's a fact the Jewish genius is too outstanding.
The abrahamic covenant works for them.
the two guys that also invented Google/YouTube are Jewish. Albert Einstein is Jewish. The founder of Dell is Jewish, the people behind Warner Bros, creators of Popular fictional Characters like Superman are Jewish. God greatly prospered Microsoft when a Jewish man—Steve Ballmer was appointed CEO of the Company in 2000, just like God greatly prospered Potiphar's house when a Jewish man—Joseph was put in charge.

The greatest and most popular figure of all—the Lord Jesus Christ himself is Jewish

(1) (2) (3) ... (15927) (15928) (15929) (15930) (15931) (15932) (15933) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ikanium(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.