Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11791497 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16138) (16139) (16140) (16141) (16142) (16143) (16144) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:46pm On May 01
Odunayaw:
Take your own advice. It is for your own good.

Mr. Clean slate advice. 😆
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:48pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

What a person grin

I am not surprised
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:01pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Kuku start d hashtags #amunikeismycoach not finidi same way #p obi is my president not tinubu 😀

Finidi must succeed 😀

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 2:11pm On May 01
ChrisKels:

He is a fan of Nwakali

grin

....if Finidi is a fan of Nwakali, I guess anti-finidi camp should be happy nah.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:12pm On May 01
elyte89:

Kuku start d hashtags #amunikeismycoach not finidi same way #p obi is my president not tinubu 😀

Finidi must succeed 😀

I have no beef with Finidi. I just want the false narrative of him coming as the best and pure narrative stopped being told.

Finidi can be supported without lies in his favor and blackmailing Amunike with lies.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 2:12pm On May 01
grin

It was on record that Finidi did have UEFA Pro. BTW, what should be more important is CAF coaching Badge not UEFA.

Nigeria is a country in Africa not Europe. LOL!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:13pm On May 01
Oasis007:

grin

....if Finidi is a fan of Nwakali, I guess anti-finidi camp should be happy nah.

There is no anti-Finidi camp. He is Super Eagles coach and that is all.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:14pm On May 01
Oasis007:
grin

It was on record that Finidi did have UEFA Pro. BTW, what should be more important is CAF coaching Badge not UEFA.

Nigeria is a country in Africa not Europe. LOL!

I am yet to see that record. I have only seen where Finidi, last December was told not to have a seat in the docks because he did not have a UEFA Pro Coaching License.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by potland: 2:19pm On May 01
Of all people, its finidi. Ok. We shall see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 2:21pm On May 01
grin

Amunike is never better than Finidi tactically. Nothing ever proves Amunike has what it takes to coach/manage Eagles successfully.

Late Keshi proved himself before Eagles job. He qualified Togo for their ever World Cup not even second appearance in the AFCON as Amunike very luckily did with Tanzania.

He managed Mali and took them to AFCON 2010. He earned his appointment as Eagles Coach, not through bullying, protest, unnecessary PRs like someone did, yet fail to get the job.

Finidi coached Men to win a League, Amunike shouldn't shy away from getting a job in the NPFL. Show us you are indeed drenched in tiki-taka pool week in week out like we are being forced, emotionally blackmailed to believe here.

His supporters should get him a job in Nigeria or outside the country, so they can look us in the faces and say; we told you so.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 2:22pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

I am yet to see that record. I have only seen where Finidi, last December was told not to have a seat in the docks because he did not have a UEFA Pro Coaching License.

Finito.

grin

Can you show us link to this update sir?!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by potland: 2:24pm On May 01
elyte89:
Two things costed amuneke d job from what I learnt during space conversation

1) forceful pr(wc amunike was unaware; ppu really wanted amunike to take over but unfortunately,d same ppu ousted him out of d job ..I would liken amunike fans like d obidients (Dey can be very toxic at times).during d space ,Collin said top nff officials became scared dt person wey we neva give d job don Dey pressure us,what if he finally lands d job,what will happen

2) continuity and time frame of d next crucial World Cup qualifier

No coach,whether foreign or local or even the best world classs coach will be able to impact his football knowledge on how he wants his team to play within 3 -4(max) training sessions b4 d SA GAME.coupled with the precarious situation we re,

Hence d gamble on finidi to continue as d head coach since he has been with the team for over twenty months now.we can’t deny d fact dt he knows the team more Dan any of d candidates who applie
get out idiot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:26pm On May 01
humility33:

Oga just reduce your hate or how you chide this innocent players who toiled their arse off here in Nigeria day and night....and their hardwork eventually paid off they move abroad.

Reduce how you disparage this boys potentials all because they're Naija groomed and born. It is not their fault that they were born in Nigeria and raised here

You lack knowledge 😔 and you have no depth to your understanding in addition you are very parochial.

Football is a global sport the standard will not be shifted, put to one side and or compromised because you are coming from Nigeria.

When it comes down to it nobody's cares whether you were born in Ajegunle or Ikoyi. Nobody is going to give you a soft landing 🛬 or create a double standard because you had it so hard and difficult in Nigeria.

