Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16022) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755997 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16019) (16020) (16021) (16022) (16023) (16024) (16025) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26
charlesemeka85:
I don’t really knw why many re tagging the boy’s potential move to chelsea as bad

If he gets the move and performs on loan in Ligue one definitely he may stand a chance been recalled by chelsea or at worst sold to another top 5 league side in europe where he will continue with his career

Exactly. Bodo's not Ajax.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:33pm On Mar 26
ChrisKels:

If they were signing him directly to Strasbourg as a Strasbourg player, that is fantastic, but signing him as a Chelsea player on loan to Strasbourg at this early stage of his career where he needs stability in order to develop his talent, it is a big wrong move. Another Omeruo, than Mikel

That was then.
Modern football now have limits on loanable players.
If a player not good enough you sell.

The biggest L in this is he fails the trial, and has to be hopping between clubs hoping to get a successful trial.

But it shows self-confidence.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:43pm On Mar 26
Amuneke will never coach the Super Eagles as long as Cezero is the Technical Adviser!

Like I said previously. Equaveon and Finidi are in charge. All this advert na just propaganda!
TheGoodJoe:

I agree, thank you for the enlightenment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:47pm On Mar 26
Vodkka:

All-round, as long as football is concerned, CR7 is always better

As long as you’re not named Messi

Cr7 is better than you let’s goo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:50pm On Mar 26
Marjoribanks:
Amuneke will never coach the Super Eagles as long as Cezero is the Technical Adviser!

Like I said previously. Equaveon and Finidi are in charge. All this advert na just propaganda!

That is your belief and not a fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:50pm On Mar 26
Icon79:
You dey mind. People who don't understand football think that Cristiano Ronaldo, a man that would never score a world cup knockout stages goal in his life better than the two times world cup winner and the greatest striker ever lived! Blame it on the media hype. [b][/b]The folks who understand football [b][/b]don't even count Cristiano on their top 5 list.

O pari

People who understands football 😂

CR7 is the pinnacle every footballer dream of

Nobody wants to have delima Ronaldo career no

Cr7 or Messi it’s that simple

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26
[quote author=comodo post=129119063]
Simple and short, all them ex players in that tech team will root for Finidi. If he plays well and wins Mali. Him don land the Job be that.[/quote
And our own don finish be that for the next 4 years 😢
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 4:23pm On Mar 26
[quote author=typicalgamer post=129119726][/quote] If FINIDI lands the Job ,,, it’s gonna be a disaster ? Cuz I don’t get you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:26pm On Mar 26
[quote author=typicalgamer post=129119726][/quote]

Lol ….na ur own finish …no be me 😀😀😀
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:35pm On Mar 26
TheGoodJoe:

pain is that you? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:36pm On Mar 26
Marjoribanks:

instead of Amuneke Mk dem give current Enugu Rangers coach the job 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:39pm On Mar 26
typicalgamer:

Ndidi has no qualities of a CM don’t send our midfield 10 years back into the past

There’s sparks ⚡️ here and there from him doesn’t make him a CM
you re right. Because of Ndidi’s improved ball playing technique and passes he will do well as b2b midfielder is Onyeka isn’t available

In a situation like this I will prefer onyedika as Dm, Onyeka as CM/b2b and iwobi as AM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:42pm On Mar 26
ChrisKels:

What he needs now is a stable ground to develop his talent not being thrown from one ground to another in the name of loan. That was what nearly destroyed Awoniyi’s talent. When Awoniyi was parading himself as a Liverpool player moving from one loan to another, I wrote to him directly under Oma Akatigba tweet that he needed to leave Liverpool to be counted and Awoniyi himself gave that a thumbs up, next window he severed ties with Liverpool and the rest is history. Omeruo ruined his talent joining Chelsea, same as the Nwakali brothers. You don’t go to England as an untested player. Once you are bought with intention to loan you out, forget it.
bro let’s tell ourselves the truth was omeruo good enough to make chelsea first team then?

If he was good enough atleast mid table clubs from top leagues would hv signed him from Chelsea when it was clear that they do not rate him

Also spending half of his career in turkey didn’t do him any good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:44pm On Mar 26
komekn:

Personally I would not say so.

First of all Chekswihwve arguably the best academy in England. And have a conveyor belt of top potential top level players.

Secondly, Chelsea are notorious for signing potential talent from abroad and then loaning them out with no intent to play in the first team.

Good example Omeruo, was never good enough for Chelsea and in occasion had the then captain of Nigeria training with the U18 team.

I would have preferred him to go to a team in Belgium, educate develop and then hopefully progress into first team football.

Big clubs have cut short many a promising players trajectory.

Strasbourg is speculation not guaranteed first team football ⚽. I am assuming he is U18.
and since he didn’t get any interest from begium he should remain with Ojodu united?

