Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11701097 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16106) (16107) (16108) (16109) (16110) (16111) (16112) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22
elyte89:

Nff just wan use agidi employ a foreign coach Dey knw Dey can’t afford wout d help of the government….I pity our next coach sha cos dem go too owe am money
Foreign coach agidi, Nigerian coach agidi

Which one una want
Nawaooh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22
ThunderFireAgba:

Make una stop displaying mediocrity here! The same man you're praising that was outclassed by France during the finals or another one?
Always standing on the sidelines doing nothing! With his tribal stretch marks that looks like tiger claws, Dummy standing coach pro version of Onigbinde with his Telescope eyeglasses?
France took time to study his pattern of games knowing fully well he ALWAYS uses the same method of play. And when he noticed the game play, he couldn't do nothing cos he realized he got nothing to offer. The same man you people are praising here??
Is the same method of poor coaching that Eguaveon took una team to AFCON 2021 and Tunisia read una ynash. Standing clueless, he couldn't do nothing cos it's the same pattern of play he has thought them.
Hope una Amuneke will be different.

Come on. Yes we lost to France in the final but keep in mind we were in the same group with France and came out top of the group. We also beat France 2-1 in the group stage. So you can't hold that as a critique against him. He got us to the final playing some mad attacking football. A group that had USA, Japan and France. Even putting five past Australia in the knockout phase. Man, you can't tag coach Musa Abdulahi as mediocrity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:51pm On Apr 22
ThunderFireAgba:

Make una stop displaying mediocrity here! The same man you're praising that was outclassed by France during the finals or another one?
Always standing on the sidelines doing nothing! With his tribal stretch marks that looks like tiger claws, Dummy standing coach pro version of Onigbinde with his Telescope eyeglasses?
France took time to study his pattern of games knowing fully well he ALWAYS uses the same method of play. And when he noticed the game play, he couldn't do nothing cos he realized he got nothing to offer. The same man you people are praising here??
Is the same method of poor coaching that Eguaveon took una team to AFCON 2021 and Tunisia read una ynash. Standing clueless, he couldn't do nothing cos it's the same pattern of play he has thought them.

Are you criticizing him from getting to the final and losing to a star studded French team. Le Tallec, Meghin and Sinama Pongolle? Come on. You can't go there.

Even when he coached Dolphins, with Kelechi Osunwa, he got them to the finals of a competition.

Don't go there, there is nothing mediocre about coach Musa Abdulahi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 6:59pm On Apr 22
elyte89:
This amunike cv no b am 😊😊😊😊
So he qualified Tanzania to the afcon with just 2 wins and a draw?
That group must be piss poor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:59pm On Apr 22
maidaboi:
Foreign coach agidi, Nigerian coach agidi

Which one una want
Nawaooh

Isn’t it obvious Dey want a foreign coach but Dey can’t afford it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:59pm On Apr 22
ThunderFireAgba:

Condolence Message from Dolphins FC to the Family of Coach Musa Abdullahi

The statement said: “Musa Abdullahi was our coach from 2002 to 2005 and he created a football revolution in the state.

“Taking over the team after we had just won the FA Cup in 2001, we were knocked out of the Cup Winners Cup in the first round but he was not discouraged.”

[b]The statement said Abdullahi led the club back to the old division one league at the end of 2002 season and by 2004, it won the league and FA Cup.

“Musa Abdulahi is one coach the Dolphins and the people of Rivers State will not forget – he was kind, peaceful, easy to work with and very ambitious,” the statement said.

It said the late coach led Dolphins to the final of the Confederation of African Football Confederation Cup against Royal Armed Forces of Morocco but lost 1-3 on aggregate in 2005.

According to the statement, Adbulahi groomed in the Dolphins fold great players like Joseph Eyimofe, Ahmed Musa, Emah Godwin and Kingsley Williams.

Others are Bola Bello, Owazuoke Wobo, Efosa Eguakun, Ochuko Ojobo, Victor Ezeji, Abubakar Musa and Kelechi Osunwa.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/dolphins-fc-mourn-musa-abdullahi/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22
ThunderFireAgba:

Imagine, just reading he was Fanny Amun's assistant coach in the 1993 U17 that produced the likes of Oruma, Manu Nwankwo and Celestine Babayaro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22
TheGoodJoe:

Come on. Yes we lost to France in the final but keep in mind we were in the same group with France and came out top of the group. We also beat France 2-1 in the group stage. So you can't hold that as a critique against him. He got us to the final playing some mad attacking football. A group that had USA, Japan and France. Even putting five past Australia in the knockout phase. Man, you can't tag coach Musa Abdulahi as mediocrity.
Westerhof lost to 10 man Italy team with a goal advantage….Rohr under 5 minutes to round things up failed to beat Argentina…Vogts came and find Afcon difficult to handle….Bora was whitewashed by Denmark,in fact looked clueless,Hoener came and lost to Cameroon twice in the same tournament,Seoul 88 he lost everything,Bonfrere Jo put us in tight corner until a local coach Shuaib Amodu rescued us and gave us WC ticket but na to dey use local coaches as bad examples….Oga Joe make we just dey watch go

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:04pm On Apr 22
Joshua Zirkzee criminally underrated. What a player!!

