Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16021) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11619243 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16018) (16019) (16020) (16021) (16022) (16023) (16024) ... (16133) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:08am On Mar 26
Kog45:
Oga ChrisKels Wetin happen Komekn no allowed you sleep last night ni 😄

I saw him in Peckham, waved at him and the werey snubbed me 😌

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:12am On Mar 26
zicky:
You make it seems because Afcon was increased to 24teams that's why he could qualify them, but they are now telling you that several teams that qualify when it was 16team still find it hard to qualify now. Please give the guy him flower weather 24teams or 16teams he qualify for their first Afcon after 32yrs. Weather he has done enough to be picked as SE coach is a different thing all together.
What other teams couldn't do has nothing to do with Tanzania. That's a red herring.

Qualifying as runners up is the evidence we are drawing inference from. In just 3yrs of the 24-team format, they have qualified twice [as group runner up]

This thing no deep. Like I've said before now, I don't have an opinion on Amuneke. Where I'm coming from has nothing to do belittling his work
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:16am On Mar 26
ChrisKels:
I saw the goal Ndidi scored in their last match and I was shocked

Can a midfied of Ndidi CM, Iwobi AM and Onyedika DM work?

I once proposed this midfield of Dinho as DM, Ndidi CM and Iwobi AM. With Onyeka gone now, it would be interesting to see how Dinho does alongside Ndidi against Mali.

Or Ndidi DM, Dinho CM and Iwobi AM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:16am On Mar 26
zicky:
Amuneke was not the only indigenous coach that applied for the job, so why do you feel the post was because of Amuneke. You might also say Egbo lobbying hard 😉
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:21am On Mar 26
dijon:
Basco...what a player Suleiman is! That chap needs to be in the Super Eagles....i dont want shylock agent or Nff official to parade him as an under 17,20 or 23 player please. That boy is a SE material.
Can you pls do more documentary on him for us. Wahali am am flabbergasted we have such a fantastic player that has the technique, style and can use both feet very well in the Nigeria league.
Has the standard of SE fallen so low? I am seeing a player with serious room for improvement.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29am On Mar 26
M7even:

They were 16 teams for the large part and they stood no chance. At some point Nigeria was struggling under the 16 team format, though in-between that format where we failed to qualify, we came back to win the next one only for us to fail to qualify after that. The thin margin between African big teams and small teams was becoming blurry. The need to expand it to 24 teams in 2019 saw us come 3rd. Prior to that we did not qualify for 2015 which Ivory Coast won and 2017 which Cameroun won. In 2013 as well, Cameroun did not qualify. We won in 2013. But we failed to qualify in 2012 where Zambia won. If we had continued with the 16 team method, I dare say it will be difficult for us how much more Tanzania.

I agree, thank you for the enlightenment.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:32am On Mar 26
humility33:

Amunike is the most desperate amongst them

Can you explain what you mean? Tell us something we do not know. Or, you are just making a false statement about him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:32am On Mar 26
So, we're playing the Malians today.
I dreamt we scored 2–0 but won 1–0. Dreams dey funny at times.
I just know that if we play well with passion and purpose, plus if the coach play his tactical game well, and with a little help from MohBad, we will win this game well.

Let's go Eagles 🦅

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:52am On Mar 26
humility33:

He told you this himself?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:19am On Mar 26
humility33:

Humility , u can’t proof dis 😊
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:28am On Mar 26
The real Victor. Not that other Victor.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:40am On Mar 26
ChrisKels:
When the owner of this site upgrades the site, I would suggest he adds much features such as the mute or block options, also the “private profile” option where a moniker will have the ability to restrict those who can view his posts.

If such options are made available, people like Komekn and many others who come here to cause confusion would be gone from my list. That will also help the case of CharlesEmeka and TheGoodJoe
mad man 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:23am On Mar 26
TheLoneCitizen:
The real Victor. Not that other Victor.
if you have to put real in his name then he is not the real one. Just like when you say Ronaldo, nobody thinks about the fat guy.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 11:51am On Mar 26
Amedino99:
if you have to put real in his name then he is not the real one. Just like when you say Ronaldo, nobody thinks about the fat guy.
You dey mind am?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:02pm On Mar 26
Mikel Obi 2.0

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:08pm On Mar 26
TheLoneCitizen:
Mikel Obi 2.0

A very wrong move

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:33pm On Mar 26
ChrisKels:

A very wrong move

Glimt historically not a good developmental club.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:46pm On Mar 26
TheLoneCitizen:

I don’t really knw why many re tagging the boy’s potential move to chelsea as bad

If he gets the move and performs on loan in Ligue one definitely he may stand a chance been recalled by chelsea or at worst sold to another top 5 league side in europe where he will continue with his career
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:49pm On Mar 26
charlesemeka85:
this is good

Personally I would not say so.

First of all Chelsea arguably have the best academy in England. And have a conveyor belt of top potential top level players.