Wake up from your delusional double standard dream.

Nigerians are coming out of the most socio economically deprived situations and areas. But against all odds have come into the university here across the globe 🌎 and thrived.

They excell in the most thought after and knowledge led professions. Against all odds they get up and get going and exceed expectations.

In the UK children of West African 🌍 origin have a higher attainment level than upper class caucasian white kids. Why 🤔 they fight against all the odds to succeed.

They didn't come here and say to their lecturers, "can you just pass me we didn't have any computers in my high school in Nigeria , so I really am handicapped. So appreciate my deprived circumstances and give me a pass mark please " .

No double standard will be created for you in the West because you are Nigerian.

The reality there is a negative double standard and it's called institutional wide spread and ingrained RACISM.

So when you see black kids in the UK don't assume they have had it easy.

Please Stop 🛑 this pity me mentality 😭

I respect VO so much my advice is what he took to the letter. He didn't complain that oh I am being discriminated against I've had a hard start in Life. You need to take it easy with me.

This Dude is an enigma he got up and could see a life of poverty staring 👀at him. He became relentlessly determined to learn advance and develop. He used sheer never say die will power. VO overcome not because he is technically great, because he humbled himself and and with blind rage and diligence overcame all odds.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by potland: 2:28pm On May 01
Oasis007:

grin

Like wetin. They said Finidi doesn't get UEFA Pro, we dropped Link, they said na Lie. Where is the Link that proved Amuneke gets Pro and Masters?!

They said Amuneke is drenched in the pool of tiki-taka, same as Finidi cos he was made in Ajax. As a player, Finidi is far more successful than Amuneke. He is a UCL Winner and also won other Trophies that Amuneke didn't even smell as a Player.

As a youth Coach, he managed a spanish U19 Club [not even U17] for 5 years. Guess what?! Spain is home of tiki-taka. As a Men Coach he has won a League, as in a League for God's sake!

He is technically a foreigner too, coz he is also a spanish. LOL!
get the fùck out of here. Finibot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:33pm On May 01
Oasis007:

grin

Can you show us link to this update sir?!

Why CAF refused Finidi, assistant to sit on bench in both matches — CAF Security Head

The People’s Elephant crashed out of the competition 4-3 on aggregate to Libya’s Al-Ahly Benghazi without their two coaches on the sidelines.

Emeruwa, who’s also a FIFA Security Officer, explained that Finidi and his Assistant do not have the required licences to sit on the bench in both fixtures despite both coaches possessing a UEFA A and UEFA C licences respectively.

“CAF intention is to raise the standard of coaching education in Africa, this is why to be on the bench for CL you either have a CAF A License or UEFA Pro license. Or other sister Confederation Pro licence while the assistants are to have a minimum of CAF B which unfortunately Finidi and his assistants do not have in this case.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/why-caf-refused-finidi-assistant-to-sit-on-bench-in-both-matches-caf-security-head/

August 29, 2023

That is August last year. Missed the month but you get the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:37pm On May 01
joelsteron:

We desperately need to get it right at the middle. Football is played in the Midfield especially when everywhere on the field are blocked and covered.
Watch Madrid first goal that's a proper central middle man.

Our defensive midfielders are exactly that defensive they have no creativity and struggle to move from defensive to offensive.

They are essentially water 💦 carries who will run all day but offer very little offensively.

The top DM have become playmakers going from defensive to offensive seamlessly. Rodri, Luiz, Rice, etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 2:41pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Why CAF refused Finidi, assistant to sit on bench in both matches — CAF Security Head

The People’s Elephant crashed out of the competition 4-3 on aggregate to Libya’s Al-Ahly Benghazi without their two coaches on the sidelines.

Emeruwa, who’s also a FIFA Security Officer, explained that Finidi and his Assistant do not have the required licences to sit on the bench in both fixtures despite both coaches possessing a UEFA A and UEFA C licences respectively.

“CAF intention is to raise the standard of coaching education in Africa, this is why to be on the bench for CL you either have a CAF A License or UEFA Pro license. Or other sister Confederation Pro licence while the assistants are to have a minimum of CAF B which unfortunately Finidi and his assistants do not have in this case.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/why-caf-refused-finidi-assistant-to-sit-on-bench-in-both-matches-caf-security-head/

August 29, 2023

That is August last year. Missed the month but you get the point.

grin

....this was last year nah. How are you sure he has not completed the course by now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:44pm On May 01
Oasis007:

grin

....this was last year nah. How are you sure he has not completed the course by now.

