Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11660732 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16099) (16100) (16101) (16102) (16103) (16104) (16105) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:40pm On Apr 20
superbloke:

From reports by Colin Udoh I think, the nff had submitted the application and passports long before. The tournament was to start on the 10th and as at 8th, the visa had still not been granted. The embassy were just being clever and telling half truths. It is not the first time the spanish embassy will be denying either players or journalists visas for official tournaments and programs. The nff decided there was no point and they needed the passports for other things so decided to withdraw the passports.

I've seen a lot of conjecture on this thread, assuming and concluding either without any evidence or with unsubstantiated proof. These are things that form opinions and biases that may not necessarily be true. It's hard for any change to happen when we have biases that tell us change is not possible.

Thanks for the clarification. Las Las someone is lying. I hope we get the full truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20
mostob:
Did you even consider the time factor before going on 'rampage'?

Like we have a tourney soon and you want him to throw open the screening exercise. You should blame the incompetent people rather than Manu.

Where did you see me blame Manu? I don't buy the tale. I strictly pointed out that the squad was selected before his appointment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:43pm On Apr 20
jihday:
get out from here!! Terrible human being, you’ll believe oyinbo over your own people, eeyan jatijati

Good human being. Thanks for the clarification. However, how do you want me to read your post if you start by telling me to get out. You can make your clarification without abuse. Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 4:11pm On Apr 20
Victor Osimhen starts for Napoli against Empoli

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 4:12pm On Apr 20
Frank Onyeka on the bench for Brentford
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 4:15pm On Apr 20
Paul Onuachu on the bench for Trabzonspor

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:16pm On Apr 20
Nigerian Midfielders in the Championship today

Wilfred Ndidi scored a goal to help Leicester win 2-1 vs West Brom. They are back on top of the league.

Joe Aribo scores as Southampton currently leads 1-0 away at Cardiff. Southampton still in the race to grab either an automatic promotion ticket or a ticket to the promotion Playoffs.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:19pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:

Are you saying they don't have calendar or know the date to do things at the right time. They had the time to scout, select, screen, but did not have time to appoint a coach to do it the right way. Please.
Good. If you know this, why drag Many Garba into this? It is not his fault.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femicyrus(m): 4:25pm On Apr 20
Nff seemed not serious about the head coach of the eagles till date with world cup qualifiers about few weeks from now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:45pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:

Are you saying they don't have calendar or know the date to do things at the right time. They had the time to scout, select, screen, but did not have time to appoint a coach to do it the right way. Please.

The excuse too poor e no warrant a reply lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:45pm On Apr 20
forgiveness:

Baba, so you too know this thing but you come dey pretend. Ko da naa!!. grin
I Dey pull your legs baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:59pm On Apr 20
Kog45:
I Dey pull your legs baba

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:04pm On Apr 20
mostob:
Good. If you know this, why drag Many Garba into this? It is not his fault.

Manu Garba said it will be difficult to replace the midfielders already in the team. How can he said that when he has not screened or seen others? Oya answer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:06pm On Apr 20
femicyrus:
Nff seemed not serious about the head coach of the eagles till date with world cup qualifiers about few weeks from now.

Maybe the invisible coach of NFF is selecting and MRI screening players for the next Super Eagles match.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:18pm On Apr 20
This Napoli no be am at all, 4th mins, they had conceal already, chaii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:18pm On Apr 20
While some are preparing for open trails, others have finished MRI screening. All I can say is FOLLOW WHO KNOWS ROAD. 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:29pm On Apr 20
elyte89:

No still very much in d race…na my inner contacts to pull d plug Dey disappoint me @majoribanks 😀
Marjoribanks please use your connect to help our man. He's an advocate of Yori Yori football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 5:31pm On Apr 20
This is the worst defense of a title that I've ever witnessed. Napoli have totally lost the plot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:53pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:
While some are preparing for open trails, others have finished MRI screening. All I can say is FOLLOW WHO KNOWS ROAD. 😂

So you want fairness and transparent process?

The thing about you and komekn is double standard. You will say one thing and on the other post you'll want another thing

Based on fairness and transparent process do you think your Amunike deserve super eagles job from the resume of coaches that applied?

U never for once canvass for the best and most qualified amongst the lot to be picked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:57pm On Apr 20
forgiveness:

Una eyes don dey clear small small. grin

Badbelle destroyed our chances at 1994 wc.