Secondly, Chelsea are notorious for signing potential talent from abroad and then loaning them out with no intent to play in the first team.

Good example Omeruo, was never good enough for Chelsea and in occasion had the then captain of Nigeria training with the U18 team.

I would have preferred him to go to a team in Belgium, educate develop and then hopefully progress into first team football.

Big clubs have cut short many a promising players trajectory.

Strasbourg is speculation not guaranteed first team football ⚽. I am assuming he is U18.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 12:50pm On Mar 26
Breaking
Super Eagles coach already decided

Victor Ikpeba, speaking on Monday Night Football, said: “I am happy with what Finidi is doing with the Super Eagles. I am in the system and I know what he’s doing. Don’t forget that I am in the committee set up to do the right thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:53pm On Mar 26
charlesemeka85:
I don’t really knw why many re tagging the boy’s potential move to chelsea as bad

If he gets the move and performs on loan in Ligue one definitely he may stand a chance been recalled by chelsea or at worst sold to another top 5 league side in europe where he will continue with his career

Lukaku was outstanding in several EPL clubd but never got a chance in Chelsea.

If I am right he is U18 and he has a huge amount to learn about top level football ⚽. That you will not learn from local football academy in Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:06pm On Mar 26
TheLoneCitizen:

If they were signing him directly to Strasbourg as a Strasbourg player, that is fantastic, but signing him as a Chelsea player on loan to Strasbourg at this early stage of his career where he needs stability in order to develop his talent, it is a big wrong move. Another Omeruo, than Mikel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 1:13pm On Mar 26
TheLoneCitizen:
Mikel Obi 2.0

Not even, Mikel has two offers on the table, this chap had an offer and a trial and he chose the trial

Onuku
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:13pm On Mar 26
charlesemeka85:

What he needs now is a stable ground to develop his talent not being thrown from one ground to another in the name of loan. That was what nearly destroyed Awoniyi’s talent. When Awoniyi was parading himself as a Liverpool player moving from one loan to another, I wrote to him directly under Oma Akatigba tweet that he needed to leave Liverpool to be counted and Awoniyi himself gave that a thumbs up, next window he severed ties with Liverpool and the rest is history. Omeruo ruined his talent joining Chelsea, same as the Nwakali brothers. You don’t go to England as an untested player. Once you are bought with intention to loan you out, forget it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:14pm On Mar 26
Subzerooo:

Not even, Mikel has two offers on the table, this chap had an offer and a trial and he chose the trial

Onuku

Ezigbote onuku
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26
Amedino99:
you can call arguably the greatest striker of all time fat guy just because he is now retired.
R9 is actually the real Ronaldo.
when he was still playing,when u mention Ronaldo,no one thinks about the swaggering one.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Vodkka(m): 2:36pm On Mar 26
Napoleon55:

you can call arguably the greatest striker of all time fat guy just because he is now retired.
when he was still playing,when u mention Ronaldo,no one thinks about the swaggering one.

All-round, as long as football is concerned, CR7 is always better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:43pm On Mar 26
You dey mind. People who don't understand football think that Cristiano Ronaldo, a man that would never score a world cup knockout stages goal in his life better than the two times world cup winner and the greatest striker ever lived! Blame it on the media hype. The folks who understand football don't even count Cristiano on their top 5 list.

O pari

Napoleon55:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 2:50pm On Mar 26
Vodkka:

All-round, as long as football is concerned, CR7 is always better

Correct

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 3:06pm On Mar 26
robosky02:
Breaking
Super Eagles coach already decided

Victor Ikpeba, speaking on Monday Night Football, said: “I am happy with what Finidi is doing with the Super Eagles. I am in the system and I know what he’s doing. Don’t forget that I am in the committee set up to do the right thing.
Simple and short, all them ex players in that tech team will root for Finidi. If he plays well and wins Mali. Him don land the Job be that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 3:07pm On Mar 26
Napoleon55:

when people say Ronaldo vs Messi we know the Ronaldo they are talking about. When people talk about Ronaldo in any capacity, we know it's the 5 ballon dor, 800+ goals, 5 UCL winning Ronaldo that usually comes to mind. Calling him the fat Ronaldo isn't diminishing his legacy. It's just to differentiate between the two.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:24pm On Mar 26
ChrisKels:

I once proposed this midfield of Dinho as DM, Ndidi CM and Iwobi AM. With Onyeka gone now, it would be interesting to see how Dinho does alongside Ndidi against Mali.

Or Ndidi DM, Dinho CM and Iwobi AM

Ndidi has no qualities of a CM don’t send our midfield 10 years back into the past

There’s sparks ⚡️ here and there from him doesn’t make him a CM

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16018) (16019) (16020) (16021) (16022) (16023) (16024) ... (16133) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: daveP(m), Meliforme, zicky(m), Samueldodo781(m), Danielnino00(m), Friday03, stulp16, Kog45(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.