He will do very well in teams like Arsenal and Barca!

Del Rossi honeymoon seems over. Reality checks in.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 7:11pm On Apr 22
mostob:
Elyte89, congratulations bro. I saw your name on the list. You're the special adviser to the team's kitman. I just want you to take the post with pure dedication and commitment. na gradually

Congratulation Sir Elyte89...
Time to get your CAF coaching license

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:12pm On Apr 22
Watch out for the new Pirlo-- Riccardo Calafiori! What a player! Spalletti must take him to euros!

I remember when I said Zirkzee is a unique talent. Many here mocked his time at Bayern.

Zirkzee will be a big time player! I believe he will fit in to ManCity style perfectly!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:13pm On Apr 22
elyte89:

Nff just wan use agidi employ a foreign coach Dey knw Dey can’t afford wout d help of the government….I pity our next coach sha cos dem go too owe am money
Dem go test am in how comfortable he go dey with gbese before appointment letter. The way amunike dey go about this thing dey look like desperation and ppl wey dey use desperation for this country no dey get better performance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:13pm On Apr 22
TheGoodJoe:

Imagine, just reading he was Fanny Amun's assistant coach in the 1993 U17 that produced the likes of Oruma, Manu Nwankwo and Celestine Babayaro.
Late coach Musa Abdullahi was a Father figure to some us in Ilorin.We lived together in Sultan RD and I want to say the first coach that gave me real treatment in the game of soccer.He was disciplined and not a sentimental coach.I remembered how he was accused of not using his power as national team coach to influence Ilorin based players into national teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:19pm On Apr 22
Kog45:
Westerhof lost to 10 man Italy team with a goal advantage….Rohr under 5 minutes to round things up failed to beat Argentina…Vogts came and find Afcon difficult to handle….Bora was whitewashed by Denmark,in fact looked clueless,Hoener came and lost to Cameroon twice in the same tournament,Seoul 88 he lost everything,Bonfrere Jo put us in tight corner until a local coach Shuaib Amodu rescued us and gave us WC ticket but na to dey use local coaches as bad examples….Oga Joe make we just dey watch go
Hoener didn't lose twice to Cameroon in Maroc 88. He drew the first game and lost the final to questionnable officiating. How can you forget that thunderous goal by the Late Sam Okwaraji of blessed memory!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:22pm On Apr 22
Calafiori is a defender. Pirlo wasn't a defender.

Zirkzee is good and I said as much but he didn't have it good at Bayern. Truth be told. His game really grew and matured in Italy and he is definitely one of the best link-man strikers around today.

Marjoribanks:
Watch out for the new Pirlo-- Riccardo Calafiori! What a player! Spalletti must take him to euros!

I remember when I said Zirkzee is a unique talent. Many here mocked his time at Bayern.

Zirkzee will be a big time player! I believe he will fit in to ManCity style perfectly!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:05pm On Apr 22
Chukwueze on the bench for AC Milan vs Inter Milan and Pioli will be wondering if he made the right call.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:40pm On Apr 22
He didn't play defense today, although he do play there like the commentator said. He is an all rounder. He was a midfield phenomeno today. On Zirkzee! Absolutely!
TheSuperNerd:
Calafiori is a defender. Pirlo wasn't a defender.

Zirkzee is good and I said as much but he didn't have it good at Bayern. Truth be told. His game really grew and matured in Italy and he is definitely one of the best link-man strikers around today.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:40pm On Apr 22
Inter vs AcMilan! What a game!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Gift96: 8:41pm On Apr 22
Marjoribanks:
Inter vs AcMilan! What a game!
The passes are interesting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:53pm On Apr 22
AndSunGorilla:

Hoener didn't lose twice to Cameroon in Maroc 88. He drew the first game and lost the final to questionnable officiating. How can you forget that thunderous goal by the Late Sam Okwaraji of blessed memory!!!!!
Thank you for the correction.I vex wrote the comment.I remembered Keshi always flew in from Belgium and played only two matches and it was against Cameroon,group stage 1-1 final 1-0

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 9:01pm On Apr 22
NFF what is this Amuneke am hearing. Appoint Amuneke and kiss the world cup bye.....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:07pm On Apr 22
Calafiori played LB today. Even his assist came from the left wing channel. He is a defender who can sometimes be used as an LM. But in truth, he played LB today.