No report on that. That is the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 2:52pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

No report on that. That is the point.

I agree no report on that, but it doesn't mean he has not got it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:54pm On May 01
Oasis007:

....and is anything wrong with inviting best talent in the league?! Today we are comfortable with Nwabali in goal than Uzoho.

Local players played vital role last time we won AFCON. Defence and Midfield were made ticking by so called local players.

Calm down to dey read post... my post was directed at Komekn who is a known hater of Nigerian born players... if Finidi decides to give some NPFL players a chance and we start seeing some names like Tiaminu, folks like komekn will say its the NFF handwork

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:55pm On May 01
chrisooblog:
As in! Look at Benjamin Fredrick for instance straight from NPFL/academy to EPL club. If our resident brit expat 'scout' would have commented about how youth football is not bla blaa.. or I know a boy in Peterborough who's father's uncle's sister's boyfriend's brother is his coach.

Scout isonu cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:57pm On May 01
Oasis007:

I agree no report on that, but it doesn't mean he has not got it.

He doesn't it. Yet got the Super Eagles job.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:18pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Finito.

Beht Watin finidi need the uefa pro license for ?

Exactly last time i remember he was coaching Nigeria and not Austria 🇦🇹

He’s not coaching a European team

And the license is not needed for afcon or World Cup so i no understand what’s going on here

You’re saying nff gave an unqualified client the job ?

You’re saying nff didn’t do a background check ?

Bruf you’re better than this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:18pm On May 01
Oasis007:

grin

He doesn’t even need the course o for Christ sake
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:29pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Well I don't think getting a the Super Eagles job without any national team experience or a Uefa Pro license will count as starting on a clean slate.
Somebody shared a screenshot from transfermarket here that shows Finidi has a UEFA license. I made my research too and it shows he has UEFA A license. I don't think you can coach an age grade team abroad without any license.

So I ask, why are you bent on pulling the Man down with your false narrative because your fave didn't get the job? You're one of the most respected members here. What exactly do you derive from all these?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:33pm On May 01
mostob:
Somebody shared a screenshot from transfermarket here that shows Finidi has a UEFA license. I made my research too and it shows he has UEFA A license. I don't think you can coach an age grade team abroad without any license.

So I ask, why are you bent on pulling the Man down with your false narrative because your fave didn't get the job? You're one of the most respected members here. What exactly do you derive from all these?

Simple …he was severely pained 😀

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:53pm On May 01
Danielnino00:

Calm down to dey read post... my post was directed at Komekn who is a known hater of Nigerian born players... if Finidi decides to give some NPFL players a chance and we start seeing some names like Tiaminu, folks like komekn will say its the NFF handwork

grin

Apologies bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:54pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

He doesn't it. Yet got the Super Eagles job.

Finito.

Late Keshi, of blessed memory, didn't have UEFA Pro yet he made us proud.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:59pm On May 01
mostob:

I wonder why it is seen as pulling down. The question is, when did he have his UEFA Pro Coaching License. I don't believe Finidi will get one and won't make the media rounds. UEFA A license is different and lower than UEFA Pro Coaching License. If Finidi has it, show me an article where he obtained it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:00pm On May 01
typicalgamer:

He doesn’t even need the course o for Christ sake

grin

You are right bro, Rohr, JPes, Oliseh with their Pro Badges didn't win us anything meaningful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:03pm On May 01
grin

If Amunike is really that good, he shouldn't be begging for Jobs, rather Jobs should be begging for him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:03pm On May 01
typicalgamer:

Beht Watin finidi need the uefa pro license for ?

Exactly last time i remember he was coaching Nigeria and not Austria 🇦🇹

He’s not coaching a European team

And the license is not needed for afcon or World Cup so i no understand what’s going on here

You’re saying nff gave an unqualified client the job ?

You’re saying nff didn’t do a background check ?

Bruf you’re better than this

I am saying they gave someone with a lower qualification in all ramifications. And then tried spinning a lie about it. Just agree he does not have it and move on than people trying to spin that he has it. If Finidi has it, show me a media report when he got it. If not, let us agree NFF went with someone of lower qualification and hope he does well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16138) (16139) (16140) (16141) (16142) (16143) (16144) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), Subzerooo and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.