Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,816 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11670259 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16063) (16064) (16065) (16066) (16067) (16068) (16069) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 1:11am On Apr 10
Boniface Issa fuu! grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:12am On Apr 10
elunico:
Boniface Issa fuu! grin
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:12am On Apr 10
Morocco decided to give Zambia the ticket cos what are those misses!

Super Falcons almost did same in Abuja. Missing sitters upon sitters. This Super Falcon team is super complete. The midfield alone is fire-- (Ayinde, Abiodun, Echejini, Payne, and Uchiebe). Okereke played the Ashley's role exceptionally well.
It is scary to think we almost demolish the African Champion with a makeshift defense over two legs.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:12am On Apr 10
I think the Zambians were good value for their victory. They were better overall. I knew the Moroccans will struggle with the Zambians' physicality and pace a second time.
Zambia boasts the two most expensive women footballers on the planet today, and they stepped up big time especially Barbra Banda even though the issue of her being a trans dey but don't wanna touch that angle.

The Moroccan girls gave as good as they got but I really think they got lucky against Zambia away from home. Zambia were always the better side.

Marjoribanks:

Super Falcons almost did same in Abuja. Missing sitters upon sitters. This Super Falcon team is super complete. The midfield alone is fire-- (Ayinde, Abiodun, Echejini, Payne, and Uchiebe). Okereke played the Ashley's role exceptionally well.
It is scary to think we almost demolish the African Champion with a makeshift defense over two legs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:19am On Apr 10
As for the Super Falcons, you are spot on. That midfield of ours is the best and the strongest on the continent hands down. And one of the best in the world. The most complete.

Even Ucheibe herself had to play CB over the two legs to enable us cope with the absence of two defensive starters in Blessing Demehin and Ashleigh Plumptre.

We fielded a Makeshift CB pair and shut out the reigning African Champs. Chidinma Okeke too returned and deputised superbly for Ashley at LB over the two legs and showed why she was indeed one of Africa's rising defensive stars back at the 2019 WWC as an 18 Yr old. She is 23 now.

The Super Falcons has mad depth and I am sure the next Awcon/Wafcon is ours.

The Olympics will be interesting. Just like the WWC group stage, I expect the Girls to pull their weight strongly against Spain, Brazil and Japan. We will be there.✅️⏳️

Marjoribanks:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:49am On Apr 10
Odunayaw:
E no need make you quote me sir

Na man you be,
how today go be na, na salah meat dey my mind oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 7:29am On Apr 10
Marjoribanks:

that echiegini is a baller. What a player. She dey give this Iwobi vibes on the ball. Crisp passes

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:47am On Apr 10
Eid Mubarak to all Muslims folks in d house..(TaqabaAllahu Mina wa min kum)
From ur incoming super eagles 🦅 coach

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:49am On Apr 10
do4luv14:

Na man you be,

how today go be na, na salah meat dey my mind oooo
I come de the southsouth for a while now. No hope of meat embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:51am On Apr 10
hatakekakashi:

Falcons hardly play good football and most of us know this. SE is also like that, but they play quality football sometimes. What makes Falcons better than other teams in Africa is our depth and caliber of players that we parade in comparison to other African teams.
I wasn't pleased that they played tension football yesterday. It was like the idea was to kick the ball away from their half. Even the structure of the team was disjointed, players lingering in positions that is unexplainable to the football eye.

Anyway I hope they come to the party like they did at the WC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:16am On Apr 10
Odunayaw:
I come de the southsouth for a while now. No hope of meat embarassed

I just see Small one chop joint for house this morning sef, before I go return, dem fit finish everything sef,

chaii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 9:18am On Apr 10
Odunayaw:
I wasn't pleased that they played tension football yesterday. It was like the idea was to kick the ball away from their half. Even the structure of the team was disjointed, players lingering in positions that is unexplainable to the football eye.

Anyway I hope they come to the party like they did at the WC

The goal was to obtain the ticket.....and this they achieved. Every other thing was secondary.

There'll be time to finetune tactics and improve gameplay ahead of the Olympics.

Randy Waldrum and the girls have done well and I know they'll raise their game and play better football at the olympics.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:25am On Apr 10
mrwilliams9:

The defending from Monza is not good, yes, but VO’s leap and accurate header as still great. Let’s give credit where it’s due.

Have you tried picking up a suitcase you assumed to be heavy only to find it's empty,it will almost cause you to fall over.

VO attacks the ball with a big aggressive leap anticipating a shoulder challenge , but he barged thin air defender the no. 4 was static no challenge, nothing, it almost caused VO a very serious injury.

The jump 🦘 is accentuated by the defender standing and doing nothing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:38am On Apr 10
comodo:

Abeg no vex. Every time u just got back from this tourney or the other youth tourney. D thing don dey look one kind. Abeg which tourney did RM U15 team win.?? It no get name? Dey try give us name make we too dey follow up.

https://www.instagram.com/eastmallorcacup/?hl=en

https://eastmallorcacup.com/#/man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqFzb8LxANM?si=g9-H2x91nfMwVadR

The pictures below are from when Marcello clattered into the goalkeeper and defender and essentially knocked them out.

I have already spoken about Marcello son Dude seems ready for first team football ⚽ already. He is physically imposing very strong good touch and a good eye 👁️ for goal.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 9:41am On Apr 10
komekn:

Have you tried picking up a suitcase you assumed to be heavy only to find it's empty,it will almost cause you to fall over.

