Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16018) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11706426 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16015) (16016) (16017) (16018) (16019) (16020) (16021) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 7:39pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
mk we hear word abeg. Who get time to dey wait for players to absorb the Philosophy of a coach in international football

It can only work when 50% of a team’s players are assemble from a particular club. A good example is Spain’s euro and World Cup winning squad

Amuneke should take up a job in any of our local clubs or in the continent to perfect what ever coaching philosophy he believes in rather than sit idle waiting and lobbying for super eagles job when he has done nada to justify that he is good for a job of such magnitude

Finidi was considered to be good enough to assist Jpes because of his exploits with Enyimba and currently pencilled down to serve in the same capacity with the next coach as well as head the coaching crew of the Chan eagles. By so doing he is gradually been groomed to take over the post of head coach of the super eagles in the nearest future

I bet you that if Finidi happen to do wonders in the super eagles with the incoming coach as well as do well with the chan team he stands a better chance coaching the super eagles in the future than Amuneke who’s presumed philosophy and expertise is only on paper

U shared the same classroom with the best graduating student of your set in uni no mean say u sabi book 😏

Well said

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 7:49pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
When finidi relocated to 9ja from Spain after his coaching certification and temporary work with Betis he tried getting the u17 job but when it didn’t work baba came down from his high horse after many tries and settled with Enyimba

Today he is the favorite to emerge as the next assistant coach of the super eagles and coach of the chan eagles

I believe Amuneke’s problem is ego. He should swallow his bride and take a job in any of the NPFL clubs

If the CV of those that applied for super eagles job are made open I won’t be surprised to see that his is the poorest.

Frequent FIFA technical committee member coaching Akwa United! Abeg ooo😂

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 7:56pm On Mar 24
BascoVanVeli:
Sani Suleiman scores again for Akwa. Match winner vs Plateau United in Jos. Komekn abeg help me find championship club for this boy grin

He won't make the bench of any championship academy team. He's not good enough to play college football to say the least

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:08pm On Mar 24
Tessyy1701:

Frequent FIFA technical committee member coaching Akwa United! Abeg ooo😂
fifa technical committee member wey no fit show working 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:38pm On Mar 24
Tessyy1701:

He won't make the bench of any championship academy team. He's not good enough to play college football to say the least
Someone that's currently earning less than £1k.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:57pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
Calvin Bassey to miss Super Eagles friendly against Mali, returns to #Fulham for further assessment.
Frank Onyeka too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 9:11pm On Mar 24
Tessyy1701:

loooool. Abeg make una leave komekn nah 😂😅😅😅😅

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:48pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
the same pep’s coaching philosophy that alot of Germans are blaming for the demise of their national team for the past couple of years?

It is not demise of the national team but many teams catching up to the philosophy.

The German National team were on a downward trail and had a spike after Guardiola's input. They can't think of going the old way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:50pm On Mar 24
Toylove:

Bro
I watched Tanzania in the AFCON Amunike took them, he didn’t play any possessive football sir

It is a process. And they played better than they used to. It takes time to sync it.

Why not give us your proposal on the way forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:52pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
mk we hear word abeg. Who get time to dey wait for players to absorb the Philosophy of a coach in international football

It can only work when 50% of a team’s players are assemble from a particular club. A good example is Spain’s euro and World Cup winning squad

Amuneke should take up a job in any of our local clubs or in the continent to perfect what ever coaching philosophy he believes in rather than sit idle waiting and lobbying for super eagles job when he has done nada to justify that he is good for a job of such magnitude

Finidi was considered to be good enough to assist Jpes because of his exploits with Enyimba and currently pencilled down to serve in the same capacity with the next coach as well as head the coaching crew of the Chan eagles. By so doing he is gradually been groomed to take over the post of head coach of the super eagles in the nearest future

I bet you that if Finidi happen to do wonders in the super eagles with the incoming coach as well as do well with the chan team he stands a better chance coaching the super eagles in the future than Amuneke who’s presumed philosophy and expertise is only on paper

U shared the same classroom with the best graduating student of your set in uni no mean say u sabi book 😏

I wonder the animosity. I don't have beef if Finidi is picked ahead of Amunike or stands a better chance. I want our team playing in an offensive possessive pattern.

Amunike is my favorite because he is from the system. And please, I am not blocking your ears.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53pm On Mar 24
Tessyy1701:

The bolded is only possible if we have a coach with the same philosophy for all the age grade teams too.

I disagree. As long as the coach keeps building the national team, he can get a synergy for a possessive pattern.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:56pm On Mar 24
charlesemeka85:
Na so we hype Sunny Oliseh then dem carry job give am. Every day if em no fight with Enyeama na Mikel or Victor Moses 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Many criticized Oliseh's appointment here. I doubt you have even started participating here at that time. You just rant.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:39am On Mar 25
TheGoodJoe:

It is not demise of the national team but many teams catching up to the philosophy.

The German National team were on a downward trail and had a spike after Guardiola's input. They can't think of going the old way.
2008 euro final, 2010 World Cup semi, 2012 euro semi, how were they on a downward slope?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:01am On Mar 25
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 5:45am On Mar 25
TheGoodJoe:

I disagree. As long as the coach keeps building the national team, he can get a synergy for a possessive pattern.

