Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11687137 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16101) (16102) (16103) (16104) (16105) (16106) (16107) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:59am On Apr 21
TheGoodJoe:

Stop spreading falsehood. The criticism has nothing to do with tribe but approach. You have not supported Manu Garba more than many here. Are you okay with the NFF picking a team for Manu Garba? Is that how he worked to pick Iheanacho and co.?

One of my best coaches in the history of Nigeria is Musa Abdulahi. So stop spreading it. I hate tribalism in football.
Dey deceive yourself!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:15pm On Apr 21
Marjoribanks:
Amuneke did open screening? Lol! I need evidence! It's not an open secret that Nwakali etc were selected based on recommendation and compensation. He only gave tryout to the players recommended to him just like Manu is doing.

Osimhen was discovered in an open screening. That is enough evidence for you.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:21pm On Apr 21
TheGoodJoe:

Osimhen was discovered in an open screening. That is enough evidence for you.
Osimhen was part of those recommended and he gave a tryout to them. Simple! Many players were recommended and he gave a tryout to select the best among them just like Manu is doing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21
Marjoribanks:
Osimhen was part of those recommended and he gave a tryout to them. Simple! Many players were recommended and he gave a tryout to select the best among them just like Manu is doing.

Osimhen himself explained that it was open screening. He came with his friend the first day and there was no room for them to tryout. That the next day his friend refuse to show for the screening while he went for it and he got picked.

2013 and 2015 were open screening. Osimhen did not come on recommendation.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:50pm On Apr 21
Marjoribanks:

More than 4000 talented players from all over the country thronged the pitch of the FIFA Goal Project in Abuja, Nigeria’s political capital, looking for a chance to make it into the team.

Amuneke found a way to see many of them play. He would group the boys into teams with a 30-minute time limit.

It was when Osimhen first came on his radar. The young lad was brought from Lagos by his first agent,

https://soccernet.ng/2023/02/the-15-minutes-that-handed-victor-osimhen-a-life-changing-opportunity.html

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 12:54pm On Apr 21
Amedino99:
not sure. It's expected that amunike will be the one but I've checked all their social media and nothing is there. Even checked the NFF website but the last news there was on the 18th. Even adepoju tobi that usually drops NFF news is silent. It's only a matter of days.

https://guardian.ng/sport/nff-to-unveil-super-eagles-coach-next-week/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:04pm On Apr 21
Funny enough, Gervonta is the only guy to have inflicted Garcia's only Pro defeat.
Garcia's win over "The Dream" Haney really cause ripples but the lad is no slouch. Top fight with 3 Knock downs all by Garcia.

Blueelf:
Garcia beat haney like small pikin

Sorry to derail guys but I didn't see this coming guys

Like bascovanveli thesupernerd. Una see am

As in I couldn't have expected that in a thousand years , garcia would touch hanry

Means we have been overeating devil Haney for a long time

This also means that gervonta is too much for that division and he should move up

Hopefully,that gives haney some humility.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:07pm On Apr 21
Goke7:
is it true Amunike has been officially announced?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:17pm On Apr 21
opes:

https://guardian.ng/sport/nff-to-unveil-super-eagles-coach-next-week/
knows all the players available....
Experienced gaffer........
Tilts more to a local coach. Knowing all the players available points to finidi but then they can still change it. Every speculation will end this coming week so let's wait and see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:27pm On Apr 21
Sugarboyy:

The ball touched his body first before touching his hand and the incident wasn't as severed as this pic. I watched it

Which body first? If it touched him last why was Corner not given?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:29pm On Apr 21
Aina starts for Forrest against Everton

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:36pm On Apr 21
TheGoodJoe:

More than 4000 talented players from all over the country thronged the pitch of the FIFA Goal Project in Abuja, Nigeria’s political capital, looking for a chance to make it into the team.

Amuneke found a way to see many of them play. He would group the boys into teams with a 30-minute time limit.

It was when Osimhen first came on his radar. The young lad was brought from Lagos by his first agent,

https://soccernet.ng/2023/02/the-15-minutes-that-handed-victor-osimhen-a-life-changing-opportunity.html
I was wrong! You're absolutely correct. Now I get your point!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:39pm On Apr 21
Marjoribanks:
This has been my argument! Once the name is Garba/Abdul... etc., he is not qualified. Mind you, their Amuneke was an understudy to this same man oo but that doesn't stop people like him from discrediting Manu!
Don't mind him

So far with Nigeria Manu has the better credentials
Anyway I wish their Amunike the best
At last he finally got the job all of them have been lobbying for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 1:41pm On Apr 21
Amedino99:
knows all the players available....
Experienced gaffer........
Tilts more to a local coach. Knowing all the players available points to finidi but then they can still change it. Every speculation will end this coming week so let's wait and see.