VO attacks the ball with a big aggressive leap anticipating a shoulder challenge , but he barged thin air defender the no. 4 was static no challenge, nothing, it almost caused VO a very serious injury.

The jump 🦘 is accentuated by the defender standing and doing nothing.

hahahahaha a. Another big reason you never played the game. Baba stop exposing your self nah. I don dey shame for you.na wa ooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:59am On Apr 10
semid4lyfe:

The goal was to obtain the ticket.....and this they achieved. Every other thing was secondary.

There'll be time to finetune tactics and improve gameplay ahead of the Olympics.

Randy Waldrum and the girls have done well and I know they'll raise their game and play better football at the olympics.
We played well in the first half so I am sure it is not a pipe dream to play well at the Olympics

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:12pm On Apr 10
TheSuperNerd:

.....with haram route one football philosophy.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hezzabollah football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PNomsule: 1:15pm On Apr 10
What does it mean by "I was so good they named me twice"? Sounds dumb actually
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:02pm On Apr 10
PNomsule:
What does it mean by "I was so good they named me twice"? Sounds dumb actually
With due respect, we all know what sounds more dumb.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:48pm On Apr 10
komekn:

https://www.instagram.com/eastmallorcacup/?hl=en

https://eastmallorcacup.com/#/man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqFzb8LxANM?si=g9-H2x91nfMwVadR

The pictures below are from when Marcello clattered into the goalkeeper and defender and essentially knocked them out.

I have already spoken about Marcello son Dude seems ready for first team football already. He is physically imposing very strong good touch and a good eye for goal.
They asked you for the name of the tourney FFS.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PNomsule: 4:24pm On Apr 10
mostob:
With due respect, we all know what sounds more dumb.

You mean u took out time to respond only to sound empty, huh?! 😄
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:26pm On Apr 10
typicalgamer:

The sad truth is Frank oyenka is our undisputed CDM not even ndidi Dan touch him

Ndidi is riding on past glory

What Onyenka did for us during afcon I’ll love him forever and ever
Onyeka was absolutely incredible. I forever salute Frank the tank

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:41pm On Apr 10
AndSunGorilla:

Nit completzky a new idea. Remember we had teams like Leventis, Iwuyanwu, Eagle Cement, Julius Berger, Nigerdock, Ranchers Bees, BCC Lions, Udoji Utd, abiola Babes, Femo.Scorpions, Katsina Utd, Gabros, Jasper, Ubah FC, Mobil Pegasus etc which were all privately owned but where are they now?
During military era. Economic structure is different now. See the banks now versus then. See telecoms now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:50pm On Apr 10
TheGoodJoe:

I will like Osimhen to work with Enrique due to his offensive style of play (Taka). However, PSG coaching department is so unstable that I won't want Osimhen caught in the crossfire of their incessant sacking.

Arteta has not fully convinced me but he looks tactically sound and I believe he can improve Osimhen.

I agree with a move to Arsenal.
You say taka? Osimhen cannot thrive in tiki taka abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:55pm On Apr 10
Xabi Alonso on the squad (esp Boniface) ahead of UEL Quarter finals 1st leg vs West Ham on Thursday

"Just Adam Hlozek is injured from the weekend. Matej will play in goal. Boniface is fully fit to play, so he could be used from the start tomorrow."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 4:57pm On Apr 10
TheSuperNerd:

.....with haram route one football philosophy.
omeruo to osimhen ball? Gimme elyte ball jor. Konida fun ball retention
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10
Victor Boniface X Nathan Tella

The Leverkusen Super Eagles looking forward to the Europa League Quarter finals vs West Ham.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10
Mujtahida:

You say taka? Osimhen cannot thrive in tiki taka abeg
haaland is thriving in man city with passing being one of his main weakness. They should just be feeding him ball on time like an infant being fed pap he will be alright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:03pm On Apr 10
Mujtahida:

During military era. Economic structure is different now. See the banks now versus then. See telecoms now.
In the civiian era, we have had Gabros, Jasper Utd, Giwa FC, Ubah FC, MFM, Ikorodu Utd, COD as well. Then.there was that club I think in.Akwa Ibom or Cross Rivers whose name starts with a V that flattered to deceive.

One private club that stands heads and shoulders above the rest is Remo, we cant even compare Sporting Lagos to them yet?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:19pm On Apr 10
AndSunGorilla:

In the civiian era, we have had Gabros, Jasper Utd, Giwa FC, Ubah FC, MFM, Ikorodu Utd, COD as well. Then.there was that club I think in.Akwa Ibom or Cross Rivers whose name starts with a V that flattered to deceive.

One private club that stands heads and shoulders above the rest is Remo, we cant even compare Sporting Lagos to them yet?
Na Vandrezzer. While people may pile on them I rather think that's how things should be.

If football is business it is sink or swim. Many of the govt owned clubs ought to have sank by now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 6:07pm On Apr 10
Mujtahida:

Onyeka was absolutely incredible. I forever salute Frank the tank

Oyenka exceeded expectations broke it exceeded it again he set the bar stupidly high and right now it looks like ndidi is playing catch-up lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (16063) (16064) (16065) (16066) (16067) (16068) (16069) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, Mujtahida, ThanosKilla(m), do4luv14(m), comodo, 10cedes, Meliforme and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.