While two players were arguing with each other at the dying minutes against Italy, Baggio received pass score equalizer. Chaiiiii!!!!!
The worst thing is that they see the super eagles coaching job as their birth right
Bunch of average coaches. Their mates are chairing FAs and regional football body here they're are recycling themselves with super eagles job.
None of them dare contest for NFF president

I am sick and tired of them. Give one of them the job now and watch the others beef
That 94 set walahi has outlived their useless

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:06pm On Apr 20
humility33:

The thing about you and komekn is double standard. You will say one thing and on the other post you'll want another thing

Based on fairness and transparent process do you think your Amunike deserve super eagles job from the resume of coaches that applied?

U never for once canvass for the best and most qualified amongst the lot to be picked

Tell us who you want outside Amunike.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:07pm On Apr 20
humility33:

Sharply from U17 enter SE matter,

it is well oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 6:14pm On Apr 20
humility33:

We Nigerians are cunning and funny, when others bend the rules to favour themselves we wail curse and fight them but when we bend the rules to favour ourselves we sing praises to God.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:17pm On Apr 20
do4luv14:

Sharply from U17 enter SE matter,

it is well oooo

First of all, his qualifications. Amunike is highly educated as a coach.

Second footballing exposure. He played at a high level and exposed to quality tactics and playing style.

Third, he worked with Manu Garba to built a brilliant set of footballers that dominated and played a good brand of football.

He also carried out a thorough screening process and developed a brilliant set of players that performed well and playing an innovative brand of tactical football.

After conquering with them, he built a brilliant u20 side that were dominating side. Unfortunately did not qualify due to pitch mismanagement by the NFF. No one can deny the quality of that team, the ball they played and their outstanding win ratio.

His work with the Tanzanian national team was memorable in getting the to qualify for the afcon.

If you say CV, that has changed as we have seen Guardiola, Enrique, Arteta, De Rossi and a host of others perform from junior football.

Based on tactical understanding of the game, innovative ideas and qualifications, Amunike is the right man for the job. Also his link to some key players in the squad is also a testament for him.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:20pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:

First of all, his qualifications. Amunike is highly educated as a coach.

Second footballing exposure. He played at a high level and exposed to quality tactics and playing style.

Third, he worked with Manu Garba to built a brilliant set of footballers that dominated and played a good brand of football.

He also carried out a thorough screening process and developed a brilliant set of players that performed well and playing an innovative brand of tactical football.

After conquering with them, he built a brilliant u20 side that were dominating side. Unfortunately did not qualify due to pitch mismanagement by the NFF. No one can deny the quality of that team, the ball they played and their outstanding win ratio.

His work with the Tanzanian national team was memorable in getting the to qualify for the afcon.

If you say CV, that has changed as we have seen Guardiola, Enrique, Arteta, De Rossi and a host of others perform from junior football.

Based on tactical understanding of the game, innovative ideas and qualifications, Amunike is the right man for the job. Also his link to some key players in the squad is also a testament for him.

Finito.

Ahh babaJoe, it's not you I quoted on it Na, Na Oga humble wey sabi rumble,

So biko free me ooo 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:20pm On Apr 20
If you are U17 and you don't have recommendation, you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:21pm On Apr 20
jieta:
We Nigerians are cunning and funny, when others bend the rules to favour themselves we wail curse and fight them but when we bend the rules to favour ourselves we sing praises to God.

bia bros what are you saying sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:23pm On Apr 20
If you are planning to try out for the U17, you are far away. Some have finished MRI screening.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:40pm On Apr 20
15 y/o Wesley Okoduwa, a defender (son of Emmanuel Okoduwa who starred for Nigeria at the AAG Football event in 2003) makes the bench for the 2nd time in the EPL this season for Wolves.

19 y/o Temple Ojinaka, midfielder also makes the bench for Wolves. He is Italian-Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:58pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:

Manu Garba said it will be difficult to replace the midfielders already in the team. How can he said that when he has not screened or seen others? Oya answer.
Time!!! I don't know what Manu was thinking when making that statement but if I'm to guess, it will be time factor. There is no time to carry out proper screening in order to find the best legs. I don't really support corruption but I don't think Manu really has any fault in this situation. The tourney is few weeks away FFS. Like I said earlier, blame the incompetent people in he glass house.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:07pm On Apr 20
Mujtahida:

Marjoribanks please use your connect to help our man. He's an advocate of Yori Yori football.
Dem no see elyte89 CV ooo. Dem say Snake chop am. Na why! 😆 🤣 Yori yori taka tiki not tiki taka? Lol!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:22pm On Apr 20
Man City goes into the FA Cup final. Beating Chelsea 1-0. If only Jackson had finishing sense. Lol

Congrats TheGoodJoe. Now we can rest abi.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16099) (16100) (16101) (16102) (16103) (16104) (16105) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, Sugarboyy(m), kennysville(m), jieta, TheSuperNerd(m), kingphilip(m), Pidginwhisper, bennie1980(m), jihday(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.