Definitely local coach. He also spoke of financial challenges the association is facing and increase in exchange rate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:42pm On Apr 21
opes:

Funny enough majority of them didnt have even 50 caps with the team. Super eagles is for us all. I wish the new coach best of luck.
They see it as their entitlement the Christian chukwu set were not like this even the 2013 winning set have been all calm

This 1994 set act as if they won the world cup

Bunch of mediocre coaches

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:45pm On Apr 21
opes:

Definitely local coach. He also spoke of financial challenges the association is facing and increase in exchange rate.
Even when it comes to local coach
I will pick Manu Garba to coach the super eagles over Amunike

He successfully managed under 17 and under 20 and even an NPFL side

The other one had a failed career in Zambian and Egyptian league and under 20

We are not telling ourselves truth in this country

The under 20 job too I don't know how Ladan Bosso merit that job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:45pm On Apr 21
elyte89:

They dare not 😏😏😏😏😏
Go to court 🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 1:48pm On Apr 21
forgiveness:

Which body first? If it touched him last why was Corner not given?
that was my thought also
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:48pm On Apr 21
TheSuperNerd:
Biffo is Golden Eaglets 1st assistant coach
*Olumide Ajibolade is 2nd assistant coach

Newly appointed coach of NPFL side Sporting Lagos, Abdullahi Biffo, has been named as the first assistant coach of the Golden Eaglets.

The former Katsina United and Kwara United coach is a resident of the United States of America, where he has bagged several coaching badges.

Biffo also applied to be the head coach of the national U17s.

Beyond Limits Football Academy coach Olumide Ajibolade is the Eaglets second assistant coach.

Source: Score Nigeria

I think Ladan Bosso need all this brainy assistant more because that man know nothing about football tactics with his lopsided team selection
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 1:51pm On Apr 21
So Amunike is now our head coach!!
"So help us God".
The good Joe and the supernerd, mission accomplished

Anyways success to him and Nigeria as a whole 🙏

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:52pm On Apr 21
Epl club Westham among clubs interested in super eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 1:57pm On Apr 21
comodo:
Whenever you see the NFF Tech committee in slow mo to appoint a coach, just know that they want that coach to fail. They will end up appointing d said coach few weeks to a crucial game. Most times, the indigenous coaches suffers such. So we all should wait for it. Another indigenous coach is coming for SE. Those idiats will rather sacrifice our world cup than see a home grown coach succeed. So guys all the best of luck to who will get the mantle. Also best of luck to Manu Garba. It no go easy for them.
hmmm, starting to make sense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:58pm On Apr 21
Emmy450:
"So help us God".

I been think say the north Dey agitate say na their turn to provide next super eagles coach?

Abi Amuneke’s group lobbied more? 🤦‍♀️
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:00pm On Apr 21
comodo:
Whenever you see the NFF Tech committee in slow mo to appoint a coach, just know that they want that coach to fail. They will end up appointing d said coach few weeks to a crucial game. Most times, the indigenous coaches suffers such. So we all should wait for it. Another indigenous coach is coming for SE. Those idiats will rather sacrifice our world cup than see a home grown coach succeed. So guys all the best of luck to who will get the mantle. Also best of luck to Manu Garba. It no go easy for them.
any coach that takes over and fails to qualify the team for the world should bear the brunt

Wen em see dem why employ few months to an important World Cup qualifying match wetin mk am no decline the offer?😏

Why take up a job u know ur employer is working hard to see u fail?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 2:01pm On Apr 21
humility33:

Even when it comes to local coach
I will pick Manu Garba to coach the super eagles over Amunike

He successfully managed under 17 and under 20 and even an NPFL side

The other one had a failed career in Zambian and Egyptian league and ordunder 20

We are not telling ourselves truth in this country

The under 20 job too I don't know how Ladan Bosso merit that job

He is never my choice, his record as a coach is very poor, but am a big fan of Super Eagles, so i pray He succeed.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 2:01pm On Apr 21
Philosopher1979:

Players like Olisah ndah and ibrahim olawoyin might be better than some of these top 5 league players but people will not agree.
The scouting system is not always perfect.
olisah ndah to be precise.. love that player, so sleek on the ball, good baller
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21
Chidera Ejuke scores!!! A brilliant goal.

Puts Royal Antwerp 1-0 up away at Cercle Brugges.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21
Emmy450:
"So help us God".

I pray and hope it ends well 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:03pm On Apr 21
Philosopher1979:

Players like Olisah ndah and ibrahim olawoyin might be better than some of these top 5 league players but people will not agree.
The scouting system is not always perfect.
that Rizespor guy sabi play ball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:03pm On Apr 21
Blueelf:
Garcia beat haney like small pikin

Sorry to derail guys but I didn't see this coming guys

Like bascovanveli thesupernerd. Una see am

As in I couldn't have expected that in a thousand years , garcia would touch hanry

Means we have been overeating devil Haney for a long time

This also means that gervonta is too much for that division and he should move up

Hopefully,that gives haney some humility.

Haney doesn't have power na. I kind of expected it cos outside of the blatant mistakes Garcia did ok vs Tank. Plus his power makes anybody think twice. I think this just proves that Tank Davis is clearly on top of the mountain. Cos he would murder Devin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:06pm On Apr 21
So finally we will get to see super play barca style of football🤩🤩🤩

I can’t wait 😊😊😊

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 2:06pm On Apr 21
charlesemeka85:
I been think say the north Dey agitate say na their turn to provide next super eagles coach?

Abi Amuneke’s group lobbied more? 🤦‍♀️
🤣🤣🤣, those were political statement, football is no respecter of tribe oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (16101) (16102) (16103) (16104) (16105) (16106) (16107) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.