Mk we free the boy and pray he makes something out of this opportunity that chelsea is on the verge of handing to him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:47pm On Mar 26
charlesemeka85:
instead of Amuneke Mk dem give current Enugu Rangers coach the job 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dis guy Dey really frustrate TheGoodjoe and amuneke hopefuls 😂😂😂.

But u shld av mentioned me 😏

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:50pm On Mar 26
elyte89:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 4:54pm On Mar 26
elyte89:

Na wotowoto you just dey give people wey dey support Amuneke and Nwakali.
Both have same thing in common sha -Stagnancy (abi na retrogression sef)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:56pm On Mar 26
Amedino99:
if you have to put real in his name then he is not the real one. Just like when you say Ronaldo, nobody thinks about the fat guy.

You just glazing brother.
By your logic that real slim shady rapper must be an impostor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:58pm On Mar 26
Okay! We shall see! He was his assistant yet threw him under the bus!
TheGoodJoe:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:09pm On Mar 26
Vodkka:

All-round, as long as football is concerned, CR7 is always better

If u talking about all-round football now and not just about goals, then greats like
Maradona,Pele,Zidan,R9,Messi even Dinho are actually better than him(CR7)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:11pm On Mar 26
Marjoribanks:
Okay! We shall see! He was his assistant yet threw him under the bus!
Sir, could you shed more halogen on how Eguavoen threw Amuneke under the bus? I really am trying to learn.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26
Amedino99:
when people say Ronaldo vs Messi we know the Ronaldo they are talking about. When people talk about Ronaldo in any capacity, we know it's the 5 ballon dor, 800+ goals, 5 UCL winning Ronaldo that usually comes to mind. Calling him the fat Ronaldo isn't diminishing his legacy. It's just to differentiate between the two.
in any capacity?
how about world conquest capacity like winning the world cup?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:14pm On Mar 26
charlesemeka85:
bro let’s tell ourselves the truth was omeruo good enough to make chelsea first team then?

If he was good enough atleast mid table clubs from top leagues would hv signed him from Chelsea when it was clear that they do not rate him

Also spending half of his career in turkey didn’t do him any good

Now, that is the point. Omeruo was not needed at Chelsea as part of the project but as a loan army/market. This boy too isn't needed at Chelsea as part of the project. This boy's move is same as Omeruo's and that is more reason the move doesn't make sense.

If Omerou had stayed at Standard Liege during his formative years instead of jumping ship to Chelsea where he was turned to a loan project, he would have had a more better development and accomplishment because he had the talent. Same mistake is what this boy is trying to make. This guy isn't a pro yet, so at this stage of his career what he needs is permanent home to develop his talent.

Much is expected off a player on loan by the club, and not enough opportunity is given to a player on loan than the player owned by the club itself. If Strasbourg has a player 95% as good as this boy in this boy's position, do you know they would play their player and leave this boy to rot because this boy is in their club on loan?

It was this loan thing that destroyed talents like Van Ginkel, Gael Kakuta etc. The only one that got away was KDB and we all know why.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:17pm On Mar 26
charlesemeka85:
you re right. Because of Ndidi’s improved ball playing technique and passes he will do well as b2b midfielder is Onyeka isn’t available

In a situation like this I will prefer onyedika as Dm, Onyeka as CM/b2b and iwobi as AM

What is your point exactly or don't you know Onyeka isn't available?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:18pm On Mar 26
Ojo should start the Mali match

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:21pm On Mar 26
Samueltemi337:
Ojo should start the Mali match

Lol 🤣😂🤣😂

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:21pm On Mar 26
ChrisKels:

What is your point exactly or don't you know Onyeka isn't available?
my point is that ndidi can’t function as an AM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26
ChrisKels:

Lol 🤣😂🤣😂
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:23pm On Mar 26
charlesemeka85:
my point is that ndidi can’t function as an AM

Did anybody ever ask for him to be played as an AM?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:28pm On Mar 26
AndSunGorilla:

Sir, could you shed more halogen on how Eguavoen threw Amuneke under the bus? I really am trying to learn.
Amuneke threw Equaveon under the bus after the draws with Ghana or was he not his Assistant then? If Finidi is enjoying Paserio's hardwork why should Amuneke be exonerated from our non qualification to Qatar?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26
Icon79:
You dey mind. People who don't understand football think that Cristiano Ronaldo, a man that would never score a world cup knockout stages goal in his life better than the two times world cup winner and the greatest striker ever lived! Blame it on the media hype. The folks who understand football don't even count Cristiano on their top 5 list.

O pari

Is only those who did not watch him play will talk crab about him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 5:30pm On Mar 26
[quote author=typicalgamer post=129119726][/quote]

Is Amunike not also a former player

(1) (2) (3) ... (16019) (16020) (16021) (16022) (16023) (16024) (16025) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), mummyson26(m), Sainty92 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.