Marjoribanks:
He didn't play defense today, although he do play there like the commentator said. He is an all rounder. He was a midfield phenomeno today. On Zirkzee! Absolutely!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 9:15pm On Apr 22
Oga, did Amuneke played possession football to lose 4 out 6. Did Amuneke play possession football in Egypt to lose 3 straight matches before been booted out? Oga did Amuneke play possession football with the U.20 when wacked at home by Sudan.
Oga if you are an agent please let us know. Better Nff go along with Finidi than appoint Amuneke.
He is an overated fellow nothing great about is Cv to warrant him been SE coach or do you think we are playing U.17 football match?.
TheGoodJoe:
One of the reasons why possession football managers and coaches are necessary, is that it leaves a foundation to maintain a legacy.

I listened to the Siasia interview with Emmanuel Babayaro and he talked about how his coach in Nantes was brilliant. He talked about how the man had an influence on him

Getting a coach like Amunike will give our younger ones someone to learn and impact them. Also get some of them to become tactical coaches in the future.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 9:30pm On Apr 22
Chukwueze cross led to commotion in thebinter milan box 18 which led to a goal. He us actually playing well and contributing to the attack.
He has really improved
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:49pm On Apr 22
Inter Milan are Serie A Champions. What better way to confirm your status as League Winners than against your fiercest rivals, AC Milan.

San siro is Blue.

Congrats to Simone Inzaghi "Ball". His first league title as a manager.

Cc TheGoodJoe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:06pm On Apr 22
I clearly said if one is not Yoruba or Hausa-Fulani, you believe that person has an agenda. What you have just said here buttress my point.

This man thinks I have a tribal interest, so he is making a point that he has supported Igbo players, just because he knows I’m neither Yoruba or Hausa-Fulani.

No be for this thread I said my best national team is the 2013 Golden Eaglets. Who coached that team? No be this thread I praised Sadiq to high heavens a couple years ago or so? No be for this thread I said Nwakali does not deserve to be in SE a while back? So wetin make me become hypocrite when I never “hype” the likes of Etebo, Ejaria etc?

Marjoribanks:
Nobody has supported Chukwueze, Nwakali etc better than me on this platform. I was among the first to fight for Finidi to be appointed as SE coach on this platform.
Nobody has criticized Salisu and Bosso than me on this platform. Likewise, nobody has critic Yekini than me on this platform.
My position will not change. I will always call out selective criticism and praise.

I will not respond to him any further nor speak on this matter going forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:13pm On Apr 22
Toylove:

So he qualified Tanzania to the afcon with just 2 wins and a draw?
That group must be piss poor
When I argued the fact that the expanded AFCON tournament played a part in qualification of smaller countries some of our guys here could only see it as a diss at Amunike.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:17pm On Apr 22
TheSuperNerd:
Calafiori played LB today. Even his assist came from the left wing channel. He is a defender who can sometimes be used as an LM. But in truth, he played LB today.

That's true but his style of play is quite similar to Pirlo! The way he moves and pass is just too smooth!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:20pm On Apr 22
Yes. His glides, passes and movements are quite smooth. Perhaps he could be another TAA but with a left foot, with time.

Marjoribanks:
That's true but his style of play is quite similar to Pirlo! The way he moves and pass is just too smooth!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:21pm On Apr 22
Kog45:
Thank you for the correction.I vex wrote the comment.I remembered Keshi always flew in from Belgium and played only two matches and it was against Cameroon,group stage 1-1 final 1-0
Yes, Keshi hit the crossbar with a free kick once i believe. We outplayed Cameroun in the final but lost anyway. That final pain me till 2moro!!! This last one, i no even think am, we played nonsense in the final.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:22pm On Apr 22
Odunayaw:
When I argued the fact that the expanded AFCON tournament played a part in qualification of smaller countries some of our guys here could only see it as a diss at Amunike.
Abegi, who no know say Amunike steal your kulikuli grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:29pm On Apr 22
Tanzania qualified for the Afcon in 2019 thanks to Amunike. First time in over 30 yrs. And Yes, the tournament was expanded.

Why didn't they qualify again for Afcon 21 with same expanded format?

They had to try again for Afcon 23 and they got it but guess what... with the same 2 wins and 2 draws. 🤣🤣🤣 (same Stats Amunike's Tanzania had when they qualified for the 2019 event).

Guys, just stop already. Don't pour cold water on Amunike's Achievement with them. He worked with a team in progress, gave a nation belief with their qualification and you are here talking it down. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16106) (16107) (16108) (16109) (16110) (16111) (16112) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, KpagoGIN(m), Lyster360 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.