Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16011) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11668023 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16008) (16009) (16010) (16011) (16012) (16013) (16014) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:00pm On Mar 23
charlesemeka85:
na ur money dem wan tk pay am?
Which kain mumu question be this?

How will you justify $80k on assistant coach? What will they pay Finidi angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:01pm On Mar 23
7demons:

This is a Friendly match not a War match.
Though it's FIFA rated but the Referee let something slide...except for the Ghana player who tend to be unfortunate by abusing the Referee.

Otto Addo, the Ghana coach was playing to his best knowing his job is as stake prior to their poor outing at the just concluded AFCON.
Some Ghanaian fans are calling some players axed from their national team so they had to make it a do or die affair to redeem their image..just like Iwobi did, and also considering its Nigeria their rival.
Nothing much expected from Finidi cos win or lose, he will still maintain his position as the assistant coach to anyone whom NFF decides to "select" as head coach. BUT again, he has to prove he's capable of the job if given an opportunity.

You can see how he reverted to our "attacking orthodox football" that has missing since Rohr & Peseiro took over? It's been our style of play doing our golden ages that makes us a reckoning force around the globe.
I bet if Peseiro was incharge, he would have sat 6 defenders @the back and left a lone striker at the front telling the players to defend deep and hit them on counters. But Finidi matched them man to man, strength to strength and created more chances in the first half. Had we had a strong feet the front, the match would have been 3-0 by 1st half.
JPes only started to play defensive from the 2nd game of AFCON. Make una no rewrite history abeg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:03pm On Mar 23
charlesemeka85:
fine 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

LoL nwa nkita 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

I been see you for video for one convention in Owerri, abi no be you I see?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23
chrisooblog:
Yeah those were good goals but I don't remember if the moves started off in Defense from the goalkeeper.

I posted the highlight. It started from an Iwobi's quick switch long pass to the other side of the pitch, a forward pass, a dribble, assist...Goal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:06pm On Mar 23
ChrisKels:

LoL nwa nkita 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

I been see you for video for one convention in Owerri, abi no be you I see?
no be me oooo abeg 🤣🤣🤣

Aka m di ocha ✋✋✋✋✋✋✋
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23
lovewins:

The only reason I'll advocate for a foreign coach, particularly amongst those who applied will be cause they potentially won't be swayed by the NFF and players to show favouritism to certain players. Outside this, it's a waste in my opinion to invest in a C-grade European coach like we've done the last one decade.

We obviously know we don't have the money to employ a grade A coach, why not just stick to our local coaches? Save the reason I gave above, they aren't any better on paper than what we have.
IMO, since expensive does not guarantee anything, football isn't one plus one, whatever budget we have, we ought to choose based on realistic KPIs, Philosophy (borrowing from TheGoodJoe), and CV.

I think it is too simplistic to just separate prospective candidates into local or foreign. Well, that's if we aren't just playing football for participation sake.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 7demons: 1:16pm On Mar 23
Odunayaw:
JPes only started to play defensive from the 2nd game of AFCON. Make una no rewrite history abeg
After he regreted not coming with enough midfielders?
So who's fault was it??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:21pm On Mar 23
https://streamin.one/v/4b6aab9a

Samu’s goal against Hellas Verona
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 1:22pm On Mar 23
Odunayaw:

He didnt say Torrent should be assistant, but finidi. Check the message again

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:22pm On Mar 23
How Aribo was preferred ahead of Onyedika still baffles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:25pm On Mar 23
Odunayaw:

carry the job give Emilokan Amuneke na 🤣🤣🤣

Torrent don coach Galatasaray, New York Red Bull, girona and Flamengo as well as worked as an assistant to pep at barca, Bayern and Man city
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:26pm On Mar 23
ChrisKels:
How Aribo was preferred ahead of Onyedika still baffles
Aribo na finished product 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:29pm On Mar 23
I will suggest the NFF to get a Foreign coach with Finidi as assistant for next afcon and World Cup

If the coach leaves Finidi should be promoted as the head coach for the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 1:35pm On Mar 23
lbrichman2:

Exquisite Chief 👌
That was classic Finidi-ball
Our passing was a lot better yesterday
Is it not too early for *Finidi-ball*?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 7demons: 1:39pm On Mar 23
Egypt new stadium: 94,000 capacity in their new administrative capital.
Countries who like to develop their football with basic infrastructures.
The opening ceremony was done yesterday with a game against New Zealand which they won 1 - 0.
Hossam Hassan a former player is their new coach.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 1:39pm On Mar 23
chrisooblog:
Loved KCs sleek movement and sharpness.

