Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16017) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11751291 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16014) (16015) (16016) (16017) (16018) (16019) (16020) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:49pm On Mar 24
TheGoodJoe:

The simple reason I am clamoring for Amunike is he is the best when it comes to delivering the possessive offensive philosophy. He understands the modern game and trained fully in it. If we had someone like Addo as a Nigerian I will call for him but we don't. Addo is also sound in the modern game. Has a lot to do with Pep Guardiola's influence on German football.

It will be hard for us to pull a foreign coach well versed in the modern game, that is why the clamor for Amunike.

It is not just about CV but delivering the philosophy.
the same pep’s coaching philosophy that alot of Germans are blaming for the demise of their national team for the past couple of years?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 1:55pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:

He should apply for coaching jobs in top Npfl clubs which I believe he will easily get based on his profile as ex Nigerian international. Jobs like that aren’t difficult to get for pple of his status in 9ja

What so ever philosophy he has should be put on display for all to see for judgement to be passed if truly he is good enough for the senior national team job

Clubs like Akwa United, Rangers even sporting of Lagos and Remo stars will gladly want someone of his caliber around the the club.

Coaching profession most times is not by your qualification but achievements which will open doors for big opportunities. They are coaches with the same qualification he has that are finding it difficult to get jobs

They are a lot of coaches that shared the same class with him, pep, giggs and others that are yet to make a name in coaching, ex players like Scholes, Gary Neville, Seedolf etc are all certified coaches but couldn’t achieve anything when they got a chance.

Neville’s woeful stint with Valencia humble am till date 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Paul Scholes flopped big time as a coach at Oldham

Seedolf flopped in laliga with Deportivo, ventured into national team coaching with Cameroon and couldn’t achieve anything

Mk Amuneke show workin no be Cho Cho Cho 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can't sincerely justify giving the job to someone who has not been actively coaching at least 2 years. The last time Amuneke somewhat coached a football team was when he was seconded to Eguavon during the last world cup qualifiers with Ghana. Prior to that there was also an hiatus.

I like the guy, but it appears he's just waiting on the sidelines to be handed over the Super Eagles Job on a platter. Like you rightly said, make Baba show workings.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:56pm On Mar 24
Na so we hype Sunny Oliseh then dem carry job give am. Every day if em no fight with Enyeama na Mikel or Victor Moses 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:02pm On Mar 24
lovewins:

I can't sincerely justify giving the job to someone who has not been actively coaching at least 2 years. The last time Amuneke somewhat coached a football team was when he was seconded to Eguavon during the last world cup qualifiers with Ghana. Prior to that there was also an hiatus.

I like the guy, but it appears he's just waiting on the sidelines to be handed over the Super Eagles Job on a platter. Like you rightly said, make Baba show workings.
When finidi relocated to 9ja from Spain after his coaching certification and temporary work with Betis he tried getting the u17 job but when it didn’t work baba came down from his high horse after many tries and settled with Enyimba

Today he is the favorite to emerge as the next assistant coach of the super eagles and coach of the chan eagles

I believe Amuneke’s problem is ego. He should swallow his bride and take a job in any of the NPFL clubs

If the CV of those that applied for super eagles job are made open I won’t be surprised to see that his is the poorest.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 2:13pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
Na so we hype Sunny Oliseh then dem carry job give am. Every day if em no fight with Enyeama na Mikel or Victor Moses 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Late Keshi did well with Togo and Mali, He even once submitted application for Bafana Bafana job. Openings were in Algeria, Morocco, Ghana, Cameroon, Gambia, none of our ex submitted applications all they want is super eagles job. Last known job was pundits with super sports.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:37pm On Mar 24
When is our match against Mali?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:37pm On Mar 24
opes:

Late Keshi did well with Togo and Mali, He even once submitted application for Bafana Bafana job. Opening were in Algeria, Morocco, Ghana, Cameroon, Gambia, none of our ex submitted applications all they want is super eagles job. Last known job was pundits with super sports.
that’s all they do. Even late Amodu coached SA giants Orlando Pirates

Our ex international their main aim for getting coaching certification na to lobby for super eagles coaching job but they forgot that one hv to start from somewhere to attract job of such magnitude

Imagine say u get company now and I happen to be a graduate from one of the top Universities in europe, Asia or America with no working experience but applied for an important and delicate position in your firm so U will ignore a uniben or UNN graduate with years of working experience in the same field just to employ me because of my foreign cert?

Well we no Dey for normal country so it’s highly possible 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 2:43pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
This boy needs to be capped asap for future purposes
Ok, u have seen it too. I did ask the rationale for inviting Osi for this friendly. So many defenders?? A spot should have been left for Ifeanyi Matthew and this young lad. I have watched him play many times and I know that he got it in him. A different kind to what we have.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:01pm On Mar 24
ChrisKels:
When is our match against Mali?

Tuesday…
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:03pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
that’s all they do. Even late Amodu coached SA giants Orlando Pirates

Our ex international their main aim for getting coaching certification na to lobby for super eagles coaching job but they forgot that one hv to start from somewhere to attract job of such magnitude

Imagine say u get company now and I happen to be a graduate from one of the top Universities in europe, Asia or America with no working experience but applied for an important and delicate position in your firm so U will ignore a uniben or UNN graduate with years of working experience in the same field just to employ me because of my foreign cert?