According to You it takes time that's why Tanzania wasn't able to play possessive football at 2019 AFCON.

Let's assume He get the SE job now.. In 2years time player are still learning the art, in 4years time player are getting used to the philosophy then boom 4-6 players of the current squad are no more in their prime then we'll bring another 6 that will be learning the philosophy. When is the team going to reap from the whole thing ?

It's not a must we play tiki-taka sir

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 7:18am On Mar 25
😌

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 7:22am On Mar 25
elyte89:

Dis is what I don’t want to agree….u can promote amunike all u like but saying finidi george is not fully ripe is what I don’t get…wetin no make am ripe 😊?

Watin make am no ripe
Na the very reason him no ripe

Amunike has been in line since even before peseiro... What is stopping him all these flimsy excuse
Finidi George has won one friendly and you think all of a sudden he is the man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:33am On Mar 25
Tessyy1701:

According to You it takes time that's why Tanzania wasn't able to play possessive football at 2019 AFCON.

Let's assume He get the SE job now.. In 2years time player are still learning the art, in 4years time player are getting used to the philosophy then boom 4-6 players of the current squad are no more in their prime then we'll bring another 6 that will be learning the philosophy. When is the team going to reap from the whole thing ?

It's not a must we play tiki-taka sir

It takes constant development. What is certain is that you will see instant improvement in the team's play. From there, it is a process of growth. Also, scouting is continuous and passing of the knowledge will continue.

Players to get out of form in boom. It also takes time and in that window, the replacement grows into the role.

What is most important is improvement. Unlike what we saw over the years with Rohr and Peseiro where the team did not improve in play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:44am On Mar 25
robosky02:

Watin make am no ripe

Amunike has been in line since even before peseiro... What is stopping him all these flimsy excuse

Actually, Finidi is my second pick after Amunike. I am not help bent on experience. Heck Guardiola had no experience when he was smoking the likes of Klinsmann and Alex Ferguson.

However, the NFF have really treated Amunike bad because they know he should get the nod before Finidi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:25am On Mar 25
robosky02:

Watin make am no ripe

So because he’s in line…we shld now jettison competence over who’s in line first? 😏, you re funny .mind u I am for a local coach,but I believe it should be given to d most deserving candidates and judging by d cv so far I av seen flying around, dt egbo guy deserves d nod.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:42am On Mar 25
Toylove:
Chelsea All the best to him sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 10:43am On Mar 25
elyte89:

So because he’s in line…we shld now jeopardize competence over who’s in line first? 😏, you re funny .mind u I am for a local coach,but I believe it should be given to d most deserving candidates and judging by d cv so far I av seen flying around, dt egbo guy deserves d nod.

Another angle..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:12am On Mar 25
elyte89:

So because he’s in line…we shld now jettison competence over who’s in line first? 😏, you re funny .mind u I am for a local coach,but I believe it should be given to d most deserving candidates and judging by d cv so far I av seen flying around, dt egbo guy deserves d nod.
did Egbo apply for the job?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:13am On Mar 25
robosky02:

Watin make am no ripe

in line for atm Abi petrol station?😏
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:29am On Mar 25
charlesemeka85:
did Egbo apply for the job?

Yes …na me follow am for line 😎😊

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:40am On Mar 25
robosky02

On a different note, thank you for your contribution over the years to this forum. I appreciate all you are doing. Concerning this Amunike's issue, we can only hope the people in the corridor of power make the best choices. If they don't, we just have to keep hoping and supporting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 11:49am On Mar 25
mostob:
Chelsea All the best to him sha.
I read that Chelsea offered more, the Norwegian league would have been better for his development sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 12:03pm On Mar 25
Toylove:
😌
If Hafiz Umar Ibrahim's trial at Chelsea is successful, he will potentially sign a long-term contract and loan out to Ligue 1 side Strasbourg.

~ @Jololade

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:07pm On Mar 25
Toylove:

If Hafiz Umar Ibrahim's trial at Chelsea is successful, he will potentially sign a long-term contract and loan out to Ligue 1 side Strasbourg.

~ @Jololade

Na striker or midfielder?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:07pm On Mar 25
Toylove:

I read that Chelsea offered more, the Norwegian league would have been better for his development sha
Chelsea also made Sterling do a video call with him, I think that kinda swayed the boy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:08pm On Mar 25
elyte89:

Na striker or midfielder?
striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 12:10pm On Mar 25
TheGoodJoe:

Actually, Finidi is my second pick after Amunike. I am not help bent on experience. Heck Guardiola had no experience when he was smoking the likes of Klinsmann and Alex Ferguson.

However, the NFF have really treated Amunike bad because they know he should get the nod before Finidi.

The truth is NFF often look for a coach they can control
A coach who can play along
Not one who will stick to his plan

Ok we have Qualifier coming up why not employ the best coach to lead the team why an interim coach

So from the beginning Finidi has been given an edge over other

They will now say Finidi has done well ever 2 game and so is the substantive coach

Ok give Amunike 2 friendly match
Let's also judge him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16015) (16016) (16017) (16018) (16019) (16020) (16021) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cromz(m), Marjoribanks and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.