Make we no lie and shame the devil JP no sabi manage him bench for AFCON and are we seriously saying Raphael was such a poor DM we couldn't have risked him in a 3-man midfield and played Iwobi higher up in attack? undecided

Anyway the man do go.

Av read a lot of comments from d "forumites", now many could see d skills set of d players. jpajero ran d Eagles ragged at AFCON. Look at the build up to d second goal, simply classic. Kudos to jpajero for reaching d final but I must sincerely thank GOD that Ogun idile did not leave jpajero alone as he left the Eagles. With nff!!!! My fingers are crossed

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 1:42pm On Mar 23
Tinneh:

Is it not too early for *Finidi-ball*?

Abeg

Na "Amunike-ball" we want

Massive attack
Massive defense

High press tiki-taker

Wing play

Thou Finidi played a bit of it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 1:47pm On Mar 23
charlesemeka85:
I will suggest the NFF to get a Foreign coach with Finidi as assistant for next afcon and World Cup

Finidi should be given the job to lead the chan eagles, since he coaches enyimba presently he should have a better idea of the home based players, then we can assess him properly if he's ready for the job,
I could recall when Salisu yusuf was handed the interim super eagles job before we signed rohr, he won the friendly games he took charge of against cameroon and another country I cant recall,but
couldn't do much with the chan team on two diffrent occasions

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 1:49pm On Mar 23
charlesemeka85:
with that their coach who Dey waka like who waist dey pain 🤣🤣🤣🤣
have you started jogging ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 1:54pm On Mar 23
charlesemeka85:

nope let him play the world cup qualifiers in June and then appoint him as head coach if he succeed if not then appoint a foreign coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:06pm On Mar 23
Tinneh:

Finidi should be given the job to lead the chan eagles, since he coaches enyimba presently he should have a better idea of the home based players, then we can assess him properly if he's ready for the job,
I could recall when Salisu yusuf was handed the interim super eagles job before we signed rohr, he won the friendly games he took charge of against cameroon and another country I cant recall,but
couldn't do much with the chan team on two diffrent occasions
I heard that as the assistant of the incoming foreign coach that finidi will also be the head coach of the chan team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:08pm On Mar 23
leathalbeast:
have you started jogging ?
kweku re u bck? How u and chest pain tk do for night?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:13pm On Mar 23
leathalbeast:
nope let him play the world cup qualifiers in June and then appoint him as head coach if he succeed if not then appoint a foreign coach
no Dey put mouth for wetin no concern u 🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 2:13pm On Mar 23
charlesemeka85:
kweku re u bck? How u and chest pain tk do for night?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
was very okay, spent my time watching our u-20 boys defeat Uganda to win gold yesterday so funny enough Ghanaians were talking about the Nigeria Ghana match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:13pm On Mar 23
robosky02:

Abeg

Na "Amunike-ball" we want

Massive attack
Massive defense

High press tiki-taker

Wing play

Thou Finidi played a bit of it
and he is still unemployed 🥱
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 2:14pm On Mar 23
charlesemeka85:
no Dey put mouth for wetin no concern u 🤣🤣🤣
you want foreign coach, what have u ever won with a foreign coach ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:14pm On Mar 23
leathalbeast:
was very okay, spent my time watching our u-20 boys defeat Uganda to win gold yesterday so funny enough Ghanaians were talking about the Nigeria Ghana match.
ok but if the pains persist try go hospital ooo cus I noticed it was sifia last night 🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:15pm On Mar 23
leathalbeast:
you want foreign coach, what has u ever won with a foreign coach ?
e no concern u. No be we say Mk una own no carry una team pass group stage for last afcon 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 2:20pm On Mar 23
charlesemeka85:
ok but if the pains persist try go hospital ooo cus I noticed it was sifia last night 🤣🤣🤣
I hear boss, but also try and go shave, work out , be fresh so as to improve your health and increase your likes on your dp.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 2:22pm On Mar 23
charlesemeka85:
e no concern u. No be we say Mk una own no carry una team pass group stage for last afcon 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
alryt, the next time you make it to the final, also try to win it looooool.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:47pm On Mar 23
leathalbeast:
I hear boss, but also try and go shave, work out , be fresh so as to improve your health and increase your likes on your dp.
drop your pics and if I’m not fresher, healthier, taller and more good looking than you I go deactivate my account 😊
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:52pm On Mar 23
leathalbeast:
alryt, the next time you make it to the final, also try to win it looooool.
who knows it may happen winning the next edition

But I bet you say una go still jabo for group stage 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not against one of the heavy weights in African football but against minors like Comoros, Cape Verde and Mauritius 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16008) (16009) (16010) (16011) (16012) (16013) (16014) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, damagnificentusb(m), iamdynamite(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.