Well we no Dey for normal country so it’s highly possible 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Amunike had coached more than 2 clubs in Africa, one in Egypt, another in Sudan, and another in Zambia, he also coached Tanzanian national team, qualified them to their first Afcon,

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:12pm On Mar 24
do4luv14:

Amunike had coached more than 2 clubs in Africa, one in Egypt, another in Sudan, and another in Zambia, he also coached Tanzanian national team, qualified them to their first Afcon,

and?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:14pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
and?

It's not that he had been idle as you make it seems

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:33pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
When finidi relocated to 9ja from Spain after his coaching certification and temporary work with Betis he tried getting the u17 job but when it didn’t work baba came down from his high horse after many tries and settled with Enyimba

Today he is the favorite to emerge as the next assistant coach of the super eagles and coach of the chan eagles

I believe Amuneke’s problem is ego. He should swallow his bride and take a job in any of the NPFL clubs

If the CV of those that applied for super eagles job are made open I won’t be surprised to see that his is the poorest.

Completely agree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:35pm On Mar 24
do4luv14:

It's not that he had been idle as you make it seems
so? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:48pm On Mar 24
Calvin Bassey to miss Super Eagles friendly against Mali, returns to #Fulham for further assessment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:42pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
the same pep’s coaching philosophy that alot of Germans are blaming for the demise of their national team for the past couple of years?
The Brazilians sef are complaining.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:43pm On Mar 24
do4luv14:

Since when please? Like when was his last job?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:22pm On Mar 24
opes:

Tanzania was at the last AFCON. A coach qualified them for the tournament as well, infact, the only match they lost was against Morocco. They played draw with Zambia and Congo
Yes you are right, i forgot but definitely Amunike's time in Tanzania was record breaking. Please note that I am not pro-Amuneke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 5:27pm On Mar 24
do4luv14:

I stand with Amunike
He is arguably the most qualified

But hope NFF politics wouldn't stop him

If not he has all the credentials and qualifications

Has coached both in nigeria and other African countries
As club and national team coach

The present crop of super Eagles players are his boys from U17

What else do we need?

As for Finidi George he has shown signs of things to come but I still think he is not fully ripe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:44pm On Mar 24
robosky02:

I stand with Amunike

What else do we need?

As for Finidi George he has shown signs of things to come but I still think he is not fully ripe
you go stand sotey u no go knw wen u go find stool tk sit down🥱

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:51pm On Mar 24
mostob:
Since when please? Like when was his last job?

Google is your friend
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:52pm On Mar 24
lbrichman2:

Completely agree

Then prepare to be shocked, if it eventually opened
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:55pm On Mar 24
robosky02:

I stand with Amunike

What else do we need?

Dis is what I don’t want to agree….u can promote amunike all u like but saying finidi george is not fully ripe is what I don’t get…wetin no make am ripe 😊?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:02pm On Mar 24
Sani Suleiman scores again for Akwa. Match winner vs Plateau United in Jos. Komekn abeg help me find championship club for this boy grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:09pm On Mar 24
elyte89:

Dis is what I don’t want to agree….u can promote amunike all u like but saying finidi george is not fully ripe is what I don’t get…wetin no make am ripe 😊?
cus em no attend the same coaching school with pep

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:12pm On Mar 24
SCORENigeria can exclusively report that the Super Eagles will launch their newly designed Nike jerseys for this year in June, when they host South Africa in a must-win 2026 World Cup qualifier in Uyo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:13pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
you go stand sotey u no go knw wen u go find stool tk sit down🥱
grin but you en

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 6:38pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
SCORENigeria can exclusively report that the Super Eagles will launch their newly designed Nike jerseys for this year in June, when they host South Africa in a must-win 2026 World Cup qualifier in Uyo.
I no dey envy the coach that will be in d dug out for this game. He should pray that all his key players stays healthy. PJes just dug big hole with excavator for him to fill. It's a pity. Worst is it will be d first time he will meet his team. NFF should allow Finidi to execute those games if must say. If we survive na plus, if we kaput na same same. After all the coast been no clear before.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:42pm On Mar 24
do4luv14:

Google is your friend
Then you actually don't know what you're talking about. I can bet you don't even know the last club Amunike coached yet you're here singing his praises.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:52pm On Mar 24
mostob:
Then you actually don't know what you're talking about. I can bet you don't even know the last club Amunike coached yet you're here singing his praises.

How did I sing his praise, bros no put words for my mouth, you should scroll up and look the comments I replied,

ofcos I might forget the club, but it certainly in Zambia, ( proof me wrong)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 6:52pm On Mar 24
do4luv14:

Then prepare to be shocked, if it eventually opened

Na here we dey..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:30pm On Mar 24
Meliforme:

Ebuehi interprets the fullback role better.
His execution of long passing and crossing of the ball is better than those of the two you mentioned.

I see Aina and Osayi as wingers who can also do well as fullbacks.

Contrary to what most of you think, Aina is not a better fullback compared to Zaidu.

Once I read your last paragraph, l remember what we often say in Warri.

Who dey follow craze🤪 man fight imself deh craze 🤪🤪🤪

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16014) (16015) (16016) (16017) (16018) (16019) (16020) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.